「The Butterfly that always Sm...

By AstraeaSoul

(Y/n) Kocho is the remaining survivor of the Kocho clan massacre, also known as the Butterfly Clan. They're k... More

Meet (Y/n) Kocho
「1」 Meeting Naruto in the Hidden Leaf Village
「2」 The Academy
「3」Sasuke and Sakura: Friends or Foes?
「4」 Pass or Fail: Survival Test
「5」 Dangerous mission to the land of waves
「6」 The Assassin of the Mist
「7」 The Forest of Chakra
Little Spoilers!
「9」Battle on the Bridge (Part 2)
「10」Meeting the Sand Siblings
「11」Genin Takedown: All Ten Rookies Face off!
「12」The Written Test
「13」The Forest of Death
「14」 Battle with Orochimaru
💫Night Breathing Techniques💫
「15」 Curse Mark
「16」My Own Technique
✿ 100k Reads Special! ✿
「17」 Preliminary Rounds
「18」 Kakashi vs Orochimaru: Lions Barrage
「19」The Rivals get Serious!
🎉 Its my Birthday! 🎉
「 Hashira Meeting」
「20」A Shaky Shikamaru with a wave of Water

「8」 Battle on the Bridge (Part 1)

9.9K 347 293
By AstraeaSoul

✿.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.✿

「 Battle on the Bridge」

✿8✿

✿.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.✿

You were on the ground, currently sleeping since you were outside last night, you liked sleeping outside even when you don't realize that you are outside. It seems more peaceful in your opinion.

While you were sleeping, a tall figure sees your small body on the ground. He walks over to you to check up on you, but, his eyes widen from your headband, and butterfly hairpin. He thought back when you were fighting Zabuza with demonic skills, he reaches his hand to wear your neck is, but hesitantly stopped.

"You'll catch cold if you sleep here. Wake up." His gentle voice said as he shook you a little. You soon wake up a see a person with long black hair, browns eyes, and a pink kimono.

"Thank goodness you woke up. I tried waking you up myself, but you didn't. " Shisui said while standing next to you.

You slowly get up, "oh, hello. I guess I forgot that I was out here last night that I fell asleep. That's like a habit of mine." You sheepishly said.

"A habit?" He asked, "Hai. Whenever I want some peace and quiet time alone or if I cannot sleep, I go outside." You smiled. "So what are you doing here, sir?" Sure this person looks like a female but when you woke up, he had a distinct smell like a male.

"Pfft, I remember when Kanae did that whenever I hanged out with her." Shisui chuckled, while remembering a certain memory.

You mentally laughed from what Shisui said, you got that little habit from your eldest sister.

"Oh? You can tell that I'm a boy? Well, I'm gathering herbs." He said. "Herbs? Your making some sort of medicine?" You questioned. "Yes. Thats right."

"Well, how about I help you." You offered as you got up. You and the boy start to pick up some herbs and putting them in the basket. "So, are you a ninja? Because I noticed that headband that you're wearing." The boy asked.

"Well, yeah. But I'm not only a ninja, I'm a swordsman too. I'm better at my swordsman skills than my ninja skills." You say. "Swordsman, huh? But, does that mean you train for something dangerous like a ninja does, too?" The boy asked, looking down.

"Oh don't worry. This isn't the first mission that I've been on. I've been on more dangerous missions than this one. This mission is even easier than my previous ones. I've been on my first mission when I was about 6." You said.

"Say what?! 6?! You went out and dealed with dangerous missions that young?!" Shisui said with shock and disbelief.

"6? That's very young for a child to do for something dangerous. You seem very strong right now. Isn't that enough training for you? Is it important?" The boy asked.

"Well, if I'm being honest, I can become a Kage if I wanted too. But, that's not really my dream, that's my friends dream and I can't take it from him. My dream is become not only a great ninja, but to become a Hashira master." You say, clenching your fists.

"True." Shisui nodded his head.

The boy blinked a few times, "So, you're a Hashira?" He questioned. "Yep! I never got to really introduce myself. My name is (Y/n) Kocho, and I'm the Demon Pillar." You greeted.

