Sunshine

By TayTay_Black

Sunshine was special because she was the daughter of the great Miracle Guy. (I suck at descriptions but I p... More

Cast/Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6

7

841 18 3
By TayTay_Black

"You knew. How'd you figure it out?" She asked as her tentacles were revealed.

"You accidentally gave it away in one of your own drawings. Your art never lies." Missy said.

"You work for Granada, don't you? Or does Granada work for you?" I asked her. I don't know how alien planets work.

"They all work for me." She smirked as Facemaker ran in in Wild's clothes.

"What the... Ojo's an alien!" He said pointing out the obvious.

"We know!" All of us said unison.

"And now you can be impressed... and defeated... as soon as I figure out which button removes the shield." He said from the control room and it sounded like he was pushing buttons.

"Knowing the aliens, it's probably a big button with a picture of a shield on it." I called out and the shield went down.

"Thank you Sunshine." He said.

"Oh! I hate to spoil your celebration... but there's two minutes left. Game's not over yet." She said and drew some things on her tablet.

She swiped upwards and a few drawn monsters appeared. Huh.So she does have a superpower.

"Uh-oh!" Guppy gulped.

"We'll hold it off. You find a way to stop the launch." Missy commanded.

"Um, It's not an it. It's a them!" I said fearful.

"Then you better hurry! Come on, everyone."Missy motivated. I took a deep breath and raised my fists that were wrapped with light.

"Time to show these guys what we're made of." I said and tightened my light wrapped fists.

"Wild Card, you have to keep those shields down." I called as I threw some light at one of the creatures.

"Don't worry, Shine I'm on it." He said making me smile at the name. I think his hand was still on the button because I could hear what they were saying.

"Oh yeah? What are you gonna do, hmm? Turn into a bowling ball?" Granada (?) asked.

"Sure... if that's what I want. I can control my powers now. Working with Shine helped me realize I was so busy trying to prove everyone else wrong when I should have been concentrating on proving myself right. She believed in me. Now I believe in myself." He said making me blush as I kicked the monster.

"Oh, right. And you think that's enough. Believing in yourself. You tell me. Let's do this. Hmm. Let's take him." She said as he took his hand off of the button.

"Everyone spread out! Slo-Mo, attack! Guppy, waterslide!" I said as I demolished one of the monsters by pushing it into the pit.

"Hey, only speed up Slo-Mo."Rewind asked Fastforward.

"How?" Fastforward asked.

"I'll help you. Together." Rewind said and Slow-Mo started going really fast and punching the monster.

"Oh! Did you see that? Did anyone see that? It was too fast... for even me to see." His dad asked from the prison.

"I'm running out of water!" Guppy said.

"Guppy, make ninja stars. Noodles, slingshot!" Missy ordered and Gups got to working.

"Somebody pull Noodles!" Missy called out as I joined Wheels to hack the pyramid.

"I'm out. I need water." Guppy said and I turned to her.

"Hey, Guppy. This whole thing is covered in liquid metal. Liquid!" I called out to her and she started to make a big blob out of it.

"Noodles, make a tightrope. Somebody go on to the center and draw them in. No, wait! I have to do this. I can do this." She said and I ran to her.

"I'm going with you." I said. Missy and Sunshine nodded to eachother as they drew the monsters into the middle of the abyss. Missy nodded to Noodles once the monsters were on his arm as well.

He let go of the other side and the monsters along with the girls, fell into the abyss. They were free falling for a second before Noodles grasped onto Missy's waist and Sunshine used her powers to stop falling.

Noodles pulled Missy up and Sunshine flew up onto the edge.

"She's leading by example." Missy's dad said in the prison.

"Hey! Did you see that? Did you see what my son just did?" Slow-Mo's dad asked in awe.

"Unfortunately, I was too busy looking at my own cool kids." Miracle Guy said as he watched Sunshine talk briskly with Missy and Noodles.

"How's it going, Wheels?" Sunshine called.

"Great. All we have to do is swap out the ignition chamber's motherboard with one that'll tell the device it launched even when it didn't. That way we fooled it..." He said as he tinkered with the control panel board.

"Tell us how long." Noodles said impatiently.

"Oh, now long. Now put it into the ignition chamber up there." Wheels said and Noodles tried to get it before Ojo grabbed it with a tentacle. She flung it to the side and it fell down into the abyss.

"Oh no. Noodles!"Missy called out.

"I can't reach!" He said and he was only like a foot short.

"It's too high to jump. Nobody would ever survive that fall."

"I... can."Slow-Mo said slowly.

