Love [Neal Cassidy || OUAT ||...

By bethanyjanebooks

After their return from the past and admitting their feelings, Alana and Neal try to find Tallahassee in Sto... More

Cast
1 - A Tale of Two Sisters
2 - A Tale of Two Sisters
3 - White Out
4 - White Out
5 - Rocky Road
6 - Rocky Road
7 - The Apprentice
8 - The Apprentice
9 - Breaking Glass
10 - Breaking Glass
11 - Family Business
12 - Family Business
13 - The Snow Queen
14 - The Snow Queen
15 - Smash the Mirror: Part 1
16 - Smash the Mirror: Part 1
17 - Smash the Mirror: Part 2
18 - Smash the Mirror: Part 2
19 - Fall
20 - Fall
21 - Shattered Sight
22 - Shattered Sight
23 - Heroes & Villians
24 - Heroes & Villians
25 - Darkness on the Edge of Town
26 - Darkness on the Edge of Town
27 - Unforgiven
28 - Unforgiven
29 - Enter the Dragon
31 - Poor Unfortunate Soul
32 - Poor Unfortunate Soul
33 - Best Laid Plans
34 - Best Laid Plans
35 - Sympathy for the De Vil
36 - Sympathy for the De Vil
37 - Lily
38 - Lily
39 - Falling for You (Orginial Ep: Mother)
40 - Falling for You (Original Ep: Mother)
41 - Operation Mongoose: Part 1
42 - Operation Mongoose: Part 1
43 - Operation Mongoose: Part 2
44 - Operation Mongoose: Part 2
Next Book

30 - Enter the Dragon

592 18 6
By bethanyjanebooks

Alana, Neal, Emma, David, Mary Margaret and Killian walked into the library and walked down an aisle.

"Hey, we're here," David said.

Regina stepped out from behind the bookshelf and saw the group, "Amy and I said we needed to meet covertly. Now, I see you brought the entire Charming softball team and their pirate mascot?" Regina said.

"We were worried about you," Mary Margaret said.

"Well, then worry quickly. I can't be seen with all of you," Regina said.

"Where's Phinia?" Killian asked.

"I...I don't know," Regina said.

"So, she could be alone and hurt?" Killian asked.

"Regina, listen to me. This is a bad idea. This woman, this dragon, she's dangerous, and you don't know the first thing about going undercover," Emma said.

"I'm a quick study, and Maleficent already told me why they're here. Apparently, they're after the author, too. I simply want him to change my fate," Regina said.

"What do you they want?" Alana asked.

"They want to shift the entire balance so that villains win and heroes lose. They feel the only way to get their happy ending is to destroy yours," Regina said.

"Do you think they can find the author?" Alana asked.

"They have a lead, we don't. And tonight, they want me to help them steal it... Whatever it is," Regina said.

"I'm telling you, these things never end well," Emma said.

"I understand your concern, but I'm in... And so's Phinia, she was in from the start," Regina said.

"Okay, well, then I'm in too," Emma said.

"Emma," Alana said.

"What?" Regina said.

"I'm gonna stick by you and you're not stopping me, Ana," Emma looked at Regina, "I'm gonna get your back while you do this," Emma said.

"Fine. I'm in too," Alana said.

"What?" Neal asked.

"No. It's too dangerous," Regina said.

"We said we were a part of Operation Mongoose. We are a part of it. You wanted our help... Now you're gonna get it. No matter what it means for the three of us," Alana said.

"Whatever she has planning tonight. We'll be there," Emma said.

"Lana," Neal said.

"I'll be fine," Alana turned to him, "I promise, I'll be back home later tonight," Alana said.

"Home?" Neal said with a smile.

"You know what I mean," Alana said.

Later, Alana and Emma were in Alana's car, watching Regina who was stood outside the library waiting for the villains.

"Will our lives ever be quiet?" Alana asked.

"Probably not anymore," Emma said and chuckled.

"Fun," Alana said with a sigh.

"They're here," Emma said and the twins ducked as Cruella's car pulled up to Regina and Maleficent.

"When did she get there?" Alana sighed, "Never ask questions when magic is involved," Alana said.

Regina and Maleficent got into Cruella's car and Regina drove off, Alana followed after them at a distance.

"You're thinking... What's on your mind?" Emma asked.

