A SECOND CHANCE OF LOVE

By moonsun_light0726

Karla Estrabao, the heir of Estrabao TechGroup, 18yrs of age when she left LA leaving her stable life to feel... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Final Chapter
STORY UPDATE!!

9

182 12 0
By moonsun_light0726

LAUREN is shaking her head after listening to Ariana's explanation, "no, you're lying."

"I'm not," Ariana insisted, "you will know when you met Cami at ETG then tell me that I lied."

"What do you mean?"

"I will accept your resignation if only you will let me transfer you to ETG, you know you can't just resign Lauren, you still didn't exceed 4mos at my firm and you know that, I will transfer you to ETG the same position, Cami needs you there most as much as I need you in the firm, you somewhat surfaced the problem and now Cami is shouldering it because Mendes Corp is targeting the ETG."

"What?"

"Remember what you handed me when you're still an intern?" and she saw her nod, "after a few weeks Conrad, remember him? The President in accounting sector," and she saw her nod, "Conrad left without any trace, he vanished and after another week, Johan, Cami's President in accounting department vanished too, before I knew that Johan left too, I consulted Cami if she noticed something's change in her company she said no so I handed her what you found out, that was the time that Johan also left, he vanished like Conrad, Mendes Corp is one of the client of ETG, Cami felt that she's responsible so before it got big and too late to handle she worked for it, Lauren you're good in the accounting field, Cami handled the program and at the same time the ETG and the accounting department all at once."

Then Ally added, "we feared that because of the future stress instead of a recovery she might fully forget you, if you saw what I saw when I mention you to her she didn't have any reaction, it was like the first day you saw her and now upon hearing it to Ariana I now understand."

Dinah continued, "I noticed that too when Walz welcomed me in ETG during my orientation, I really thought at first that she already moved on from you but now after hearing Ariana, she just didn't move on but forget you, that you exist in her life that you're a part of it, Ralph, you said when you saw her again you will not let her go, now she needed you it's time, don't give up on her, not now Ralph, don't give up."

Lauren was doubted of what she knew especially after seeing Ariana's engagement ring, "then why you have a ring?"

"This is a real engagement ring but it's not Cami that gave this to me, it came from Taylor, my real fiancée, as I said earlier what happened last night is all an act."

"But I saw you kissed."

"No, we actually not, we hired some freelance photographers to cover the other press photographers, by doing that we know what angle those press they are shooting, the same spot where you are, we planned it all, Cami only kissed me in cheek near my chin, Lauren I didn't mean to hurt you, it's not my intention, I don't want Cami to be hurt, I want her to be happy that she truly deserved, you three can help us, we were like hitting two birds with one stone."

"But—how can I do it if Camz didn't recognize me?"

"Only three that she only remembered, if you're there, those blurry scenarios she mentioned to Normani will be clear."

"What three are you talking about?"

"Your name, that's one, the moon, that's number two and the three, the colour of your eyes, emerald."

Lauren gulped when she heard the moon, just like the gold moon pendant that Camila gave her.

"Ralph, I'm confused, why Walz remembered you every time she saw the moon?"

Lauren touched her pendant then she unlatched it from her neck then show them the answer, "this gold moon pendant was there together with the letter she dropped at my locker, she said that I'm her moon that gives light to her darkness, my name carved here in the small moon, it all started when we hang out alone in the park and there's so many stars and the moon was so bright, I catches her staring at me with twinkling eyes, I asked her why is she looking at me with those eyes then she said that I'm her moon that shines through giving light to her darkness."

Ariana smirked after hearing it from Lauren, "as expected from Cami, she loves to read Shakespeare's, she's still a hopeless romantic I see, she even said when we're still young that someday she will recite a poem to a woman that she's sure to spend the rest of her life with."

Lauren blushed, "she did recite one, I love reading Shakespeare's too."

"Hmm now I know why you two click immediately," Ally said watching at Lauren, dreamily.

"And now I know why moon," Dinah said.

Lauren then latched it back around her neck, putting it back to its place then she said, "okay, I accept your deal, but I'm not doing it for you, I'm doing it for Camz."

"Sure Lauren and her name now is Karla Estrabao."

"What's really her name?"

