Just Another Wing-Fic

By Heartspin

As the title states this is just another wing-fic. Peter has black wings. He has hidden them since he was a c... More

Birds of a Feather. . . Get Webbed Together?
And Things are About to Get as Sirius Black as Can Be.
It's Such A Good Feeling To Know You're Alive~
Peters Choice Pt . 1
Peter's Choice Pt. 2
Their Darkness Revealed

Numbers Are Good

12 2 0
By Heartspin

Chapter 2

Numbers are good. 

Peter sat stiff, his Spider-Man mask itchy on his face. He probably was going to break out in a HORRIBLE amount of zits. Two days in the mask? Well he couldn't complain-the team at least had the honor of not damasking him. As he always requested.

"Is it because they have unique markers?" He squinted a bit wondering what Banner was talking about until remembering the question. Oh. Right. Wings.

"Because I believe we have worked together far long enough. . . ." he trailed off.

Spider-man was the most secretive of all the supers, that was obvious.

Not for lack of trying, mind you.

It took Peter 13 times scanning and finding bugs on his person or some of the 'gifts' from Tony until the man stopped his attempts at tracking him. He groaned rubbing his brow feeling an oncoming headache. Sometimes he wondered if it would be easier to just out himself to the other heros.

But then visions of Gwen and her father, of people like Harry and Norman and Connors who were effected by his masked self. And he thought of his aunt May, so hard working and strong and loving. How could he ever let Spider-Man and Peter become one? They had become two very different people over time.

"It's something like that," he finally said lamely before his back straightened," Shhooooot you said I have been out for TWO days?!?!" Tony and Banner looked to each other from one side of the bed. Clint and Natasha had been having one of their weird eyebrow conversations-to be able to take part in one would be one big perk of outing Peter to the others- and had stopped at his outburst.

"Yes," Steve said slowly glancing to the others for a moment before raising an eyebrow to the younger super.

It had been painfully obvious when Spider-man first met the avengers that he idolized both Cap. and Iron-Man. And Steve had immediately warmed up to the younger and took him under his wing, in an odd way taking a fatherly role among the team of supers. Peter almost laughed aloud at the thought. Would that make Tony his mommy?

"I-I have to be somewhere. Like, oh, 2 days ago,"he said as he clumsily untangled himself from his sheets and stood though regretted it immediately. He felt extremely weak.

Steve quickly grabbed his arm, his white wings bristling-just to add to his perfect image he had WHITE wings to top it off which may sometimes have made Peter slightly jealous.

Because just as in color, white wings-or doves- and black wings-ravens- were the exact opposite. White were highly cherished and sought after, softest and most delicate of all wings and were almost always Omegas. Crow wings were not spoken of as well, though.

Peter grudgingly recalled enjoying the feel of his wings back before he was almost pinioned. But now he could't remember the texure and the only things spoke of them by the public as a whole was the fact that when attacked Ravens wings became razor sharp. Which was why the genocide had happened back when he had been a child.

Ravens were see and a dangerous high risk part of the population-far more likely to commit crimes than any other flock. And they weren't wrong.

Back when there HAD been Ravens other than Peter, least that he knew of, they frequently were delinquents or criminals of some degree. Peter wondered absent mindlessly if it were due to societies views on them or genetic make-up.

Either way he was the first Omega Raven he had ever heard of. Which was probably why no one ever suspected of him being one.

Shaking his head clear he tuned back in to the here and now, ignoring the beauty of the white winged avenger. "Is it truly so terrible to have a 'few' trusted companions know your identity?" Hawkeye was probably still hurt that he had failed several times to follow Peter and find out his identity. It was a little competition between Tony and him that the others had the courtesy not to take part in.

Peter chewed his lip for a moment looking to the floor as he slowly dislodged himself from Cap," Well I have thought about it before," he said slowly," but. . ." the words were gone. How could he possibly explain everything that being who he was had led up to? He lost everyone but his aunt because of his wings and because of being Spider-Man. How could he risk her like that?

"It's okay kiddo," Steve put a calming hand on his shoulder and he relaxed-Steve was good at making others comfortable," When you're ready we will still be here."

Peter nodded mutely. "Mind if I steal some clothes from ya-not gonna change here or anything but I can't go out too far looking like this."

"Which is another reason why you should give us your secret identity in faith that we would be here to protect you," Tony grumbled grabbing a plain t-shirt and sweat pants from the closet.

Peter smiled-Tony had an odd way of showing his love. "Aw thanks mom," he said in a sickly sweet voice. Tony looked greener than Bruce when he was in a mood and his wings ruffled,"never. Refer to me as mom again." Peter grinned cheekily and caught the clothes the elder threw a his face.

Stretching really quick he walked out giving the group a small awkward wave with a,"K-so well guess I'm going now. Seeya~" and he was heading to the elevator.

