Fight With You - Daryl Dixon...

Von IWriteStoriesNotSins

It's weird to think that life turned out like this. The dead walking, people turning on each other, felling l... Mehr

Quick Note
Random timeline thing
Chapter 0.5
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter 7 . 5
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19: TS-19
Chapter 20
New OFFICIAL Timeline

Chapter Five

38 1 37
Von IWriteStoriesNotSins

Apologies

I walk to the front of the building and into the store to see Andrea and Rick walking towards the front section. There were walkers practically climbing over each other in an effort to get to the glass doors at the entrance, the only things standing between them and their next meal.

As I reach them, Andrea strikes up a conversation - well, more of an apology.

"Sorry for the gun in your face." She blurts out. It was an awkward sentence in general, but the way she said it seemed forced.

Rick turned to look at her, me behind her giving the 'I dunno man' shrug. 

"People do things when they're afraid." he brushed off the apology as if it was an everyday occurrence, which it probably was, given he was a Sheriff.

I swear, only Americans can get a gun to the face one minute, and be cool the next. If this was England, one of them - if not both - would have a shank in the side and their wallet and keys would be gone. Americans are just laid back with guns I guess.

I mean, up until the start of all this, I'd only used a pistol twice in my life, both in England, and at the dumb American Style Shooting Range, where the slogan was 'Nice Shootin, Tex'.

Corny as fuck, I know.

Andrea shrugged as she walked past Rick. "Not that it was entirely unjustified. You did get us into this."

'No, it was unjustified you twat.' I groan subconsciously, 'Either way, you would've been stuck here since you have no transport, the rest of your group wont answer their walkies, and there was a jam-packed street full of walkers directly left of your street.'

But I just said that in my head, so nobody heard it but me.

Rick seemed to see my inner turmoil and his lip twitched upward for a moment.

"If I get us out, would that make up for it?" he half-joked.

"No," Andrea barely gave it a thought, "but it'd be a start."

"A pretty good start, you gotta admit." I smiled, patting Ricks back as we look towards the glass doors and the horrors beyond.

Rick turned to Andrea, gesturing to her gun.

"Next time though, take the safety off." Andrea seemed startled by the comment by how her shoulders stiffened and she didn't blink. "It won't shoot otherwise."

"Oh."

I chuckled at her reaction, hoping it wouldn't be taken offensively.

"That's kinda the reason I didn't step in before."

 Rick shook his head with a smile, readjusting the pistol in the back of his waistband. "Is that your gun?"

Andrea held said gun, looking at it like it was precious. Damn, Sméagol, calm down will ya?

"It was a gift. Why?"

Rick held out his hand, crossing the store floor to Andrea and taking the gun, He clicked off the safety, showing where and how to do so.

"Little red dot means it's ready to fire." He hands her back the gun, nodding. "You may have occasion to use it."

 Andrea stood there dumbfounded for a second before nodding back.

"Good to know."

______________

I was browsing the jewelry section with Andrea after picking 2 t-shirts, a tank top, and a pair of shorts.

I had found a matching set of Yin Yang necklaces, those cheesy ones that teenagers would get and parade around like a new phone.

"Heh." I chuckle, picking them up and holding one in each palm.

Andrea looks up from the earing to see what I'm smiling so fondly at.

"What is it?" she asks, putting back the janky mustard yellow dangle earrings she had picked up before.

"It's nothing." I laughed, "Just these Yin Yang necklaces, they remind me of my best friend - the one I came to America with. It's the type of thing we would laugh at together, but end up getting anyway and liking them."

Andrea smiles sadly. "That's really sweet."

"You would've loved her. She was one hell of a bad bitch, nothing could kill her..." I stare at the yang necklace and inhaled sharply. "At least that's what I thought."

Andrea stares for a second before nodding and going back to browsing the jewelry while Rick practically patrols the store window. I put them back on the table since I already had a necklace, which so happened to be handmade and one of two. Jess had the other one.

They were pieces of slate that Jess had found, that perfectly resembled guitar picks.

I think Andrea found something she liked, as she makes a loving sigh.

I look over to see her holding a mermaid necklace. It was cute, I have to admit.

"See something you like?"

Rick came out of nowhere, scaring the absolute shit out of me. I put my hand over my heart as I sigh heavily.

"Jesus, Rick! Gimme a  warning next time."

They both laugh shortly before Andrea answers.

"Not me, but I know someone who would..." She eyes the trinket kindly. "My sister. She's still such a kid in some ways. Unicorns, dragons... She's into all that stuff. But mermaids... They rule. She loves mermaids."

I had to admit, it was a nice necklace. Her sister must still be a teenager, 16 maybe.

"Why not take it?"

Andrea scoffs, looking up for a second. "There's a cop staring at me."

Rick chuckles.

"Would it be considered looting?" She furrows her eyebrows.

I smile at her and close her fingers over her palm.

"If it was, then we'd all be criminals." I wink, patting my bag where I'd stuffed the clothes.

"I don't think those rules apply anymore." Rick shakes his head, a soft smile gracing his lips. "Do you?"

We have a silent moment, and everything feels calm.

But that doesn't last for long. It never does.

The silence is shattered by the splintering of the first glass door, the walkers piling into the porchway of the store. The walker with the brick - seriously, what the fuck though. Why and how is this walker holding a goddamn brick - went straight to work with the inside door. 

Rick moves forward towards the door and is posed and willing to shoot. I follow suit as the rest of the group downstairs flood in, including Glenn and Morales who look just as frightened as the rest of us.

"What did you find down there?" Rick calls, pistol in hand and ready.

Morales shakes his head.

"Not a way out."

"We need to find a way..." Andrea sighs, " And soon."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

142K 3.8K 80
'๐™‡๐™ค๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™›๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ. ๐˜ผ๐™˜๐™˜๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ, ๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฎ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ. ๐™„ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ข๐™–๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™– ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š...' *** H...
18.4K 258 23
People die, they leave, they lie... But most importantly people change. Those things are the things that Thea Thomas is forced to realize after the w...
582K 17.7K 124
"As long as you're in it, Wills, I've got the world already." | *๐”๐šธ๐ƒ๐šจ๐“๐„๐’ ๐„๐•๐„๐‘๐˜ ๐–๐„๐„๐šฑ* | Willow never thought she'd belong to a group u...
338K 9.6K 104
[seasons 4 - 11 ] STRANGERS TO FAMILY, ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™– ๐™œ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™ค๐™ง๐™จ ๐™–๐™ข๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™™๐™š๐™–๐™™ ๐™ข๐™–๐™ ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ž๐™ง ๐™ฌ๐™–๏ฟฝ...