scarred//myg

By vi-writes

"did you know before?" you looked up and his eyes met yours. you tried to look at his eyes instead of the sca... More

author's note :)
aesthetics
i
ii
iii
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xxxx
xxxxi
epilogue
bonus: i
bonus: ii
bonus: iii
bonus: iv
bonus: v
author's note :')
happy new year!
hi :)

iv

3.7K 163 20
By vi-writes

"Y/N!" You looked up from your book as Taehyung ran into your room. He bowed, as he'd taken to doing, and handed you a letter. You rolled your eyes.

"What's this?"

"Came in the mail for you," he said with a smile, sitting on your bed. You set your book down and pried at the flaps, opening it carefully.

It was pretty heavy, for a letter. The creamy parchment was folded neatly and your name was written in the prettiest handwriting. Taehyung shook his head to get his hair out of his eyes as he watched you read.

"I've been invited to the prince's wedding," you said, reading it all over again.

"Prince Namjoon's?" You looked up at him and he clapped. You turned the parchment around and sighed.

"I'm not sure I like this whole royal thi--" you paused as you brought the paper up closer to read. Tae leaned in.

"What is it?"

you are to be my date

You stared at the tiny hand scribble before looking up at your brother. He snatched the paper from you and grinned.

"This is from the prince, isn't it?" He asked, looking up at you. You snatched the letter back.

"Oh, shut up."

"Y/N, you're going to be married into royalty," he said with a smile. "Aren't you at all excited?"

"I was in the middle of my book."

"And prince Namjoon is so nice-- you'll be so well taken care of there." You looked up at him.

"You take care of me well, Tae."

"Not as well as royalty could."

"I don't want that," you mumbled. "And I was already dancing with someone, I thought he was int--"

"Prince, y/n." You sighed. "Do you really not want to marry him?"

"I don't know, Tae," you said honestly. "I'm not excited to." He sat properly, flicking his hair away from his face again.

"You don't have to," he said gently. You shrugged.

"I'm just scared, Tae." he frowned. "I've never been without you before." He laughed.

"You're dying to get away from me." You throw your book at him and he caught it, setting it down. "You'll be fine."

"I'm still scared."

"I know but it won't be so bad." You looked up at him. "You won't have to do anything and who knows-- maybe you can find out what he's really like."

"Huh." You picked at your sheets

"I mean I'm sure you will." You looked back at him. "He seems to be into you." Ge nudged you and wiggled his eyebrows. You took your back.

"We'll see." He kissed your head and stood. "Dinner?"

"I'll get on it." You thanked him. "You work on getting a gown made for that wedding." You looked over at your sewing machine and sighed.

"On it."

---

You'd already been working on a sketch of a dress before the invitation came through, a dress you'd wanted to make for some time.

So it was definitely cool for you to get the opportunity to do so. You'd made the one you'd worn to the ball on the night that you'd met Yoongi, and if he'd had to have seen something in you then, right? So it was probably the dress.

Hopefully, he'd like this one too.

Dresses didn't take all that long to make for you. This was what you were good at. What took long was finding materials to make the dresses with.

You weren't in a position to buy long yards of expensive fabric. Nor did you have access to any fine embellishments. You often made do with what you had. You took apart your old dresses, trying to make the most of those, you often stole ties from Taehyung, if that small piece of fabric would make do.

So that was the plan. You'd take apart a few old ones you'd made whose colours would look nice together. Then you'd turn it into something new, steal a few ties and perhaps a shirt if need be and call it a day.

This was one of the pros you'd come up with for following through with the wedding-- you'd probably be able to afford so much more fabric and so much more thread. The good stuff too.

What you didn't realize was that you wouldn't need to be making dresses at all.

That hit when two lovely knights showed up at your door one sunny Sunday morning.

"Hello," you said kindly, opening the door. One of them bowed.

"Good morning, your highness." You shook your head and waved as he stood up straight.

"Oh, I'm not--"

"Highness?" The other knight asked, looking around at the tiny house you and Tae lived in. You looked around too.

"I'm not sure if you remember but we met at the ball?" You looked up at him. "Sir Jeon Jungkook," he filled in. You nodded.

"Ah, yes, nice to see you again." He smiled and looked over at the other knight. He hit him on the arm.

"What?" Jungkook glared at him and you couldn't help but smile.

You looked over to see Taehyung. You'd been feeling a little under the weather and so he'd gone to your neighbours on his own. They were quite elderly and you two would help them with their garden. So there he was, sitting in dirt and messing with strawberry seeds.

"Park," the knight said. "Park Jimin-- Sir Park Jimin." You nodded and smiled a little-- so this was the infamous Park Jimin the maidens in the village were always talking about.

"Pleasure to meet you." They both stared at you and you had nothing to do but stare back. "What brings you here?"

"Oh!" Jungkook quickly cleared his voice. "The prince sent us," he said. You nodded slowly.

"Namjoon," Jimin clarified.

"Prince Namjoon," Jungkook corrected with a glare. You shifted your weight.

"Okay," you said with a nod. You'd been in the middle of undoing the threads of one of your dresses. It wasn't all that fun but thanks to your not-so-great sewing machine, the seams were not all that tight to begin with.

"He would like to know when you're free for dress fitting?" Your eyebrows raised.

"Dress fitting?"

"For the wedding, your maj--"

"Y/N is okay," you said, becoming uncomfortable.

