A Sword for Love

By tha_t_1_girl

This is a one piece fan fiction, but even if you don't watch one piece it is still something you would be abl... More

Intro
Party?
10 Days
Enjoy the Time Left
The Two Day Present
Kami Eneru
Lei and the Feather Feather Fruit
Dinner for the Truth
I'm Sorry My Love
Self-Reunion
The Light in Blood
She's Gone
Bloodshed
The 5 Day Mark
Tag With Zoro
Remnants of the Past
An Afternoon with Sanji
Lei's Date with Zoro
Good Morning
Luffy VS Lei
The Second Battle
Spells and Heartache
The Updated Journal
From Nightmare To Nightmare
Forest Fire
Someone And Now No One
Pet Name
Truth Awakening
Faces
The Beginning of the End
Left in the dark
The Fated Love
So What Now?
Heaven's Stage
Wave Goodbye
Author's note

Cloth Or Not

31 1 0
By tha_t_1_girl

     As we walk down the sidewalk I see a clothing store titled 'cloth or not'. Weird name, but I suppose I can't question it.

"Zoro, do you mind if I buy some clothes real quick before we head back? I won't need to try them on or anything." I look up at him while still clinging to his arm.

"I don't see why not. It'll be a few days before the next island so might as well buy whatever you want today."

"Thank youuu! I promise it won't be long."

We walk in and I immediately know that we will be here awhile despite what I just said.

Racks of clothes are filled from front to back of the store. It's mostly women's clothes as well...they even have a whole section dedicated to really thin underwear. I've never seen something that looked so uncomfortable. I'd rather just walk around without underwear at that point. I point to it and look over at Zoro.

"Is that something most earth women wear? It looks rather awkward. It's practically a string of cloth going up your butt."

He seems a bit flustered, "er...those are called thongs. You've never seen those before?"

I shake my head, "why would anyone want to wear that?"

He goes kinda quiet as if trying to avoid the question. Hm, must be a women thing to wear it I guess. "Should I buy one to be more accustomed to earth? I thought I had already fit in, but I guess I left a few things out."

"I-I-I e-er u-um..." his face gets a tad red. "Y-you really don't need to...it's a certain attire for women that like to reveal themselves...sorta..."

"...reveal themselves?" I stare at the isle and consider buying one. I want to make sure I fit in with everyone as best as possible.

"Lei, trust me don't buy one. You're perfectly normal the way you are."

I sigh and turn back to Zoro, whose face is still burning and trying to avoid looking at me. "Okay, I guess so. I'm gonna go buy some things real quick and meet you around here somewhere."

"Okay," he replied as he looked around for the men's section.

Rushing over to the back I pick out a swimsuit. I've never owned one of these, for obvious reasons, so I'm not really sure if some of them are unusual to wear. For example, I see some suits that are one pieced and next to it there's underwear and bra. So do I wear a bra and underwear or the actual suit? I swear I've never been more confused about clothes since being in this realm. Grabbing one I rush to the next section.

There are dresses high and low with such a variety of colors the aisle looks like it's flashing brightly. To be honest I was thinking about changing up my style...if I were to beat my father. Kind of like a 'screw you, I'm free' rebellion, but I won't jinx it. So for now I'll just stick with dark colors. I grab a long flowy dress that has lacing from the top of the back that grows larger as it reaches the bottom.

Next, I pick up a two pieces dress. The top half is slit a bit around the belly but still attached on the sides. It's shorter than the other and reaches just past my knees. The dress is black and navy blue so it has a memorizing effect in the light. This one will probably be the one I wear first when I get the chance.

Lastly, I grab a black skirt with ruffles going straight down and around. A 'daddy's little devil' shirt comes with it, and it actually matches the black skirt nicely. It's a shaded red, a little bit small so my belly button would show, but doesn't reveal too much. I wouldn't have bought the shirt, but it came with the skirt so I won't complain. Maybe I can just cross out 'daddy's' and keep the last part. Overall though, it's not a bad outfit.

Quickly, I go to the checkout and pay for everything. It's not excessively bad of a haul for the price. I just hope I'll have more time to wear it rather than just four days.

Zoro was actually rather easy to find, he got lost and kept walking in a circle around the spot I left him. He always brings a smile to my face, even when he doesn't intend to. Probably one of the reasons I know it's true when I said 'I love you'.

"Alrighty, I'm ready to get goin!" I smile at him and hold up my bags for him to see.

"I couldn't find the men's section. This store is too damn big."

