In Paris 1723

By FullyUnknown

"It's basically just a nice way to say that she can control minds-" "You're telling me this now! She hates me... More

Note
Part Zero
[0.1]
[0.2]
[0.3]
[0.4]
[0.5]
[0.6]
Part One
Twilight Cast
[1.1]
[1.2]
[1.3]
[1.4]
[1.5]
[1.6]
[1.7]
[1.8]
[1.9]
[1.10]
[1.11]
[1.12]
[1.13]
[1.14]
[1.15]
[1.16]
[1.17]
[1.18]
[1.19]
[1.20]
[1.21]
[1.22]
[1.23]
[1.24]
[1.25]
[1.26]
Part Two
Twilight: New Moon Cast
[2.1]
[2.2]
[2.3]
[2.4]
[2.5]
[2.6]
[2.7]
[2.8]
[2.9]
[2.10]
[2.11]
[2.12]
[2.13]
Part 3
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Part 4
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Part 5
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five

Chapter Forty-Seven

1.1K 31 6
By FullyUnknown

Chapter Forty-Seven - Seeing Red

*Genevieve*

"We have a problem," I say, opening the door and putting my paintings down onto the small side table that was placed in the hallway.

"What happened?" Rose asked, rushing over to me from her spot on the couch, Theo right on her heels.

"Alice saw something when I visited them at lunch. Edward wouldn't tell me what it was though, he only said that he would tell us all when he gets back," I say, sharing a grave look with both Rose and Theo.

"Do you think it has something to do with everything happening in Seattle?" Theo asks, glancing between Rose and I. I bit my lip as I sighed, fearful about not being able to know what was going on that made both Alice and Edward so worried.

______________________

"Victoria's coming," Alice informed, both her and Edward standing at the front of the room, everyone else seated in front of them. "I saw it."

"When?" Carlisle asked, looking at both Alice and Edward.

"This weekend," Edward said, "I convinced Bella to go down to Jacksonville to visit her mom. She doesn't know what's happening. Her one condition to going was that I use the other ticket. So, we're both flying down there after school Friday."

"So you're just leaving?" I ask, looking over towards him, my confusion clear on my face. "You're the fastest one out of all of us. Without you, we have little to no chance of catching Victoria."

"Aww. It's good to know that you'll miss me. I didn't even know that you cared so much," Edward teased, crossing his arms as he sent a smirk my way.

"Alright, let's not exaggerate here," I scoff, crossing my arms as I lean back against Theo's chest.

"Genevieve does make a good point," Esme says, her brow furrowed as she looked over towards Edward, "it is going to be considerably harder to catch Victoria without you... without your speed and ability, we starting a pretty big disadvantage."

Carlisle sighed before nodding and looking back at Alice. "Is there anything else?"

Alice just bit her lip as she met Carlisle's gaze, "we may need to ask for a bit of outside help."

______________________

"You need us to help you catch the redhead?" Jacob asked, crossing his arms as he looked over at us.

"She's going to be jumping back and forth between the two territories. If she jumps on your territory we can't get to her and she'll get away," Alice explained. Jacob nodded, understanding what she was going on about.

"I'll talk to Sam about it," he said, quickly turning around and leaping over the front porch, bounding off into the woods.

"You think they'll help?" I ask, watching the spot that Jacob had disappeared into. Carlisle only sighed as he also looked out into the tree line.

"I think that they will... to protect the town. But I don't really know... I can only hope."

"It would be better if Edward could stay, we need his speed if we even want a slight chance of catching her," I remark, glancing over at him watching as he sighs and drops his head slightly.

"Apparently Bella won't leave unless Edward goes with her."

"Of course she won't." 

"If this entire plan goes up in flames because little Isabella was too insecure about her 'relationship' with Eddie to leave him behind while she visits her mother for the weekend, then I am one hundred percent blaming her for the failure that is bound to happen." I scowl, spinning on my heels and marching back into the house. Theo snorts, sharing a few words with Jasper before following in after me.

