Miracle|√

By Exoticxrose

Miracle Deveraux Kind, forgiving, caring, smart and overall an amazing person. One of the nicest people anyo... More

|°°INTRO°°|
Prologue
Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Attention!!
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Thank you! &' Promotion

Chapter Twenty-five

753 10 4
By Exoticxrose

Miracle's POV

Walking (more like limping). from the kitchen, I noticed that Jace was right behind me, following me drunkenly through the hall. I didn't want to think the worst, so I just assumed he was going to the bathroom. That entire thought was crushed when I felt myself be pushed against the wall. I groaned in pain at the mild hurt I felt in my body after being struck.

"Hey Miracle." Jace said, his breath fanning my ear. I shivered in disgust at the proximity between us, his hands roamed my body, squeezing my hips roughly. He raised my shirt a little to the point where cold air was hitting my ass directly. He dragged his hands down, his fingers lightly grazing my ass. "What a great choice of clothing." He said licking the shell of my ear.

All I felt was disgust. He disgusted me. "Jace get off of me." I said, but my voice was barely above a whisper. Trying to push him off of me, but my body wouldn't let me. "No wonder Mathias ended up falling for you. You must be a lot of fun in bed." He said bringing himself closer to me, dropping his hands down to my ass, rubbing it harshly. "Oh I forgot, you're a virgin right? " He drunkenly slurred.

He traced the line of my panties making me freeze when he lightly tugged the fabric down. I tried to move but I was paralyzed by fear. Now I understand what my sister ment when she says fear will overtake your mind, paralyzing you. "Or has tonight changed that?" He asked as if he already knew the answer. He pressed his finger against my area, that's what snapped me out of it.

"Get the fuck off of me!" I said raising my leg up best I could to hit him where it hurts. When I succeeded he groaned clutching his groin. I pushed him away, running for the door to my room as he let out strings of curses behind me. I reached the room locking the door as soon as I got there.

When I looked up, Mathias was still asleep. I walked over to my bags, digging through it with shaking hands. I finally got ahold of my sleeping pills, walking into the bathroom. I got to the sink, popping one in my mouth without hesitation. Turning on the sink, I drank some water to swallow down the bitter, white oval shaped pill.

I looked at myself in the mirror; the silence was deafening as I took in my sunken appearance. My eyes were puffy, dried tears stained my cheeks, my body was shaking, my hair disheveled. I washed my face with the water leaking from the sink pipe I neglected to turn off. My hands dragged down my face, in a desperate attempt to remove any reminace of my sullen state.

Leaving the washroom, I traveled over to the other side of the room where the bed was. My mind raced with negative, self destructive thoughts as I just tried to focus on getting back to bed. Upon my arrival to the bed, I jumped in and got as comfortable as I could. Mathias put his hand on my shoulder, as I kept myself turned away from him.

"You okay baby?" He askes. Rubbing my shoulder gently. I flinched away from him slightly, but he didn't seem to notice. I just nodded, with a somewhat steady hum leaving my chapped lips. He kissed my forehead, pulling my in.

Ignoring the slightly alarming feeling that past over me, I was able to adjust to him until I was once again comfortable in his arms. I closed my eyes as the drowsynesss past over me.

I just need to sleep. It'll be better in the morning.

~
Recurring flashes of Jace rushed into my mind. Him touching me, violating me verbally.

"Let me go!" I said twisting my body away from his touch. They kept touching me, trying to rip my clothes off.

"Jace please let me go!" I tried to yell at them. They pushed me against the wall grinding up against me. "Miracle wake up." I heard echoing as the kept on pushing me. He kept at his sick moments over powering me. I kicked and I screamed. I kept on kicking and screaming till my body shot up.

"Leave me alone, please. Please let me go." I cried, my body shaking against the person holding me.

Shaking, kicking and screaming. Shaking, kicking and screaming. Shaking, kicking and screaming.

It wasn't until I could feel my mother running her hands up and down my hair that I stopped fussing.

"It's okay baby, it's okay. Momma's here, mommy's got you." She said kissing my forehead. My breathing was ragged, my vision blurred, my skin doused in sweat as tears dripping down my chin to my chest. When my vision was better, I was able to see who was in the room. I looked at my sister and brother who held worried expression. Mathias was more of a fusion of rage and worry.

