Wielder of the Phoenix

By Ragnark517

Izuku Midoriya, the twin of Izumi Midoriya, son of Inko Midoriya and Hisashi Midoriya, the latter being bette... More

Chapter 1 - Beginnings
Chapter 2 - History was wrong
Chapter 3 - All Might
Chapter 4 - Awakening
Chapter 5 - Breaking Point
Chapter 6 - Gran Torino
Chapter 7 - New Powers
Chapter 8 - Reunion
Chapter 9 - Shifting (1/2)
Chapter 11 - Changes
Chapter 12 - 10 Months
Chapter 13
Author's note 1
Chapter 14 - True Hero
Chapter 15 - Taking the Flight Home
Chapter 16 - Meeting the Urarakas
Chapter 17 - Nighteye
Chapter 18 - Acceptance letters
Chapter 19 - An Encounter
Chapter 20 - Class 1-A
Chapter 21 - Physical Assessments
Chapter 22 - A chat with Nezu (edited)
Chapter 23 - The Cat learns the Truth
Chapter 24 - Battle Training Begins!
Chapter 25 - Uneven Odds
Chapter 26 - Technical Issues
Chapter 27 - The Calm
Chapter 28 - Unleash The Storm
Chapter 29 - Flames of the Phoenix
Chapter 30 - Aftermath
Chapter 31 - Conferences
Chapter 32 - History Lessons for Adults (And Ochako)
Kinda Important Announcements
Chapter 33 - Blaze gets his ass kicked
Chapter 34 - Her Parents Are Pissed Off
Chapter 35 - A Discussion and the Shadow's True Leader
Chapter 36 - Plans and Punishment
Chapter 37 - Training
Chapter 39 - Sports Festival

Chapter 10 - Shifting (2/2)

3.7K 68 23
By Ragnark517

"Hate to interrupt the moment, but we're here. Toshinori is inside." GT told the 2 as they followed him into the house.

Inko, Izuku, and GT walked into the massive house. They entered the house and were met by the house help.

"Hello, GT. Mr. Yagi is a bit busy right now." She told him. "Please take a seat, I'll just let him know that you're here."

"So this is Mr. Yagi's house." Izuku exclaims looking around. "Looks neat."

"I must say, even though Yagi is a pro now, his fanboy tendencies haven't stopped." Inko remarked, looking at the many photos of Toshinori with heroes.

"That tendency of his is what separates him from other heroes in my eyes. It keeps him grounded, in a way of speaking." GT told her.

Izuku and Inko sat on one of the sofas in the living room, waiting for Toshinori to come.

"So GT, I can understand the reason for the rift between mom and Mr. Yagi, but what happened between him and Hisashi?" Izuku asked him.

"That was because Hisashi was supposed to be the one to inherit OFA from Nana." GT told him. "Hisashi had been dating Inko since the first year of middle school and Nana could see his hero potential and decided to make him the 8th user of OFA, but this was before Nana met Toshinori."

Flashback. 

Somewhere in an alley. 

"You know Yagi, you should just give up. There is no way a quirkless person like you can be a hero." A black-haired boy told the blond. 

"You should just jump off a roof, you'd be doing not just the world a favor but also doing your parents a favor." A second boy told him. "We all know that they'd be happier without you." 

The 2 men laughed, as they pummelled the blond, before leaving him to bleed in the alleyway. 

Tears in his eyes, bleeding from multiple wounds, the boy got up, making his way out of the alley, heading somewhere. He walked through the crowded areas of the prefecture, ignoring the glances he got, not that many people batted an eye to his bruised and battered self. 

In his head, the words of his abusers ringing in his head. It was at this moment, he decided that he had enough. The weight was too much to bear and he wasn't sure how long he could bear it. 

The boy walked up the stairs of a building, walking to the edge of the terrace and sitting down at the edge. He removed his shoes, placing them beside him, and pulled out a book from the tattered remains of his bag. He ripped a page, and wrote a note apologizing. He placed the note near his shoes and climbed up on the ledge, steeling his nerves to finally jump. 

"It's not worth it kid." A female voice told the boy. 

The boy froze in his steps. 

"It's never worth it." The voice told him once more. "So why don't you step down and we can talk this out."

The boy turned to see a woman wearing a dark blue sleeveless suit, yellow elbow-length gloves, white knee-high boots, and a white cape. "Whatever's troubling you, it's not worth losing your life over." She told him, extending her hand towards the boy, asking him to come down.

Seeing the hero, the boy stepped down of the ledge, tears still flowing from his eyes.

"Good. Now, let's sit down and talk things out shall we?" The woman told him.

She hugged the boy, calming him down instantly. "Feeling better?" She asked him.

The boy nods.

"Would you like to tell me what pushed you to try, you don't have to if it's too uncomfortable." The lady told him.

