Miracle|โˆš

By Exoticxrose

Miracle Deveraux Kind, forgiving, caring, smart and overall an amazing person. One of the nicest people anyo... More

|ยฐยฐINTROยฐยฐ|
Prologue
Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Attention!!
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Thank you! &' Promotion

Chapter Twenty-three

825 17 1
By Exoticxrose

Mathias' POV

Miracle's birthday was in a four days, and I had no idea what to get her. Currently I was in her house with her family discussing what we should get her.

Her sister suggested getting her some of the paperback books she's been dying to have for a while. Her brother said, he was getting her some new shoes and a ring he had custom made for her.

On the other hand her mother and I suggested we each get her a gift separate, and then something we all bought together.

I sat on the couch thinking about it for a bit, before an idea popped into my head.

"She always talked about getting a car like the BMW I drive." I said to them. Seconds after I had the perfect idea for a birthday gift. "We should get it for her! She even has a specific color she wants it in." I said remembering what she said on our first date. How passionately she spoke about the car of her dreams.

"That's a great idea and we can all chip in on buying it for her." Maddie agreed smiling brightly at the thought of making her sister happy. In the time I spent with them and observing their bond, I came to realize, how their bond was. It was similar to her and Zavian's but not quite the same.

Yes of course they showed affection towards eachother, but it wasn't an everyday thing even when they weren't upset with one another they didn't always act lovey-dovey. That's just not how they operate. The truth was:

She wasn't always like this. Neither of them were. But she loves her sister very deeply. She especially, always jumped at the chance to make her happy. That's how they both acted towards one another.

"That's a good idea. But, we have no idea where or how we are going to get it. I mean come on her birthday is in four days!" Zavi's voice pulled me abruptly out of my thoughts. I registered his words before speaking

"I know where we can get it."

~23rd February Miracle's birthday~

"Good Morning love. Happy Eighteenth birthday." I whispered to her. She groaned and turned away. "I'll be Eighteen again tomorrow, let me sleep." I resisted the urge to fall to the ground laughing, and continued to shake her awake.

I opened the curtains in hopes of getting her up—But I forgot; this is Miracle I'm dealing with. I looked around the room, thinking of the one thing that would make her wake up, as I got up to walk over to the light switch. I heard her voice emerging. "Mathias." She said in a warning tone.

"Get up." I asked. She sunk herself deeper into the covers, preparing herself. "No."

Suite yourself.

I turned it on. As soon as I did I felt something hit me. I looked down too see that it was a shoe. Where did she get that? "Asshole." She muttered, still laying on the bed. "I didn't want it to come to this but you leave me no choice." I said, pulling the covers off of her.

I looked over at her and her eyes were twitching. I should run, right? She slowly got up and looked at me maliciously. Yeah I should've definitely ran.

She came up to me and grabbed me by my hair. Minuscule fingers wrapped theirselves around my hair and she dragged me to the door. Hisses and groans were leaving my lips constantly, though it appeared to have fallen upon deaf ears. She pulled me towards the stairs, then let go of my hair, readjusting our position. I was now standing to the side of her instead of being draged at the back.

She proceeded to grab my rather long brown hair, pulling me downstairs. I made sure to warn her about being careful not to trip—Yet still, she didn't listen. I swear, it's like my warnings go in one ear, just to go right back out the other. Coming down towards the last step; She tripped before I was able to stop her.

My movements were rushed as I went to pick her up. I heard a groan of pain leave her when her body collided with the tiled floor. I got her up and held her steady till she regained her balance. "You alright love?" I asked my voice soft, mildly plagued by worry. She nodded her head, muttering a thank you, a wide smirk stretched across her lips.

I regained a couple braincells I still don't know how I misplaced earlier—And ran.

I hid in the first place I could think of—behind Mrs  Deveraux's back. With my 6'4 stature, it made absolutely no sense for a teenager of my hight to try hiding behind a woman who is probably no more than 5'2. Nevertheless I was doing it with open arms. She looked at me with a confused smile as if she was trying to stop herself from smiling.

She then looked towards her daughter who had just entered the room. He mother was halfway through wishing her a happy birthday when she pointed a stick at me. "You!" She whispered lowly, a threatening tone seeping in to replace her soft voice. walking closer. I sank back into her mother even more.