"Slo-Mo? Slo-Mo!" I said as he jumped down.

"Rewind, stop him. Reverse it!" Missy said.

"Wait! I think he knows what he's doing." I said putting my hands on Rewinds before he could do it.

"We're running out of seconds." Missy reminded us. He got the board and showed us.

"He did it. Did you see that? He did it." His dad asked.

"Uh, guys, how are we gonna get him back up here?"Wheels asked.

"Wild Card? We need you. Right now!" I called out.

"On my way. Stay cool." He said through the speakers.

"Dude! You actually teleported!"Face congratulated before giving him a highfive.

"Get down there, quick!" Missy commanded. He popped down and grabbed Slow and the board. to fly up. We all cheered but it was short lived as the timer kept counting down.

"Now swap the motherboards up there!" I told him and Noodles swapped it but the counter hit zero.

We were too late. I grabbed Wilds hand as the ground started to shake. The pyramid opened to show a bright light but that was it.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"The takeover is happening." Ojo said, pleased. Our parents walked down from inside in a line. I'm very confused right now.

"Wait. So our parents were in the pyramid all along?" I clarified.

"But I don't understand. What's the takeover?"Missy asked while Granada and the president walked down the walkway.

"The takeover of power... from your parents. You see, the next generation is always an improvement from the last." Miss Granada said while smiling.

"Things are not heading in the right direction on your planet. And you children are inheriting Earth's problems, and need to be able to fix them, sooner rather than later." Ojo explained.

"It's in the best interest of the entire galaxy that life on Earth survives and thrives. So, we infiltrated both your government and Heroics headquarters so we could train you and accelerate the transfer of power." The president said.

"As you've seen from today's events, it's not enough to be strong, powerful, or even magic. If you do not use your strengths together and with good judgment... you are doomed." Ojo said with a smile.

"But I don't understand.The clock hit zero. We were one second too late." Wheels chimed in.

"The supreme commander knew down to the second exactly when the takeover would happen."

"Your guess was close, Wheels, but not quite right. Everything on the ship wasn't designed for children." Ojo said hoping that we would make the connection.

"Oh, it was designed by children." Wheels realized.

"That's correct. On our planet, the children are in charge." Ojo explained.

"So, you're their leader?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yes. Just as I knew you would be a natural leader. It's why I drew you at the front of the class. So, from one leader to another, as we each head off to face the challenges of the universe, can we count on you to not just help save your planet... but the entire galaxy?" Ojo said.

"You have our word. When you need us... we'll be there." I confirmed.

"Thank you." She said and nodded to our parent's. I let go of Wildcards hand to run to my dad and give him a huge hug. He kneeled down as he hugged me and Wheels rolled up to us making me let go off dad.

"I love you both. Oh! How do you feel, son?" He asked Wheels as gave him a hug.

"Strong... you know, like, really strong." Wheel replied and I shook his shoulder happily.

"You're stronger than I'll ever be. How about you Sun?"

"I'm great but there's one more thing I have to do." I said and he nodded for me to go off.

I walked over to Wild and his dad but his dad gave him a wink and walked off. I tackled him into a hug and he chuckled and hugged me back.

"You know, it was pretty cool how you bend light." He whispered as he set me down gently.

"I'm proud of you for mastering your powers." I whispered at him.

"You helped. In fact I couldn't do it without you." He said and I chuckled and pulled away.

"Oh please. You just needed a helping hand." I shrugged. We were standing pretty close together I could feel his pulse going up.

He slowly leaned in and I did the same.

Out lips meet in the middle and my heart burst right out of my heart. After a few seconds I pulled away and laughed a small bit.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." He whispered.

"Really? I've wanted to do that for a year," I laughed and Missy called out to us.

"Come on lovebirds!" She called making us break away and walk to her.

This was the day our heroes fell, but others did rise.

As for the aliens, they'll be back, and when they call on us for help, we will be prepared.

We will be ready

"So what are we supposed to be looking at?" Sunshine asked with her hand holding wildcards.

"The future."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 128 13
Grace woke up one morning and everything was perfect. Until it wasn't. All the Heroics have been called to deal with the alien situation so Grace i...
60.7K 975 15
What will happen when aliens take their parents? Will they all come together and save them, or will they split up? Find out about missy and her siste...
14.5K 199 9
[COMPLETED]I'm putting Max in this story if you don't know who max is than max is the one who basically created shark boy and lava girl in his dreams...
93.4K 1.9K 22
❝No doubt about it, it's a good day to save the world.❞ - There were a few who were born with exceptional powers. And when one possesses it...