The boys eyes widen a bit from your name, 'She's really a Kocho? I gotta be careful since she has sensitive skills. But, she seems so pure...', "I'm Haku. But there is something I want to ask. Is this training for someone precious to you?" Haku questioned.

You blinked a couple times, before giving him a closed-eye smile. "Yep. But, my precious someone's are already dead."

Shisui looked down with a sad expression, remembering about your sisters death and massacre.

"... Oh. I'm sorry you had to bring that up." Haku looks down. "Aww it's okay. A few of my friends brought it up before but it doesn't really affect me. Past is the past. What matters is the present and future now. Don't let your past drag you down." You said.

Haku smiles at your words, "I'll remember that.". You stared at the boy in front of you, the Aura you felt from him feels familiarly pure, and his appearance looks familiar too. You took a few sniffs from him, before flinching a bit and looking at him with wide eyes, making him confused.

"What a minute... It's you." You muttered, "Hm?", your eyebrows furrow down a little, " You're that tracker ninja who saved Zabuza." You confirmed.

"Huh? This is the tracker ninja your team talked about?" Shisui questioned as he got in a stance just in case.

Haku's eyes widen as he trembles a little, "There's no point of denying it, Haku. I can smell it and sense it from you, when you appeared to save Zabuza a couple days ago, I got a pure smell from you. You have the same scent right now, you're gathering herbs to treats Zabuza's wounds." You clarified, giving him a suspicious look.

Haku's face darkens, before he lifts up his head. "Yes, it's true." He admitted. You stared at him a little longer before smiling, "Okay. So, how's he feeling?" You asked softly. Haku looks at you with surprise, "You're not mad?" He asked. "Of course not. I don't like being mad even when I should be." You said.

"Haku, I can tell that you don't wanna fight us. Your soul is pure as the snow. You don't really wanna live as a ninja, but I can sense that you have a lot of love that you have for Zabuza." You said. "Well, yeah. It's really painful to me that I live as a ninja. But, since Zabuza needs me, I'll live as a ninja till I die and become useful for him." Haku explained.

You frowned from his words, "Haku, you shouldn't be a ninja like you're some sort of tool. You must become a ninja to protect the ones you love. Haku, I don't really wanna kill you or Zabuza. Sure you both killed some people before and that is unforgivable to me and I would immediately kill them. But, I can tell there's something in you two that makes me wanna save you both."

"Please try to convince Zabuza about this. Gato is a terrible man, he's just using you both for his intentions. I doubt he's gonna pay you both. You both need to run free, you should live with us in the Leaf village!" You said loudly.

Haku was shocked from your words, then smiles. "I'll try to talk to him. I know you can overpower us easily." He said, you smiled. "I won't tell anyone that I ran into you. I hope he gets better, so Naruto can get a better shot at Zabuza." You chuckled at that last part.

Haku stood up and gave you a quick hug, "Your soul is pure as a flower. That's why you're a Kocho in the first place. I like people that are like you." He pulled away and got up, "Goodbye. We'll see each other very soon."

"You sure you want to make those two live? From what at least know, you don't hesitate to kill those who murdered others." Shisui questioned, looking down at you.

"Well, Haku is way too pure to hurt someone for his intention. He does it if he has too. But I can kinda sense that Zabuza means so much to him, and if he makes him happy of some sort, then I'll make sure he lives for Haku's sake." You muttered so Shisui can hear.

Haku walks away from you before crossing with Sasuke, they pass each other before Sasuke took one small glance at Haku. He turned his attention back to you, "This was where you were?"

You sheepishly chuckled, "Yeah. I ended up sleeping here since I couldn't exactly sleep last night." You said while scratching the back of your head.

"Well, you gotta start eating breakfast. Everyone is worried. Let's go." He said as he reached his hand to you, to which you accepted and he pulled you up from the ground as you both started to walk where your team is.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Time skip ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

You couldn't stop thinking about the encounter you had with Haku, he seemed really pure but you don't understand why Haku would stick with someone like Zabuza.

You were at the table with everyone but Naruto and Sasuke weren't there. You felt like that they are probably competing by climbing trees again.