I sighed, pulling myself away from my mother's grasp. She was hesitant, but I assured her that I was alright. I walked over to the bathroom, surprisingly, I was uninterrupted. I washed my face with some water. After doing so, I re-entered the room. My sister wouldn't stop staring at me. It was until she was able to make eye contact with me that made the tear slip. "He tried to rape you. Didn't he?" She said covering her mouth to stop the squeal. I turned away from her, stiffly nodding my head.

"I'm gonna kill him." Mathias said grabbing his shirt and shoes. I ran to him before he could get to the door, blocking his path. "Captain please, now is not the time." He tried getting me out of the way, but couldn't manage to find a way to do so without hurting me.

I somehow convinced him to just leave it until after school. He reluctantly agreed to do so, also he had to because he didn't have his car. My mother and sister tried to convince me to not go because it could end up affecting me at school. I refused to do so constantly pushing that I was fine.

I most certainly was not. But I had to make sure Mathias didn't do anything stupid. After I took a shower; I got dressed in a simple baby blue skirt and a grey top. My family wouldn't stop staring at me. My mother was the first one to get to me, she hugged me, muttering that she was sorry. I assured her that none of it was her fault and that none of them should think it was.

"Be careful." My brother said giving me a hug. Maddie joined in but didn't say anything. I wished them goodbye before taking my keys and walking outside to meet Mathias already by my car. I opened it, hoping in, as did Mathias. I made my way out of the driveway and onto the road, driving off.

~

We got to school and walked inside. Once we got inside, the worst possible thing happened, while walking to my locker.

I bumped into Jace.

Mathias pulled me away from him, staring at him with hatred in his eyes. Jace looked at him weirdly as I tried pulling him away. He walked off with a confused mumble. Once I was sure Jace was far enough, I picked up Mat's hand, rubbing his knuckles with the pad of my thumb. "Baby, you have to relax." I said to him as he inspected the area behind him, as if Jace would magically appear. I was about to speak when my phone rang. I answered it, before pressing it to my ear, seconds later.

I didn't bother looking at the caller ID since I hardly got calls from anyone outside my friends or family. "Hello?" I called questioningly through the smart device clasps tightly by my friends. "Morning babygirl! Is Mathias with you?" Lucious asks through the phone. I nodded, then realized he couldn't see me so I confirmed it with a quick 'yes.' I handed the phone to Mathias, enabling him to speak with Lucious.

When they concluded the conversation he handed me my phone back. "What was that about?" I asked him. He walked up to me putting his arm over my shoulder, making me walk to the class I had with him. "Nothing. It was just something about my dad needing to talk to me." He said before leading us in class.

I said goodmorning to the biology teacher Mr Mathews , as did Mathias, which he returned. I sat in my usual wooded seat at the back of the class next Tony Martin a class mate of mine. "Hey," he was pretty quiet most of the time, only spoke when necessary, so it surprised me when he spoke to me without me saying something first. "Hi." I said quietly. Though class hadn't started, I was accustom to keeping a low voice in class.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, a bit hesitantly. I looked at him weirdly before nodding my head, questioning him as to why he asked. "You haven't seen the video?" He spoke increasingly louder. I shook my head, gulping audibly. This cannot be good, videos spreading around this high school are never good. He showed me a video of Tyler and I walking out of the mall, Tyler's arm was around my shoulder and I was wearing his jacket. I was holding my bag of mall snacks and food. Then I smiled at something he said and he kissed my temple.

The caption was "Disabled slut🤮♿" I was fronzen, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't think. Yes I know in the video meant what it looked like, and yes Mathias knew that nothing was going on with Tyler and I. I don't know why but I laughed.

I. Fudging. Laughed.

I started shaking with laughter. The audactisity of this person to call me a slut when they most likely don't even know me. I then scrolled down a bit (by accident) and was able to see the comments. I immediately stopped laughing.

"Desperate whroe." "Thirsty slut." "I can't believe she'd sleep around with one of his best friends." "Miss goody-too-shoes turned hoe." "Crippled high price hoe."

