𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐋 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋! | rodric...

By -kaeneshiro

[r.h. × female oc] ❝i really like you, i really wanna be your best friend. be my rebel girl...❞ she's the que... More

introduction
cast/face claims!
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
intermission
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four

ten

2.3K 72 160
By -kaeneshiro

( track 11: )

❝ i'm not bitter (i just want to kill you) ❞
voodoo queens

0:00 •———————— 3:01
◀ || ▶

nora's point of view

after taking some food from the cafeteria, i rushed towards my lunch table. rodrick texted me last night and told me that he'll be sitting there from now on, every lunch break.

i mean, i'm not counting on him, but i guess just let the guy get a chance to be friends with me-or more than friends, i don't know. i still don't like the dude.

just give them a few weeks and they'll start ignoring me like i'm some kind of ghost just randomly roaming around the place. anyways moving on...

my morning wasn't so bad. i feel less shittier than yesterday, which is good. my parents and i just decided to never bring up the argument anymore and forget that it happened. we're fine-for now.

as i was about to approach my table, two women were seated on one side. there are so many tables in this place, why the hell did they decide to sit here?

walking closer, i realized it was just rachel and melissa whispering and giggling at each other.

“oh hazel!” rachel's eyes lit up as she sipped on her iced tea. “hi, we noticed that you always sit alone in this table so we decided to share it with you if that's alright?”

i hesitated to respond. it's odd that rachel louis decided to sit on my table (obviously i don't own the table, everyone has the right to use it). it's just that no one cared about me before until i went to rodrick's party.

“sure.” i replied, setting my lunch tray down the table.

“thanks for letting us sit with you hazel,” melissa smiled as she ate her food.

“no problem! i rarely get seatmates on this table so...” i trailed off, forgetting what i was going to say.

“well that's why we're here, we just sit wherever we want to honestly.” rachel shrugged. “it just so happened that i immediately thought of you from the party.”

“oh of course,” i chuckled, unwrapping the paper from the burger.

“by the way, how are you?” rachel asked, making me think deeply.

“physically or mentally?” i asked, stuffing my mouth with the burger.

rodrick all of a sudden appeared with a disappointed look in his face as he was holding his own lunch tray.

“hey, i was supposed to sit there first!” he whined. rachel rolled her eyes in annoyance.

“shut up rodrick, we sat here first. we don't let exes sit together in the same table, now scram.” rachel flicked her wrist, telling him to go find another seat.

“hazel!” rodrick whined once more.

“just let them be, we'll talk later.” i instructed, sipping on a box of apple juice.

melissa laughed as she clapper her hands in amusement. “you heard her, rod: girls only! now shoo!”

rodrick sighed, looking down on his plate as he walked towards chris and ben's table; where they usually sit every break.

“so, hazel nora lee...” rachel smirked. "what's your zodiac sign?"

"my zodiac sign?" i chuckled. "well, i'm a scorpio. how about you?"

“oh my gosh, i'm also a scorpio.” rachel gasped. "twins!" both of us did a high-five.

“that's so awesome, i didn't know we're a bit similar.” i smiled. “what's your moon and rising sign?”

“moon and what now? there's more?” rachel gawked as she covered her mouth in shock.

“you don't know your 3's?” i questioned. rachel nodded her head in response.

“yeah, all i know is that i'm a scorpio.” she chuckled, sipping on her iced tea again. “how am i going to know my big 3's?”

"there's lots of natal chart tests in the internet, all you have to do is write in your birth date and the time you were born." i explained as i took another bite of my burger. “my big 3's are scorpio—well, sun and mercury; and my moon is taurus.”

“i really should learn more about astrology.” rachel chuckled. “i only know those zodiac stuff just because i read horoscopes. do you read horoscopes too?”

“oh i'm more into tarot card readings. you know those funky illustrated cards you'd see on a fortune teller's table.” i shrugged and laughed nervously, fidgeting my thumbs. “really cool stuff because it'll just directly point out what's going on in your life, it's kind of like a guide...thing.”

the two of them nodded, looking surprised as they continued to listen.

i need to shut up for a moment, jesus christ.

“that sounds incredible." melissa ate her salad. "so like, you're some kind of psychic then?”

“not really. i don't have any powers at all, it's just some kind of practice that i've been following for a few years now.” i shrugged.

“wow, that sounds so cool!” rachel exclaimed whilst eating her food. “can you teach us about this practice of yours? i'm invested.”

i chuckled at rachel's request. “sure, why not?”

as the three of us laughed around, rodrick went back again with his lunch tray.