She walked towards her mother and kissed her cheek. "Thank you ma." She said moving her arms to hug her. I saw the trap from a mile away so I ducked it moving past her. She screeched in frustration, causing a laugh to leave her mother's lips. She pulled away from her, trying to lunge at me. Her mother grabbed her before she could, running her hand down her head gently.

She calmed down almost instantly. Damn. I need to learn that. "How did you?" I asked baffled. Kayrene (Mrs Deveraux) was able to calm her down so quickly. From what I observed Miracle was a daddy's girl. Not in a bad/obnoxious way though. Whether she denies it or not, it dosen't change the fact that it's true.

"She may be a daddy's girl. But this one, comes to me for and about almost anything. She even sleeps in my room sometimes—So evidently; I trump her father." She hit her mom's shoulder playfully at mention of her being a daddy's girl. But agreed to anything else without an ounce of shame. Not that any of it is to be ashamed of.

I'd kill, to have that with my mom again.

After a bit we all settled down in the kitchen after eating breakfast. Zavian, Maddison, Luce and Angie were here aswell. A little while after we had finished eating, Miracle's mother disappeared to go look for something. When she came back I noticed she had something with her.

Lucious saw it and started hollering while Maddie and Zavian appeared indifferent. What was so special about that bottle that would have Luce acting so hyped on a Saturday at nine thirty in the morning.

When she walked back into the kitchen she retrieved two shot glasses, bringing it back to the table. She poured the clear liquid into the cup. As soon as she placed it down on the counter I took a look at it—It was called "Puncheon" it was an alcohol I came to realize seconds later, I wasn't familiar with.

Kayrene had handed the shot glass to Miracle, who was shocked to see that it was her who the drink had been offered to. I tried to contain my laughter as I watched Miracle try to convince her mother she'd never drank before.

"Baby, I know you've drank before there's no point in hiding it. Besides your legal now, so it's okay." Her mother laughed. Handing it to her, again. I was confused by what she meant by legal. Miracle was only 18, not 21. Noticing my confusion Kayrene explained it to me.

"You're legally considered an adult in Trinidad at 18, and you can drink at that age aswell." She explained further. I had to stop my mind from exploding. "Fuck, does that country get any better?" I exclaimed. I think I'm in love with that country, even after only one trip. They all nodded and smirked at me. Miracle had already downed the shot, a few minutes later, Angelica remained her that she needed to get ready.

~

Miracle's POV

I was swimming through my closet to find something to wear. My birthday was going to be spent at a beach house my father rented for me. So I was kind of in a dilemma as to what I was going to wear. I had swimsuits, but all of them seemed to have mysteriously disappeared. I turned towards Angie, my arms waving wildly as a sign that I was frustrated and needed her help.

Angelica was sitting on my bed with her lips pursed handing me a bag. I looked through it and brought out a black and gold one piece, with gold straps at the side covering on half, the other was a basic black swimsuit material covering the other. It was a bit skimpy but nevertheless I tried it on. When I came out, I did a little cat walk for her, causing us both to laugh at the end.

I asked her where her hers was and she pulled up her shirt to reveal the same one I was wearing. I loved it when we matched! Especially when we all did it together. I walked over to the bathroom to try on the other one as requested. I had the bottoms on but needed a little help with the bra. I covered my boobs as much as I could with my hands, and asked Angelica to tie it for me.

A knock at the door interrupted us, making me jump slightly.

I have this thing where I get really jumpy at a sudden sound or loud noise. It's been that way sinc seventh grade when Sonya one of my bullies pushed me off the slide. She just wouldn't stop harassing me. The more it happened the jumpier I got. "Baby? Come on we gotta hurry up so we can get there early."

I yelled back that I just needed five minutes more. He obliged and soon his footsteps faded into nothing. Angelica finished tying it and went to grab the other one to change into the one she also bought that matched mine. She changed right in front of me, though neither of us minded.

"So how come you got so, timid when you realized it was Mat?" She asked as I tied her top piece. "I mean he's seen worse, hasn't he?" I swallowed loudly at her inquiry. I shook my head "no" as a response. "You mean you two never?" She continued. When I shook my head again, she nodded and let it go.

We finished changing and then walked out.

We got in the car and I was bombarded by happy birthday's, hugs and kisses. I noticed adrian was in the back. "Happy birthday, Miracle." He said hugging me. I could see Mathias rolling his eyes, to which I did te same.

