loss / marvel au

By gallia1999

heroes have been banned, and while they're split a new terror uprises (trust me the book is better than the d... More

chapter 1 / sue
chapter 2 / x's
chapter 3 / betts'
chapter 4 / cap
chapter 5 / torch
chapter 6 / fnhsm
chapter 7 / johnny's stupidity
chapter 8 / recruits
chapter 10 / the dream dimension
chapter 11 / encounter 1 / halloween
chapter 12 / encounter 1 / "i guess we're zombie fighters too now?"
chapter 13 / encounter 1 / bolt
chapter 14 / encounter 2 / calm
chapter 15/ encounter 2 / sirens
chapter 16 / encounter 2 / johnny's disquiet repose
chapter 17 / encounter 2 / sue's rage
chapter 18 / encounter 2 / katherine's offering

chapter 9 / upon arrival

25 2 2
By gallia1999

"Sue. Nice to meet you." she smiled, shaking the small brunettes hand.

"Katherine, but you could call me Kitty. It's nice to meet you too." she politely replied.

"Welcome to hell," Johnny butt in.

"This is Johnny, my brother." she sighed.

Kitty nodded, "I'm assuming you two already got the briefing?"

"Yeah. This is crazy."

"Damn right it is. Know anyone in the void?"

"The void? What do you mean?"

"Well, like- the dream-dimension. Whatever the wizard called it."

"Oh. I- I don't know yet." she lied

"Don't sweat it. We'll find out sooner or later.

"Yeah. Do you?"

"Well..." the teen sighed, "My friend went missing years ago. I hope-" she stopped, taking another breath. "Forget it."

Sue nodded, as she looked down at the ground.

"Any word on who else we've recruited?"

"No, Fury refuses to tell me. I don't know why, but I guess they'll be here soon."

"Let's hope so. I wanna hurry on with this mission, get back into the action if you get what I'm sayin'" she clicked her tongue.

"Yeah, oh, and I was meaning to ask, how's it been since Xavier's shutdown?"

"Horrible- well, in my case I may be over exaggerating but imagine being someone with like wings, immediately identifiable. We don't have that safe place anymore, the protective shield from the public. Now, it's just you're a mutant you're a mutant."

"This whole mutant situation is like-" Sue hesitantly sighed, not wanting to continue her sentence in nerve she'd say something stupid.

Kitty looked at her, pressing for Sue to continue.

"I- I lost my train of thought."

"Oh,"

"Any other mutants out there you think would be interested in hopping on with us?"

"That won't be necessary." Fury cut in, "I have hand-picked a very important group of people. No exceptions."

The three shrugged.

"Pryde, how about you come with me to get your suit. As for you, Sue, Dr. Strange has requested to speak with you."

Kitty nodded, going with Fury, as Sue turned around and was met with the caped man, who nodded for her to follow him.

"I have a couple things to discuss with you before entering." he said, as they began to walk.

Sue nodded, giving him the signal she was paying attention.

"Nightmare's illusions... they're illusions but they're still immensely dangerous. After something is done, there is no going back."

"What're you purposing?"

"What I'm saying is all choices are final. Deaths, decisions, words, and everything in between can not be reversed."

"Like real life."

"Yeah, well... I'm just warning you that before you come out of there traumatized-"

"Traumatized? How bad is this gonna be."

"It'll get freaky. And by freaky I mean, greek mythology-sirens-superhero-dead people-fairy-phoenix force-cute guys-corpses-gut turning-reality warping-dimension hopping-freaky."

"That was a lot, even for me."

"That's why I'm saying to be careful. There's no telling what that guy will throw at you, and there's no telling what he'll do once he gets ahold of you either. Now we must hurry with preparation. As soon as the others are briefed and arrived you leave immediately, Wanda won't be able to hold off much longer if we don't get on with it."

Sue nodded, as her and Strange parted ways and she regrouped back with Kitty and Johnny.

"So what was up with that?" asked Kitty.

"We have a further understanding of what we're now up against."

"Like?"

"Well to put it like he said it..." Sue thought back, gathering each piece she took in, "It's gonna get freaky real fast."

"What type of freaky?"

"Oh, he means: greek mythology-sirens-superhero-dead people-fairy-phoenix force-cute guys-corpses-stone turning-reality warping-dimension hopping-freaky."