"I don't think I can go on, it's just too difficult. Everyone around me keeps telling me that I'm useless, that I'm a failure, that I'm a waste of space. I guess it became too much for me today." The boy told her. He then went on to tell her about how his classmates would beat him up every day and how his parents cared just enough to give him 3 meals a day and nothing more. He opened up to her.

After hearing the boy's story, the woman was shocked, but she could see a spark in the boy's eyes when he mentioned his dream of being a hero one day.

"So you want to be a hero?" she asked him. "What sort of a hero would you want to be?"

"I want to be a hero that puts smiles on the people's faces, a smile that they can depend on. A smile that tells them that they are now safe and that all worry can be throw out the window." The boy replied, flames of determination blazing brightly in his eyes.

"What if I told you I could help you become a hero?" the woman asked him.

The boy looked at her in shock. It took him a moment to internalize the question, his mind coming to a complete halt. He was unable to form words.

He looked at the women and could only nod.

"Alright kid," the woman said getting up. "Meet me at this address tomorrow at 7 am. We'll figure out your workout schedule and get you ready for Hero School."

"Yes, Ma'am." The boy said with tears of happiness rolling down his face.

"I'll see you tomorrow then kid." She told him before pausing for a bit. "Actually, what's your name? I don't like calling you kid all the time."

"Toshinori, Toshinori Yagi, ma'am." He responded.

"Well then Yagi, ill see you tomorrow. And don't be late." The woman told him as she flew away.

"And that was how Nana met this blond buffoon." GT explained.

"And how did he get OFA, and where did Hisashi come into all of this?" Izuku asked.

"That began when I first met Hisashi." Toshinori told him walking up to the group. "I got OFA a year after I met master Nana. The first time I met him, I was training with her. From what I understood with our initial interactions, he didn't like me."

"He didn't like you because to him, you stole his spotlight when you were chosen by Nana for OFA instead of him." GT told him. "He was supposed to get the quirk a few months after Nana met you, but Nana saw a spark in you that struck her as a true hero and that is why she chose you."

"Whatever it was, we got over that pretty quickly once I beat him in a few spars. We became more like brothers in arms, but what I failed to realize was that he only acted like my friend, his plan was to have me pass on the quirk to his child." Toshinori explained. "He wanted it to be passed onto Izumi and had been pestering me for the past 2 years."

"Wait, you've been in contact with Hisashi for the past 2 years but never thought of coming me meet us?" Inko asked him, slightly shocked.

"That was because I didn't know how to face you, you know very well how things were when we last met and I wasn't sure if you were angry with me. and I didn't want to take the chance." Toshinori told her.

"We'll talk about this later, right now we have a bigger problem to deal with. Hisashi kicked Izuku out of the house after Izuku tried to defend me and used his powers on Hisashi." Inko told him.

"What do you mean, Izuku had to defend you!?" Toshinori asked in shock.

"I'd like to know that too. what happened in the 20 minutes between me leaving and me returning?" GT questioned.

"Well after Uncle left, Hisashi was pissed at how he knew of Izuku and asked me about it, so I lied that you were there after their birth and he wasn't satisfied with the answer and tightened the grip he had on my hand, he would have used his quirk had it not been for Izuku. He had come down just in time to help me." Inko explained.

"Inko, did Hisashi ever use his quirk on you before in a way to harm you or hurt you?" GT questioned, concern drawn all over his face.

Inko froze.

"Inko, did he or did he not?" Toshinori asked her.

"He did," Izuku answered for Inko. "I saw it once, it was a few years ago. Hisashi was throwing a tantrum because Izumi was not top of her class and I was and mom tried to defend me and was blasted by a small flame." GT and Toshinori looked in shock. "The burn wasn't that bad and he did help her after. He probably realized what would happen if that incident got out and helped mom. He didn't know I was there to see it. And after that, I don't remember him doing any of that since I would purposefully get questions wrong in exams to let Izumi, Katsuki, and the others get ahead of me."

Toshinori and GT were pissed, to say the least. They were about the speak but Izuku beat them to the punch. "There's no point in confronting him about it now." Izuku told him. "You have no proof other than my word which doesn't prove much in court, if you want to hold him responsible, we need to force him to have an outburst in public." Izuku told them, his wits surprising the 3 adults.

"We can deal with Hisashi after we decide where Izuku is staying, that is more important to me now." Inko told them.

"He can stay here, it's the least I can do to help Master's family." Toshinori told her.

"And how will you justify this in court, if it comes to that?" GT asked him.

"Simple, since Hisashi kicked him out, I can technically adopt him if Inko gives me permission." Toshinori explained.

GT followed that up with another question, "What about eyewitnesses to the statement?"

"For proof you have US." Izuku spoke with 5 different voices overlapping his own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
948K 35.9K 86
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1.1M 44.3K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

110K 2.6K 41
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...