Foxtail's Tale | Remus Lupin...

By HannahDottier

"It's fineeeeeeee, no one got hurt." "You blew off the top of the... More

Foxtail's Tale
Trailer & Playlist
Graphics
Prolouge
Epigraph
01|The Hogwart Express
02|Full Moon Rising
03|Early Play
04|Muggle Pranks
05|Runaway Son
06|Oh My Juliet
07|Aurora Buckthorn
09|Tipsy Muggle Fun
10|Wands & Saftey Pins
11|Wedding Bells
12|A Long Night in Silvery Oaks
13|Sleeping Together
14|Hiding a Scandel
15|First Defiance
16|Fuck The Dark Lord
17|Welsh & Wonderful Women
18|Flukes & Fudge
19|Autumn Dance
20|Future Proposal
21|O Captain! My Captain!

08|Faded Dimple Smile

342 19 38
By HannahDottier

❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

6th Year of Hogwarts
❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

ADMITTEDLY SHAGGING a semi cute Ravenclaw, was probably not the best way to deal with one's feelings. Eloise however did not care. She had fun the previous night. Jonathan Katnipfall might be too boring for her to ever be anything more than acquaintance, but when drunk after multiple bottles of firewhiskey, even he seemed like a good option.

"What did I tell you about that frown?" Eloise sang, dropping down onto the grass, making Remus and Rufus Scrimgeour look up startled. "Hello, Elo..." Remus trailed off laughing as Eloise massaged the spot between his brows. He leaned back, swatting her hands away.

Eloise gave him a cheeky grin and turned to see Scrimgeour. "I do not understand how you two find the interest to play this." She stared at the chessboard in disgust. "It's a strategic game, it's good to train the mind with," Scrimgeour said. Eloise rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue.

"Miss Prewett, Mr Lupin, Mr Scrimgeour."

The three Gryffindors looked up to see Minerva McGonogall towering above them in all her glory. One thing wasn't right though. There was a deep sadness in her face, her few wrinkles more prominent. Her expression to even make Eloise take the situation serious.

"Miss Prewett, please accompany me to my office."

"Why, Prof?"

Minerva didn't answer immediately. She took a deep breath and blinked away any tears that had formed.

"Elo," Remus spoke up quietly, resting a hand on her elbow. "Want me to come with you?" His eyes flickered up to Minerva, silently asking if that was okay. Minerva gave a minuscule nod just as Eloise said yes.

Eloise and Remus gathered their stuff and bid farewell to Scrimgeour, after Remus promised they would continue their game later.

☆——⍟——☆

Growing up the Prewett family was happy. Their family had never much cared about their blood status, they had achieved many things and treated many with respect. Judy and Percival raised their children in a warm household. The two had met just after Percival graduated Beauxbatons and Judy had graduated Hogwarts, the two quickly got married and soon had their eldest daughter, Molly, 9 years later they had a set of twin boys, Fabian and Gideon, and one year after their sons were born, they had their youngest child, Eloise.

The family had always been close, often going on trips together whenever Percival's work allowed. Eloise, being the youngest, was always showered with love and affection by her parents and her siblings. All of that love and all of that happiness in the Prewett family was deeply etched in the Prewett children's faces.

On the first of November 1976, at the bitter age of 17, Eloise learned that life sometimes was just to cruel. While Eloise had been at Hogwarts, Fabian and Gideon had been working and Molly with her husband and children, a small group of Death Eaters had grown bold enough to attack the Prewett Manor. Poor Judy and Percival were taken by surprise.

As to offer any consolation, the Aurors said that Judy and Percival most likely didn't suffer, both having been killed quickly.

It didn't.

Eloise stood before the grave, her brothers on her left and Molly on her right. The four siblings were either adults or very close to being an adult and that was the year the war became real for them. Fabian, Gideon and Eloise had been sheltered by Hogwarts as the war grew, but now it had suddenly materialised. Molly had been confronted with the war more than the others for obvious reasons, she was a full grown adult and her husband worked for the ministry. But Molly was a stay at home mum, the war hadn't yet taken anyone she deeply loved.

Eloise looked up from the caskets that were being lowered into the ground and met Peter Pettigrew's eyes. The chubby boy offered her a minimalistic smile and Eloise's lips briefly turned up in thanks. Peter meanwhile watched as Eloise's eyes drifted away from him and landed on Remus.

He shook away the pit of jealousy that formed in his stomach. As soon as the ceremony was over, Peter strode over to Ariel, while his friends got together.

"Foxy?" Remus asked in a hushed tone, looking down at the brunette in worry. "Hmmm?" Eloise hummed in response, barley paying attention as she watched toddler Bill and Charlie quietly eat the small cucumber sandwiches, the two unaware of what was happening. Arthur Weasley stood by his two sons, holding his 3 month old son. Perhaps it was ironic that the practical newborn had been the Weasley to be named after Percival Prewett.

"Foxtail." Eloise finally turned to look at Remus before he wrapped an arm around her shoulders, Eloise thankfully leaned into his shoulder and closed her eyes. Eloise cried silently but no tears ran down her face, those had all been spent. Her face was dampened by the snow that fell from the sky. Ever since Judy and Percival had been murdered, it had rained and snowed. It almost seemed that the sky was mourning the two Prewetts.

"I'm okay Moony," Eloise whispered and Remus sighted, tightening his grip around her shoulders. Remus didn't want to be the one to tell her that she actually wasn't. In the corner he saw Aurora casually sipping a drink, ever so often she would send little glares in their direction.