We all sat down in our seats and Zavian turned to us. "Now I know it's a day to celebrate. But, I don't want any of you couples getting ideas in here. Especially you two." He said pointing at Mathias and I. Mathias laughed resting his head in my neck. It was only then I noticed Zack had brought a girl here.

I don't think I've seen her around though. Maybe she from a different school. "I'm not ready to be an Uncle." He joked halfheartedly.

~

When we got there I was awoken by Mathias kissing my face. "Wake up baby, we're here." He said I turned my head when I noticed he was filming me. I groaned kissing him back biting his lip. He just watched me with a playful playful glare.

As soon as we got to the place I looked at the beach and went...crazy. "Ty? Ang?" I said taking my top off. "What ever you say, princess." Tyler smirked taking his shirt off. "It is your day." Angelica said her clothes already off, leaving her in her bathing suit. I looked back at Luce I swear it looked like he was ready to punch Griffin, Adrian and any other guy looking at her and I.

Mathias shared the same feeling about me.

"Stop staring at her ass." They said in unison. Angelica and I laughed. She walked up at to Lucious pulling his attention away from them and onto her, kissing him. "Come on." She said and just like that, Lucious was out of clothes. I sent a smile towards Mathias and ran very, gracefully towards the water before jumping in. Tyler came in right after.

All of us were on the beach having fun. Zavi and Selene were on drinks and Maddie was in here with us. I was like any other couple here. Except Angelica and Luce, they were inside doing God knows what.

"Mat, stop. That's a sensitive spot." I said moving his hand away from my right thigh. He raised an eyebrow as I placed his hand on my waist. He just nodded, a wicked smile on his face. He put his hand back there and started caressing it. I had to suppress the urge I had to moan. I moved my leg away from him, pouting. I then began swimming out to shore.

Mathias hot on my trail.

~
I was sitting down on the warm sand, my feet pressed into my chest, as my head layed comfortably on my knees. My eyes raked over the ocean veiw. I felt sad. For whatever reason, I just felt I dont know. Like who? Who gets sad after having an amazing day such as this?

I bit my lip to stop the flow of tears from breaking free. I don't need to have a break down right now. Especially not on my birthday. My lip wobbled as I held it down with my teeth. I admired the sunrise, it shone in all it's glory, even as its light dimmed: it was still so perfect.

The sun represented so much for me: It represented peace, happiness, hope, love. Though the sadness and about all that was, like the sun: Every single one of those things, dim and soon they will be gone. Just like the sun does at the end of the day.

Without me realizing, my two best friends of five consecutive years. Who have been with me through everything. Who've had my back, stuck up for me. Every. God given. Day.

I was done making them ask me if I was okay, and I lied to them by saying I was.

"I'm happy, so happy; That all I could think about, was how sad I'd be if I didn't have any of this to make me happy again." I said not looking at them, afraid that if I did I'd surely break. So I just kept my eyes on the water, watching the little ripples moving on the calm sea.

I let out a breath, they had stayed silent. Probably waiting for me to continue, so I did. "I just...This. All of it. I love it, like really really love it." I said cutting myself off, breathing shakily. Angelica bumped my shoulder lightly, as if to say: 'Go on.' I tried to speak but my voice wouldn't let me. My lips parted with the intention of speaking, yet closed immediately.

It was like I couldn't find the right words, so I decided to say them differently. "Do you know that feeling? That feeling of hopelessness? That feeling where no matter how hard you try, or how happy you are. It'll never last?" I murmured questioningly. My mind was hazy, filled with negative thoughts.

"What if one day, he decides he doesn't want to have a girlfriend that he has to take care of all the time. Maybe he'll get fed up of having to defend me when we're out in public. What if he finds someone better? What if you guys get tired of me?" I rushed out, biting my lip to hold in the sob ready to rack my body.

Angelica put her head on my shoulder. "You're the smartest—idiot I know." She said hitting me upside the head. I would've been dramatic and act like it hurt but I didn't have the energy but to do anything but offer a playful glare.

Lucious rolled his eyes. "If any of those things concerning Mathias ever happen, which I doubt. The last thing you should ever think about is us leaving you." He said ruffling my hair. He pulled me up off the floor and I helped Ang. He looked at me in the eyes and sighed.

