The New Royal Blood (Book 1)

By purdynerd

The royal family in England is looking for new blood, as in new blood lines. They've searched all throughout... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
NEWSSS!!!!

Chapter 25

11.5K 478 39
By purdynerd

        I take dinner in my room. When my maids ask what's wrong, I just tell them I don't feel good. And that's only half a lie. Ever since I heard Daxton telling Alexa she's eliminated, I feel depressed. Who wouldn't be? I'll probably never see Alexa again and she wasn't even allowed to say goodbye. 

        "Miss," Cecily says.

        "Yes?"

        "You're going to have to go down to breakfast tomorrow. We can't allow you to stay in your room," she says.

        I nod and they leave me to go to sleep. But sleep never finds me. I worry all night about going down there and facing Daxton. I don't exactly know how I feel right now. I'm mad at him, definitely, for sending Alexa home but I'm also hurt that he wouldn't confide in me for her elimination. He's lied about not sending Alexa home, what if he's lied about other things, too? Like the way he feels about me. What if it's all fake and he really doesn't like me at all. He'll send me home, too. I don't think I can live without the palace. It's my home.

         I worry myself so much I feel sick. I get up and try to make it to a trashcan or the toilet. I make it to the bathroom and then puke all over the tiled floor. In the process of doing this, I've woken Princecss up. Wonderful. I ring the bell my maids gave me and a couple minutes later, they arrive in my room.

        "Miss, what is it?" Cecily asks.

        "I may or may not have puked in the bathroom floor," I tell them sheepishly.

        "Oh miss, it's fine. We'll clean it up; you get back in bed and Josee will get you some water. And you cannot have any social interaction with the others. They can come in your room if you'd like but you musn't leave your room. Courtney, check and see if she has a fever," Cecily instructs. Courtney comes over and feels my forehead.

        "She feels a little warm. Probably 99.9 to 100.0," Courtney reports.

        "What about Princess?" I wonder.

        "Dogs don't get sick the same way people do," Cecily explains.

        "Okay, bring her to me," I command.

        Josee quickly brings me my dog. I lie on my side and hug her to my chest.

        "Ladies, what time is it?" I wonder.

        "Around 2:00 a.m., miss," Courtney says.

        "Oh," I say as I start to shiver.

        I pull my blankets up on my but the shivering doesn't stop.

        "Miss, are you cold?" Josee asks.

        "I'm n-not sure. I c-can't stop shivering," I say.

        Cecily sits down close to my and strokes my hair.

        "Shh, miss, it's okay," she soothes and starts humming a lullaby.        

        I feel my eye's start to drift close and slowy, slowly I go to sleep.

******************

        When I wake up, the sun is high in the sky.

        "What time is it?" I groan.

        "12:00, miss," Cecily says from somewhere in the room.

        "Close the curtains," I mumble.

        A second later, the sun disappears. I slowly open my eyes.

        "You are on house arrest until you can go a day without a fever," Cecily says.

        "I can't leave the palace anyway," I say.

        "We mean you're room," Courtney laughs.

        "Oh. That's fine by me," I shrug.

        "Do you want anything to eat?" Josee asks.

        "You can have a little bit of chicken broth," Cecily suggests and I nod. I'm not really hungry but I think it'd be best if I go something in my stomach.

        Courtney leaves to go get the broth.

        "Does Daxton know about me being sick?" I wonder.

        "Yes, they know about your 101 fever and that you've thrown up," Cecily says. I groan.

        "Does Rose?" I ask.

        "Yes."

        "James?"

        "Miss, James went to escort Alexa back to her home," Josee says.

        "What?" I choke out.

        "Josee, she' sick and needs to rest. Do not concern her with what's happening right now," Cecily scolds.

        "It's fine," I protest.

        "No!" Cecily says firmly and I'm too scared to argue.

         "Do the other selected know I'm sick?"

        "Yes, the king and queen told them this morning," Cecily says as Courtney comes back with the broth. I sip on it but then push it away.

        "What about Princess? I have to take her out," I say.

        "The prince brought by a litter box for her but we wouldn't allow him to come in," Cecily assures me.

        There's a knock on the door. Cecily opens it just enough to stick her head out. I can hear her whispering but I don't know what. Finally, she turns around.

        "Miss, the princess is here to see you," she says.

        "No one else?" I ask. I'm not really in the mood to see Daxton.

        "No one else," she confirms.

        "Let her in," I allow.

        Rose rushes in and sits on my bed. My maids quietly leave.

        "Camry, are you okay?" she asks.

        "Yeah, I just don't feel good," I respond.

        "I just wanted to make sure because when Daxton told me, he made it sound like you were dying," she says and I laugh.

        "He overexaggerated....a lot," I giggle.

        "Yes, I can see that you aren't on a death bed," she says.

        "Do you want to go home?" she randomly says.

        "No, why?"

        "Because you're sick and stuff. Why would you want to stay if you're sick?" she wonders.

        "Because in a couple days, I'll be fine," I smile.

        "Okay, just promise me that you won't die," she says.

        "I solemnly swear that I will not die," I say and she laughs.

        "I'll see you later," she says and leaves.

        I expect my maids to come back right away but they don't. After a minute I get out of bed and open my door. No one's in the hall. Silently, I shut my door behind me and tiptoe to Alexa's room. Or her old room. I slip inside.

        The room is very similair to mine, maybe a bit smaller. I go over to the closet. No beautiful ball gowns are hung up. I bit my lip and walk over to the chests. No night gowns or pajama's are folded neatly waiting for her to put them on. I slip into the bathroom. The counter is crystal clean. There is no lotions or shampoos or conditioners or oils lined up on shelves. I walk back into the bedroom. The room is bare. There is nothing left of Alexa Scarlett. I start to feel light headed. I curl up on her bed and sob.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 8.4K 30
It's been two weeks since Camry was kicked out of Prince Daxton's selection. In those two weeks, she's moped around trying to get over her heart brea...
638K 21.3K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...
2.1K 73 13
In the Kingdom of Amphibiland where evil lurks in the shadows, Princess Sasha is ordered to find a suitor at a royal ball hosted by her father, King...
7.1K 181 43
The Wimbledon tournament in 2023 takes place in London, where she has lived since birth. On the other hand, Carlos Alcaraz, a Spanish tennis player...