Eventually, they came back, Naruto said that they both reached the top of the tree, to which you smile at.

"Good. Starting tomorrow, you'll both be bodyguards for Tazuna." Kakashi said, making Naruto and Sasuke smirk.

.✮:▹ The Next Day ◃:✮.❃

3rd Person Pov:

(Y/n) and Team 7 got up and ready to escort Tazuna to the bridge so it can be finished up, well, except for Naruto since he's still sleeping.

"Ok, I leave Naruto in your hands. He's pushed his body to the limit, overdoing it as usual, so he may not be able to move today at all." Kakashi said to Tsunami.

"What about you? You're still recovering your self." Tsunami said with worry.

"Why? Do I look wobbly? I'll be ok. " Kakashi reassured, as they all started to take their leave.

-------
"Hold on. What the heck is this?" Tazuna said, looking shocked as he looks at his friends and workers on the ground.

"What happened? Someone was here. Someone got to them." Tazuna said.

She eyed every thing suspiciously since she knew the reason why. Then suddenly, mist was starting to form all around the bridge. "Sasuke, Sakura, (Y/n), get ready." Kakashi ordered as the three of them got into a battle stance as Sasuke and Sakura brought kunais out while (Y/n) gripped on her sword.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Kakashi. I see you've still got those brats with you. That one is still trembling. Pitiful." They heard Zabuza's voice as there was clones around them.

Sasuke smirked, "I'm trembling, with excitement." He said. You smirked as well, "Go on, Sasuke." Kakashi gave him a closed eye smile.

Sasuke immediately dashes and slashes the clones that Zabuza created in an instant.

"Awesome Sasuke!" Shisui praised.

"Ooh, so you can see that they were water clones, huh? The brats improving. Looks like you got a couple rivals, Haku." The real Zabuza walks in front of them, far away.

"Be on guard, (Y/n). I'll be with you just in case you need me." Shisui said sternly, making her nod.

Zabuza looks over to (Y/n), "Butterfly brat, Haku has told me what you told him and that you're trying to get us to switch over to your side. Don't bother to make me laugh. But I'll keep what you said in mind. I'll believe when I see it."

Everyone looks at (Y/n) with shock and suspicion, "(Y/n), what's he talking about?" Kakashi slightly glared at her. She wasn't fazed by his small glare, as she was glaring at Zabuza, "I'll explain it to you after this battle."

Haku spins while also charging at (Y/n) and Sasuke. Sasuke quickly blocked Haku's season needle with his kunai, he stood in front of her in case she's was gonna have to support him.

"We want the bridge builder, not you. If you back down, I won't have to kill you both." Haku said, "Gomen, Haku. But we cannot hand over Tazuna. And I never back down from a fight." (Y/n) says with a fierce smile on her face while softly glaring at Haku.

"You both are making a mistake. You both won't be able to keep up with my speed. I've gain two key advantages." Haku says, "Yeah? What are they?" Sasuke questioned.

"I'm gonna guess that one of them is about us standing on water, huh? It looks kinda obvious for that." (Y/n) said.

"(Y/n)'s right for that. And, I blocked one of your hands, therefore you boy have only one free hand to defend yourself with." Haku then starts to do hand signs with one hand, making (Y/n), Sasuke, and Kakashi shocked.

"Secret just, 1,000 needles of death." Haku stomps on the water as it floats and forms into needles.

(Y/n) and Sasuke concentrated their chakra to their bodies, as they quickly dodged the water needles in a blink of an eye.

(Y/n) and Sasuke reappear behind Haku and kicked him at the same time. "Woooo! Nice kick!" Shisui praised.

Zabuza was shocked and surprised by the both of thems speed. 'Impossible! No ones faster than Haku.'

"You made a big mistake insulting these ninja and calling them brats. That's just guaranteed to bring out Sasuke's attitude. And he's the best young fighter of the hidden leaf village. And Sakura here is our sharpest mind. And (Y/n) being our most talented Kunoichi and swordsman in the leaf village. And last but not least, our number hyperactive knucklehead ninja is Naruto Uzumaki." Kakashi explains.

