The Golden Heart (Yuno Grinbe...

By strawhatyuna

The three leaves of the clover represent faith, hope, and love. Within a fourth leaf dwells good luck. Within... More

Chapter 1- Clover Kingdom
Chapter 2- The Golden Dawn
Chapter 3 - First Mission
Chapter 4 - Attack on Kiten
Chapter 5 - Questions and Answers
Chapter 6- Training
Chapter 7 - Mission with Yuno
Chapter 8 - Hage Village
Chapter 9 - Rescue
Chapter 10 - Home
Chapter 11 - Festival
Chapter 12 - Date
Chapter 13 - True Power
Chapter 14 - Anger
Chapter 15 - Where is she?
Chapter 16 - I'm sorry
Chapter 17 - Trial
Chapter 18 - Royal Magic Knights Exam
Chapter 19 - Another Mission
Chapter 20 - What I Haven't Told You
Chapter 21 - Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 22 - Plans
Chapter 23 - The Raid
Chapter 24 - Elves
Chapter 25 - Magic Dance
Chapter 26 - The Lives in Which We Save
Chapter 27 - Battle for the Kingdom
Chapter 28 - Hylia
Chapter 29 - Resolve
Chapter 30 - Evaluation
Chapter 31 - Merry Christmas
Chapter 32 - Back to the Beginning
Chapter 33 - Origins
Chapter 34 - A Rift
Chapter 35 - "Special" Training
Chapter 36 - Forgiveness
Chapter 37- Marking
Chapter 38 - In the Witches forest
Chapter 39 - Promise
Chapter 40 - Changes
Chapter 42 - To The Heart Kingdom
Chapter 43 - Transparency
Chapter 44 - The Battle Begins
Chapter 45 - A Crumbled World
Chapter 46 - A Race Against Time
Chapter 47 - Devil Host Nacht Faust
Chapter 48 - Attack In the Spade Kingdom
Chapter 49 - To Protect The Faraway Future
Chapter 50 - Kaito's Story Part 1
Chapter 51 - Kaito's Story Part 2
Chapter 52 - Kaito's Wish and Yuno's Resolve
Chapter 53 - Meeting
Chapter 54 - Awakening
Chapter 55 - Return of the Second Princess
Chapter 56 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 57 - Clover Magic Knights Unite
Chapter 58 - Conclusion
Chapter 59 - For Forever

Chapter 41 - Solo Mission

1.6K 62 29
By strawhatyuna

OKAY BUT IM CRYING RN I WATCHED THE LAST EPISODE AND SOBBED (even tho i read the manga) I love black clover so much I'm gonna miss it so much BUT I KNOW IT'LL BE BACK

So question of the day: What is your favorite thing about black clover?

My favorite thing about black clover is just how everyone has a story and you can learn something from just about everyone in the show. Like even the smaller characters have their own story and character development, it's just so cool to me. Also every single opening SLAPS

Like whoever picks them should get an award

Anyways enjoy the chapter! Much love <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pants of exhaustion escape my lips as I swiftly dodge the trees and bushes blocking my path. The footsteps of my enemies draw closer and closer as I notice a chasm in the distance. Not seeing any other option I jump off the ledge, feeling my body begin to fly down, when Kaito flies out of my coat and I go into spirit dive. Flying back up, I quickly take care of the men that were following me, gracefully dancing through the air as my attacks knock them out. I search their bodies and pockets, bags and everything, finding nothing but wrappers and useless things. Letting out a sigh, Kaito and I begin to move across the chasm, continuing to look.

"So my mission is to....?"

"The Dark Triad is looking for this wand. It's actually a key that opens a seal the first wizard king had placed on the devils."

"Devils?"

He glances back toward me, leaning back on his desk. "I'm sure you're familiar with the story of how Lumiere Silvamillion Clover became the first wizard king"

"He slayed a demon didn't he?"

"A devil possessed one of the elves and he saved everyone. Some other devils were also set free, so he had to seal them away. Here's a rough sketch of what the key looks like"

He hands be a paper with a drawing of what it looks like, causing both Kaito and I to narrow  our eyes

"So we're looking for a stick?"