My heart sank to the bottom of my chest and suddenly I felt like shit. The level of pain I felt emotionally, was indescribable. My smile dropped as I handed the phone back to Tony. My minuscule arms fell back to their formation at the back of my side, growing despondent, I leaned back into my chair. I don't know why I was surprised. People will be people. I just had to accept it.

Tony tried to talk to me and cheer me up but I didn't really listen, just nodded everytime I thought he finished a sentence. By the way he sighed abruptly after his supposed fifth sentence, where I yet again: nodded at, thinking he was done. He gave up. I was in a sour mood the rest of class, only answering when called. The rest of class must have picked up on it: seeing as I was normally competing with Mathias to answer questions.

Nevertheless whether they did or not I couldn't care less, I didn't want the prying eyes of those whom I assumed saw the video on me. I could tell by the stares which people where which: The ones sending me sly comments, the ones who were talking to their friends about it. Then there were the ones sending pitied looks my way, the ones sending me messages during class trying to cheer me up. I just responded kindly to the three or four kind gestures.

At the end of class Mathias walked up to me leading me out of class with a concered look. We were at the teacher stopped us, he said that he needed to speak to me. He told Mathias to wait outside so he could speak with me privately. He sat at his desk while I stood in front of him. A sigh escaped his lips before he spoke.

"I don't know what happened, but I do know that it's not what it seems. I want to make sure you were okay after seeing that videos negative..." He cut himself off, not sure if to continue. "If you mean the comments, then yes I have seen them. Its okay sir, I'm fine." I finish. He looked as though he wanted to object, but just shook his head instead. He pulled me into an unexpected hug. I had to hide the discomfort I felt at first as an after affect of his abruptness, and the Jace situation.

Returning the gesture, I thanked him and then walked out of the class to meet Mathias.

~
LUNCH

I sat down picking at my food as my friends tried to make light conversation to make me feel better. Tyler apologized about the video as if it was his fault which pissed me off, it wasn't his fault. Latoya (I don't know her last name.) How is it that everyone in school knew everyone's full name? I never got that. Like, who takes time to know that?

Walked by my table and let a sly comment slip by. "Check out the crooked hoe, don't you think you've had enough fatty?" She laughed, her friend Kyla decided to join in.

"I'd watch my waight if I were you. Soon enough you're legs would be able to support you any longer." She snickered causing people close by/passers by to hear, making them snigger. I started shaking with anger, Zack hissed in anger telling them to buzz off, but in a more vulgar manner. They ignored him saying something along the lines of. "What are you screwing her too?" Angelica stood up but I to say something and at that point I was just tuning them out. But then I heard something that stood out.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you gave Jace a chance either, might as well bang the whole lacrosse team." She spoke but didn't get to finish. I moved so quickly that no one, not even I could fully register it I did it.

I slammed the my lunch tray in her face. "You guys are jokes, mrs lato-whore. At least I didn't fuck the entire basketball team. Ha, last I checked: I didn't have to have an abortion at the age of thirteen. And you: you have the audacity to call me fat! River ripples could break your washboard looking ass." I said to her watching as some people video tape and laughed, the rest watched intently. I rolled my eyes at the video tapers.

I knew by the end of the day this would be the new hot topic around school and its social media pages made by students.

Couldn't some things stay off of the media?

"Lastly, keep in mind: this crooked legged 'hoe' pulled the guy neither of your thirsty asses could grab." I spoke, walking out of the cafeteria. Some were cheering me on, including my friends but right now I didn't care for it. I walked out of the building and headed to the one reserved for boxing. I padded over to the closest punching bag, not even bothering to use the gear. I got close enough, then started hitting it with little to no force.

The more I hit it, the more memories flooded through, the more force went behind my punches. All the anger, all the hurt-all the pain.

The pain of thoes kids in 7th grade bullying me. Punch

Cathryn abandoning me and then backstabbing me. Punch

Cutting myself, feeling sorry for myself and moping around. Punch

Jace trying to rape me. Katey, Amara and Sydney attacking me in the park. Punch.

That videos comments. Thoes girls humiliating and slutshaming me. Punch Me being weak enough to let them do it. Punch

It hit me all at once making me feel back my fist concentrating all the pain into my fists- Blasting the sand filled punching bag with all the strength my cut ridden-knuckles could muster. As soon as my fists collided with the bag-I felt the bones in my fingers break. I pulled my hand by squealing in pain.