(Y/n) looks at him with slight surprise, you weren't expecting Kakashi to say that about you, to which you blush a bit. "Wow, Kakashi described you four perfectly!" Shisui laughed.

"Hmph. Haku, if we keep going like this, we'll be the victims instead of them. Get on with it." Zabuza ordered.

"Right." Haku gets back up as (Y/n) can see and feel his chakra radiating off of him. She and Sasuke feels the air getting more colder.

"I'm sorry it's come to this." Haku apologized. Haku then did a hand sign as some ice starts to form around them.

"Secret jutsu, Crystal Ice Mirrors!"

Haku jumps into the ice as it shows himself as the other ice mirrors start to show more of Haku's reflection.

"Now, let's begin. And I'll show you what speed really means." Haku said as he starts throwing needles, scratching both (Y/n) and Sasuke's clothing. (Y/n) looks around to see each of Haku's reflection on the ice mirrors are throwing senbons at the same time.

The senbons kept going rapidly at them. They can barely keep track of where it even is coming from.

(Y/n) and Sasuke were starting to get more bloody scratches from the needles. Sakura panics a bit and throws a kunai at Haku, but he caught it quickly. Sasuke was a bit bloodied and was on the ground. While (Y/n) was bloodied, covered on scratches but she's on one of her legs.

"Stay strong, (Y/n)!" Shisui gave her a worried look.

Suddenly, a shuriken comes in and hits Haku, making him fall out of his ice mirror. The shuriken poofed, revealing Naruto.

"Naruto Uzumaki is here. Believe it!"

Everyone deadpanned at his arrival, both Sasuke and Kakashi called him an idiot for not sneaking up an attack on Haku but instead, he tried to make a foolish dramatic entrance, Kakashi started to scold him about taking the opportunity to make a sneak attack and what ninjas do.

As Haku and Naruto were having a little stare off, this gave (Y/n) the chance to quickly heal her and Sasuke's small scratches. She used the mystical palm technique, to which Sasuke was surprised with, as his wounds were slowly disappearing.

(Y/n) sees that Naruto and Haku were chatting for a bit, before Sasuke brings a kunai and was about to throw it at Haku. "Sasuke don't! " She whispered-yelled at him but, he already threw it as Haku slickly moves his head a bit, and it was really quick reflexes.

Sasuke was shocked by that quick reflex. "I didn't forget about you two as well. (Y/n), I wanna try avoiding hurting you, so please, leave and let me deal with these two boys." Haku pleaded.

(Y/n) kept her eyes on Haku, "No way. I'm staying with my friends because we are a team, and I'm gonna stay by their side till the end. I'm not leaving them alone like they've always been." She said with pride, making Naruto and Sasuke blush from her words.

Haku walks back into the ice mirror, Sasuke quickly looks around to see if any of his mirror reflections started to appear, but apparently they didn't. Sasuke took his kunai and was about to throw it where Haku was. "I'm behind you." They both heard Haku's voice.

They turn around to see Haku in the mirror right behind them, 'He transported himself in an instant. How?' (Y/n) looks over to see that Sasuke was shaking.

Haku's reflections start to appear as they all threw senbons at the two ninjas in the dome. (Y/n) quickly took out her sword and tried deflecting the senbons so it doesn't hurt her teammate again. She was going as fast as she could.

(Y/n) can swing her sword to deflect the needles for a long period time, but if it's too long, she'll lose tons of her stamina, and she definitely needs it for her breathing techniques.

"Naruto, Sasuke, (Y/n). You guys need to attack from the inside and outside at the same time! Then you guys can figure out how to take this guy!" Kakashi shouted.

"He's right! You three are in the perfect positions, so you three might have a chance to take this Haku boy down!" Shisui encouraged.

"Hey! I snuck in here to save you two!" Naruto whispered-shouted. Team 7 looks at him with a deadpan, thinking how dumb he's currently thinking.

"Naruto, what are you doing? You had a chance to attack from the outside while we were already in here!" (Y/n) says to him sternly.