“can i please sit now?” rodrick asked as he glanced at the two, desperately trying to kick them off the seat.

“rude.” i hear melissa mutter, making me chuckle.

“we can talk more about it on the next period.” i said to the both of them, making them nod in reply as they got their lunch trays and continued walking to find another table.

i continued eating my burger as rodrick sat on the other side of the seat, waiting for him to speak.

“well you seem giddy today.” rodrick sighed while picking up a plastic fork. “weren't you just venting about how your life sucked ass the other day?”

i sighed at his question. “yeah i know. you see rodrick, sometimes i snap right back into this normal emotional state like a switch. but if one minor inconvenience fucks up my day, the switch flips itself into that hazel you've seen yesterday.”

“yikes, what a bummer.” rodrick grimaced.

“eh, you'll get used to it eventually. it's normal.” i shrugged as i took a french fry from rodrick's plate.

“oh i almost forgot,” rodrick cleared his throat. “are you free this afternoon?”

i rolled my eyes and groaned as i took my juice box. “fine, you can take me out on a date. is that what you want to hear?” i joked, making rodrick look all flustered.

“no i–” rodrick sighed, stuttering at his words. “what i was about to say is that my band and i are having rehearsals today. maybe you'd like to come join?”

“will there be food?”

“uh—i could…just ask bill to buy pizza for us.”

“if there'll be food involved, you know i'm coming.” i brushed off crumbs off my hands then fold the paper from the burger. “what time?”

“i guess around 5:30?” rodrick said as he started chugging his water bottle. "our rehearsals are usually 2 or 3 hours long so feel free to go home early if you wanna."

“i'll think about it,” i then placed the folded wrapper in one of my bag's front pockets so i could throw them out later. “but i will visit for sure.”

i then took out my earphones then started to play some music while waiting for rodrick to finish his lunch.

his mouth was stuffed, which i assume is because he didn't want to miss the bell.

“god rodrick, you eat like a pig. could you please stop chewing so loud?” i said, leaning on my hand.

“you're wearing your earphones, why not turn your volume all the way up?” he responded.

i pressed the plus button repeatedly just to find out that the volume was already all the way up. “they are!”

"sad, your music probably isn't as loud as mine." he mocked, chomping on another fry.

"ha ha ha so funny." i rolled my eyes. "look, girls won't like you if you're going to act like that. at any minute, you could choke on your food."

“who cares? i'd like to get choked anyway.”

i scoffed. “whatever.” the bell suddenly started to ring, making everyone rush out the cafeteria.

“yeah, i'm gonna leave you alone now.” i stood up from my seat then took my bag. “i uh…i'll see you after school.”

“seeya!” rodrick said in a really cheerful tone.

good lord of all the boys in this school, why him? why should he be the one who wants to be friends with me?

i shook my head at the thought then headed straight to my next class.

⟩⟩⟩

after rodrick drove me home and catching some z's i got up from my bed then tiptoed towards the closet, looking for something to wear. i don't wanna go out there looking like i just got out of bed.

i took my hoodie from my chair then slipped on a pair of jeans.

“noelle?” i shouted, bending down on my bed to find my shoes. “is it okay if i go to the heffley's house?”

“why, what for?” she shouted back, making me hit my head on the bed by accident.

“band practice!”

“yeah, sure whatever!”

i wore my socks and shoes then ran as fast as i could downstairs.

oh wait shit, i forgot my glasses.

i ran back upstairs, wore my glasses on, then rushed through the door without saying goodbye to noelle.

it was 5:27 in the afternoon and i didn't want to be late. besides, rodrick's house isn't that far away.

i can't believe i chose to go to rodrick's stupid band rehearsal than doing this than doing my math homework, jesus christ.

as i got to the heffley's, i walked towards their door then pressed the doorbell on my right, waiting for someone to open it.

“rodrick–” mrs heffley paused mid-sentence.

“i got it!” rodrick's voice echoed through the door as heared loud footsteps getting closer and closer.

he eventually opened the door with his hair all tousled up and his eyes were harshly drawn with dark eyeliner.

“well you're right on time.” rodrick leaned to the side of the door.

“yep, and i see you still can't use eyeliner properly.” i pointed out while entering the living room, seeing two kids playing video games on the tv.

“oh hi hazel, what brings you here?” mrs heffley greeted me with a hug, which i find awkward considering the fact that she and my mom are rivals.

“rodrick…um…invited me to band practice.” i forced a smile, trying to be nice as possible.