"It's not just a stick, it could help us in the fight"

"Alright, you got it captain"

"Ugh!" I let out a loud groan, throwing my head back against a tree, completely frustrated with this mission

"Y/n come look at this" Kaito calls from back on the other side, gaining my attention. He quickly flies over, handing me a small map. "There was another one of them behind one of the trees and he had this"

"This leads to...the village just south from here. The one we passed"

The two of us start making our way back where we came, silence filling the air, neither of us exactly sure what to say. Despite only being together for a short period of time, the both of us have shared a deep connection that feels like we've been together for a lot longer, but I know this entire situation makes him just as nervous as it makes me. His expression tells me that much. I rub my finger over the mark on my wrist, letting out a breath as the village comes into view. Kaito changes into his human form just before we emerge from the woods, the both of us letting out a breath. One of the women walking by makes eye contact with me, sending me a gentle smile and beginning to approach me.

"A magic knight! From Golden Dawn of all squads! Welcome to our village, but what are you doing here?"

"Just passing through from a mission. I thought I'd walk and enjoy the scenery instead of heading straight back to base."

"I see, well perhaps you would like something to eat then?"

"Sure, thank you"

She begins to walk toward her house, a bag of fruit in her hands and some other villagers watching her movements closely, almost as if they were all weary of her. Kaito and i exchange glances as opens the door to her home, decorated in complete darkness. When she turns on the light, I notice the dust prominent around the bookshelves and desktops, almost like no one has been here for years.

"I apologize for the mess, I haven't gotten around to cleaning this place in a while. Now, what would you care to eat?"

"Anything is fine...thank you Ma'am"

As she moves to the stove, I gaze around the room, looking closely at my surroundings. Nothing in here particularly stands out, then again everything is covered in dust which makes it hard to analyze anything.

'3 windows, wooden door, chimney. All can be used as escape routes'

"I'm surprised you haven't asked about this house. Normally people would" she breaks the silence while continuously stirring soup in the pot.

"I didn't think it was my place to. But if you would like to talk about it" I pause, a taking a deep breath. "You can confine in me."

She smiles softly, stopping the stirring for a moment. "My husband died" she doesn't say much else for a little while, but continues. "He was a magic knight, and the reason this village prospered."

"May I ask how he died?"

Her breath hitches for a moment, but nevertheless, she answers. "A devil"

My eyes widen at her answer, while Kaito's narrow, his hand clutching tightly to the sketch the captain gave us. I tug on my sleeve, hiding the marking from her as she turns around, placing three bowls of soup on the table.

"Since then the village had to fend for themselves after that, the kids have been training their magic so they can become magic knights when they come of age. While for me, there's nothing I can really do. I'm a older women, and my magic is not nearly as powerful as it should be to become a magic knight."

"I'm sorry for your loss....I know what it feels like"

She smiles softly, handing me a spoon and begins to eat some of her soup. "I'm glad someone understands me at least."

We eat in silence for a while, and I sense the mana of others surrounding the house. Kaito and I exchange glances, then look at the women who just smiles softly and continues to eat.

"Ma'am...what is your magic?"

She stops, placing her spoon on the table and making eye contact with me. "Curse warding"

"So that's why..."

"Exactly. That's why the villagers look at me with such fear, because of my magic. They think I'm going to curse them" she finishes her meal, resting her chin on her hands. "You've asked a lot of questions magic knight. I don't even know your name"

"Ooh...it's y/n"

"Y/n...a beautiful name" she takes a deep breath. "Now, what's the real reason you came to this village?"

Kaito and I glance at each other, both nodding our heads. He hands her the piece of paper and she opens it, studying it closely.

"I was sent on a mission to find this. It's a key that some of the devil hosts from the spade kingdom want. The map we found on some treasure hoarders showed that it was here in this village."

"Yeah....it is. It was one of the things my husband took from a dungeon once. Everyone thought it was extremely valuable because of the jewel in the middle, so we were meaning to sell it soon, but we just never got around to it. Why do the devil hosts want it?"

"To open the seal the first wizard king placed on the devils."

Her eyes widen, then she looks down at the table hands beginning to shake. After a moment, she collects herself and looks back up at me. "I'll take you to it"

We leave the house, everyone crowded outside already waiting for us. She looks at them, gently smiling as she walks toward another house just across hers. She pushes open the door, then opens up a trap door on the floor, motioning for me to follow her down. Once under, she opens the case where the key lies, allowing me to grab it for myself. As I approach it, however, it flies up, chains surrounding it. My fingers only graze the bottom of it, but the marking on my wrist begins to glow, and the chains break, allowing the key to fall into my hands. I roll up my sleeve to see the marking gone and the key glowing brightly.