Sasuke gets up and does some hand signs. "Hey, what attacks are you using?" Naruto questioned. "These mirrors are made of ice. So how do you destroy ice? Figure it out. Fire Style: Fire ball jutsu!" Sasuke blows fire out on a couple of the mirrors.

As soon as the jutsu was done, the three see that Sasuke's fire didn't do a single thing. "That attack didn't do anything at all!" Naruto shouted.

"You'll much more heat to melt this ice." Haku said, preparing more needles. (Y/n) clenched her jaw as she does a hand sign. "Shadow clone jutsu!" A few if her clones surrounded Naruto and Sasuke as they took out their sword and deflected the senbons at light speed.

2nd Pov:

You glared at the ice mirrors, trying to think of a good way to destroy them, you could do sound breathing, or possibly your blood demon art.

You sighed, "I apologize if I end up hurting you both, including you too, Haku."  You made your nails a bit longer and sharper as you started to cut your arms by making some long cuts on them.

Naruto and Sasuke and Haku were really confused and curious on what you were about to do.

You concentrated your energy and power as your eyes turned into a blood demon red color.

The three boy jumped a bit by your eye change, were you a demon? They had lots of questions for you.

You spinned around super fastly as your blood splattered on the ice mirrors. You stood in front of your teammates and got ready.

"Blood Demon Art: Bloody Roses and Thorns."

(A/n: I hope you guys liked my own creative blood demon art...)

Roses start to form because of the blood splattered on the mirrors, as vines start to grow around it. Your blood eyes glowed up as energy was engulfed in your hand, as you clenched it. "Duck guys!" You warned.

Sasuke and Naruto quickly ducked, but they slightly looked up so they can see.

Your blood roses start to ignite on fire with red flames since red fire isn't as strong as orange ones, you made it stronger thanks to the power of your blood.

The red fire spreaded and exploded all around the mirrors, melting at least half of it depending on how much blood you got on it.

Sasuke and Naruto were amazed by your bloody art, they didn't know you could do that with your blood.

However, Haku was shocked to the core. You melted his ice mirrors, he doesn't want to do this, but your gonna have to be his main target. He can't let you succeed on breaking his kekkai genkai.

You look down to see Naruto and Sasuke still with you. You looked back at Haku's mirrors, you're gonna have to settle it with Haku.

"Naruto, Sasuke." They look at you. "I'm sorry about this." You quickly grabbed the back of their clothing and ran with light speed so you can drag them back to the team so they can protect Tazuna and Sakura.

You returned to Haku's dome in a blink of an eye.

You eye at the real Haku.

"Sa. Let's settle this, Ha-kun~"

─━━━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━━━─

─━━━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━━━─

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ End ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

「 Taisho-Era Secrets」

✿ Haku blushed madly when (Y/n) called him, "Ha-Kun"

✿ Shisui finds (Y/n) blood demon art beautiful.

✿ (Y/n)'s blood demon art was inspired by Nezuko's blood demon art.

Hello my awesome readers! Thanks for being patient with my story, I haven't been posting as fast as I usually do but it was because I was going through writers block for my other book that I wasn't really in the mood to write this book for a while, and school is like... Stepping on my back. But I'm back for now and the next chapter possibly might come out on maybe thursday or Friday, but I wanna get as much as I can tomorrow since I have half classes on Wednesdays.

Hope you guys liked this, stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 2.8K 48
DISCLAIMER!!!- This will follow the events of the anime. I don't have the Manga nor have I ever read the Manga. So no spoilers for it. (Y/n) (L/n) wa...
63.6K 1.1K 38
Y/n Kocho. The older sister of Kanao and Shinobu Kocho and the twin sister of Kanae Kocho. Y/n and Kanae were identical. They looked the same, acted...
1.7K 20 12
A demon slayer (Shinobu Kocho × Male Reader) fanfic. One day, you woke up in a different world. How will your journey look like? Disclaimer: - Cover...
66K 1.6K 46
Shirazaki Y/N, childhood best friend of Uchiha Sasuke, has a complex and conflicted journey ahead. United by a strong bond since their early years, t...