Before the door has the chance to shut, I hear Rose sigh and shift her weight on the wooden deck. "I love her."

______________________

We all stood deep in the woods, looking around for any sign of Victoria's fiery hair racing about.

"Are you sure this is where you saw her?" Carlisle asked gently, glancing over at Alice. Jasper quickly stepped closer to her as she had another vision, his jaw tensing as he watched her eyes glaze over.

"She's almost here," she whispered out, knowing that we were all listening

Her words caused everyone to carefully scan the silent forest, looking for any inkling of the red head's presence. The only thing that we heard was a few birds cawing off in the distance. As if they knew how serious the situation was, the trees stood terrifyingly still, not a single leaf moving.

"On your left!"

Immediately, we all raced off following her directions as we raced left into the woods. Early on, Jasper, Emmett, and I held an early lead against the rest of the family. Emmett had the adrenaline of the chase running through his body, allowing him to run faster than his huge muscular body would normally allow. Jasper and I, being the next fastest in the family after Edward, quickly began to run in time with each other. Dodging ay stray trees or rocks that we came across as we got closer towards her.

Emmett bared his teeth as he reached out towards her fiery red hair, his fingertips only brushing it for a second before he was quickly flung into a tree. As soon as his body slammed into it, Rose came to a screeching halt and frantically checked on him before the two stood back up and started off again after the redhead.

I pursed my lips as I pushed my body to run even faster, watching as I steadily gained speed on Victoia. After a few seconds, the two of us had slipped away from the rest of the family's sight and were in our own little race against each other. As I got closer towards her, I bid my time for a moment before launching myself towards her. Our two bodies collided as we both slammed into a tree, and rolled a few feet away from each other. Almost immediately, however, we both stood up and looked at each other. My gold eyes widened as I looked into her bright crimson red eyes. For someone who seemed to hold so much anger in her body, her eyes were unsettlingly calm.

Her one calm facade melted away as she lunged towards me with her teeth bared. Before I could even understand what was happening, she already had her hands wrapped around my throat, her grip tight enough that it rendered me unable to fight against her.

"You killed him! I saw you! I watched as you killed my James," she hissed, tightening her grip on my throat as she emphasized her words. "Let's see how your little plaything feels when I kill you like how you killed James... huh. Leave your decapitated body for him to find. Let's see how he feels!"

I reach up towards her face, helplessly trying to claw at it in a feeble attempt of getting her to let go. She just leaned a few centimeters out of my range, continuing to lean over and look down at me with a conniving smile on her face.

"Don't worry. I won't do that... yet," she whispered to me calmly, reaching down with her other hand and pushing a stray hair out of my face. Contrary to her harsh words, she was surprisingly gentle when her hand grazed my face. "I still have plans for you..."

A moment's before she could go through with her plan, her attention was drawn away from me. Her eyes widened as she frantically whipped her head up, listening to the sound of the rest of the family racing towards us before looking down at me in contemplation. At the last second, she tightened her grip on my neck, making sure that the cracks that she had created spread further up and down my neck before disappearing from my sight. Most likely leaping across the river and stepping into the wolf's territory.

"Genevieve!" Theo raced over towards me, looking down at my neck in horror, "are you okay? What happened! We couldn't see you!"

I waved him off and slowly stood up, making my way over towards Carlisle, who was standing on the edge of the cliff and watching as Victoria turned back towards us, a cunning smile on her face.

"She's in their territory."

She sent us a playful wave before running along the side of the cliff. Growling, we all started off after her, racing her on our side of the river, watching as she continued to run, leaping over large rocks and any fallen trees.

"Where are the dogs?" I call out, watching as she leaped over a rather large rock, the smile clear on her face.

"She'll get away," Esme cried, glancing over at Victoria, who seemed to be completely content on the other side of the river.

No, she won't!" Jasper growled, speeding up and beginning to run beside me.

