Miracle|√

By Exoticxrose

Miracle Deveraux Kind, forgiving, caring, smart and overall an amazing person. One of the nicest people anyo... More

|°°INTRO°°|
Prologue
Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Attention!!
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Thank you! &' Promotion

Chapter Sixteen

1K 20 4
By Exoticxrose

Miracle's POV

I was running up and down my room looking for something decent to wear. This would be the first time, I was meeting Mr. De Luca as his son's girlfriend. I looked around my room. I damaged my closet, displeased by almost everything I saw, until my eyes landed on purple plad print summer dress. I tried it on then looked in the mirror.

I thought something was missing so I ran downstairs to my mother's room. I opened the door and went in. "Ma!" I saw her putting on her gold earrings that was molded into the shape of a 'K'. "Yes, Miracle?" She asked not turning away from the mirror. "Do you have a throw over I can borrow?"

She pointed to the closet and I went straight to it. I surfed through the walk-in closet and found a purple throw over. I grabbed it and threw it on. Walking over to the mirror that my mother stepped away from a few seconds ago, I gave myself a once over. "You look beautiful," she said pride emanating of her.

"Go check on your brother and sister, and see if their ready." She was turning around to walk to the vanity when she hit her head on the door. A loud chuckle escaped my lips at the face she made on impact. She glared at me, while rubbing her head and walking away.

I walked out of her room and went to my brother's room, which was located down the hall. I knocked on his door. No response. I did it two more times. Yet still I I recieved not a single reply. I banged my fists against the door harder this time and.

The door opened to reveal a shirtless Zavian. "What the hell, Mira?" I heard shuffling in the background and knew exactly who it was. "Hey, Selene." I said noticing her running to the other side of the room. "Hey, Mira." She said appearing behind Zavian.

Her hair was sexed up so I instantly knew what happened. I resisted the urge to gag as an image popped into my mind. "Get ready. You have ten minutes." I said to him. He rolled his eyes and walked further away from the door. I waved Selene goodbye, she did the same and closed the door.

Zavian and Selene have been together for almost three years. She dropped out of college just before she could finish because she and Zavian have a child together. His name is Seven. She plans on finishing everything she had to this summer.

~
"Maddie! Open up!" I banged against the door. "I'm coming!" She yelled she opened the door and pulled me inside. She was wearing a baby blue off shoulder dress that stopped mid thigh. Her jewelry consists of: her gold chain that has a heart shaped pendant that was also made out of gold. Her 'M' shaped earrings that were made out of gold.

She wore her red flats.

"You look great!" I said to her. She nodded striking a pose. "I know. Now let's give you some edges."

Mathias' POV

"Fuck me." I groaned looking at the individuals in front of me. Why'd it have to be tonight, of all nights. I stared in the direction of my dick head brother. Just kill me now. "That's no way to greet your older brother that you haven't seen in Two years."

Should've been more if you ask me. "Why are you here, Rio?" I asked him.

Why was I being a dick to my brother you ask? Well you see on the outside. My brother might seem like the most amazing person you will ever meet. But on the inside he was a Vindictive, selfish prick. This asshole terrorized me for Two and a half years.

He blamed everything on me. He used our mother's death to get me to bend to his will. He got in trouble and always dragged me into it somehow. Treating me as though I was his servant. Anytime I disobeyed him he'd hold mom's death over my head.

He said things like: "She died because of you." "You killed her." "You took mom from us so now you have to pay." "Your the reason I will never be happy again."

I grew to hate his guts. The day he left was the best day of my life. I was so happy I'd be spared from his torture. But for some sick twisted reason. I missed him. He was my brother. The brother who took a black eye for me. Who walked me home after school so I didn't get jumped by boys who for some reason hated my guts.

Every day he tortured me I wondered where that caring person went. I still loved him, because all hatred aside: he's still my brother and there was still some hope that remaining in my heart, that he'd revert back to the person he once was.

"So, I heard you got a girl now. Sounds serious." He said leaning against the wall. I refused to give him my acknowledgement. "Didn't know you had a thing for disabled chicks though." He poked, knowing exactly where to hit. I walked up to him only slightly taller than him.

I grabbed a fist full of his shirt my face close to his. "If you do anything to jeprodise tonight. I'll make you wish you had stayed in New York." His eyes softened and he just smiled. "I'd never do anything to jeprodise your happiness. You seem to really like her. That's good." He said his voice dripped in honesty.

This was confusing me. Why the hell would he want to see me happy. When he'd been the one to cause me the most pain? Maybe this was this is all part of some plot to get me to forgive him.