"Just want everyone to be alright," Alana said.

"Where's Neal?" Emma asked.

"Diner, I think, or he's helping Henry and Calla with the author," Alana said.

"You're not avoiding each other are you?" Emma asked.

"No, no, no. He just didn't want me to help you tonight, but you're my sister, you come first... When my son isn't needing me," Alana said.

At the diner, Will and Belle were sat at a table and Will looked at a chocolate cake in front of him.

"You know, you should try some of this cake, it's delicious," Belle said.

Killian walked in and sat beside Will, "Well, look at which two survivors found a dinghy together. I do hope I'm not interrupting," Killian said.

"Uh, Killian, this is... This is Will," Killian and Will looked at each other and Belle noticed the angry look between them, "Have you two met?" Belle asked.

"That we have, yeah," Will said.

"Ah," Belle said.

"Now before you give in to your pugilistic urges, let's take this outside away from the lady, shall we?" Will suggested as they looked at each other.

"And you clearly don't get along," Belle said.

"As much as I'd enjoy flooding you again and trying to scare you from my family, I'm here for Belle," Killian turned to her, "We need to talk in private," Killian said.

Belle and Killian were in the kitchen to talk alone, "And no one knows what these three witches want Regina to help them steal?" Belle asked.

"Not for sure. But they're powerful witches seeking more power, and who's more powerful than the Dark One, than his daughter? His dagger. It's still in town, isn't it?" Killian said.

"Why do you think they're after it?" Belle asked.

"What better way to find the author than by getting the Dark One to do it for you?" Killian said.

"But how? Isn't it useless as long as he's outside of Storybrooke?" Belle said.

"Unless they found a way to lure him back," Killian said.

"Any one of them could control him or even worse... Use the dagger to kill him and become the Dark One herself," Belle said.

"No. We won't let that happen. I assume you hid the dagger somewhere safe," Killian said.

"Yes, of course," Belle said.

"I suggest you move it," Killian said.

"What?" Belle asked.

"They knew him on the outside. They may have gleaned much about you and where you might hide something. We have to put it somewhere they would never think to look," Killian said.

"But where?" Belle asked.

"Don't worry about that. If you want to bury treasure where no one can find it, leave it to a pirate," Killian said.

Elsewhere, Alana was following Cruella's car towards Marco's house, she parked in the distance.

"Why are they here?" Emma asked.

"I don't know, but I'm looking forward to finding out," Alana said.

"We can't blow her cover," Emma said.

Inside Cruella's car with Regina and Maleficent, "We're here," Maleficent said.

"This can't be right. This is Marco's house, the town handyman. The only magical object you'll find here is duct tape," Regina said.

"I assure you, there's something far more valuable. Actually, someone... That naughty little piece of pine he calls a son," Maleficent said.

"The magical object you're after is Pinocchio?" Regina said.

"He has information about the author, and we intend to make him tell us," Maleficent said.

"Which would be a good plan if I hadn't tried already. He doesn't remember anything," Regina said.

"Maybe the trouble was you not asking your questions more forcefully," Maleficent said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Regina asked.

"I'm beginning to worry Cruella and Ursula were right. You've spent so much time around heroes, you've forgotten who you really are... You're no Delphinia, Regina," Maleficent said.

"I'd be careful questioning my commitment," Regina said.

"You want to prove to me you're the Evil Queen I remember, go inside there now and steal that little boy," Maleficent said.

Flashback

At Maleficent's castle, "So, there's a tree I burned that's still on fire. Who cares? What does it matter?" Maleficent said.

"That's your spark. That's what's going to reignite The Dragon inside you," She handed Maleficent her headwear, "Now, get dressed," Regina said.

They were standing in front of the fire tree, Maleficent try to suck the fire.

"Did it work?" Regina asked.

"I'm not sure," Maleficent said.

"We're about to find out. Look," Regina said.

They turned around to see King Stefan and his knights arrive.

"Hello, Stefan," Maleficent said.

"Maleficent... I promise, if you intend to take away Aurora's happiness, you will fail... Just as you failed with Briar Rose," Stefan said.

"You made sure of that, didn't you?" Maleficent said.

"Men, seize them!" Maleficent tried to turn into a dragon but failed, "It would appear that you've made a fool of yourself once again... Maleficent," Stefan said.