"She was born with the name of Camila Karla Estrabao Cabello, after her parents split up and later divorced, her mother, Sinu Estrabao changed her name to Karla Estrabao, I still call her Cami when there's three of us, Normani, Cami and I, Taylor knows that too, from me, and Normani calls her Mila when they're alone, the public only knows the name Karla Estrabao they didn't know Cami's real name since she's still a kid when her parent's divorced and her mother introduced her to other businessmen the name of Karla Estrabao."

And Lauren nodded.

"Cami didn't mean to hide to you guys, she just wanted to be free and experience things that the normal teenager do, as what you are seeing now to the current Camila, she's busy as hell, 5 hours of sleep that's her maximum and now the problem."

"We understand that."

"When will I start?" Lauren asked.

"Normani is currently processing your application there, everything, don't worry about Cami, Normani is her guardian and Cami trusted her, so thru Normani you will get into ETG, for now we'll gather much information that Conrad left to his former office, I locked it temporarily and I didn't let anyone entered that office since he left."

"My office right now is not from him?"

"No, I arranged that office especially for the new President, because I had a feeling that there's something left in there and I just can't let someone enter there but now I'm giving you access, I can't work for it right now because I'm helping Cami." 

"I understand."

Ariana thanked the trio for the time they spend for listening, she know that Lauren is kind of some distant and she understand that, listening to a woman that her special someone she thinks is engaged to is not simple and easy.

"We're okay now, right?" Ally asked to Lauren when they stepped out of the restaurant.

And Lauren nod, "but not fully, you two know that I longed to see Camz, I still couldn't explain why you two betrayed me."

"I understand, but we have reasons why we do it, but okay Laur," and she embraced her, "we'll help you with Mila, don't worry."

Dinah nod as an agreement.

And Lauren nodded.

"See you in the apartment, Ralph?"

"Sure."

"Ready, Lauren?"

Lauren nodded to Ariana, she bid goodbye to Ally and Dinah temporarily, they will be back to Grande Firm to begin the work or rather the investigation then they hopped inside the car, once Ariana's driver opened it then they left.

Ally and Dinah sighed sharing a look.

"We can do this," Ally said firmly.

Dinah nodded, "for Chancho."

"Yes, now let's go back to ETG."

***

LAUREN spends her work hours investigating after Ariana gave her the key to the office, Ariana said that it's okay because she's still working and what she's doing is not a normal work, it's the future of both companies.

"How was your investigation going?" Dinah asked to Lauren when they took dinner.

They became busy and not usually they eat dinner together so while they can, they will take that chance.

"Not enough, because Mendes Corp is not really a major client of Grande Firm so the documents that the firm had is limited only."

"Then ETG..."

Lauren nodded to Ally, "ETG is."

"They will surely lose a big account," Dinah murmured.

"Not just some accounts, there's possibility that ETG will go down," Lauren explained.

"Mendes Corp can do it?" Ally asked while she took the used plates on their dining table.

Lauren nodded, "Ariana said, as much as she remembered, Mendes Corp already a client of ETG for almost six years now while the firm is just a brief."

"That's long enough," Dinah muttered.

"Yeah and let's not forget that they targeted the accounting department, Ariana said that Camz only estimated thousands of dollars that is missing in the company same as the firm and it's just initial only, how much more if I dig further?"

"She's probably frustrated by now," Ally said.

"Yeah, knowing that it's her mother's company, ETG is technically her sister, losing it is like half of her part will lose," Lauren agreed.

"Hey now, let's not talk about negative okay?" Dinah said firmly, "let's face the current problem and that's you Ralph, focus on your investigation first, step by step and don't give up."

Lauren smiled, "you're right," and she nodded, "okay, step by step it is."

And Ally embraced Lauren from behind, "we're just here for you."

"Let me join," and she stood, doing a group hug, "we will get hold of Walz hands, we will never let her go."

"Yes!"

"Wait, when will you transfer to ETG?"

"I'm still investigating remember?"

"Oh right."

"We're excited to work with you."

And they shared laughter.

Days, weeks had passed, she's able to gather some information despite of lack of documents but she still passed it to Ariana.

"This is all I gathered based on the documents that were left in the office."

Ariana nodded, "take it with you Lauren."

"Why?"

"You'll need it when you start working at ETG tomorrow, you already told me the main problem of this firm and let me handle that."