While I hopped around the room as ouches and ow's left my lips along with a string of Caribbean curses.

Someone called out to me. "Hey. Shit, are you okay?" Tha voice called out. I could hear footsteps approaching me vastly, making me look around to see if I could pin point it. The echo in here made it difficult to do so, I just had to wait till they came up to me. When they were in my line of vision, I took in their features, in search of familiarity. His prominent cheek bones, square jaw, brown hair and star boy build helped me to realize that it was Blake: football team captain.

Held my fist down at my side ignoring the excruciating pain coursing through. I sucked a harsh breath through my clenched teeth, breathing out slowly. "I'm fine," I spoke turning my gaze away from his bare chest that was on display. What was with the sporty guys at our school never wearing shirts? I mean, when I was single and had nothing to look forward to boy wise. I caught myself staring, but I have a way better deal going right now.

Blake was hot, yeah sure. He was just no longer the type of eye candy I liked. He took hold of my fist, inspecting it. "It doesn't look like you are." Blake spoke grazing his fingers over my knuckles. I hissed trying to pull it away but he held it tight. He let go walking over to the side I assumed he came from, taking a few minutes before returning. He came back in a black polo shirt and a bag over his shoulder.

He looked at me nodding towards the door. "Let's go, you need to see the nurse." I shook my head, muttering "no" softly. Think of me however you like but, I feeling a bit skeptical of him. Blake was one of the douches who used to tease me back in freshmen year, I was confused why he would help me. He tried again, not accepting my refusal. As if finally catching on, he sighed walking toward the bandages on the other side of the rather large boxing area.

He brought them to me, carefully asking my permission to treat my wounds. I nodded, vaguely mumbling a 'yes'. "Why are you helping me? I thought you hated me." I said, hissing as the mild cleanser touched my open cut. He apologized and began wrapping my hand. "I don't hate you." He said sounding apologetic that I even had the thought in my mind. I decided to be a bit bitter with my response.

"Could've fooled me. You basically helped a bunch of girls put me in the hospital when I was fifteen." I spoke bitterly. He looked away from me, appearing as though he was ashamed. Blake confirmed that he felt ashamed of his actions in the past and that he was going through a rough time with his family, so he brought his anger onto me. He apologized and finished patching me up.

"Have you seen-" I asked feeling somewhat obliged to ask. "The video? Yeah I've seen it." The chiseled faced brunette rubbed the back of his neck nervously, as if shy to speak. I was just about to intervene when he cut me off. "I know that it isn't what it looks like, I've known Tyler for years. He'd never move in on another guy's girl, especially not Mat's. Besides, I've noticed that that's just how the two of you act together." I nodded at his words feeling a sense of gratitude that someone other than my friends knew the truth.

Blake and I were laughing about some stupid stuff while we walked out when we bumped into Angelica. She grabbed my shoulders with a horrified look on her face. I told Blake goodbye and walked off with her. Once we were out of ear shot she asked. "Is it true? Did he really do that to you?!" She asked. I knew what she was saying by the time she said 'he' I look down at the tile flooring and nodded wordlessly.

"Then he deserves it. He deserves getting his ass kicked." She mumbled. My gaze snapped towards her in an instant. "Who's fighting?" I said my tone raised. When she resisted I turned away from her determined to find them myself. "It's Luce and Mathias. Their in the lot." She said reluctantly, she walked up to me and we ran over to the lot. Sure enough, Lucious and Mathias were beating the crap out of Jace, no one but Oliver was trying to stop them.

"Stop it!" I yelled at them running towards them. Tyler and Griffin held me back from getting too close to the fight. They were watching without an ounce of remorse for him. Don't get me wrong I despise Jace for what he did but they would put him in the hospital if they kept at it. Jace face was bleeding, I didn't even see him fighting back.

He was passed out.

I yelled at Tyler or Adrian, anyone to help him. After enough of my pleas they pulled them off of him. When Mathias saw me regret crossed his face, I shook my head and ran towards my car, I got in and looked the door. I grabbed I keys, putting it in the ignition, starting the car. I got out of the compound, then began driving off.

