The Knight In Shining Armour...

By escapedrealities

As cliche as it sounds, Violet Adams always dreamt of meeting her knight in shining armour one day. Someone w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
What Is Love ?
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Epilogue
The Letter
Aknowledgements

Chapter 62

32 4 2
By escapedrealities

"I am Cian. And I have been re-incarnated as Niall to balance the forces of nature which I had disrupted when I made Harry invisible."

He kept staring at me silently, but I couldnt bring myself to react just yet.

Niall, my best friend, someone I have known for a long time, is originally my boyfriends step brother who was practically the villain of his story.

Wow. I cannot bring myself to accept this.

How did I become a part of this crazy never-ending supernatural roller coaster?

"Please say something," I heard Niall whisper softly.

"Do you know how much pain you put him through?" I was speaking to my best friend who would never hurt a single soul, but I was seeing the evil step brother who did something extremely cruel and unforgivable to Harry.

I still remember how much pain Harrys eyes reflected when he told me everything, and then how he still didnt hate his steep brother and how he thinks its the worst thing about him.

"You have managed to give him an eternity of misery. And he still doesnt hate you." I said before he had a chance to speak.

I would have stood up and slapped him right here if he wasnt Niall. But he is, and the look on his face clearly says how apologetic he is.

"I dont think theres anything I could do to even deserve to apologize to him. Thats why I have done everything in my power to try and find out a chance to correct my mistake." Niall said, not even able to look me in the eye.

He picked up his spoon and fork again and started lazily playing with his food, still not looking up for a bit.

That reminded me to start eating as well.

"Theres only one thing that I need, the exact address to the church Harry went in before he you know,"

"Why? If you were Cian, you must know exactly where he was before he quite literally disappeared from this world," I cant help but say sarcastically.

"Thats the thing Violet, I dont remember every tiny detail of my life as Cian, I have hazy and blurry memory of the whole time. Thats what attracted me to dig deeper in the first place because I always felt a sense of déjà vu every time you told me something about him." He explained.

"I see,"

I couldnt gather all my thoughts right now. This is a whole new bomb that Niall has blasted on me. I dont know how Harry will react, or how the whole process of 'correcting Cians mistake' would go, and after that, if anyone will recognize his face, if he will still love me after that

Theres so much to consider even before thinking about this whole situation.

Lets take one step at a time.

"So, when and how are we gonna tell Harry?" I asked, taking one last bite of my sandwich and putting the crumbs down in my plate.

"I dont think I have the courage to tell him, and even if I did, I wont be able to see how he reacts. So, I think its better if you tell him, in your own way and when you see the right time. Will you please be able to do that much for me?" He slowly changed the tone of his sentence and by the time he spoke the last line, he was nowhere sounding close to Niall. I was listening to Cian.

And that made me shiver a little bit.

Come on, Violet. This is still your best friend Niall.

"I guess youre right. Even I am not sure how hell react. All I know is that he doesnt hate you for what you did to him. Whether hell get angry or not, I am not sure." I said, imagining how bad this can go.

"I know, thats also one of the reasons I am asking you to tell him." Niall started, finishing his food as well.

"Hes less likely to get mad at you, and theres a chance he might even listen to you and think about this whole thing and by the time he meets me, he might not even be angry anymore. Because as far as I know Harry, he rarely gets mad but when he does, you dont want to be on the receiving end of it."

"Hmm, I guess youre right." I said, not knowing what else to say.

I am feeling a but awkward now, as if I am sitting with a stranger right now.

Soon after, we were ready to leave.

"I hope youll be able to tell him and he remains calm." Niall said after a long silence of the ride back home.

He will be going to his restaurant later.

"Hopefully," I said quietly, getting out of the car.

"Bye Niall," I bent down a little to look at his face through the cars window once I got out.

Bye Purple, I shall wait for your reply on how it went, Niall replied, waving his palm and putting his car to ignition.

I smiled at my nickname and turned around, quietly opening the main door and getting inside.

I heard Nialls car zoom out of the driveway as soon as I closed the door behind me.

For me, he'll never be anyone else but Niall. I just have to handle Harry now.