Lauren widened her eyes, "tomorrow?"

"Yes," and she took an envelope on her drawer and handed it to Lauren, "inside of this is your ID and other necessary documents that you will need to enter ETG, they're strict at their security details."

Lauren gulped and accepted the envelope, "thank you."

"I already assigned someone that will handle your position, Bella's wife."

"Oh, I see."

"So, there's no need for you to worry anymore."

And Lauren nodded.

"I must tell you this."

"What is it?"

"Since you started opening Conrad's office, three of the employees here simultaneously left I had a hint that they're Conrad's accomplices to watch my firm, I reviewed their documents and some of it are fakes, I'm afraid that Cami have that one too in her company, so be careful, trust only yourself, report directly to Normani and no one else."

"Okay."

And Ariana stood walking towards Lauren, "I know you still have grudge on me and I can't fault you that, hope you don't forget that Cami and I's engagement are all staged, heck we're only childhood friend, she's just like a sister to me and once this is all over I will come out to my parents telling them that I'm engaged to Taylor, the woman they hated the most."

"I'm curious, why your parents hated Dr Swift?"

"It's a long story but to make it short, they blamed her for my elder sister's death."

"I'm sorry..."

"Don't be, that happened 3yrs ago they even said that Taylor is a curse, especially what happened to tita Sinu, someone died again in her hands, they didn't even know that it's actually their fault."

"What do you mean?"

"My elder sister's death is suicide, she overdosed herself, because my sister didn't want to do what my parents wanted her to do, like me she also fell in love with a woman, they found out and made the woman miserable, put her into jail that she didn't do, unknown to them I bailed her out but it's too late my elder sister already took suicide, my parents wanted me to do what they want and I did, that is managing this firm, I really wanted to be a singer and if you don't know Cami knows how to sing too and managing a business is far away from my liking, I hate to be stuck in the office so if you notice I sometimes go out spending some time with Taylor."

"What will happen if they found out?"

"I will simply tell them that I can put down the Grande Firm, they love this firm so much than us their daughters."

"That's cruel, I guess we had same situations."

"What do you mean?"

"My parents kicked me out after I graduated from college, Ally and Dinah helped me, I told them that I'm gay."

"Oh yeah, Miami is strictly implemented the religious beliefs."

"Yeah, that's the reason."

"You're right we're the same, you're not going back to Miami, aren't you?"

"I don't have plans to go back to Miami."

And Ariana embraced Lauren, "I will miss you working here."

"I will miss it too."

"But don't worry, Cami is there, you will help her, okay?"

And Lauren nodded.

"Godspeed, Lauren and I will remind you, working in ETG is not easy, it's far away from working here, you know what I mean."

"I know, it's a big company so the responsibility is big too."

"You're right, but you can do it, I believe in you, that's why you're my top intern."

"Thank you for everything."

Ariana shook her head, "I must be the one who said that and I hope someday we'll be friends, I wanted to attend on your wedding with Cami."

And Lauren chuckled, shaking her head.

"I'm serious."

"Okay."

"Good, take these documents, Normani handed some documents that you will need, that's accessible to employees' because further documents will need Cami's approval not Normani, study it for now until you gathered some evidence."

"I'll do it."

***

LAUREN was curious when she saw Ally lying on the couch closing her eyes when she entered the apartment while Dinah cooked for their dinner.

"What happened to Ally? Is she asleep?"

Dinah looked back and saw Lauren entering the apartment, "hi Ralph," she greeted.

"Hi, Laur," Ally greeted, her eyes still closed as well as her position on the couch.

"Oh I thought you're asleep, what happened?"

"They now take actions remember what pipsqueak said to us?"

"DJ, who is pipsqueak? You call Camz pipsqueak too, remember?"

"It's Grande that I'm talking about," Dinah answered while rolling her eyes then back to her cooking while telling Lauren the reasons.

"Okay, what's next?"

"Earlier today some military officials went to ETG, looks like the employees are used of those officials because they didn't panic."

Then Ally explained, "it's because ETG is helping the military when it comes to programming and technologies, Ariana is right we'll become busy and it's started this morning, I'm relaxing my eyes."

"She's too consumed of the computer in the programming sector, I need to drag her out to eat, almost carried her to the canteen."

"What I'm worried most is Mila," Ally said, now getting up, opening her eyes.

