Crimson Queen

By RosieRevenge

Even during this Vampire Knight, the Pureblood prince is about to meet his queen...(a Kaname x OC story)A/N... More

OC and Description!
Mysterious Beauty
Floating
Sweet Treats

Night of the Vampires

5.5K 189 8
By RosieRevenge

The room was silent as the two prefects, Zero and Yuuki, processed what they were just told. The new girl, Reina Verneculus, was a vampire!

Reina had a calm smile on her pale doll-like face, and the headmaster just gave his bright carefree expression like always.

Yuuki was the first to speak,"I'm glad that you decided to join the cause, Reina! I hope we can be good friends!"

Reina nodded in agreement. Zero still held a weary look towards the vampire, but who could blame him? He was a vampire hunter after all.

"Well Reina, all of your belongings have been placed and unpacked in your new dorm room, you will have it all to yourself! I also heard that you are quite the trend setter so I will allow you to wear whatever clothes you wish as long as 1. They are appropriate and 2. You must wear the actual full uniform once a week." the headmaster explained in an animated tone.

"Alright, and what about..." Reina trailed off while looking Kaien in the eye.

"Oh don't worry! You will be able to carry that around as well!" he waved her off with a smile. "You should go introduce yourself to the class! And my little prefects should be out patrolling!"

Reina nodded in understanding, "Alright, thank you headmaster, I hope to see you again soon!" and with that the mysterious beauty known as Reina Verneculus disappeared into the darkness.

Doing as told the two 'Guardians',as the headmaster referred to them as, went their separate routes to patrol and make sure no Day-Class students snuck out past curfew.

Meanwhile, Reina finally made it to the night class's room. She knocked before simply sliding the door open and entering, hoping she didn't interrupt a lesson. Luckily it looked like it was a break.

"Ah, you must be the new student," the teacher said in a monotone voice.

Reina nodded in response before turning to look at the group. Each of them had weary or blank expressions as they looked at her. Except for one, Kaname Kuran, the Pureblood Prince of the Vampires and Reina's childhood friend. They had been close until the years of Haruka and Juri's deaths. After that they had cut all ties, so that was the most likely reason for why Kaname didn't remember her. He had a look of slight confusion mixed with a friendly aura.

Reina curtsied politely and smiled to the class, "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, my name is Reina. Reina Verneculus." at the mention of her name all movement in the room stopped. The nobility of the vampires, which made up most of the class, stared in shock at the news. Verneculus was the house name of a very prestigious and ancient Pureblood line, it is said that they were related to 'The Hooded Woman' and that is why their kin could wield hunters' weapons.

Kaname's eyes widen slightly in recognition and shock, Reina, his childhood best friend and admittedly first and only love was back.

"Is something wrong?" Reina asked the silent room of vampires. Her eyes flashed brighter slightly as she looked around the room, many of the nobility in the class had special abilities, and thanks to her power of mimicry Reina now has them too. Her eyes flash in order to let her know that she has gained a new power.

"No my lady," they each chorused monotonously.

Reina sweatdropped before sighing, "Let's get this straight everyone, I wish for you to treat me normally, I want you to drop the formalities because frankly friends don't talk like that right?" they nodded hesitantly, "Good, now where do I sit?"

Since no one told her a specific place, Reina gracefully climbed the stairs while her skirt dragged behind her, she soundlessly sat in the empty chair near Kaname.

"It is good to see you again, Reina..." Kaname smiled slightly at his love.

"I feel the same," Reina smirked slightly and with a melodic laugh like twinkling bells she asked, "May I know each of your names?"

"Ichijo Takuma, Lovely to meet you Reina!" A tall blonde with emerald eyes smiled brightly at her.

"Ruka Souen," a girl with long waved hair the color of a very pale brown and hazel eyes, stiffly spoke. She had a hard expression and didn't smile.

"Akatsuki Kain," a tall male with spiky orange hair and brown eyes spoke with a cool tone.

"Hanabusa Aidou," the blonde from earlier with the ice blue eyes said with a wink.

"Rima Tashiro," a girl with a doll like figure and orange hair in pig tails spoke with a blank expression, "That's Senri Shiki," she pointed to the boy beside her with Maroon hair and pale blue eyes.

"It is a pleasure to meet all of you!" Reina smiled warmly and seemed to ease the tension that was in the room.

Since the break had ended shortly, everyone went back to their seats and listened to the teacher drone on about the importance of blood tablets and their creation.