While he waited for it to reach him his heart slowly fell. He was in Spider-Man uniform, but he WAS NOT Spider-Man. Spider-Man would gracefully leave out a window and web-sling or wall crawl his way out. Gently Peter put his hand on the wall and willed his hands to grab on to it as they had instinctively done for years now.

His stomach turned when nothing happened.

There was the ding of the elevator door and Peter was stepping through when suddenly a body quickly made its way into the elevator right before the doors shut.

"It is far past time," Natasha said and Peter felt himself justified as he plastered himself against the opposite wall at the icy glare she gave him.

"For me to be out? Don't worry I don't have a curfew. Full grow adult-got a job, apartment everything!"he attempted a chuckle at the end but it came out as a strained whine.

Natasha looked unimpressed. "Peter Parker you need to reveal your identity to the team. We are a team, we do not hide secrets, it doesn't lay well with the others-it doesn't lay well with me," and if his jaw could hit the floor it would.

She pushed the emergency stop on the elevator and snapped her fingers," Get changed camera boy. Now. You need a body guard without your powers, and for now I am all you have until you quite being so ridiculous. "

"H-how. . ."

"I have my ways."

He gaped for a minute longer before," who else-"

"I have told no one. Yet," her eyes narrowed," but given the current circumstances I may not be so kind for much longer."

He pulled off his masked, god it was nice to have the itchy thing off, and chewed his bottom lip thinking about his aunt.

Gaze softening slightly, which was the equivalent to a comforting smile in Natasha's book, the lethal woman unfolded her arms and sighed," Don't worry kid. Your aunt will be fine. Tony can house her here if need be."

He gaped openly," Can you see into my mind??!??!??"

Natasha went back into her RBF mode before responding deadpanned,"It is not difficult to read you kid. You have always made it perfectly clear you have someone to protect and you feel keeping your identity hidden would do that well. And seeing as how you see to have no one but your aunt. . . "

Peter flinched and she stopped there. It was worse hearing it aloud.

A hand was on his shoulder-and holy shit she was touching him without throwing him to the floor or otherwise maiming him( which he learned in the past was always accompanied with any physical contact done by the other).

"We are here for you," her wings were slightly encasing them feathers puffed out-a broody move mothers often do with their children, and Peter felt his heart melt at the sight. No one had done that to him since his mother before his wings came in.

When she had seen them she never became broody with him again. "I,"his throat constricted and he snapped his mouth shut before he did somethings stupid-like bawl his eyes out.

Smiling shakily he nodded and cleared his throat. And then she absolutely ruined the moment by grabbing his clothes and practically smothering him when shoving them in his face.

"Alright alright already!"he screeched," you ruined our moment!"

"There was never a moment," Natasha was always really good at cutting off any of his banter or witty remarks so he childishly grumbled,"there was a small one." before he squeeked at her icy glare and quickly agreed,"nothing happened!"

"Change. Now." "Alright already turn your butt around your still a girl," he said and blushed at her vicious smile.

She complied while murmuring ," child," and crossed her arms as he struggled out of his two piece uniform.

While he took forever squirming out of the skin tight suite, it was more difficult when there were no sticky fingers to help pull it off, she decided to drill him.

"When will you let yourself be known to the team?" He had just wiggled the top over his head with a gasp and frowned his stomach doing a flip flop.

Okay so he 'was' doing this. He was pretty sure he hadn't quite fully came to terms with what he was agreeing on doing.

"Um. . . not now."

"Soon," she said clipped,"With the way things have been going-it will have to be very soon."

"I have. . ."his heart clenched and an image of Deadpool flashed through his mind," I have someone I owe first. I have to tell hi-them my identity then were peachy. But just the team mind you-I don't want this going public"

Peter didn't miss the tensing of her shoulders.

"Deadpool," she said simply.

He hummed shuffling awkwardly out of his pants before bending over to grab the shirt and sweats Tony had gave him. "I don't know. . . .how advised that would be."

He stiffened,shirt half way on before he continued what he was doing,"...why is that?"

"I would think a genius such as yourself could solve that mystery. Wade simply is unhinged," she shifted her weight and he could tell she was thinking deeply-probably remembering something," He. . .I know you have said it before and we have seen how he is attempting to be a better person."

She turned and he quickly finished pulling up his pants with a startled yelp.

She rolled her eyes. "Nothing I haven't seen before, quit being such a girl."

He would have happily pointed out how SHE was a girl, but he didn't want his eyes ripped out.

Or his dick smashed.

Or something surely painful to happen to him physically.

"He would be a danger to your aunt if anyone would."

"No he wouldn't," Peter straightened suddenly, voice strong and firm.

He looked to her gaze unwavering from her piercing stare. "How can you be so sure?"