End of Flashback

At Marco's house, he was making a rocking horse in the garage with Pinocchio. 

"Wonderful work, Pinocchio. She's ready, huh? All that is left is to see how she gallops," Marco said as he made the horse rock.

"How's that, papa?" Pinocchio asked.

"She is a steed fit for a prince," Marco said.

Regina entered, "Hello, Marco, Pinocchio. May I come in?" Regina said.

"Of course. Is, uh... Is everything all right?" Marco asked.

Regina waved her hand and Marco and Pinocchio fell asleep as Emma and Alana walked in, "Regina," Emma said.

"Emma! Alana! What are you doing here?" Regina said.

"We've been watching you. We saw you casting a sleeping spell, and my gut said something was wrong," Emma said.

"Well, it will be if you two don't get out of here," Regina said.

"Not until you tell us what Maleficent has you in here doing," Emma said.

"They're after Pinocchio," Regina said.

"We told you these things never end well. We'll have to do this quickly. Let's take him out the back and then find a safe place," Alana said.

"One little snafu and you're ready to pack up? What happens when Mal realizes and lets loose her inner dragon?" Regina said.

"This is a child we are talking about, Regina. It's too big a risk," Emma said.

"Not if I'm there to keep him safe. If they try to harm him, I'll stop them and fight my way out," Regina said.

"Three of them! One of you!" Emma said.

"Amy is there too, he'll have both me and Amy... I know you think I'm in over my head, but Amy and I got this. You don't know them like we do," Regina said.

"Then enlighten us, because ever since they came to town, our superpower's been going haywire, like everyone, including our own parents, is keeping something from us," Alana said. 

"Alana, Emma, the only ones keeping secrets are Maleficent and her friends. They've taken a page out of the heroes' playbook. They're working together, which means we have to take a page out of theirs and break some rules," Regina said. 

"We'll be right on your tail. We see anything we don't like, and we will come in blazing," Emma said.

"Fine," Regina said.

"I just want you safe," Emma said.

"I know," Regina said and Alana glanced between them both.

Regina brought Pinocchio to Cruella's car where Maleficent was still waiting for her.

"It's good to have you back," Maleficent said as she got into the car.

Regina took out her cellphone, looked at it then she looked up.

Flashback

Stefan and his knights caught Regina and Maleficent. Regina tried to free herself by burning her ropes.

"What are you doing?" Maleficent said.

"I'm not going out like this," Regina said.

"You're gonna fight? There's too many of them," Maleficent said.

"Guess we'll have to hope my fireballs have improved," Regina said.

"You can't defeat them," Maleficent said.

"You're right. Not without a dragon's help," Regina said.

Regina burnt her ropes and freed herself, she attacked a knight with a fireball. When she tried to make another fireball she failed.

"Kill her!" Maleficent turned into a dragon, "Retreat!" Stefan yelled.

"Look who's back," Regina said as she smiled.

All of Stefan's soldiers ran off as Maleficent attacked Stefan with her fire and Stefan screamed.

End of Flashback

Emma and Alana were in Marco's garage, they were waiting for Regina and Maleficent to leave using a GPS app, seeing that Regina hadn't moved.

"Come on. What's the hold-up? Why aren't you... No!" Emma said as she ran out of the garage and saw that they were gone but Regina's phone was on the ground.

Alana followed Emma out of the garage, "No. Regina, what are you doing?" Alana said as she picked up Regina's phone.

Elsewhere, Cruella's car was driving into the woods and Regina was in the car with Maleficent and a sleeping Pinocchio.

Flashback

Aurora was brushing her hair in her bedroom when Maleficent walked up behind her.

"You must be Aurora... Briar Rose's sweet-smelling bud of a daughter," Maleficent said.

"Maleficent. But my father..." Aurora said.

"Said he was going to protect you. He failed. I was going to kill him, you know. I was going to kill your mother, too, until I realized... They would suffer far worse if they were alive to see what I'm going to do to you," Maleficent said.

Aurora tried to run pass Maleficent but the villain grabbed her as Regina was standing by, holding Maleficent's staff.

"My mother defeated you, as shall I. All it will take is what I have and you never will," Aurora said.

"True love? Don't count on it. I have my own quite special curse in mind for your Prince Phillip," Maleficent said as she took out a need.