I was about to say something about it when I heard the doorbell ring. I let go of him and walked out into the living room. I saw mt step mother open the door, my father trailing behind her. Mrs. Deveraux was the first I laid eyes on. "Kayrene! It's so good to see you." My step mother smiled at her. They hugged and then let go after a bit.

They all walked into the house. I hugged Maddison and Mrs. Deveraux. bro hugged Zavian. As soon as she stepped in my I was by her side in seconds. I grabbed her hand and placed my lips to her ear. "I need to talk to you about something." She smiled at my parents politely and we went upstairs.

Once we were out of view, I pushed her against the wall and kissed her. My lips moved against hers at a decent speed. I bit down on her lips lightly. She moaned softly into the kiss, before granting me entrance. "You have no idea how much that just calmed me." I told her after we broke apart.

"Why are you so stressed?" she said running a hand down the my cheek. "My brothers here." She looked at me cocking an eyebrow. "It's a long story. One that I'm not ready to talk about. Just stay away from him, yeah?" She looked perplexed, but nodded anyway.

We walked downstairs and I turned around to see everyone conversing among themselves. Everyone including Rio. We walked over to the living room where everyone was conversatating. "Glad you could join us little brother." I just resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Muttering a simple, "Yeah."

"You must be the girl I've heard so much about." He said flashing a smile her way. "All good things I hope. I'm Miracle and You?" She asks holding out her hand for him to shake. Him being the extra bastard he is. kissed her hand, looking up at her while doing so.

"Such a gentleman." Mrs Deveraux said.

It took everything in me not to grab her hand away from his lips. "My name is Rio. Your name fits you well. Your most definitely the best Miracle my brother has been blessed with." He smirked.

I didn't disagree with him, she was most definitely the best thing that has happened to me. In a long time. But the smug look on his, stupid face irritated me to no end.

"DINNER IS READY!" My stepmother called from the kitchen. We all walked to the dining room to see her and my father setting the plates of food down. We all sat down at the table as the last plate was set down.

My parents sat down silently.

Miracle next to me, Zavian and maddie on either side of their mother-Rio across from us, my parents sat side by side across from Mrs Deveraux and her son while Luscious and Angelica sat side by side on the left of my parents.

"So," my father said first. "It's great to have you all here tonight. Even better that my son had gotten the chance to spend this dinner with us after so long." He said looking over at Rio. He smiled at him chuckling a bit. "It's great to be back. I also have something I'd like to share." He said looking around the table.

"I'll be permanently moving back to California." He said a big smile on his face. I wanted to cry in sadness and agony. Why!? Things were going so well! My father smiled, but held a questioning expression. "What about your business?" He asked. Rio just turned to him his expression nullified.

"I'm moving my business here so I can spend time with my family." He quipped as though he were sharing some amazing news. Newsflash, it's terrible news!

I held a stoic expression as everyone cheered and welcomed him. He looked at my expression and I swear he looked sad? Guilt clouded his green irises for a split second before he covered it up.

"Oh I forgot to mention. I've decided that you can go on your trip Mathias." He said. I mentally high-fived myself. Miracle squeezed hand lightly and sent a smile my way. My mini-celebration was cut short when my father spoke up. "Also, we'll be joining you." I immediately shut my party down.

Why must good things come to an end?

"I hope you don't mind us tagging along, Kayrene." He looked over at Mrs deveraux. She just smiled and brushed his hesitation off. "Of course not! My husband won't be able to make it, seeing as he has a case to work on. So, the more the merrier."

Well this is just fucking great.

~
1 WEEK LATER!

Miracle's POV

"Your overreacting! I doubt it'll be that bad." I looked at Mathias, as he laid on the floor of my room, laying in a starfish position. He's been to my house every day for the past week, he even slept over last night. My father left the other night.

It's always hard seeing him leave. These things take him away so much. And for so long. Well I guess I have to live with it. My father's a lawyer it's expected.

"I'm telling you, love. He's gonna find some way to ruin it." I just laughed at his exaggeration. I doubt it's that bad. But then again—I have no clue of their history. So, I shouldn't say anything just yet. "Why is that you hate your brother so much anyway?" I said packing my red jumpsuit in my suitcase.

"I don't hate him. I just—fuck it. Come sit." He said like a parent calling their troublesome child. I just chuckled and did as he said.

We sat in silence for a while. I just quietly awaited for him to get comfortable. A couple seconds later he spoke. "My mother died in a car crash on my brothers birthday. We were heading to the mall to buy him gifts.

On the way there I was speaking to her, I was so excited to be able to celebrate my brother's nineteenth birthday with him—To share with him the gift I'd waited so long to give him.

I was talking to her so much she turned to me and smiled at me. Mom turned her eyes back to the road and screamed as she tried to stop the car from hitting the truck in front of us. She lost control of the car and it spun out of control—Then we hit something and thats when it got worse.

