Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thund...

By Creativity77

In this fifth book of the Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans, The Dark Twister, The Dark Hurricane, and thei... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
My Apology+Book V Part II Contest+One Year Anniversary

Chapter 19

307 19 11
By Creativity77

Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans: The Ultimate Team Up

Chapter Nineteen: The Trial
Miles Preston POV

I took a huge gulp as Captain Man, Jasper, Piper, Louie, Sam, Carly, Spencer, Goomer, Nona, Phoebe, Billy, Nora, Max Thunderman, Dad, Michelle, Tori, Beck, Jade, Andre, Robbie, Alex, Justin, Max Russo, Mr. and Mrs. Thunderman, Mr. and Mrs. Russo, and I walked through the huge, wooden, light-brown double doors. It was now 10:00 in the morning on Wednesday, February 18th. We were all now in Baton Rouge and today was the day of Cat, Dice, Charlotte, Henry, Frankie, Gibby, Taylor, and Freddie's trial. Of course, Dad, Louie, and I decided to possess some people so we could easily seen and heard by the jury and audience. We decided not to take Rex or Dr. Colosso along with us, as they might weird-out the people in the court. In order to make Tori, Jade, Beck, Rex, Robbie, Alex, Mr. and Mrs. Russo, Justin, and Max Russo not be as confused as they were, we were forced to tell them about everything. Yes, we told them about how Dad, Louie, and I are ghosts, how the Thunderman's and Carly have superpowers, how Carly is the chosen one, how they have a talking rabbit named, Dr. Colosso, how Ray Manchester is Captain Man, Swellview's beloved superhero, how Henry is his sidekick, Kid Danger, and how we defeated a bunch of ghost super villains in the past. For some odd reason, when we told them that Henry was Kid Danger, Piper's eyes widened and she began to gag.

Also, Jasper lowered his head and said, "Now I know why he got so upset at me when I said that Kid Danger was a lousy sidekick and that I could be a way better sidekick than him. I shouldn't of said that to him. I feel bad now."

In return of us spilling our secrets, the Russo's decided to spill theirs. It turns out that they are a family of wizards who have these cool wands, cool powers, and who can create this crazy spells. We made them promise not to tell anybody our secrets and the Russo's made us to the same. We all swore that we would not spill anything to anybody unless we had their permission to.

On each side of the room, there were two tables. One for us and one for the opposite side of the case. In front of the tables, were five stands. One for the judge, two for the other jury members, and two for the defenders; one for each side of the case. Behind the tables were an array of red chairs for the audience. Like the jury, the audience also gets to help decide whether the person/people who were accused are guilty or not. Then all of the sudden, Cat, Dice, Taylor, Henry, Charlotte, Gibby, Frankie, and Freddie, who were locked up in handcuffs and dressed up in orange uniforms, were brought into the room by eight police officers. They sat them down at the ginormous table that was on the right side of the room. We decided to take our places and sit down next to them.

"What are you guys doing here!?!?" Gibby asked, seeming confused.

"And who are they!?!?" Taylor asked as she motioned towards Alex, Max Russo, Justin, Mr. and Mrs. Russo, Tori, Beck, Jade, Andre, and Robbie with her handcuffs.

"Did you guys really think that we were going to let you guys get arrested for something that you didn't do?" Phoebe asked.

"How did you guys know about all of this and the fact that we didn't do it?" Dice asked, confused.

"Because we saw it on the news and besides, we know that you kids would never destroy a house!" Dad explained.

"Not even Frankie would do something like that!" Michelle added.

"Wait, Jade, Andre, Tori, Beck, and Robbie!?!?" Cat exclaimed.

"And Jasper and Piper!?!?" Henry chimed in.

"And Mr. and Mrs. Russo, Alex, Justin, and Max!?!?" Frankie and Taylor added.

"What are you guys doing here!?!?" Cat, Henry, Taylor, and Frankie all questioned at once, seeming really confused.

"We convinced them into helping us defend you guys," Sam explained.

"How are you guys going to defend us!?!?" Freddie asked, "The police claim that we were spotted destroying a house in Baton Rouge, but we don't remember doing it at all! We must of been seen doing something in order to end up in here!"

The rest of us smirked.

