Nothing But Hate

By howtosellmysoul

Tucker Conway is a self righteous lawyer, who has decided to dedicate his life to fight for justice, put crim... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3

Chapter Nineteen

35.3K 1.6K 680
By howtosellmysoul

Tucker looked over the menu, his mind already calculating how this dinner was going to end up leaving him broke. The two men ordered drinks, Callum suggested a fancy scotch from a year Tucker couldn't recall.

Once the drinks were on the table, and they gave their orders to the waitress, the two men looked at each other in silence. Considering Tucker's history, he had been on a lot of dates, and he was usually a smooth talker. Despite the fact that he had known Callum for a good few months now, it just felt awkward having dinner with him. Voluntarily, that too.

"How was work?" Tucker asked, unable to think of anything else.

"I thought you didn't like talking about work," Callum pointed out, an amused smile on his face, "Are you nervous?"

"Nervous?" Tucker scoffed, "No. Feeling a bit weird? Yeah."

"Why is that?" Callum asked.

"I just.. I just never thought I'd go out with you," Tucker answered honestly, "Out of my own free will."

"Don't tell me you're regretting it already," Callum joked, "We haven't even had the appetizers yet."

"Not yet," Tucker shrugged, "It might change later on, so beware."

"I'll be on my best behaviour for you, darling." Callum said, making Tucker laugh.

"Did you just call me darling?"

"Do you like it?" Callum smirked.

"Yeah," Tucker paused, "I would if we were fifty. On that note, how old are you?"

"Twenty nine." Callum answered, leaving Tucker a little shocked as he took a sip of the best scotch he'd ever had.

"Really? I thought you'd be my age. Or younger." Tucker said.

"I'm blessed with the Kaufman genes. Looking younger is one of our many qualities." Callum said.

"I thought we were just Cal and Tuck?" Tucker asked.

"Right," Callum nodded, "Tell me about you family."

"Well, you already know about Paige," Tuck said, making Callum nod again, "My dad's a retired firefighter. He's really into music, I think he has learned around six different instruments since he retired."

"Six? That's impressive. How long ago did he retire?" Callum asked.

"Around a decade now," Tucker continued upon seeing the confusion on Callum's face, "He had an accident on the job. Been on the wheelchair ever since."

"Oh, I'm—"

"Don't worry about it," Tucker shook his head dismissively, "My mom's a teacher. She's in the running to be the principal this year so fingers crossed for that."

"Are they in the city?" Callum asked and Tucker nodded, "So, you grew up here?"

"Born and raised," Tucker answered, "Shouldn't you know this from the time you stalked me?"

"I didn't stalk you," Callum clarified, "Like I told you before, I just got some basic information about you since you were suing my company."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Tucker smirked.

"You might help."

"That's so cheeky." Tucker laughed.

Once the food came, the two mostly ate in a comfortable silence. They talked a little about the type of food they liked to eat, and Tucker learned that Callum couldn't cook to save a life. And also, that the man has never had McDonald's in his entire life.

Having studied at an expensive private school, and then at Ivy League schools for both his undergrad and law degree, Tucker wasn't even surprised at half the things he learned about Callum that night. Once they were finished eating, Tucker called for the bill. He was about to reach forward to get it, despite the already burning sensation he was feeling in his pocket.

"Let me." Callum said, quickly getting hold of the bill before Tucker could.

"Come on," Tucker protested, "Let's go dutch."

"I'd much rather go french with you." Callum shrugged.

"Callum. I'm serious, you can't—"

"How about I get the bill this time and you can get it next?" Callum proposed, "This way I get to ensure a second date since you don't seem like the type of man that likes to owe anything to anyone."

"Fair enough. You've got yourself a deal." Tucker said.

After Callum paid, the two of them walked out of the high end restaurant. Callum's driver was already out waiting for him. Tucker was a bit confused since Callum had driven earlier to pick him up. Callum answered saying he knew they'd end up having alcohol so he didn't want to drink and drive.

"If we end up in any tabloids tomorrow morning I'm going to sue some bitches." Tucker said, once they were in the Mercedes.

