One Night with A British Bill...

By Hanleigh_Bradley

πŸ’œ A one night stand with CEO bad boy and all round manwhore Landon Peters will change Aurora's life, if she'... More

One Night with A British Billionaire
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
A Little About Me
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
A Little More About Me
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
A Little More About Me
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Preview of Enforced Rules
Are You Following Me?

Chapter Eleven

1.4K 46 3
By Hanleigh_Bradley

Landon's POV

My morning proves tedious. I have a meeting with my key account directors and the ten directors are sitting around the boardroom table eager to tell me about their workload.

I turn to Andrew Contius, the director responsible for the Stone Publishing account.

"How is everything going with the new book?"

"Great," he says confidently. "My team have been working solidly on this for the last month. We presented two possible avenues yesterday. They went with the more indie route, but I think that is fitting for the book and its author."

I nod, leaning forward. Stone Publishing has always been an advantageous account and had really been a key account when I started the company, so I take particular interest in what he is saying.

It was a risk giving the account to Andrew.

He's young compared to many of the directors, although barely a few years younger than myself. He is good though and has fantastic instincts, something I noticed when he interned for me during his final year at university several years ago.

I saw something of myself in him, and it seemed like a good investment, and he's proven me right countless times.

"The face of publishing is changing," Andrew is telling us. "Mr Stone has taken a particular interest in this book. The name of the author is to remain a secret until the release date. That's part of their production angle to generate excitement. So, our entire campaign is to be mysterious and enticing. Secret events with handwritten invitations... secret notes at the bottom of empty billboards. It's an indie murder mystery, previously self-published, and just like the reader will be wondering who wrote the book, they will wonder who murdered the girl."

I grin.

"Sounds interesting."

"YouTube videos, advertising gifs – we're going to go viral on this. We're going to completely take over social media."

Andrew gives me a smirk; he knows his idea is good.

"And Mr Stone said that he has another book for us. He says this one is by an author friend of his daughter Aurora."

That really catches my attention. I act as uninterested as I can, politely checking my watch.

"His name is Theo Pollard, and he's just finished writing a book on the cost of tourism to the environment and local wildlife."

I glance at my phone. I really want to call her.

Pushing the thought away, I step to my feet.

I don't even have her number and I don't think she'll respond well if I get it for myself, I think to myself as I recall her reaction to me knowing her address this morning.

I fucked up.

I am so used to just doing what I want that I hadn't even considered that it wasn't the polite thing to do; it was just the easiest... That's not true Landon.

It wasn't easy. You asked Henry for the address because you didn't want to waste a second of your time with her on meaningless trivia.

The easy thing to have done would have been to ask for her fucking address.

"Great everyone. Keep it up."

As I get to my feet, one of the directors catches my attention, Louisa Kennley.

"Sir, can I speak to you in private?"

"Sure." I gesture for her to follow me out of the boardroom and into my adjourning office.

"What can I do for you, Louisa?" I ask as I take a seat behind my desk.

She sits in one of the chairs in front of the desk and takes a deep breath. She's nervous. I've never known her to be anxious. She's impeccably dressed, just like I expect all my employees to be. Her pencil skirt falls just below her knee, and her blouse is well fitted. She looks professional, and I'm proud to be able to call her my employee.

"Sir, I need to hand in my resignation."

I'm baffled. I thought Louisa was happy with her position at TRW.

"May I ask why?"

I notice the letter in her hand. She's shaking slightly as she places it on the desk in front of me.

"I'm pregnant," she tells me, "and I need to move."

"Move?"

I'm completely lost. I'm about to tell her about our fantastic maternity cover when she replies, "closer to my boyfriend. He lives in Birmingham."

"Ah... of course." I'm disappointed but I'm happy for her all the same. "There are several very successful advertising agencies in Birmingham. Apply for senior positions with them, and I will ensure you have the best possible reference."

"Thank you, Mr Peters," she gushes.

"You are very welcome," I tell her. "You will, of course, need to speak to Human Resources regarding the cancellation of your contract and the length of notice they need. You will also need to speak to Andrew about possibly taking over your accounts temporarily if we don't find a replacement quick enough."

"Yes sir." She's no longer anxious. "Thank you for being understanding."

When she leaves, I press the intercom button.

"Lisa, can you get me Catherine from HR, please."

"Yes sir," Lisa replies kindly.

Lisa is without a doubt one of my favourite employees. She's in her late forties and has a motherly disposition.