The car flipped over three times. Each worse than the last. When it stopped I was lucky to even still be conscious. My mother wasn't so lucky. I passed out and woke up to the sound of sirens. I had been pulled out of the car—so had mom.

I had no clue how long it had been. I cared about nothing in that moment other than getting to her. I crawled over to her. I rested my head on her chest crying. I was in so much pain. I just wanted her to wake up and comfort me—but she didn't. I passed out once again due to all the pain my body was unable to endure.

When I awoke, after what was said to be two weeks. I was told that my mother had died due to too much blood loss and brain damage.

Apparently my mother hadn't been the only one to die that day. The person we hit they died. His name was: Peter Collins—He was a twelve year old boy driving around with his father and mother.

I couldn't help but feel like that should've been, me. I was supposed to die that day, along with my mother."

His eyes were now glazed over with sadness looking like an empty shell. "Hey, hey. Look at me." I said take his face in my palm and making him face me. "You weren't meant to die. That's why you didn't. If god decided you were supposed to die you wouldn't be here. And I along with so many other people are glad that you are."

He looked at me hopefully. I just kissed his cheek. "You don't need to say more if you don't want to." I said trying to reassure him. He just nodded, deciding to continue.

"I had gotten cut by a sharp piece of glass and had glass pieces in my arms and legs." He raised his shirt up to show me the large scar on his side. It ran from the middle of his waist stopping above his hip. I gasped, absentmindedly raising my hand to touch the scar.

I had been badly injured but I was told I'd be fine—physically that is. Mentally I'd never be the same. I was in the hospital for a few weeks. I was never able to sleep without getting flashbacks of—of the day I lost her. When I was discharged, it didn't change—it got worse. No one knew till I said something about it.

My father was always out drinking. Or just never home. It was just my brother and I at home mostly. He'd stopped going to school for a while. He eventually started going back. He was always depressed—never speaking to me. He soon started smoking, drinking, getting involved with the wrong people. Hell he even went to jail once.

Once I had eventually spoke up about it. They hadn't cared. They had only took to me to the doctor to get me to stop, "bothering them." Two months later I'd been diagnosed with PTSD.

It all started one night when he came home—He was high. He stumbled into my room and saw me sitting on the window seat. It was cold and late. Dad had yet to return home. He called out to me. "Little shit! What are you doing up?" He slured drunkenly. His ability to perform proper pronunciation, long gone.

When I hadn't answered he began yelling at me some more. Eventually fed up with my lack of response. He grabbed me. Throwing me onto the ground. He attacked me verbally and physically that night. Saying that I was a waste of space. That I killed her—That it should've been me that died.

He beat me till I passed out—After that, it just became a normality. He'd beat me till I bled—Attack me mentally, till I wished every day I woke up.

I'd be dead."

When he was done. I was stunned silent. I never imagined it'd be this bad. What he went through was nothing short of cruel. No one should ever have to go through that. Especially not a twelve year old boy.

"How long?" I finally worked up the courage to ask. "Two and a half years. It stopped after Lilith and Luscious moved in." Once again we were in silence. I was curious as to how his dad never noticed this. As if reading my mind he said, "my dad wasn't home most days. The times he did notice he was too drunk to care. After a year and a half he went to rehab and therapy. That's how he met Lilith."

"I never had a great relationship with him. That increased after she died. I always had hope of fixing my relationship with him and Rio—Cause even after everything. I loved them both too much to let it go."

I looked at him understanding shining in my eyes. I hated pity and by the looks of it he did too. So I didn't show him pity.

"But that hope died a while ago. I still have love for them. I just no longer care to have hope in what's obviously hopeless." He said. I nodded. I understood where he was coming from. I've been there. I still am there

We got up off the floor and I had a question lingering in my mind. "Do you think he's back to fix things?"

"I don't know what he's playing at but I highly doubt it's good."

¡♡~Exoticxrose ~♡!

Damn this was alot!

How did you like the chapter?

Your opinion on Rio?

QOTC: Have you/ Do you know anyone who has had a traumatic experience?

Thank you guys again for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!

Vote if you enjoyed. Share if you think it deservest he recognition. Comment if you have something informative or nice to share. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 37.8K 71
"𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐄𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲...
2.3K 79 16
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ "No no no no..." My words trailed "NO!!" I scre...
503K 14.4K 55
Finished; September 13th 2019 #10 abuse #10 teenfiction #8 stepdad #6 hope #3 badboys #3 broken #1 escape #1 goodgirl #1 hate #1 stepbrother...
380K 7.9K 43
Drama. Drama. Drama. That pretty much describes my life. I mean when your living with your 7 older brothers, 5 cousins, best friends, and a 3 month o...