"You are really a smart-idiot if you believe, anyone could ever get fed up with you. Your not a burden, you are perfect. Nothing you do can change that." He spoke, kissing my forehead. He brought Angelica and I into a hug.

"You guys mean the whole world to me. There is almost nothing that can ever be more important to me." He spoke.

Mathias' POV

Looking through my bags, I was having a hard time finding what I was looking for. I had been searching for about five minutes now and I was starting to freak out. I grabbed the ring when I found it under my red hoodie.

The one hoodie she hadn't stolen yet.

I ruffled my hair a bit and then walked out of the room, I could now hear the music blaring. I walked over to the area where everyone was dancing. I looked around for Miracle and I didn't see her, neither did I spot Lucious or Angelica. I asked around for them but couldn't get an answer. I looked outside for a quick glance, I saw them all outside.

I walked outside towards them, taping her shoulder.

Opening the box, getting down on one knee.

Miracle's POV

I turned around, my mouth almost fell open from shock. Mathias was down on one knee with a ring. My heart rate started to pick up, as my hands shaking went to cover my mouth. "Baby, breathe. Breathe." He said a worried smile on his face. I tried to do what he said while listening to him. "Miracle, I don't know how I'm supposed to say this, so I'm just gonna let my heart do the talking."

Now everyone from inside were either right behind him or they were listening from the balcony.

"I'm not one for corny shit but, you are the one exception. I want to give you this ring because: You make me want to be better. You make me nervous, something very few people can do. Before I even think about breathing, I think of you. You give me purpose, your the reason I have to live. You were able to make me feel, like I matter. You give me hope."

He spoke, his eyes never left mine. My heart was soaring, the way he said what he said made me want to take my heart out and give it to him. Cause honestly, he already had my heart. He called my name, I wasn't sure if he had been doing it for a while, I wasn't really on this earth.

"Will you take this promise ring. And one day...hopefully, it'll be a wedding ring."

I nodded, with tears in my eyes. He smiled picking me up and smiling, kissing me passionately.

"Alright, alright. We get it. Your in love." Zavian said playfully. "Happy birthday, sis. Now let's party!!" Everyone cheered after his words. And we went inside.

~

Mathias and I were standing outside of the bathroom, talking. "Thank you for what you said." I said to him, looking at my nails. He chuckled softly, tilting my head up and pecked my lips. The kiss was slow, he made no effort to control it, it was just simple.

"I meant everything. I want to marry you, be successful with you, have kids, grow old and spoil our grandchildren together. The day I die, I'll be at peace. I'll die happy, because I know that whatever I face in death I'll be happy I spent my life, living it with you." He said, everything from his mouth was genuine.

Something in me sparked and I kissed him feverishly. I pushed him against the wall, I kissed the side of his mouth, then moved down to his neck. Hearing his breathy moans and groans spurred me on. I jumped on him, pulling his shirt up. His hands rubbed on my thighs. I moaned softly at the feeling of his hands on my spot.

I started grinding into him, unbuckling his belt. He pushed my hand away, I continued kissing him, trying it again.

"Don't start what you can't finish." He said in between kisses, his hands rubbing my a*s.

"What if I wanted to finish it?"

Damn guys they finna do the nasty. I almost cried when I wrote what Mathias said to her. (Jk, but it was so adorable)

QOTC: What's your opinion on quick moving relationships?

Thank you guys again for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!

Vote if you enjoyed. Share if you think it deservest he recognition. Comment if you have something informative or nice to share. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

856 25 14
Light, a sunshine, extroverted person came from a cycle of family trauma, so did Alex... A lot of things ended up happening, so many that light can't...
1.2K 50 17
๐‘ฎ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’๐’๐’‚-๐‘ต๐’‚๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’‚ (6) "She's dead." "Dead? What does that mean?" The young girl asked with morbid curiosity. "It means, she isn't here...
446K 14.2K 62
nycโ€ขtoโ€ขphilโ€ขia | nik-tล-fil'ฤ“-a - love of darkness or night;finding relaxation or comfort in darkness. โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“ {EXTRACT} "Tell me Celeste,"...
227K 8.1K 35
Jamie is just trying to go through life as easily as he possibly can, but him being gay wasn't entirely helping him at his high school. He used to be...