Rajah's Curse

By annbe11

I am Prince Alagan Dhiren Rajaram of Mujulaain, or I used to be. These days, people think I'm Princess Jasmin... More

Chapter 1: An Unhappy Princess
Chapter 2: An Indian Prince
Chapter 3: The Sultana
Chapter 4: Fragile Things
Chapter 5: The Kidnapper
Chapter 6: Another Prince
Chapter 7: A Royal Dinner
Chapter 8: Ali's Smile
Chapter 9: A Jealous Tiger
Chapter 10: Prince Nadim
Chapter 11: Her Escape
Chapter 12: Promises
Chapter 13: Lovesick
Chapter 14: The Wait
Chapter 15: Her Return
Chapter 16: The Splash
Chapter 17: The Rescue
Chapter 18: Together
Chapter 19: Jafar's Farewell
Chapter 20: Paperwork
Chapter 21: Her Promotion
Chapter 22: His Dream
Chapter 23: Secret Advisor
Chapter 24: Correspondence
Chapter 25: Ali's Lie
Chapter 26: The Fight
Chapter 27: Dangerous Questions
Chapter 28: Blinded
Chapter 29: The Magician's Study
Chapter 30: An Answer
Chapter 31: The Scroll
Chapter 32: Pleasant Conversations
Chapter 33: Her Headpiece
Chapter 34: A Surprise
Chapter 35: The Festival
Chapter 36: The Sultan
Chapter 37: His Trust
Chapter 39: Important Questions
Chapter 40: Royal Negotiations
Chapter 41: Another Royal Dinner
Chapter 42: Good Afternoon
Chapter 43: A Duel
Chapter 44: A Visitor
Chapter 45: A Ride
Chapter 46: Wishful Thinking
Chapter 47: His Test
Chapter 48: The Princess
Chapter 49: A Consolation
Chapter 50: Lesser Men
Chapter 51: Their Arrival
Chapter 52: The Prince's Return
Chapter 53: An Assassination
Chapter 54: No
Chapter 55: His Sentence
Chapter 56: Dead Men
Chapter 57: A Reunion

Chapter 38: A Heated Exchange

387 26 3
By annbe11

I had read poems that talked about flames of passion and being set ablaze with desire. However, unlike my brother, I was not the type to rake up as many conquests as possible, so I had never been in a position to test the validity of those expressions and had assumed that the poets must be speaking in metaphors.

I was wrong.

The instant Jasmine's lips touched mine, I felt like I was being consumed by fire. The desert sun was chilly compared our kiss and yet I still wanted more. I pulled her closer and heat blazed from wherever our hands wandered.

For a few moments, I completely lost control. I wanted her, needed her, and nothing else mattered.

I, at last, came to my senses when Jasmine sat on my lap.

I lurched away from her.

"Jasmine!" I snapped. "What on earth are you doing?" What on earth was I doing! How could I have let this happen? "Last night was bad enough, but this? You don't even know who I am. You are a princess. We cannot engage in this sort of clandestine behavior. It's not just improper. It's...it's..." But that was as far as my tirade got because I finally noticed something.

Princess Jasmine was looking at me, looking at me with her eyes which were very much open. Her normally brown irises were dark with a desire which colored her words. "Oh no, don't stop," she said in a slightly husky voice. "Continue explaining why I can't kiss you, Prince Dhiren. It's very...enlightening."

I gaped at her.

"Or do you actually prefer Ren? I must say I'm not calling you Rajah. Rajaram perhaps but even that seems a little too formal considering our history, wouldn't you say?" Her expression was seemingly guileless except for her nearly black eyes which twinkled wickedly.

"You-You know who I am?" I rasped. "But h-how? What?"

"Come now, Dhiren. Even you must have heard of true love's kiss before."

Of course I had, but...

My head was spinning.

"That's what I wanted to tell you yesterday." She reached up and gently stroked my cheek. The warm sensation of that simple touch added on yet another layer of confusion. I could barely hear Jasmine as she said in a caressing voice as tender as her touch, "I love you, Dhiren. I love you and I want to be with you for the rest of our days."

Then Princess Jasmine leaned forward to kiss me again.

I let it happen. I was far too stunned to resist.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 1.7K 17
You are a girl from just a land unknown to humans but the only words you can remember are from your sister. "Protect your brothers as I couldn't, my...
4.3K 294 22
A magnificent royal wedding venue, its beauty shining for just a fleeting moment. It's a place where new journeys begin, where new relationships are...
1K 124 32
As Alice walks the path of loneliness, bashed by people who has mistaken her for someone else. Dragged down by a guy named Edward and chained to trai...
13.1K 667 20
What will happen when your fiance's enemy kidnaps you. *********************************** Later on You fell in love with him. **********************...