He bit his lip.

How?

It wasn't simply from the multiple times the crazed man had presented his wings to him. It was more than that. Peter thought of the small deeds the man did that went unnoticed by most. Helping a kid get their cat out of a tree-though Peter was able to look past the fact that Wade had cut half the thing down in his effort , it was the thought that counted- tipping hard working grunt workers well, knowing his neighbor, an elderly woman next to one of Wades many apartments but from what Peter gathered this one was his new favorite apartment. Wade helped her to church on Sundays, since the woman had trouble going ever since her husband had died.He watched over some kids, and even though Peter didn't know the full story from what he had gathered Wade had known their father before he died.

Peters heart twisted and did a funny little dance in sync with his stomach.

"I have seen," he licked his lips," I just see a side of him. . . a side I believe is good and can grow."

"He enjoys killing,"She argued.

Thinking a minute more he replied slowly,"Yes. . . .though he has expressed it has bored him more recently," and he wasn't about to mention that Wade had dropped a little hint that he would do his best on the small fry and just keep to maiming lightly.

Peter couldn't argue to him about jobs-Wade was a mercenary. It was what he did for a living. And even though he couldn't get behind it, he would never ask the other to change for him. Not like that-not to the extreme of never killing again or no violence. Then he just wouldn't be Wade.

Natasha was silent for a moment.

"You love him."

He sputtered. "What?!"

"He has presented to you-and before you complain it is difficult to ignore when he has done it out in the open for everyone to see multiple times."

Peter grumbled something about how he was going to have to be a little more solid with their ground rules.

"You never respond." Peter was silent at this, his back aching and wings feeling all the heavier. Even though Natasha knew his secret identity his wings were still something he couldn't share. Suddenly his breath caught and he looked up sharply eyes fearful.

Did she know?

"Your public file," she continued watching him with sharp eyes," states you have simple brown wings. No markers, nothing special. You are just a brown," people with only one mundane color didn't get a special bird to attach to.

Except for crows and doves.

"Yes." His voice was tight now and air was hard to get into his lungs.

"So. I have 'never' seen your wings. No one has-Deadpool has complained quite loudly about this. Why?" She was digging, and he wasn't happy about it.

"They are my wings. I show them when I please."

"Which is never from what I gather."

Feeling ill and his eyes burning he clenched his hands," So!? What does it matter."

"Because the only ones who do not accept flocks or are not in one are the wingless,"she stared at his tense shoulders, at where it was visibly he was restraining his wings from releasing," You do not present as a wingless. There is reason."

He looked down feeling sick. He couldn't hide forever, not when apparently whatever Otto had made targeted his wings genes.

"Are you a dove? It is nothing to hide. If someone tried to-to pluck you for feathers," her own ruffled as she glared to nothing in particular," we would take care of them. There is no reason to hide-we have all suspected you may be for quite some time."

"Why," he asked thickly and-aw crap there were those damn tears. His nose felt plugged up even.

She turned to him sharply at his voice and frowned. "You display dove characteristics," she said matter o factly," You are an Omega with a pleasing personality that pulls everyone in, you want to help, are caring, empathetic, do whatever you can to not harm anyone . . ."she trailed off at his weak and pathetic laugh.

"I need to get home," he said finally sniffing and wiping his nose on his arm. Ew.

Natasha stayed silent for only a moment longer before mechanically pushing the elevators button again. They were silent the rest of the way before the elevator chimed and went to a halt signaling they had arrived.

"I am sorry I pried so much," she said as she followed him out the door to a gloomy sky.

How fitting, he though grumpily.

Shrugging he felt like he couldn't say much to that. She was doing what she felt was necessary. But the group thinking he was a dove. Like cap. Like the one he WISHED he could be like. He was nothing like what they thought him to be.

And it made him sick.

------

It had taken nearly an hour to arrive home from Stark towers but when he did the first thing had been sure to do was call his overly worried aunt and explain very vaguely he had gotten into an accident, no he wasn't in the hospital any longer, and yes if this ever happened again he would call right when he woke up and no he didn't need any soup to be brought over he was tired and going to bed and yes of course he would stay in contact and visit when feeling better.

Natasha had made herself comfortable on the couch and was on her phone mutely playing candy crush.

Ignoring her Peter went to go take a shower feeling as if he were moving through a haze. His identity was known by Natasha.

She knew about his aunt. Did it really make a difference to hide it still?

And his powers were gone. He could no longer what he had sacrificed so much for. Dates, friends, hang out time, free time most of his teenage years and young adult years all driven to being the best hero that he could be.

To step up when no one else was around and make a difference. Leaning on the door he looked tiredly into the mirror.

And even so. What of his wings?