"We have a pretty clever idea in mind," Max Thunderman stated.

"You guys aren't going to use your super 'you know whats' are you?" Cat whispered.

"Only if it's necessary," Carly replied, "We are going to try and win this thing fair and square by showing the judge that you guys aren't bad kids at all."

Then all of the sudden, a group of thirteen people were lead into the room. Eight of them were male and seven of them were female. Five of them looked as if they were adults, seven of them looked as if they were teenagers, and one of them looked as if she was a tweenager. Also, they were all dressed very strange-like. They were all wearing huge sunglasses and it looked as if the hair on top of their heads were actually wigs. They all made me become very suspicious. They sat down at the table that was on the left side of the room. In about ten minutes, the chairs in the back of the room were all filled up with people.

"I guess that they're the owners of the house that got destroyed," I thought to myself, "Boy, they must live in a mini mansion or something like that!"

"ORDER IN THE COURT!" The judge yelled into his black microphone as he slammed his dark-brown gavel against his light-brown stand.

The noise of the slam was so loud that almost everybody in the courtroom jumped in their seats.

"Trevor's, where is your lawyer?" The judge asked as he motioned towards the people sitting at the other table with his gavel.

I guessed that Trevor was the surname of that family.

"Right here, your honor!" A man with dark-brown hair and dark-brown eyes who was all dressed up in a grey suit announced as he raised his one hand.

"Come up to the stand!" The judge ordered as he motioned towards the stand that was on the very right of all five stands.

"Yes, your honor," the Trevor's lawyer replied as he stood up and got behind the stand.

"State your name."

"Thomas Trevor, your honor."

"So, you're related to them?"

"Yes, I am, your honor. I am the only lawyer in the family."

"Interesting. And where is your lawyer?" The judge asked as he motioned towards our table.

"R-right here, your honor!" Spencer, who was all dressed up in a tan suit, announced as he raised his left hand into the air, seeming a bit nervous.

"Come up to the stand!" The judge instructed him as he motioned towards the stand to the very right.

"Y-yes, your honor," Spencer agreed as he stood up and got behind the stand that we was assigned, becoming even more nervous.

"Really, guys?" Freddie whispered as he turned towards us, "He's our lawyer!"

"Hey, he's the only guy that we know who went to law school!" Sam quietly barked, "And besides, we didn't have to pay him a penny!"

"State your name," the judge ordered.

"Sp-Spencer Shay, your honor!" Spencer replied, still seeming nervous.

Why was he so nervous? Did Spencer have doubt in our side winning? He should not be nervous! He's a lawyer! He needs to suck it up and defend our friends!

"Alright, Thomas, your side will be going first," the judge announce, "State your first offense."

"Thank you, your honor," the Trevor's lawyer, whom I now know as Thomas, thanked him, "Without a doubt, these eight adolescent children should be found guilty for what they have done to my family and I. That house means the world to us. It is the house that my two brothers and I grew up in. The house that my own daughters, sons, nieces, and nephews grew up in. It aches our hearts to see it in such a dastardly state. Ever since the incident, we have all been train wrecks. One my daughters, one of my sons, one of my nieces, and one of my nephews refuse to go to school each morning. The rest of them can't even go to school because of the lack of sleep at night. It is a struggle for my brothers and I to get out of bed in the morning. My wife and sister-in-law are now very paranoid, afraid that someone else is going to break into the house and do something bad to it- or even worse; us. Because of these children, we are very depressed and distraught at the moment. I mean, just look at my daughters' hair! All tangled up and knotted!"

"Oh, please!" Spencer argued, "They just probably did it themselves to make your sob story actually believable!"

"LET HIM SPEAK!!!" The judge roared.

Spencer jumped. "I'm sorry, your honor!"

"Alright, continue."

"Anyways, as I was saying, my family and I are just emotionally unstable right now. We will not be able to feel safe again until the monstrous children are put behind bars for their despicable actions!"

"Alright, are you done?"

"Yes, I am, your honor."

"Spencer, it is now time for you to state your first defense."

"Thank you, your honor. Do you have to happen a computer and a projection screen? I would like to present a slideshow to you."

"We have a laptop in the very back. Just hit the red button on the remote next to it to put down the screen and the green one to turn it on."