~
My back was pressed against the soft lushness of my comfortable mattress as I padded away on my phone trying to finish writing a chapter. In the years I've spent on Wattpad, I've found that I enjoyed writing stories of my own. I was currently working on one of my recent works "Till Death Do Us Part"

Since I got home, I've felt like shit. My back hurt, my arm was killing me and my knuckles spoke fo themselves. My mother was at work so it wasn't like I could bother her with it. I just did what Blake showed me in the boxing room to clean it every 2 hours. I finished my second cleaning a half an hour ago.

As the pain in my back worsened, I tried harder to ignore it. I was accustom to the occasional pain, after all I got them befor so what's the difference now. It's been happening since I was fourteen. I had been told that because of the way I walked, my spine had curved too deeply so their were often times pain would be possible.

They warned me that if I didn't try to better myself, I might become permanently paralyzed from waist down. I headed their word and did my best. As a child my back was really arched but over the years, I grew into it after cutting off my bad habit of tip toeing. The horrid habit of mine had me walking with one heel off the ground to the point where it hurt to keep it down while walking.

So as you can imagine, it was quite a task to get over.

The pain flowed through me as I rolled around in my bed moaning and groaning in agony. I wanted to yell for my mother or my siblings, but no one was here. My mother was working, Mads and Zavian were in school and I was too stubborn to call Luce or anyone for help.

After I finished my chapter, I left my phone unattended for a while just listening to myself think. Have you ever like had a conversation with yourself? Like contemplate life but with just you?

Call me crazy I really don't care, but have you? I often find it comforting to settle a debate with myself first rather than people, so that way I won't bother anyone by saying the wrong thing. You just plan a conversation that never happened yet in your head. You know, for insurance.

I heard someone trying to open the door to my room, I listened on to see if it was my mother. It was proven that it wasn't when I didn't hear her call. I grabbed the knife I hid in my draw sitting up straighter. The culprit managed to open it and I held the knife up. "Who the hell!-Mathias? What the fudge dude! Don't do that." His hands were up in surrender as he was switching his gaze from the silver weapon in my hand and me.

"Why did you get a-Why do you even have it?" He said looking at me as I put it down slowly, keeping my eyes down cast. He asked me again, this time I could hear him walking towards the bed. When he got close enough to sit a soft huff left his bruised lip. "Not talking to me huh?" He said sitting on the edge of my bed. I kept my self focused on my phone that I just turned on. I reopened wattpad and continued reading a book I recently started.

He just sat there waiting patiently for me to speak or acknowledge his presence. But me being me, the petty ass person I am ignored him. I felt the pain in my back begging to act up again, it was so bad that I couldn't help the pain filled noises that left me.

"Are you alright?" He asked me sounding worried. I just nodded my head in reply. "I'm fine. It's just a passing pain, it'll go away in a little while." I spoke softly, pain clear in my voice.

¡♡Exoticxrose♡!

Well that was something wasn't it. Damn. What did you feel reading this chap?

(If you are in any way confused as to why Miracle still has CP even though she walks flat. It is because her legs themselves are still bent to one of them bends over to the other. Also CP is permanent as of right now no one has a way of fixing her legs.)

QOTC: Do you know everyone in your school's first and last name?

Thank you guys again for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!

Vote if you enjoyed. Share if you think it deservest he recognition. Comment if you have something informative or nice to share.

See you next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

922 24 25
"Elle, why? Are you not happy here? Am I doing something wrong...?" His voice seemed to break when he was asking that last question. "No, it's not yo...
55 4 19
/dΙͺˈlΙͺΙ™riΙ™m/ /dΙͺˈlΙͺriΙ™m/ [uncountable] a mental state where somebody becomes excited and not able to think or speak clearly, usually because of illne...
446K 14.2K 62
nycβ€’toβ€’philβ€’ia | nik-tō-fil'Δ“-a - love of darkness or night;finding relaxation or comfort in darkness. β›“β›“β›“β›“β›“β›“β›“β›“β›“β›“β›“β›“β›“β›“β›“β›“ {EXTRACT} "Tell me Celeste,"...
969 108 14
My superpower is invisibility. Not by choice. It's the only way I know how to be. Until the cute guy on the bus shows me how to fly, but there's a c...