"No!" Aurora said and Maleficent pricked the princess's finger with the needle and within seconds Aurora fell asleep.

"That was inspired," Regina said as Maleficent walked over to her.

"Well, it never would've happened if it wasn't for you. You reminded me of who I am. Thank you. You can come out now, Delphinia," Maleficent said.

"What?" Regina asked.

Delphinia appeared and smiled, "Oh, I've missed you, my dragon," Delphinia said.

"I've missed you, my favourite shadow manipulator," Maleficent said.

"How does it feel to be back?" Delphinia asked.

"Better than I could've imagined," Maleficent said.

"Good, need you sharp for the future," Delphinia said with a smirk.

End of Flashback

Belle brought Killian to a dirt field and walked to the middle, she dug it up then picked it up.

"Thank goodness, it's safe," Belle looked at Killian, "Do, uh... Do you know where you're going to hide it?" Belle asked.

"The less you know about it, the better. Take Gold's car and go. You won't see me again until it's in a place where no one will ever find it," Killian said.

"Thank you, Killian," She looked at the dagger, "The idea of Rumpel returning after, I... I don't know what I'd do," Belle said.

"At least you don't have to worry about that now," He held his hand out for the dagger but Bell hesitated, "What is it, love? Is something wrong?" Killian asked.

"Yeah, I just had an awful thought. What if... What if Rumpel's already here?" Belle said.

"You mean inside the town lines? Isn't that..." Killian said.

"Impossible, yes, but... I don't know, I just have this unnerving, terrible feeling. This is my only protection," Belle said.

"Well, if you're concerned he's here, there's one way to know for sure. Use the dagger. Command him to come and face you. If he's here, he has no choice," Killian said.

Belle took a deep breath and held up the dagger, "Dark One, if you're here, come and face me...Now..." Belle said and Killian looked at her but Belle didn't notice.

"Well, guess I was wrong. Here," Belle said as she handed the dagger to him, she walked to the car, got in and drove away.

Killian watched Belle drive away when she was out of sight he grinned and black smoke engulfed him transforming into Mr Gold.

Mr Gold entered the pawnshop, looking like Killian again.

Belle looked up at him from the rose box on the counter and smiled, Ah. "Killian. So, is the dagger safe?" Belle asked.

"Yes and now that it's hidden, we have one last piece of business. We must swear a pirate's oath. We must promise to never talk about what happened today again... To one another or anyone else. It's the only way to assure the dagger stays safe. You have my word," 'Killian' said.

"And you have mine," Belle said.

"I'm guessing that's a gift from your admirer, Will," 'Killian' said as he pointed to the rose box on the counter.

"Yeah, it was outside when I got here," Belle said.

"If you don't mind, are... Things serious?" 'Killian' said.

"What it is, is... It's new... And beyond that, I...I don't know," Belle said.

"You're so... Different," 'Killian' said.

"I know and after Rumpel... It's so nice to... Spend time with someone who's nothing more than who he says he is," Belle said.

"So, you're over him, then, Rumpelstiltskin?" 'Killian' asked.

"I don't know if I can ever be over him," Belle sighed, "But for now, Will makes me smile," Belle said with a smile.

"I'm glad to hear that. Goodnight, then," 'Killian' said and started to walk away.

"Oh, Killian," He looked at her, "Uh... About Will... I was wondering, what h... What happened between you two?" Belle asked.

"Let's just say he took something I care for," 'Killian' said and walked out of the shop.

As the door shut, 'Killian' was back to looking at Mr Gold and he looked through the window to see Belle was on the phone with Will.

"So, you're now spying on your wife?" Mr Gold turned to see Amy, "Sorry, ex-wife," Amy said.

"Stop enjoying this," Mr Gold said.

"No, it's karma papa, you tried to take some of mine, and so... You've lost yours... Now, are we gonna go back to the cabin or not? Because if not, I would like to see my husband and my daughter," Amy said.

"We will go back to the cabin now," Mr Gold said and the two walked away together.

"So... You haven't asked..." Amy said.

"Because I know you won't do it," Mr Gold said.

Flashback

In the stables, Rumpelstiltskin was stood on the stable door and Delphinia was sat on the stable door as Regina petted Snow White's horse that was lying on the ground.