He felt his stomach twist painfully at the admission from the team. His team. The group of people he had worked along side to keep the world safe from danger. They honestly thought him to be something as beautiful, as perfect as a dove.

Peter felt his wings twitch under his skin, begging to be free. He gazed hard into the mirror.

Dare he even look himself? He jumped while in the middle of his inner turmoil at the distant chim of one of his 'hero cell' going off with a bouncy toon that Deadpool had affectionately named the 'spidey theme' with lyrics and everything.

After all the merc had been the one to set the ringer.

Throwing the door open without thinking about if he should answer it or not he threw himself to his counter where various pieces and scraps of things had been dismantled for web shooters and searched desperately for his phone. Finding it he sighed at just missing it on the last ring. Then his eyes got large at the missed calls and messages.

142 missed calls. 200 messages.

"Oh Wade," he sighed a smile tugging on his lips. He flipped the phone open but froze feeling eyes burning into his back.

"First name basis?" Peter sighed,"Does it matter?"

Natasha was silent for a moment and Peter felt his back straightening and tense under her stair. "As long as he doesn't hurt you," she finally said," I suppose not."

He spun around eyes round sputtering. He wasn't sure if he was more surprised she assumed they were already together-though that seemed to be where this was gravitating to so long as Wade could accept him- or that she so easily accepted the idea of him being with the other.

She shrugged," None of my business. You are a big boy. Just be careful."

"He wouldn't hurt me," he reaffirmed before heading to his bedroom and gently shutting the door.

Looking down he opened the messages at random from somewhere near the middle.

"I'm really worried about you."

One before that "Look I have chimichangas!" There was a photo attached.

Then; "Where have you been" "are you ignoring me" "I am really sorry that I presented on the roof. I am an idiot and will try not to any more.""I have a lovely bunch of co-conutz for you!""Delivery by african swollow! Hahah. Swallow. I do that ya know<3"

And lastly. "Spider-Man I promise I will stop presenting to you. Please don't stop being my friend because of some stupid shit I pulled" Heart twisting and stomach dropping for what must have been the thousandth time that day Peter dialed the mercs number.

It was picked up before the first ring was even finished.

"You missed Taco-Tuesday," a gruff voice on the other end accused.

Blinking Peter grinned weakly sliding down his door.

"Wade," he breathed.

There was a pause," Everything okay baby boy? Been tryin' to get a hold of you."

"Yes-no? Maybe? Look. . .we. . .we need to talk."

There was that sharp intake of breath and before Wade could say anything Peter rushed. "I want to. . . to meet. In civvies. If. . I want to you know. But I want us to know each-other and. . . we need to see each-others faces. . . then also theres. . and then that too. . .but then first we need to address other things and then there is that as well and-"

"Woah woah woah baby boy caaalm down," Deadpool said cutting off Peters freak out," You want to meet in civilian clothes?"

Holding the phone as if it were a lifeline he nodded before remembering Deadpool couldn't see him," Y-yes. I. . .I'll wear a blue hoodie. It has cap on it. I'll be on my skateboard."

There was silence and Peters heart stopped when realizing Wade had yet to agree to such a meeting. Just as he was going to laugh it off the other rumbled,"Red hoodie. Brown pants. You'll know my ugly mug when you see it. Don't say I didn't warn you baby boy."

"At. . . central park? Near the duck pond?"

There was a snort on the other end and ," I can be there in 10." Peter stared at the phone surprised that Deadpool could have possibly been so close to him without his knowing.

"R-right. 10 okay I think I can make it in 10. 10 sure. Thats a good number.Numbers are good."

Wade was out right laughing at him now and he groaned embarrassed,"you know what I think I just had a sudden scheduling conflict-"

"Nah ah baby boy were doing this. No one invites me on a date at the park to feed the ducks and backs out last minute. Not even you spider boy."

And because he's an ass the last thing he does is choke out," It's Peter. Peter Parker." before hanging up without so much as a 'by your leave'.

He, Peter Parker, had just subconsciously asked a mercenary out on a date. And he didn't have his spider powers. And was currently being baby-sat by Black Widow.

He was so screwed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.5K 27
Wade Winston Wilson aka Deadpool is the merc with the mouth, the lewd, rude and sometimes nude anti-hero, who hates life, the universe and everything...
4.1K 177 34
โ in nature, a flock will attack any bird that is more colorful than the others because being different is seen as a threat... โž book one of the ๐˜ค๏ฟฝ...
200K 8.8K 16
#JustWriteIt Peter gets turned into a 6 year old by Loki Boy X Boy Stony Superfamily Spideypool And some other gay ships YAYYYYY
325K 7.1K 63
Highest rank #729 of all books Rank #10 in wadewilson Rank #29 Spideypool Rank #42 in Deadpool Rank #87 in gayromance Rank #377 in LGBT This boo...