"Y/N," Jimin said, eyebrows raised. Taehyung looked up at the sound of your name. You gave him a small shrug as he raised his eyebrows, pushing his hair out of his eyes as he tried to get a better look at you over the yard. He got dirt on his nose.

"So, yes-- dress fitting." You stared. "The tailor is able to come to the palace at any time the prince wanted to know when you--"

"Oh no, I don't need a dress," you said. Jungkook and Jimin both stared at you.

"Do you not have a date to the wedding, y/n?" Jimin asked. Your eyes widened slightly.

"Park!"

"What-- because I'd gladly accompan--"

"You prick, she's engaged to the prince!" Jungkook said quickly. Jimin's eyebrows raised as he looked you up and down. You looked away.

"Prince Yoongi?" You nodded slowly. "You're the one he picked-- oh, so that's why you were invited." You nodded again. "And it's hyung to you," Jimin said to the other knight. He rolled his eyes.

"So you don't need a dress?" Kook clarified. You shook your head. "But, miss-- it's a wedding." Jimin snickered.

"Well- yes, but, what I mean is, I don't need a dress-- I've already got one." Jungkook nodded.

"You have a dress already?"

"Kind of." He stared at you. "It's still being made." Jungkook smiled.

"You could have it finished by the seamstress at the palace." You gave him a gentle smile. "I'm sure she's much better than the tailor you have now-- no offence to her."

"I happen to be the tailor." Jungkook frowned. "I'm making the dress myself." His eyes widened as Jimin laughed, turning around, shaking his head.

"Oh-- I'm so sorry, I didn't--" You shook your head. "You can make your own dress-- you know how?"

"I do."

"That's really cool," he said with a smile, clearly still embarrassed. "My fiancee would think that's really cool too."

"No one cares about your girlfriend, Jeon--"

"Yes, j/gf, right?" Jungkook nodded eagerly. "I remember her-- she was really pretty." Jungkook nodded.

"She's perfect, I thi--"

"No one gives a shit-- are we done here?" Jungkook glared at him.

"So you don't need a seamstress-- should I just let the prince know?" You nodded.

"Tell him I said thank you." Jungkook nodded.

"Will do, miss." You smiled and leaned against the door. You smiled at Jimin who smirked back and they headed back down the road.

"Bye bye," you said with a wave. They turned and waved back. You were heading back in when you heard Jimin speak.

"Notice how Prince Namjoon had to ask," he muttered to Jungkook. Jungkook elbowed him. "Why do you think Yoongi even picked her?"

"How would I know?" You waited and listened as their voices got quieter and quieter. "Maybe he thinks she's pretty."

"There were some other fine-looking maidens at that ball, Jeon." Jungkook shook his head.

"Can you walk faster-- we're going to miss training Park--"

"There's something in my boot, wait a damn second." And after that, you couldn't hear them.

You headed back into the house with a frown on your face. This was so dumb. You'd been perfectly content in your little home with your brother and here you were, ready to pack up everything you know to live with some prince who's probably marrying for the sake of getting married.

You sat back with your fabric in hand, picking at the seams with your safety pin as Taehyung walked back into the house. You looked up from the couch. "What was that about?" he asked. You sighed.

"They were knights-- from the castle." His eyebrows raised as he set the little basket on the couch beside you. You smiled and reached in.

"They aren't washed," he said You looked up, a strawberry halfway to your mouth. "So what'd they want then-- wedding stuff?"

"Yeah, they wanted to know when I would be available for a seamstress to, I don't know, make my dress, I guess? Get fitted for one?" His eyebrows raised as he turned from the sink, scrubbing his hands clean. He looked at what you had in your lap. You nodded.

"You said no?"

"Politely!" you defended. "I don't want to cause them the trouble and besides-- I like making my own dresses."

"Are you sure it didn't come off as disrespectful?" You thought. "To say no?"

"I don't think so." He dried his hands on a dishtowel. "I think it's okay."

"Okay," he sighed, walking to you to take the basket of strawberries. He kissed your head as he walked back to the kitchen.

"What are you gonna do when I'm gone?" He looked up.

"Let's not talk about that-- we have loads of time, hm?" You sat up and picked up your safety pin.

"But what are you gonna do-- are you gonna live here alone?" He smiled.

"I guess so."

"Why don't you get married too?" He laughed.

"Yes because it's easy as that, isn't it?" You rolled your eyes.

"Was for me." He cut the stems off of the strawberries and you crossed your feet at your ankles as you pulled the fabric closer to your eyes.

"Well," you looked up as he spoke again. He shook his head to get his hair away from his eyes. "Maybe I'll find myself a girlfriend." You smiled.

"Maybe." He nodded and made his way over to you with a bowl. "But first, you should let me cut your hair." He shoved a strawberry into your mouth and you laughed, covering it with a palm.

"You aren't touching my hair."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 618 26
[๐“๐š๐ž๐ค๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐’๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐š๐ฅ] โ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ƒ๐ฃ๐ข๐ง๐ง, ๐’๐š๐ฏ๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐žโž Top Taehyung Bottom Jungkook โŒ‡ "Taehyung, Promise...
123K 5K 24
'and what if I want to be yours Min Yoongi?' 'you know what I am y/n. you can't be serious' -- Y/N, the girl with no friends. No interaction. Nothin...
3.2K 231 26
โhis face softened. "i'm sorry about earlier. jimin told me he told you what happened last night and i realised you're right. i have no right to take...
13.6K 2K 50
โI went against the most important rule for a matchmaker; I fell for my client.โž Where a guy visits a matchmaker shop and hires the matchmaker. Did t...