"How did you two get here so soon?" Rumpelstiltskin asked.

"On the back of a dragon. How else?" Regina said.

"You mean Maleficent? I was certain she'd lost that power," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Well, it's more like forgotten... Until  Regina helped her remember who she was," Delphinia said.

"I thought it was her that was seeking a teacher, not the other way around," Rumpelstiltskin said and Delphinia shrugged.

"I was," Regina stood up, "But then I realized... I already had two teachers, who were doing quite well with me," Regina said.  

"Glad to hear it. I can see you're doing quite well, too," Delphinia said with a smile.

"And why do I get the feeling that that pony's not just taking a nap?" Rumpelstiltskin said as he pointed to the horse.

"Well, of course, he is..." She held up a needle, "For another 100 years or so," Regina walked out of the stables, pushing the door that Delphinia was sat on and Rumpelstiltskin was stood on, "Maleficent helped me see death is too good for Snow White. I need to take away what she loves," Regina said.

"A lesson we've been trying to teach," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Well... I'm finally ready to learn. No matter how long it takes, I can do it. I can get my revenge," Regina said.

"That's our girl," Delphinia said with a smile.

End of Flashback

Maleficent led Regina to Gold's cabin, "Gold's cabin? What are we doing here?" Regina asked.

"We needed someplace out of the way to hang our headdresses and hide our kidnapped puppets, and this little hovel became available to us," Maleficent said.

"No. Your dark magic... It's not a spell or an object. It's..." Regina said.

"That's right, dearie, it's me," Mr Gold walked forwards holding his dagger with Amy beside him. Regina looked at him slightly shocked, "You didn't really think I'd stay banished for long, now, did you?" Mr Gold said.

Regina saw the dagger, "No, I didn't," Regina said.

"I learned quite a bit about myself on my little journey outside Storybrooke. You were right, Regina. Sometimes the teacher needs to learn from the student and sometimes... You need to fall very far... To finally see the light," Mr Gold said.

"Well, then you've finally accepted the same truth I have. You can't get your happy ending without finding the author. I suppose that puts us on the same side," Regina said.

"I suppose it does," Cruella and Ursula walked into the cabin with Pinocchio, "And now, with the help of the real boy you've acquired, we can take our first steps," Mr Gold said.

"What are you going to do?" Amy asked as she was standing in front of Pinocchio.

"Step aside and I'll show you or have you gone soft, dear?" Mr Gold asked.

"Never, but I'm a mother and this is a child... So, I'm going to ask you as parent to parent... Are you going to hurt this child?" Amy asked.

"No I won't the boy, now, move," Mr Gold said.

"Very well," Amy said and stepped out of the way, standing beside Regina.

"You see, we're not gonna ask young Pinocchio here to remember anything... Because he can't. No amount of torture will work on him, but it will succeed on the man he used to be," Mr Gold waved his dagger over Pinocchio, turning him back into August, "Welcome, August. Now... Shall we begin?" Mr Gold asked as August woke up.

"Oh, yes, this is a much better plan," Amy said.

"You got a better one, darling?" Cruella asked.

"You wouldn't let him hurt the child, he's not a child anymore," Ursula said.

"Ignore her... These two... Were close when he was both adult and child," Regina said moved closer to Amy, "Calm down," Regina whispered.

"I am calm, where the hell have you been?" Amy whispered.

"Took me longer than you... What do we do?" Regina whispered.

"I don't know..." Amy whispered as she looked at August, nervously.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 1K 14
[Book #4 in the series OUAT Peter Pan x Reader] Y/N, Peter, Henry, and many others made it back to Storybrooke. But it's not just them who made it ba...
115K 3K 45
"ɪᴛ ᴡᴀꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴀꜱɪʟʏ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴡᴇɴᴛ ʙʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇᴍ. ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ʀᴏꜱᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇ...
48.4K 1.6K 26
ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ' ɴᴇᴍᴇꜱɪꜱ ᴡᴀꜱ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ? ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ' ʟᴏᴠᴇ? ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜʀꜱᴇ ɪꜱ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ, ᴛʜᴏꜱᴇ Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ. Th...
14.6K 519 32
After surviving not only Neverland but an encounter with her past self, Tasha finds herself questioning whether a peaceful life is possible in a plac...