The Kids Aren't Alright

Por Alicornofweirdness

It was just supposed to be a simple bonfire party. Dancing, talking, and maybe a little drinking. But things... Más

Prologue / Introduction
✰ Chapter One ✰
✰ Chapter Two ✰
✰ Chapter Three ✰
✰ Chapter Four ✰
✰ Chapter Five ✰
✰ Chapter Six ✰
✰ Chapter Seven ✰
✰ Chapter Eight ✰
✰ Chapter Nine ✰
✰ Chapter Ten ✰
✰ Chapter Eleven ✰
✰ Chapter Tweleve ✰
✰ Chapter Thirteen ✰
Thinking Space
✰ Chapter Fourteen ✰
✰ Chapter Fifteen ✰
✰ Chapter Sixteen ✰
✰ Chapter Seventeen ✰
✰ Chapter Eighteen ✰
Thinking space 2
✰ Chapter Nineteen ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty-One ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty-Two ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty-Three + Thinking Space ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty-Four ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty-Five ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty-Seven ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty-Eight ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty Nine ✰
✰ Chapter Thirty ✰
✰ Chapter Thirty-One ✰
LAST THINKING SPACE
✰ Chapter Thirty-Two ✰
KILLER EXPLAINED - ⚠️ spoilers ⚠️

✰ Chapter Twenty-Six ✰

734 40 88
Por Alicornofweirdness

Diamond Tiara sat patiently in the investigation room. The room was dull and cold. The wall paint was ready to come off as it had already started to peel off the walls itself. And if anyone were to look closely, blood stains could be seen smeared against the walls.

Diamond looked up at the light, blinding herself for a minute. She was confused, tired, and hungry. She didn't know why she was arrested or what she had done. The worst part is that no one would tell her what's going on. People either stare at her in fear or disappointment, sometimes even both. Luckily, it wasn't both today.

She tried to remember all she could. It wasn't her memory that was the problem, rather what she heard at the time of her arrest at the school that she couldn't quite pick up. When the officer pushed her roughly against the ground, it slightly messed up her hearing. It was something about a murder.

Click!

The sound of the lock on the door clicking caught Diamond's attention.

She knew the people who were about to question her could see her through the one sided window. While she saw nothing but her reflection, they could see her. Watch her. Judge her. Whatever questions they were to ask, she vowed to herself she would be ready.

The worry on her face quickly faded into a cocky grin as a woman walked through the door. She was about 5'9, maybe 5'11 with the heels she wore.

She sat down in the chair facing the opposite direction of Diamond and shuffled her folders against the table. Her eyes were gentle, but came with a stern glare.

"So, Diamond Tiara." The woman said, clicking her tongue while avoiding eye contact with her.

"Yes, that's my name. Congratulations for knowing it!" Diamond smiled, clicking her tongue as well.

The snarky attitude caught the woman's attention causing her to look up at the girl. She cleared her throat, setting her folders aside.

The woman cleared her throat. "I'm Detective Donut, DD for short."

"Okay, Hey DD. Mind loosening up these handcuffs? My wrists are awfully sore."

"Anyways, I'm here to ask you questions about a particular case you may be familiar with."

"What?"

"The Valencia Case. The murder of Vignette Valencia." DD pulled out another folder. "Not only her but other murders that followed right after her death."

"I didn't."

"Didn't what?"

"Ask."

DD took a deep breath in and out. "You're here for questioning. Your attitude is making it more believable that you murdered them." She raised an eyebrow. "Is this your way of subtle admitting?"

"I didn't do shit, I'm just fed up I'm even here." Diamond groaned, kicking the table out of anger.

"I suggest you be quiet, listen and answer the questions." She started looking through the folders.

"K."

This woman is so god damn annoying, Diamond Tiara thought. I cant even be nice with her, she makes me angry.

"What were you doing at the bonfire all the students attended?"

"I never went."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, ask anyone. I was grounded that night, I didn't even go out."