The pair looked at her wide-eyed.

"Are you done i-is that it?" Johnny asked, somewhat terrified, "Please tell me that's it."

*
Brooklyn, NY 8:07 P.M.
"B-but! You- I saw you! You used your powers! You're so-!"

"Captain Rogers I'm gonna have to cut you off. My poor friend Captain Britain here doesn't seem interested in chatting with you."

"What the hell are you doing here?" the retired war veteran questioned, shocked to see the SHIELD director

"Here to recruit her, but it's fine, you can come too."

"I'm sorry, but what? Recruit me? I'm not going anywhere." the brit calmly replied, leaning back further onto the bench.

"You ain't got no choice for this one." he replied, grabbing the galaxy-haired girl by the arm and onto the ship, Steve following.

"What's going on?" asked Steve.

"Who are you anyways?" added Betsy.

"Nick Fury, director of SHIELD. I have a mission for you."

"A mission? I'm done with those. Been done with those. Paying my dues through secretly helping the public."

"This mission is different. You're journeying into a very dark universe and we're gonna need a telepath-"

"Go bug Frost, I don't want anything to do with that."

"You see, Frost doesn't possess such things you do."

"Like?" she rolled her eyes.

"Like a heart. That girls cold, pure steel. We can also never trust what type of sketchy business she's getting in either."

"Yeah? Well there's maybe a million other telepaths-"

"You remember that one guy? What's his name... mutant hater, rich guy?"

"Senator Kelly?"

"No the other one..." he snapped his fingers.

"Worthington?" asked Steve.

"That's it!"

"What about him?"

"His son has seemed to disappeared. Our sources say he may be in there."

"Those ties were cut a long time ago-"

"Those ties were cut exactly when he went missing."

The telepath shook her head.

"Fine..." she groaned. On the surface she made it look like she really didn't wanna do this.

But honestly, for years she'd held out hope he was alive. Somewhere out there, gliding around with those gail wings of his, soaking up the sun.

*
SHIELD HQ, 1:32 am
"Look what the cat dragged in." Kitty joked, looking at the girl who was exiting the jet.

"It's good to see you again too." the telepath replied, walking over to the tiny brunette.

"So where exactly have you been?"

"Though I've bounced around I've found a pleasant residency in Brooklyn."

"Of course, I heard somewhere that British people-"

"Don't start on those jokes again."

"Hi! You must be Elizabeth?" asked Sue, approaching the new girl.

"Yeah, you can call me Betsy though. Nice team we got here." she smiled, but then turned around to the man exiting the ship, "Minus him."

"Who's he?"

"This annoying guy I met on the streets. Says his name is "Captain America,"

"Captain America! Sounds lame." said Johnny.

"Of course, always having to add in your two-sense, right Johnny?" Sue retorted, "Well, whatever others say, we're glad to have you." she smiled at the man, who nodded in reply.

"How many of us exactly are there?" he asked.

"We're waiting on one. He should be here soon- Oh! Look, speak of the devil!" Fury exclaimed, as a smaller boy with a backpack and red and blue spandex spider suit approached the crowd of six, looking around in awe of the place.

"What's up Queens," said Captain America, approaching the kid and extending his hand for a shake, which the boy smiled and took.

"H-hey," he replied, with a smile, "This place is so cool!"

"You've never been here before?"

"Well- briefly, but-"

Sue approached the two, smiling as he stopped mid-sentence, "Oh- uh, hi! I'm Sue,"

"Hi,"

There was a small silence, an awkward one for that matter.

"So, are we ready to deploy?" asked Strange.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 113 51
Book 4 "Do you know how many times some one said. 'Oh look that's Riley's brother!'? He said it so many times I.... punched him in the face...
604 6 4
Peter and Kate both have been having a hard time in their respective lives, so Bobby decides to be a good friend and sets these two on a date. How wi...
13.7K 270 30
mature for the following reasons: Language, Dark Humour and the occasional sex joke. Whilst battling against a new organisation Shadowcat and the X-M...
1.1M 30.5K 76
In a reality where Peter Parker died with his parents and another asshole (you) got bit by a radioactive spider instead. Instead Of using your great...