"Thank you, your honor!" Spencer thanked the judge as he dashed towards the grey laptop, which was at the very back of the room.

He then stuck a tiny, black flash drive into it. Once all of the content on the flash drive was downloaded onto the computer, Spencer picked up the grey remote that was next to it. He pressed the red button, which caused a large projection screen to come down at the very front of the room, behind the stands. He then pressed the green button, which caused the projection screen to slowly turn on. Spencer then sprinted all the way back to the front of the room and behind the stands. The judge and the two other jury members turned around so they could watch the slide show that we all chipped in to put together.

"Look at these innocent children!" Spencer shouted as pictures of Cat, Dice, Henry, Charlotte, Taylor, Frankie, Gibby, and Freddie slowly flashed across the screen.

The pictures were mostly of them doing good things, such as, petting animals, getting along with their siblings, doing things with their families, making things for other people, doing things for other people, and helping out with charities. Also, some of them were pictures of them having fun with us and some of their other friends and family members.

"I see the criminals workin' that photoshop!" One of the Trevor girls sang, "We know that stuff ain't real! C'mon now, make it stop!"

"STOP QUOTING MEGHAN TRAINOR AND LET HIM SPEAK!!!" The judge growled.

The girl jumped in her chair. "Sorry, your honor!"

"Your honor, I don't mean to interrupt, but Julie has a point! Those photos were probably photoshopped!"

The judge closed his eyes, took a deep breath, then opened them back up. "Please stop being rude and let Spencer talk."

"Yes, your honor."

"Alright, Spencer, you may go on."

"Thank you, your honor," Spencer thanked him, "Anyways, look at these innocent children! Helping others, being nice to animals, helping out with charities, getting along with children! Do you really think that they deserve to get thrown in the big house!?!? No! I highly doubt they really destroyed that house! I bet you a million dollars that someone hypnotized them into it. I mean, these kids are just too kind-hearted to do something like that!"

"Kind-hearted!?!?" Cat repeated as she stood up and banged her fists against the table.

"HOW DARE YOU CALL US THAT!!!" Freddie roared as he, Frankie, Gibby, Taylor, Henry, and Charlotte stood up.

"Let's show them how kind-hearted we really are!" Charlotte announced.

Somehow, they all managed to hop on top of the table without using their hands to support them. It was if they all had super-jumping powers. By their strange behavior, I could tell that they were being possessed. They then pounced at me, Phoebe, Max, Carly, Billy, Nora, Louie, Tori, and Alex. We were lucky enough to dodge them by jumping out of our seats and diving under the tables. All eight of them landed on the white, marble floor face-first with a big, loud, "THUD!" All of them were now out cold. The eight police officers who and brought them into the court room quickly rushed over towards them, slung them over their shoulders, and started to carry them out of the room.

"I HAVE SEEN ENOUGH!!!" The judge announced in a very angry manner, "I declare Caterina Valentine, Diceneo Corleone, Taylor Hathaway, Francesca Hathaway, Gibby Gibson, Fredward Benson, Henry Hart, and Charlotte Bolt as GUILTY!!!"

The judge then slammed his gavel against his stand once more. Carly, Spencer, Max Russo, Alex, Justin, Mr. and Mrs. Russo, Tori, Robbie, Jade, Beck, Andre, Sam, Goomer, Nona, Louie, Dad, Michelle, Nora, Billy, Max, Phoebe, Mr. and Mrs. Thunderman, Captain Man, and I all looked at one another with worried expressions on our faces. This just cannot be good at all... Not even one tiny-weeny bit...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 546 26
A neglected housecat runs away from his family and is tempted by the alluring world of the ferals, who steal from the human society that cared for hi...
1.9K 7 71
WARNING: THIS BOOK CONTAINS DEATH, STRONG LANGUAGE, AND MENTIONS OF TORTURE AND VIOLENCE. WHO WOULD WIN: dark wizard cabal vs. a group of 16-year-old...
35 0 16
"Stay low and don't be out long. I want you home ASAP." "Oh my gosh Bennett! Did you not hear what I told you?! What were you thinking?" I scratch t...
3.1K 83 32
"Ty, I think I'm going to do it again.. I don't want to but I don't think I'm strong enough this time." "What are you going to do?" "Where's my bro...