"That's strange." She whispers. "That's never happened before"

"Thank you ma'am, for everything you've done to help me. I must be getting back to my squad now."

"I understand, take care y/n"

Kaito and I, after emerging to the surface once more, stretch our arms and begin heading back to base.

"Well the mission is done now, guess we should hurry back..." he trails off, looking up to the sky behind us.

"Something wrong-" I am cut off by Kaito throwing himself on me, causing us to fall back. A stone amount of Mana surges passed us, causing my eyes to widen. A women dressed in dark clothing with a menacing smile flies above us, her sinister laughter sending shivers up my spine.

"Looks like it worked" she laughs, crossing her arms. "Thank you for doing all the hard work for me, I'll be taking that key now"

"Kaito! Spirit dive!" I fly up to her level, summoning my sword of light and getting ready to attack. Magic starts to surround her body, the purple magic taking the form of daggers. The throws them at me, making me fly around to dodge. She cackles, continuing to throw magic at me, putting me in a tight position.

'If i stop, I'll get hit...and i can't get close enough to her...i'm going to have to run'

I start flying away, only for her to start chasing me, continuing to throw her daggers. One of them flies right past my face, almost cutting my cheek, the ominous purple magic dripping from it.

'It's poison magic....that can't be good'

"Running now are we! Face me you coward princess!" she continues to cackle, causing my body to run cold. I continue to fly in zigzag motions, trying to escape her, when suddenly a spatial portal appears in front of me and i zoom into it, but not before one of her daggers hits my left thigh.

I fall flat on the floor, Kaito separating from me, and the both of us panting like dogs. "That was close...too close" he says in between breaths. I groan as i pull the dagger out of my leg, then use my magic to heal it and get rid of the poison. A breath escapes my lips as I look up and see Finral, Captain William, Captain Yami and the Wizard king. I stand up, handing Captain William the key and leaning on the wall, taking a deep breath trying to calm my heart rate.

"Good job Y/n" The wizard king says. "The women that came after you is one of the dark disciples."

"Dark disciples?"

"They word under the dark triad, their subordinates basically. They also have devil powers, but can't use it as well as the dark triad."

"I see...that explains her power and speed"

"Thank you for helping her out" Captain William bows to Captain Yami and the wizard king. "We should be returning to base now"

"Nice job completing your mission, now get some rest so you're ready to leave for the Heart Kingdom tomorrow"

I nod, salute the wizard king, and travel back to the base, thanks to Finral's magic. I bow to the captain, taking my leave back to my room, throwing myself on the bed and letting out a deep breath. Rolling over on my back, i move my arm over my eyes to shield them from the light.

Tomorrow is the day

The start of training

6 months, we have 6 months

Is that enough time?

Then again...does it really matter?

It has to be enough time

We have to stop them

For the Heart Kingdom's sake, the place I once called home

For Clover Kingdom's sake, the place I now call home

And my friends, the people who make me happy

I will protect them this time

And I won't fail

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 49 14
โ†ณ โ ๐˜ฝ๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ข๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฎ๐™–๐™ก๐™ฉ๐™ฎ '๐˜พ๐™–๐™ช๐™จ๐™š ๐™„'๐™ข ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ก๐™ก ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™๐™๐™š๐™ฎ'...
36.1K 1.1K 130
Tyrus, orphaned at a very young age was taken and raised in the Forsaken Realm, Hage Village to be exact by Father Orsi Orfai and Sister Lily Aquaria...
11.3K 304 17
The day you got the five leaf clover grimoire you was sold off by your family. Abused on the daily and trained for evil you set your sights on joinin...
70.2K 3.6K 33
โ๐–จ ๐—Œ๐—๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—…๐–ฝ'๐—๐–พ ๐–ผ๐–บ๐—Ž๐—€๐—๐— ๐—Ž๐—‰ ๐—๐—‚๐—๐— ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—Œ๐—๐—ˆ๐—โž ! sequel to where (hxh) Following the Yorknew fiasco, (y/n) leaves the safety of...