“ooh i see,” susan glanced at rodrick, who was drinking a glass of water in the kitchen. ”are you joining rodrick's band and perform in plainview's talent show?”

"well—no, i'm just here because he invited me to you know..." i awkwardly laughed as i tried to think of what to say.

mrs heffley rose an eyebrow. “to…? to what?”

“mom, i invited hazel so she could help me with our band rehearsals.” rodrick added, making her nod in reply.

“well have fun kids!” susan waved her hand as rodrick pulled me by the wrist then started walking away.

“yeah but not too much fun! i'm trying to do something here!” a guy shouted, which i assume was rodrick's dad.

rodrick then took me to this open storage room that had a drum set, an amplifier, and wires. like, lots of wires.

“spacious.” i shrugged, dropping myself to a loveseat that was placed near the window. “so, where are the others?”

“they're on their way,” rodrick twirled one of his drumsticks then sat on his stool. “i see you're probably interested into what masterpiece we're going to perform for this talent show.”

“nah man, i just can't wait to see you flop this year's talent show like what you guys did last time in battle of the bands.” i smirked, making him scoff.

“wanna bet?”

“depends on what you're about to bet but i guess sure.” i leaned on both of my hands. “if our band wins, you gotta pay me 5 bucks.”

“and if i win, you'll have to kiss me.” rodrick smirked as he pointed at me with his drumstick.

i scoffed. “yeah, like that's going to happen. these suckers ain't going to kiss anybody at any moment. not even your stupid face. the juliettes and i are gonna kick your ass, just you wait.” i stood up then walked towards rodrick.

he smirked. “we'll see about that.”

“good eve you guys!” ben and chris barged in the room carrying two amplifiers and their instruments. “oh, and i see miss lee is here to see us too.”

“hey seagull.” i gestured as the two plugged their amplifiers on an electrical outlet then opened their guitar cases.

“is bill coming too?” chris asked rodrick, tuning his bass guitar.

“yeah, he just texted me. he'll be here sooner or later.” rodrick responded.

“so hazel...” ben grinned while tuning his electric guitar. “what brings you here?”

“rodrick invited me here to watch you guys rehearse for the talent show.” i placed both of my hands behind my back, glancing on their almost fancy looking instruments.

ben then switched the amplifier on and strummed his electric guitar. “so rodrick, shall we show miss hazel lee our song we've been working on?”

“ooh please! i'll just sit right here and listen.” i sat right back on my seat then hugged my knees.

"okie dokie artichokie. chris? rodrick?" ben signaled, making the two of them fix their positions. “by the way, criticisms are always welcome.”

rodrick held both of his drumsticks high. “ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR!”

WE ARE LODED DIPER!!!” the three shouted in unison as rodrick made a beat.

wOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!! ben shouted, making my eyes widen. it was loud enough to make my ears bleed, but they're off to a good start.

❝ they told us we were losers and we can't do nothin' right
they said we'd never make it but just look at us tonight

EX-PLO-DED DIPER!!!!
it's in yo' face!
EX-PLO-DED DIPER!!!!
all over the place!

i sat there on my chair stomping my foot to the beat, trying to look like i was actually hooked into their music. well, the song wasn't that bad but geez, it sounded like some 13-year-old wannabe rockstar wrote this.

EX-PLO-DED DIPER!!!!
we can't be stopped!!
EX-PLO-DED DIPER!!!!
your head is gonna pop!!!
EX-PLO-DED DIPER!!!!

you can't keep us down
we're gonna hit the fan!
and rock this sleepy town!!

the three ended the song with a short outro.

“that's all we have so far, the song isn't really finished yet.” ben scratched his head.

i stood up from my chair, clapping my hands as i walked towards to them.

“wow, that…was…hideous.” i laughed. ben's smile faded into a frown. ah shit wait not ben, he seems like a nice guy. i have to take it back. “look, don't take it too seriously. i mean, it is. but it isn't really that bad. who composed it?”

“chris and i did. right dude?” ben gave him a high five as the two got along.

“and uh who wrote the lyrics?”

“i did.” rodrick said, raising his hand.

“as expected.” i shrugged then continued to walk around the room. “well, the lyrics were great but the execution? eh…needs more work.”

“nice one, hot rod. high-five.” ben chuckled, giving rodrick a high-five.

i bent down on ben's amplifier turning random knobs from left to right, trying to make the sound quality better.

“hey ben, could you play a chord in your guitar real quick?” i asked as i pushed myself up. “just any random chord.”

ben strummed the chord A5, making a more grungey and crunchy sound.