I can't help but giggle a bit, not wanting to embarrass him I just agree. Together we walk back out and head towards the ship. The stroll there was just as peaceful as last night. The clouds provided shade against the brilliant sun. And the birds were soaring high in the sky chirping every now and then. Even the people seemed to be in a better mood than yesterday, all smiling and laughing.

Unfortunately, we reach the ship and the stroll doesn't feel long enough. I like getting to spend time with Zoro away from the others. Not that I have anything against them, but they are rather rowdy sometimes.

"Hey Zoro," I say softly. I hold his hand before we have to go back. Who knows the next time we will be away from the others, just hanging out?

I see him look down at me curiously, "hm?"

"Thank you for last night and saving me again yesterday...you do a lot for me and I feel bad that I don't repay your kindness." I turn my gaze to him now and softly beam. "If there's anything I can do for you let me know."

He gives a faint chuckle as he shakes his head. "Baka, you don't have to be sorry or feel bad because I help you out. As long as we're friends you don't have to feel indebted to me. Now let's get back on the ship before they leave without us."

I nod and we both walk up the ramp to the ship. It seems fairly noisy, I wonder if Luffy is being careless again.

"Oy Sanjiiiiii it's like you're not even tryingggg to hit meeee." I hear Luffy doing something that sounds reckless. Hopefully not destroying the ship.

"Bakaaaa, how am I supposed to practice fighting you when you just doge my attacks? And on top of that, you swing around the ship, damn monkey! I'm not a rubber monster like you!" Sanji seems rather irritated.

I walk a little further onto the deck and can see that Nami and Usopp are practicing fighting each other. They seem to be going all out trying to develop new skills.

Turning my head a bit I see Robin and Chopper trying to conjure spells. They don't seem half bad at it either.

I'm baffled and curious as to what everyone is doing. Walking out onto the deck I said, "good morning, what are you guys doing?"

"LEILANI-SWANNN! GOOD MORNINGGGG! My heart ached every-"

Luffy interrupts, "oh hey, we were just training for when we fight! You make it out to seem like our enemy is pretty strong so I thought this would be best."

I remember my conversation with black this morning. I'm not sure if I should tell them anything before I figure out what I'm going to do. "O-oh? Luffy are you sure that this is going to help? I'm not sure if a few days of practice will change the outcome at this point."

"Don't be such a downerrrrr Leilaniiiiii," Luffy whines. "I've already got a few ideas for new moves!"

I can't help but smile at his efforts, all their efforts actually. "I'll help you train then too! Let me just put my stuff away and give me a few minutes."

As I walk away to do as I said, I can hear Luffy and Usopp cheer at the idea of me helping them out. They are so full of life it's somewhat adorable.

I'm not sure where Zoro went. Maybe he didn't want to come back with me onto the deck and receive criticism for being alone with me. I guess that's okay, I should let him be anyways. He did spend the whole night and morning with me after all. Either way, I'm glad I got to experience my first proper date with him.

Quickly I dump my new clothes on my bed and change into the two pieced dress I just bought. It looks super cute as the blue and black reflect my eyes and compliment my dirty blond hair. I look in the mirror and do a little twirl.

I haven't written in my journal for quite a while so I spend the next couple of minutes (which turns into half an hour) updating everything so far. I feel like if the crew ever read this journal they would think it belonged to a stalker. Or at least some kind of obsessed fangirl. I guess I don't have too much time to worry about that now.

Putting the diary away under my bed I decide I'll help them train, but I can't train myself. At this point, I think it's the only way to avoid unraveling my control. This sucks not being able to train when I desperately need to. I'm just scared that I'll end up hurting someone though. If I ever ended up hurting them I think I would have to leave the group out of my own shame. I can't hurt the only people who've ever treated me right...not again.

Quickly I take a breath in and out before rushing back out the door to the others. I may not be able to train, but I know I'll do the very best I can to help the others. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

801 35 14
Book 1: No Regrets, Right? Book 2: Gomen... Captain Book 3: By Your Side --- This is the 4th book in my LuffyxReader series, if you haven't read the...
4.1K 92 8
Y/N, after years of not seeing or hearing of her childhood friend, Monkey D. Luffy, stumbles upon him at a restaurant at sea. She soon finds herself...
16.6K 394 51
*currently editing* Book 1: No Regrets, Right? Book 2: Gomen... Captain --- This is the 3rd book in my LuffyxReader series, if you haven't read the f...
131K 5.3K 49
having a childish captain was enough of a responsibility for the strawhats, but having another childish crew member that wants to play god is even mo...