Reina was terribly bored, Kaname noticing this handed her one of his books. She smiled gratefully towards him before turning to read. As she turned, Kaname saw the shine of a necklace. Upon closer inspection he saw that it was the necklace he had given Reina when they were children. He smiled softly at the thought, she had kept it after all these years. He turned and looked out the large window of the classroom and watched the moon shine bright in contrast with the dark night.

After the lesson there was another break before they had to move on to a different topic. Reina, surveying the room, noticed that Aidou and Kain had gone missing. There was also the faint smell of blood.

Standing up quickly, Reina used her vampire speed to move down the steps and out the door.

Using a telepathic power she had gained from a vampire a while back she sent a message to Kaname, "I'm going to go check something out. I have an uneasy feeling." No one saw the slight nod Kaname gave in understanding.

When Reina reached the scene she saw two day class girls on the ground, seeming to have fainted while Aidou held Yuuki by her wrist. He was drinking from her while Kain just stood by watching.

Pulling out Crimson Queen, her anti-vampire weapon, she aimed at the tree behind Aidou and fired. A bright red rose formed on the tree as Aidou released Yuuki in shock.

"Back away from her now Aidou!" Reina's eyes flashed with power as she commanded the vampire. He backed away in fear as well as Kain. Reina quickly moved over to Yuuki and separated her from the others, "Are you alright Yuuki?" Reina checked her hand.

"I'm fine Reina-sempi thank you, but...doesn't it...you know..." Yuuki was worried, didn't her blood make things uncomfortable for the female vampire?

"I'm fine Yuuki, you shouldn't let them get the best of you like that!" Reina scolded, "And Zero, come here and help wrap her wound please!"

From behind trees, Zero stepped out into the moonlight. Silently he moved towards Yuuki and sent a glare towards the two noble vampires before a nod in acknowledgement towards Reina.

"Blood is forbidden on school grounds..." were his only words before he picked up the two day class girls and led Yuuki away.

"Thank you Reina-sempi!" Yuuki called back. With a wave and a kind smile, Reina turned to the two males.

She placed Crimson Queen in her holster before grabbing the two vampires, who were considerably taller and stronger than her, and dragging them back to the classroom.

Reina slammed open the door before pushing the two missing vampires through it. They stumbled through while she calmly made her way into the room.

"Sit..." She said in a low sultry voice. Her tone was different, more commanding, all traces of the polite and happy girl from before are gone.

To the shock of everyone, they obeyed, "Now I don't know what you two were thinking tonight, but I will be informing Headmaster Cross about the situation and determine your punishment. We are not to drink the blood of the day class, it is forbidden! And to do something like that to Yuuki no less!" Reina continued to rant at the two males. Aidou tried to speak but she shot him a sharp glare, "I don't care if you felt her blood smelled good that is no excuse! And you," she turned on Kain, "Why were you just standing there watching?" Kain avoided eye contact with a sheepish expression. Reina finally calmed slightly and sighed, "Aidou I will give you your punishment back at the dorm, but you both are not allowed to leave this room until the end of the school night!" she gave them a stern look making sure that they understood.

With a nod of approval, she went and sat beside Kaname for the rest of class.

~Time Skip!~

After the crossover, the night class was now safe in the Moon Dorms. As soon as they were all inside, Reina went off in search of pails. When she came back, two were filled with rocks and one was filled with water.

"Stand over there Aidou..." Reina spoke in an off-hand tone. When Aidou was situated she placed the bucket of water on top of his head and made him carry a bucket of rocks in each hand. "You are not aloud to move until I or Kaname says to, also if you spill the water you will have to do this again tomorrow." and she left him in order to hunt for her room. Kaname followed.

"Reina, your room is right across from mine, here..." Kaname led her to her new room and closed the door behind him, "I hope you like it, many of the girls are very envious of your wardrobe."

Reina let out a melodic laugh, "It is a wonderful room Kaname, and it is truly great to see you again. I missed you..." Reina's face became more solemn, "I'm sorry about Yuuki, I miss her terribly and I can't imagine what you feel right now but I know that everything happens for a reason. She was like a little sister to me...it's terrible that she has no recollection of anything before that night."

"Yes, but it is for the best, I believe that this world of darkness will only cause harm," Kaname murmured.

"Indeed, well sunrise will be soon and I must retire. I will see you this evening Kaname," and with that Kaname smiled softly and left at Reina's request.

After changing into a simple nightgown, Reina closed her black curtains to cancel out the sun and drifted off into slumber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 5.5K 90
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
683K 15.4K 44
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.2M 48.2K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
346K 20.3K 74
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...