“there we go, your guitar needs more distortion.” i pat ben's shoulder then moved to chris's spot. “your bass also needs to be a little louder since the guitar is overpowering you, i couldn't hear your bass.”

“copy that, ma'am.” chris crouched to adjust his volume on his amp.

“will there be a solo riff in the song too?” i asked, stepping back to give them space.

“yep, that's bill's part.” chris replied while he practiced his bass from the song.

“hey, you're gonna join plainview's talent show too right?” ben acknowledged. “got any idea what you're going to perform yet?”

“not yet, we're still choosing between 2 songs to perform. we just started practicing songs again just last week.” i shrugged my shoulders, plopping myself back down the seat. “we post videos in the internet too so we usually practice for recordings.”

“that's sick.” chris nods his head in approval.

rodrick stood up from his stool. “hey wait, what about the song? is my writing okay?”

“yeah, yeah, it is. just keep on writing it whatever.” i rolled my eyes.

a guy all of a sudden knocked the wall, grinning as he held his his guitar and his equipment.

“bill, you made it!” rodrick rushed out of his place, making him trip on one of the wires. he did manage to get up and greet him with a hug though.

“so, whose babe is this?” the long-haired dude pointed at me.

“oh she's rodrick's chick.” ben replied as he smirked at me.

“no, i am not rodrick's chick.” i aired quotations which caused rodrick to laugh.

“alright, so where do we begin?” bill plugged his guitar on an amplifier then started chatting with chris and ben.

rodrick sprinted towards the seat next to me then sat beside me. “you see that guy over there? that's the guy i told you about back in the van.”

“i don't know man, i don't like him. he seems fishy.” i grimaced, staring at bill laughing. “say, how old were you again when you met this guy?”

“i was 13.” rodrick replied.

“that's kind of creepy, man.” i added, scooting a little closer to rodrick's side. “he looks like he just got drenched by piss; he even smells like piss.” i sneered as bill let out a fart in the room. gross.

“i know but i swear, he's great. i know him. he's great when it comes to anything rock n' roll.” rodrick stated as bill hit rodrick's  drums by accident. “also, isn't that how rockers should look like?”

“what, a sore loser who hasn't took a shower for 3 weeks?” i bickered. “being a rockstar doesn't mean not forgetting to take care of their personal hygiene, dipshit.” i groaned, pulling myself up from my chair then got out of the room because good lord, i feel like i need to wash my hands after meeting bill.

“hazel, come on!” rodrick followed me until we got to the living room.

“dude chill, i just need to breathe. i'm not leaving. just get back in there.” i shoo-ed, making rodrick drag his bum back in the room. leaving me and rodrick's brother in the couch.

greg and rowley mashed random buttons on their controllers as they played silently. i just sat there for 2 minutes watching them beat some kind of monster.

“oh hey, hazel right?” greg spoke which made me nod in reply. “i'm greg heffley, nice to meet you.”

“yes, i already know who the both of you are.” i tried to act politely by being soft since they're—well, kids. even though i hate them. “so, about your brother, what's he like?”

“he's…well…annoying,” greg shrugged. “and really evil. but that's just my opinion.”

“yeah, i get that. siblings am i right?” i joked which caused greg to chuckle.

“i don't have a sibling.” rowley acknowledged in a very cheerful tone.

“good for you, i guess.” was all i said. noelle was right, rowley does seem very childish and bright. i see why people find him likeable.

“yeah, good for you rowley. having a sibling sucks—like a lot.” greg complained. “you don't get to deal with sharing stuff at all.”

“hazel, could you help me on something for a sec? the amp started to act up all of a sudden.” ben rushed out of the room as he grabbed my hand.

“hang on, i'll be right back boys.” i followed ben back to the room then tuned the random knobs of the amplifier again while still trying to stay away from bill. no offense, but i'd rather eat sand than staying in a room where he's in.

no wonder rodrick was such an asshole.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 3.3K 20
You're a member of Löded Diper. You've been their bass guitarist for as long as the bands been together. Everything is normal until you and Rodrick d...
101K 1.6K 17
A weird mash-up between 'diary of a wimpy kid' and 'Sex Education' Rodrick Heffley x female!reader (MINORS DNI!!)
402K 9.8K 14
✗ he thought he was the most badass teenager. that was the case until she moved in across the street. join the movement y'all: #notmyrodrick note: i...
142K 3.1K 17
"What's up with this weird book you guys always share?" "It's not weird, jerk." (no smut) Rodrick Heffley x female!reader