Detective Donut wrote things down on the paper. She stopped the pen and violently placed it next to her notepad. "Next question." she said, pausing for a minute. "Some students have said you had many arguments with Vignette, especially before she died."

"I don't like Vignette, It's sad that she died but that doesn't mean I have to suddenly have pity for her. She was manipulative, more manipulative than I could ever be even if I wanted to. I'm not saying she deserved it, since murder is pretty wild, but I'm pretty sure many people saw this coming."

"How so?"

"Well, for starters Vignette was annoying as hell. In reality, she was just a loner. You would never catch her walking somewhere by herself." "Not to mention, she doxxed someone for wearing socks and sandals. Her only excuse was that it was a crime against fashion."

"Did you know anyone who would want to intentionally hurt her before she was murdered?"

"A lot of people joked about it but I never thought it would actually happen." Diamond turned her head to the side for a minute before turning it back. "Actually, Sunset Shimmer didn't like Vignette very well."

"Sunset Shimmer? The name sounds familiar."

Diamond Tiara's facial expression quickly turned into a smirk. She didn't like Sunset very well either, something that Vignette and her had in common.

"You're telling me Shimmer has been this knee deep in trouble?" She laughed, leaning back in the chair for a minute. Her laugh only lasted seconds as she returned the chair to the ground.

The woman, Detective Donut, stayed silent. Her silence spoke more truth than her mouth ever could.

With a click of her pen, she looked down and continued writing on the notebook. Avoiding any and all eye contact with Diamond. This detective knew a lot. The way she presented herself afterwards said a lot.

Sunset Shimmer has been known for being a bully, but a criminal? That didn't sit right with Diamond. Even if Sunset was a criminal, what did she even do to get in that state? Was it something subtle like theft or was it murder?

The silence grew stronger. All that could be heard was the noise the light was making and the pen the lady was writing with. It was quite strange how she was still writing. It was if she was trying to purposely stall until they called her back in.

What is this girl writing? God damn. Diamond Tiara thought, slightly leaning forward to take a peak.

The detective finally stopped writing and put the notebook aside. She gathered all her papers and stood up. She continued to walk out the door and close it, leaving Diamond all alone. Again.

𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦

"That girl is a demon-child. She's like 12, Swirl. And she already knows how to get into adults heads." Donut spat, putting the folders aside and putting a hand on her head.

"She's 14, Donut."

"14?!"

"Yes. Canterlot High School is certainly weird. It's combined with the normal high school grades plus 7th and 8th grade, which they call junior high."

"Yeah okay, that is weird but besides the point." Donut walked over closer to Swirl. She pointed to the observation window. "You saw how she was. The tone of voice, choice of words. That is not how a 14 year old girl speaks last I checked."

"Physically or emotionally abusive parental figure."

"What do you mean?"

"Exactly what I said."

"How do you know?"

"Her behaviour towards adults, specifically older women. She always has a cocky attitude towards other women, at least from my observation. She favours men tho, she doesn't seem to have a problem talking to them. Her mood switches up completely." "She most likely has a bad mother and fairly good father."

Donut didn't know what to say, shocked at what Swirl had just said she stayed silent. She thought for a minute before speaking again.

"Why don't you just interrogate her then?" Donut huffed, crossing her arms.

"Sure." He simply said.

𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐲
𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐩: 𝟑𝟎 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

Detective Donut and Officer Swirl continued to talk about all the evidence and how it didn't make sense for Diamond Tiara to be the killer. Swirl said he had a gut feeling that it wasn't her and that they were wasting time trying to figure out the real killer(s). Alas, professional occupations such as being associated with the criminal justice category don't go by 'gut feelings'. Everything is determined by Facts, Analysis, and Evidence. There isn't a certain look for a killer. Even those who switch up their mannerisms in order to fit in, will eventually be caught.

Diamond could hear everything they were saying, it was if they didn't even try to be secretive about it. She's not one for showing her anxiety out in public but this time she just couldn't hold it in. She kept tapping her foot and fiddling with her hands.