"Don't worry, that restaurant charges for privacy and discretion more than they do for their food." Callum replied.

"Well," Tucker continued, "You won't find that at a McDonald's."

The two of them talked casually during the car ride. Tucker was telling about how life during law school, and he learned that Callum finished his MBA at twenty three. He was fully expecting Callum to have been a fratboy, which according to Callum, he wasn't.

Once they reached Tucker's neighbourhood, the lawyer turned to look at the man next to him.

"Never thought I'd say this but I had a nice time tonight." Tucker said.

"So did I." Callum smiled. Tucker simply nodded, and turned to open the car door when Callum reached out to hold his arm, "Aren't you going to invite me up?"

"What? So you think just because you buy me dinner, I'll put out?" Tucker smirked, obviously joking around.

"It was an expensive dinner," Callum shrugged, "Not to forget the torture I suffered just watching you look so goddamn hot in front of me and not being able to touch you."

"You're going to have to do more than this to get me in your bed, Kaufman." Tucker replied.

"I'm planning on doing more than you can ever imagine possible." Callum promised.

"Let's see if you're a man of your word or not, then." Tucker challenged.

"I'll show you exactly what type of man I am." Callum replied.

Tucker looked at the blonde in silence for a moment, contemplating his next moves. The low lighting inside the car, the alcohol in his system as well as the way Callum was looking at him. All of it made it impossible for him to not shoot forward and press his lips against Callum's.

Callum responded quick, like he was already expecting it to happen. Tucker gripped the back of Callum's head, his fingers getting lost in his hair as he pressed himself closer to the other man. Callum was kissing him back with equal vigor, his hand cupping Tucker's erection from his pants.

"Should we take this upstairs?" Callum whispered, and Tucker let out a laugh, shaking his head slightly as he did so.

"Think of me tonight." Tucker said as he shifted back, opening the car door and sliding outside. The two shared a similar expression as the car drove by, knowing very well that they'd be having the same thoughts tonight.

Tucker showered, changed, had a glass of whiskey and decided to call it a night. He was in bed, going through the messages on his phone when it started ringing. Tucker watched in shock at the name on the screen.

"Divij," Tucker paused, "I didn't think I'd hear back from you."

"Hey," Divij let out a small, awkward laugh, "Yeah, I wasn't planning to calling you either."

"What changed then?" Tucker asked.

"I heard your voicemails," Divij began, "I was in half a mind to delete them but I'm glad I decided to listen to what you had to say. It cleared up a lot of things."

"I'm so sorry things happened the way they did." Tucker said sincerely.

"So am I," Divij replied, "But.. if what you said was true—"

"It was!"

"—then I can't just ignore the fact that the man chased after you like a wild dog. And he's your sister's boss so that's got to be a fucked up power dynamic."

"What are you trying to say?" Tucker furrowed his brows.

"I'm willing to give us another chance if.. if you swear you're never going to see that man again." Divij said.

"Are you serious?" Tucker was shocked.

"Yeah.. I mean, if you were planning on cheating on me then you wouldn't have invited me to your sister's wedding and introduced me to your entire family, right? It's clear this Kaufman guy is a stalker. Didn't you say you were in half a mind to get a restraining order against him at one point?"

"Divij.."

"So, if you can promise me that you won't see him ever again, then I think I can try and look past all that happened," Divij paused for a moment, "I really like you, Tucker, I want us to work out."

***

I swear I promised to myself I'd end the drama but oh well

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 13.1K 83
Emmet and Clay did not meet on the best of terms, but that doesn't stop them from becoming fast friends. As their bond grows stronger, they will do w...
5.8M 224K 27
Aleister Blackwell, multi-millionaire, recently divorced, and owner of one of the biggest law firms, is having a good time. Everything is great in h...
106K 5.1K 39
[Status: Complete] A Powerful Mob Boss one day saw a guy, nothing about him stood extraordinary, yet he could not pull his gaze away from him, becaus...
597K 23.2K 31
BoyxBoy|ManxMan It was the first day of the rest of Adam Almeida's life. The day Adam began his General Surgery Internship program at Tremblay Hospit...