_________________________________________________

"Hey Darling! I set us a little movie date," I heard Harry's velvety yet rough voice filled with excitement as soon as I step inside my room.

Oh god, please give me strength for this.

"Oh, Wow!" I smiled excitedly, looking at the little set up Harry has made on the bed. A bowl of popcorn, some chocolates, some beautiful drapes along the corners making the bed look like a tent.

"I know its a little overboard, but I was so excited to watch the new Marvel movie and I know that you like those too, so I thought I'll surprise you," He started to explain as I removed my coat and shoes and got ready for bed.

"That is SO nice of you," I said, smiling at his excitement and moving towards the bathroom.

I took a deep breathe as soon as the door of the bathroom closed.

Why do I have to tell him?

He looks so happy and when I tell him everything, he is going to be so upset.

And there's no way I want to be the reason for that beautiful smile of his to fall.

Trying to arrange my sentences in a less hurting manner, I changed into my pajamas and tied my hair up in a low ponytail.

I was still in deep thoughts when I came out of the bathroom, which was the reason I didn't see Harry and directly walked into him.

"Oh, hey!" I laughed nervously, taking a step back.

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking at me intently. He wasn't smiling anymore, because of me.

"Nothing, why?" I asked, showing no nervousness or hint of lying.

"You seem a little... upset,"

"Nah, I am just a little tired, that's all." I took a step towards him, and wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning in to give him a small peck.

"I am sorry I forgot to ask you about your dinner with Niall," He said softly, nuzzling his face in the curve of my neck as he hugged me.

"Yeah, it was nice," I said, sounding casual but still a bit stiff.

We stayed like that, wrapped in each other's arms for a while.

"It's fine if you don't want to watch the movie and go to bed, I wont mind."

"But I do wanna watch the movie, and we can cuddle too," I said softly, happy that the subject has changed.

"Deal," He smiled.

For obvious reasons I couldn't focus on the movie at all. I kept thinking if I missed my chance to tell Harry when he asked about the dinner, and then I kept imagining how will I tell him.

"Okay, this is the last time I am asking you. What's wrong?"

I gasped lightly when I heard Harry's voice speak, I hadn't realized that he had paused the movie.

I disentangled myself from him, laying on my back now, and he was looking at me, waiting to say something.

Okay, I have been given the chance now. If I don't take it I will never be able to find a right time to tell him this.

But I would ruin his mood, and what if he starts to hate me too because Niall, or Cian, whatever, is my bestfriend ?

Oh crap, I didn't think that earlier.

"Violet, you're worrying me now." Harry said, yet again harshly pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, there is something wrong. But I am so scared to tell you," I gave up and told him, not exactly but at least I started.

"Why? you don't have to be scared to tell me anything, baby." He said sincerely, softly running his hands through my hair.

"I don't know how you'll react,"

Okay this is not working. If I want to tell him, I have to straight up say it, this takes us nowhere.

"Did you... is it something about Niall ?" He asks, almost humorously.

"Yeah-"

"What did he do?" Before I could start, Harry cuts me off, gritting his teeth angrily.

Someone please take me out of here!

"Nothing, he didn't do anything. He told me something about him, that sort of concerns you." I replied hurriedly, before he could jump to any conclusions on his own.

"What?" He asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Please don't get angry," I could hear my voice shaking a little bit as I whispered.

"Hey, look at me," I felt his hand under my chin, softly lifting it up.

It took me a while to open my eyes, and when I did, I was greeted with soft, loving gaze of Harry, he was smiling.

"If you don't tell me now, I might spontaneously combust and become the incredible Hulk."

We both burst out laughing at his statement, immediately forgetting the tension that was created just now.

"Okay, you can tell me now, love." He said after we were sobered up.

Here goes nothing.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you all like this one,

Do tell me your views in the comments and give it a vote if you liked it. Will be back soon !

Sincerely,

Meera.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
50M 2M 38
Hadley Jamison doesn't know what to think when she hears that her classmate, Archer Morales, committed suicide. She didn't exactly know him, but that...
605K 36.8K 101
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...