While I'm waiting for Catherine, I make a quick call. It's a call I've been trying not to make all morning. It's a number I have on speed dial.

"Henry."

"Yes sir," Henry responds automatically.

I shouldn't be doing this. This could be the final nail in the coffin. I should just drive round there and ask for her number.

"Can you get me a telephone number for Aurora Stone?"

I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm breaking all the rules now. But more than that, I'm not sure she's going to be happy about it. The right thing to do would be to drop her a courier message or something. At least then when I get her number, it will be because she gave it to me but no... I want the instant gratification of a quick and easy reply.

"Of course, sir," Henry replies. I can hear typing in the background. "Just give me a minute... got it; I've sent her contact information to your iPhone."

"Thank you, Henry."

I struggle not to ask him to do a complete background check. I want to understand her better, but her voice in my head tells me that that would be unforgivable.

She's a Stone; she values her privacy.

I stop myself from automatically picking up my phone when I hear the beep that signals I have her number. I don't resist for long. He's sent me her mobile number and her email address. I smile because now I can contact her anyway I want.

"You are welcome, sir. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"No, Henry. Have a good day."

I hang up before I can change my mind on that background check.

I manage to work for twenty minutes before the temptation to text her gets the better of me. I pick up my phone. It's one o'clock. I don't know what to say to Aurora, but I've got to say something.

Hi, Aurora. It's Landon. I had a great night last night and a fantastic morning too. I would really like to see you again. Let me know. Landon.

I consider adding a kiss, but I think that might be too much. It would certainly be very uncharacteristic of me, but then texting a girl after fucking her is new to me too.

I don't have to wait long for a reply, much to my relief.

I had a great time too. I especially liked the part in the shower. A x

Fuck! I've never gotten hard from a text before but after reading that I am rock hard. I need to reply. Hell, I need to fuck her again.

I particularly liked that part too. Although my favourite part was having you tied to my bed. L

She's sent me a kiss. I consider again sending her one but opt against it. Her response is slower this time, but when it comes, it is worth the wait.

I'm in the library. Supposed to be studying and all I can think about is you... your hands, your fingers inside me... your tongue bringing me off... I'm wet. A x

I wish I was there with you. L

Fuck! For someone who lost their virginity just hours ago, she's very good with her words. I am never going to get any work done at this rate. She's innocent and new to this, but she sure knows how to affect me.

Me too. Got to go. I need to finish this paper before I go to my parents for dinner. A x

Yeah. I should probably try and get some work done too. Although, you may have made it a bit of a challenge. My focus is definitely NOT on work. Naughty girl, Miss Stone. L x

This time I send her a kiss. I'm not sure why but I think it's because I want her to know I'm thinking about her.

I'm sorry for distracting you. I'm usually so well behaved. I don't think anyone's ever called me naughty... I like it. 😉 x

I laugh when I realise that she has sent me a winky face.

Cute use of emoticons. But you're not sorry in the slightest. Now behave and go study x

I would, but you keep texting me! Lol x

That's because you keep texting me, angel. x

Now she's got me using pet names. What the hell is she doing to me?

Well, you need to stop replying, or we'll never achieve anything. x

I don't know... I might achieve getting you to agree to go out with me tomorrow night. X

You might if you ask nicely. x

I grin as I type out my reply:

Please, can I see you tomorrow? x

It feels like it takes her longer to respond this time.

Just let me know a time and place. x

I'll pick you up at seven. x

See you then x

Have fun at your parents' tonight. x

I'm saying goodbye, but I'm not ready to stop this conversation.

Thanks. Have a good evening too. x

I laugh. That's unlikely. I'm spending it with my father.

Of course, I'll be spending it thinking about you. x

It was cheesy and definitely not the sort of thing I would usually say, but I couldn't bring myself to regret it when her reply arrives.

I'll be thinking about you too... x

👔 Tell me what you want to happen in the next chapter and don't forget to vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 12K 37
"You are stepping on my toes, Lexington." I rolled my eyes, pretending I wasn't intimidated by his stance. He looked like he could devour me whole, b...
5.8K 207 45
Brandon Stevens, a business tycoon who owns the largest business empire in the country has the good looks, immeasurable wealth, and the rock hard bod...
195K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
114K 2.5K 27
Cheating With The Billionaire | Previously Titled HER NEW DADDY . . . The man that I'm falling for is a man that I shouldn't want. The odds a...