"Elo," Molly called and Eloise turned to look at the redhead. "I'm going home now, will you come later or now?" Seeing as the Aurors were still doing an investigation on the Prewett Manor, it had been decided that for Fabian, Gideon would stay at the Burrow —Molly and Arthur's house — , as long as necessary and Eloise would stay for the time off she had received.

Eloise looked back at her friends and took a deep breath. "I'll come with you now."

☆——⍟——☆

Eloise Prewett had many types of smiles, but there were three that were worth mentioning. One was her genuine dimple smile that not everyone got to see. The other one was a mischievous smile that made the recipient feel like they were in one of Eloise's secrets, while they weren't. The last one was her honey sweet lopsided mischievous smirk that made the Marauder recipient know that they were going to get in trouble.

Only 1 month after the death of Judy and Percival did Eloise smile again, and that was her secret smile. She had apologised profoundly for missing Sirius' birthday but he had shrugged her off, saying that he understood and it was okay. Benji had filled in for her at the time.

At the start of the second week of the Christmas holidays, the Marauders were hit once more. Peter's dad —Ted— had suffered a heart attack and a seizure. He was technically still alive, but he couldn't perceive anything anymore and he also could not communicate.

So when the Marauders reunited in 1977, they were forever changed.

It did not help that the full moon of January was a heavy one for Remus. Two days before the actual full moon, he had fallen very ill. His scars and bags under his eyes seemed darker, he was constantly hurling, he had a fever and could barley stand.

"Come on mate," James groaned as he and Sirius helped Remus back to his hospital wing bed. They had helped him get to the bathroom just before. Sirius and James each had an arm around their shoulders and Remus desperately tried to walk.

Sirius face lit up as he saw Eloise walk in with Aurora in tow. Aurora looked concerned and Eloise's face was set to storm before it melted into worry as she saw her Remus.

Aurora rushed forward. "Oh, Remmy," She grimaced a bit as she got too close and saw his state better. "What have they done to you?"

James' eyes narrowed. "We didn't do anything, he's just ill," He hissed only to be ignored by Aurora.

Remus firmly pressed his lips together, trying his hardest to keep it together. "What do you want to say Remmy?" Aurora leaned closer. Her cloying perfume that smelled of candy canes and cotton candy filled his nostrils and sent him over the edge.

He threw up, James and Sirius immediately reacting by resting hands on his chest to support him. Eloise rushed forward and helped in putting him into his hospital bed. Remus blinked drowsy as Aurora seemed to implode.

"Do you think you can handle her? She scares me," James whispered into Eloise's ear, carefully watching Aurora look ready for murder. "Yeah Cap," Eloise nodded and Sirius and James sent her thankful nods before rushing away as Aurora's furry exploded.

"I've had it! First you cheat on me and hang out with these baboons and now you puke on me?! WE'RE OVER LUPIN!" She turned on her heel and beelined for he door. Eloise glared at her and moved to launch herself at the bitch, but stopped as Remus weakly grabbed her wrist. "She's not worth it," He coughed.

"I'll still get her for that later," Eloise muttered, taking a seat next to his bed and gently taking a wet rag. Efficiently she wiped away the puke that had fallen on Remus himself. "You do love me," Remus mused, smiling slightly. Eloise shook her head. "Nah, I just hate Buckthorn more."

Peter rubbed his hands together as he peeked out of the closet on a chilly January evening. "The coast is clear." He stumbled out of the closet, tripping over his own feet. The three other Marauders stepped out behind Peter, simultaneously the four shifted.

The three wizards and the witch had been replaced by a stag, a dog, a rat and a fox. The dog slowly inched forward to the wolf who lay on the floor in foetus position.

Sirius gently nudged Remus with his snout, and the wolf blinked his eyes. Sirius seemed to smile and stuck out his tongue before running around the room doing weird jumps. James jumped up, kicking his backside through a rotten wall.

Remus got up and Eloise walked towards the door, nudging her head towards it before sprinting away. Peter clung tightly to her red fur. The fox turned her head back to see that Sirius, James and Remus were not far behind.

They sprinted around the Forbidden Forest, chasing birds and rabbits and playing with each other.

a/n:
eh chapter and a bit on the
short side. sorry! i hope you still
enjoyed it tho. let me know your thoughts.
poor judy and percival. they deserved better.
i know aurora and remus didn't even last two
chapters, but really what were you expecting? she's
a bitch and he's smitten with eloise. (although he won't admit it)

sweet post

date published:24 march 2021
[word count:1811]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 137 11
❝ πƒπŽ π˜πŽπ” π“π‡πˆππŠ 𝐈 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐃 πˆπ“ 𝐀𝐋𝐋? ❞ ― 𝖺𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖺 π—π—Žπ—‹π—†π—ˆπ—‚π—… π—ˆπ–Ώ π–½π–Ύπ–Ίπ—π—π—Œ 𝖺𝗇𝖽 π–»π–Ύπ—π—‹π–Ίπ—’π–Ίπ—…π—Œ, 𝖺 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂...
126K 5.4K 62
Cassiopeia Black had never been one to follow her families beliefs, and the war was no different. Whilst her family were known supporters of Voldemo...
61.2K 2K 45
When life is constantly changing with a raging war destroying your world, being a teenager doesn't seem as important as fighting for your loved ones...
37K 2.1K 56
Ever since Luna Everleigh was little, she's been called crazy. Mad. Lunatic. And she's never had to wonder why. She knows no one else can see her bes...