We all let out a sigh of relief as we see and hear the wolves barreling out of the woods, snarling as they chased Victoria. A few of the quicker, smaller ones began to gain on her, causing her to glance back every few seconds only to turn right back around and push herself faster, not wanting to die at the hands, or rather paws of the wolves.

Eventually, she jumped back over the river onto our territory, causing us all to speed up as we tried to catch her from our side. The wolves continued to run alongside us in case she jumped back over onto their territory.

A few feet behind me, Emmett let out a low growl as he fixed his gaze on Victoria, his mind only focusing on catching her. Jasper quickly sped up to her, watching as she used the trees to her advantage, jumping up and hopping to another. Jasper launched himself towards her, arms outstretched to grab her in midair, only to have her turn and contort her body so it was just out of reach, causing him to fall to the ground with a loud thud.

Victoria quickly jumped back down, glancing back at Jasper, who was beginning to stand back up, before beginning to run again. The sight of which only angered Emmett more, causing his mind to cloud over as he followed close behind her when she lept over the river.

Esme's eyes widened as she watched him leap after her, screaming out after him. "Emmett, no!"

We came to a quick stop, sucking in a breath as we watched him get shoved back by a large grey wolf. The tense atmosphere caused all of our attention to detract away from Victoria and divert solely onto the two of them.

The distraction allowed Victoria to land onto a large rock and glance over her shoulder. A small smile appeared when she saw that no one was watching her. Her eyes fell onto the two enemies that were currently growling at each other, which only caused her smile to grow further. Before she turned back to the woods to run away, she turned back towards us, her ruby red eyes meeting my topaz ones. She let out a little giggle, waving her hand at me before slipping into the dark woods, our little interaction going completely unnoticed by everyone else.

Emmett and the wolf staring off, both of them growling at the sight of the other, almost daring each other to take a step forwards. The wolf only backed off when Sam appeared out of the woods and pushed it away. Following it back into the woods, where a few other wolves were lingering in the shadows. He paused at the tree line, glancing back towards us to send Carlisle a harsh glare.

"Keep your kind off our land. We won't be so forgiving next time," he called out, turning on his heel and swiftly disappearing into the woods, the rest of his little pack following soon after him. Each and every one of them sent us a glare and a growl before disappearing from our sight.

Once the last wolf had disappeared into the trees, Emmett climbed out of the river and made his way back towards us. His clothes dripped water the entire way, causing him to pause and shake out his hair and wring out his clothes as he got closer to us.

As soon as he was close enough, Rose quickly stepped up and slapped him on the head for his idiocracy. The blonde woman hissed at her mate causing him to wince at her sharp words before nodding and lowering his head bashfully.

As quickly as we came together, we split back apart. The wolves went back to their homes while we headed back towards our house, both sides knowing full well that Victoria was long gone.

_______

i'm glad that everyone is liking the book! i'm loving seeing all the comments with everyone's thoughts!
don't forget to comment and vote!
until next update ☺︎
-T

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 2.3K 12
Cassandra "Cassie" Swan, moves with her twin sister, Isabella "Bella" Swan, to Forks to live with her dad. Having already come to terms with how her...
17.4K 529 17
๐’พ'๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ท๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ท๐“‡๐‘œ๐“€๐‘’, ๐’ท๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ท๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰, ๐’ท๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น ๐“ˆ๐‘œ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Š๐“ƒ๐’น๐‘’๐“‡๐“…๐“‡๐‘’๐“…๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น, ๐’ท๐’ถ๐’ท๐“Ž ...
1.1M 29.5K 45
"๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก ๐‘– ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ...๐‘”๐‘œ๐‘‘ ๐‘– ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘  โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘ ๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘’๐‘™๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ" ๐™๐™๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข...
342K 7.6K 19
'She's so complicated that's the way god made her, sunshine mixed with a little hurricane. That girl is the perfect storm' "How come she can't see...