"Why? What happened to Camz?"

"Those military officials are blaming Mila, they didn't even know our works there! I know, from her looks, her fists clenching she almost punched that idiot, but don't worry I stop her subtly like I always do when she's frustrated."

"Tapping the pencil and rolled it on your palm?" Lauren guessed.

"Yes, for a bit she calmed down, thank God for that."

"When will you work at ETG, Ralph?"

"I'm not still finished at my investigation but Normani handed Ariana some documents, I'm working on it."

"I see, we need to hold on because it's going to be a bumpy ride," Ally reminded.

"I know that, Ariana already give me a heads up."

"Okay chicas, the dinner is ready and Laur, go change your clothes now."

"Alright, Chef Hansen," Lauren said heading towards her room.

They eat dinner and forgot temporarily the work they will face tomorrow by talking and laughing, teasing each other. After that they each retired to their respective rooms.

***

IT was 9:45PM, Dinah and Ally are already resting in their own rooms while Lauren is still awake because tomorrow is her first day at ETG, she didn't tell them that tomorrow is her first day because she wanted to surprise them. She opened the envelope and saw her ID, she took the contents of it and place it on her bed, disregarding the envelope. She took the ID and saw her own face, it's the same picture she had on Grande Firm, by doing that ETG really needed her and this time she had a seal on her right collar, she looked for that collar and found it attached on the documents, she took it and inspect it, it's silver with the logo of ETG, she didn't know that the upper staff had this kind of seal. After that she placed it atop her ID for her not to lose it, placing it to the table beside the picture frame she had with Camila. She remembered what Ariana had said before she left the office, the public doesn't know the name Camila Cabello so she need to call her Karla Estrabao, hoping she will not slip up because she's used to call her Camz or Camzi, she'll make Camila confused if she slip up, they need to take it slow for Camila to regain that memory loss. She put aside the documents she needed to enter ETG tomorrow because it can wait she was now focused on the documents that Normani handed thru Ariana, which is now in her hands.

She fell asleep when the clock strikes 11PM.

She woke up once again not because of her alarm but to the voices of her friends, they probably preparing for their work, it's still peak season at ETG so their work hour started at 7:30AM to their usual work hours at 8AM compared to her, her work started at 8:30AM in Grande Firm.

Dinah and Ally stopped talking while their mouths are stuffed with food when they saw Lauren stepping out of its room.

"Did we wake you up?"

Ally and Dinah didn't know that this is the first day of her work at ETG same time, 8:30AM.

Lauren chuckled because Dinah is talking with her mouth full, "DJ, don't talk if your mouth is full, okay, and no you didn't wake me up because I'm used to it already," and she approached the table, joining them on breakfast.

"Sorry for that, Laur, we're not really used to peak season," Ally said after gulping the food.

"Its okay Alz, I understand."

"But you will too, soon."

"But still they work hours remain," Dinah whined and she looked at to Lauren, "you're one of the upper staff, right?"

"That's what Ariana said, I'm taking that Johan's job."

"Good luck to that, I heard that Walz is tearing that office apart," Dinah said.

"What?" and Ally saw Dinah nod, "then where will Lauren stay?"

"I don't know, Mani, just opened it up."

"Did she tell you when will I start?" Lauren asked subtly.

"No, she didn't tell me that was all she said."

'Good,' Lauren thought, smirking, 'my surprise is still on pace.'

Dinah and Ally bid goodbye to Lauren after breakfast because unknown to them Lauren's first day at ETG will be today.

So Lauren prepared herself, meeting Camila today or not she wanted to look presentable, wearing her best outfit that Camila will surely approved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 100 13
Camila Cabello was a mystery to everyone; sweet, charming, beautiful beyond compare. But there was just one thing that most people feared: the Cabell...
1.1K 25 7
Lauren Jauregui is a 20 year old agent hired by Karla Estrabao's father to be her bodyguard. Karla is a famous actress in Hollywood. Even though she'...
3K 125 16
Lauren Jauregui is an orphan in one of the city in Spain and was later adopted by the middle-aged man named Steve Cabello when she was just 6yrs old...
10.3K 116 40
When Camila's mom decides to move to Miami for a big opportunity job.Camila didn't like the idea at first because she have her friends and she loved...