Most people would've thought she was anxious about getting 'caught'. That wasn't it at all, she was anxious about what her mother would think. Her father is always working, trying to indulge himself in more wealth. Hence his name, Filthy Rich. It wasn't common that her father would come for this, but she would only hope.

Finally, the door opened. Diamond was at the edge of her seat, feeling both anxious and relieved. A slim figure could be seen. black heels, black fur coat. Black, the colour of death. Once she laid eyes on the colour the figure was wearing, she automatically assumed it was her mother.

The figure turned their head around and it was most definitely not her mother. The person did look familiar though, but she couldn't tell bc of the extra rhinestone studded sunglasses.

"Oh haha, darling thank you for driving me here." She flicked her wrist at the driver outside while walking in and finally closing the door.

The woman walked over to where Detective Donut and Officer Swirl were talking.

"May I help you, Miss?" Officer Swirl asked, sitting in the chair of the front office.

"Miss? Ah, thank you. Being called that really reminds me of my younger years." The lady chuckled to herself and wiped a tear from her face. "Now, I'm looking for Diamond Tiara."

"She's over there. Why? Who are you?" Detective Donut asked, crossing her arms and looking at the woman suspiciously.

"Ahh my beautiful Diamond!!" She skurried over with her heels and hugged Tiara.

Diamond Tiara hugged the stranger back. "Lady get off of me." she scoffed.

The woman hugged her tighter and discreetly asked. "Do you want to get out of here or would you rather wait for your mother to pick you up?" she popped her lips at the end of her sentence.

"Fine." Diamond Tiara broke the hug and mumbled under her breath.

The woman grabbed Diamond's hand and walked back over to the office desk where the two stood. "I'm Diamond's Aunt. I'm from her mother's side of course." She spoke in a heavier accent than when she first walked in here.

The officer and detective looked at Diamond Tiara to get a response from her. Diamond shook her head up and down and gave a big smile.

"Alright, then. ID?" DD asked.

"Ah I was rushing to get here when I found out about Diamond, I forgot it at home darlings!"

"Sorry then we can't let you go, Miss." Detective Donut said, with a little sass.

"Do you know who Diamond's mother is? A wealthy, CEO of a huge company. She would be furious if she wasn't home right now. I mean falsely accusing my niece is one thing but not even calling the parents in is another. You're very lucky that I'm here to pick her up or you two wouldn't have gone home. Her parents are extremely busy, they don't have time to change their schedules for rushed situations such as these."

"Sorry ma'am, it's all we can do. We can't just bend rules."

"Ah I see. The police can easily make a known murderer an officer yet I can't get my niece all because I left my ID at home. Interesting."

Officer Swirl rolled his eyes. "Go."

"Thank you for your time, sir." She smirked.

"WHAT. You're a known-" the voice of Detective Donut cut off as the door closed. Diamond and the strange woman walked out of the building, and to Diamond's surprise there was a white limo parked outside.

Diamond opened the door and took a seat. The woman took off her hair out of a bun and closed the door.

She looked around, the car smelled so familiar. She looked towards the front seat. There was a person with long blonde hair in the passenger seat. The stranger woman started to look more familiar to Diamond after she saw the woman's hair. The loose, purple curls looked so familiar

The lady took off her glasses. The blonde and the purple haired ladies turned towards Diamond Tiara and showed their face. Diamond finally realized who they both were and was shocked.

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝟐𝐤 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝟏.𝟔𝐤. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟓𝟎 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬.

𝐐𝐎𝐓𝐂: Favourite social media app?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.1M 44.3K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
14.6K 554 19
What started as an inconvenient sore throat spiraled into a constant mental war, and Amity has to find a way to express her feelings before it's too...
122K 2.5K 33
"𝑺𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏." * * * * * * * * * ⚠️ THIS STORY IS UNDER HEA...
2.3K 102 19
(Lux and Jinx) I never had a special connection to Jinx. But when she left, a piece of me has broken apart. She had that piece. And she never brought...