π‘¬π’šπ’†π’” 𝑢𝒏 𝑼𝒔|Book 1

By nenewritesometimes

"You trust me?" I look up at him, staring into his light brown eyes that stared directly at me. It felt like... More

I. Still At The Bottom
II. Same Ole, Same Ole
III. Night Terror
IV. Awkward
V. Here We Go Again
VI. Party Fail
VII. Best Day Ev-
VIII. Underneath The Stars
IX. Standing Up
X. Nobody's Perfect
XI. Night Of The Past
XIII. Shut Up, I'm Over It
XIV. Hot In Here
XV. I Just Can't
XVI. Hold Me
XVII. No More Tears
XVIII. Then He Kiss Me
XIX. Life Of Da Party
XX. Horny On My Mind
XXI. Burnout
XXII. Your Mine and You Know It
XXIII. So Into You
XXIV. You'll Never Learn
XXV. Sunday Madness
XXVI. Closer and Closer
XXVII. I Got My Baby
XXVIII. Abnormal Meeting
XXIX. The Talk
Chapter XXX. Never See You Again
Chapter XXXI. Back To New
Chapter XXXII. Uh Oh!
Chapter XXXIII. Be Honest, Onest
Chapter XXXIV. Remmber Me
Chapter XXXV. Tears In Heaven
Chapter XXXVI. Bonnie n' Clyde
Chapter XXXVII. On The Road
Chapter XXXVIII. Fallin' For Ya
Chapter XXXIX. What You Don't Know
Chapter XL. Won't Lose You
XLI. Doin' It
XLII. I Hate You Pt. 1
XLIII. I Hate You Pt. 2
XXLIV. All Your Fault
XLV. Finding My Way Back
XLVI. At Its Best
XLVII. An Onest Mistake
XLVIII. Starting New
XLIX. Replaceable In A Sec.
L. Mrs. Petty
LI. That's My Best Friend
LII. Can't Raise A Man
LIII. So Damn Good
LIV. Fame To The Head
LV. Thinking 'bout You
LVI. Under The Mistletoe
LVII. New Year, No Us
LVIII. The Price of Fame Pt.1
LIX. The Price of Fame Pt.2
LX. Quiet Uptown
LXI. One More Try
LXII. Eyes On Us
EYES ON US SEQUEL

XII. Midnight City

27.7K 1.7K 663
By nenewritesometimes

Trenton, New Jersey

Anneliese Hudson
"Midnight City"

Not that I don't got good vision, but I don't see competition
They want me to come and help them but I am not a magician
I'm on them fo-fours I'm tipping, you better move out my way
I am not here to play, Pinkprint can't be delayed

Win Again by Nicki Minaj played on my tv as I sat in front of my dresser. I look at the little bit of clothes I had that were laid out in front of me. Summer was just a week away and the weather was already getting hot. It was getting to that time where the hoodies had to go sadly.

But, that was really all I had. Hoodies, sweatshirts, sweats, long sleeves. Basically, I didn't have any summer clothes. Not to mention, but I was starting my two new jobs this summer.

Since I was a sophomore in high school, I was the team manager for my high school football team; Trenton Central Tornadoes. The coach had a likening in me and not the weird type of likening.

Even though I was antisocial, I was able to get the work done. Plus, my major was in sports medicine so I basically was the perfect fit for the job. I couldn't get paid while I was in school, but now that I was of age the money was gonna come my way. I was also going to babysit from time to time just to make extra cash on the side.

I was looking forward to going back to an occupation I adored. I felt comfortable in the football scenery and even though I barely talked to the boys, they were still nice to me.

I let out a small sigh already knowing what I had to do. I needed money for new clothes and at the moment, I didn't have enough. And only person I could ask for money was my dad.

"I can't wait to start working." I mumbled standing up. I paused the music on my tv then grabbed my phone.

I put on my slides before heading out my room. Walking downstairs, I heard my dad grumbling. I sigh, getting myself together before walking in the kitchen. He stood behind the counter staring at papers in front of him. I walked over and he look up at me.

"Hell do you want?" He asked aggressively and I tuck in my lips

"I need to ask you two things." I told him tapping my nails on the counter, lightly.

"I hope one of them things is asking where you can find a damn job at. All these bills and your not helping with shit." He remarked and I roll my eyes.

"I mean I would be helping if you didn't make me quit my other job just cause you wanted me home. I also go food shopping every now and then, so I help." I told him.

"That stupid ass job at McDonald's wasn't doing shit." He said and I shrugged my shoulders not even caring anymore.

"Okay, umm well I need to ask you something." I said again.

"What the fuck is it?"

"I need money...for clothes." I told him and he quickly look up at me.

"I thought I got you clothes already? Why do you need more?"

"Those clothes were...I just need new clothes for summer." I told him not bothering to explain what happened to the ones he bought me.

Let's just say I was wearing them when things happened and now they're hidden. He sigh, shaking his head and reaching in his pocket. He took out his wallet then handed me his debt card.

"Anything else ya spoil ass fucking need?" He exclaimed.

"I need you car." I told him and he scoffed.

"Jesus, your annoying at times." He muttered giving me his keys. I thanked him lowly before leaving.

I was annoying, but-never mind. I shook my thoughts out my head walking out the house and going to his car. I got inside, instantly smelling liquor. I shook my head, putting the key in the ignition and starting it up.

At least I could still get money out of him.

I grabbed my bags then headed out of Forever 21. I made sure I had everything as I started walking. My phone vibrated and I took it out my pocket.

Onest☺️

Yooo, little one!!!

Yooo, Onest!!!

whatchu doing?

shopping

aight u tryna go
for a ride later tn?

where we gonna go

doesn't matter
so u in

yes sir

aight imma see u later

I smile to myself putting my phone back in my pocket. I continued walking through the mall.

"Aye, you wanna be in our YouTube video?" A boy asked coming up to me. I couldn't even answer before he asked his question.

"Would you rather have a gay son or thot daughter?" He asked, I roll my eyes walking around him.

I wasn't in the mood for that. Plus, their questions were always stupid and I didn't want to be in it. As I headed to the entrance, I ended up seeing the girl from the other day walking in with her friends. We ended up making eye contact and she stopped me.

"Umm, hi." I awkwardly greeted her as she stood in front of me.

"Are you and Onest dating?" She asked and I tuck in my lips.

"Umm, no."

"So, what are y'all?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Friends, I think." I answered.

She look me up and down before walking off. I tuck in my lips then walking out.

Weird.

დ︎დ︎დ︎

"So, your working as a team manager?" Onest asked and I nodded my head eagerly.

I had told him about my job opportunity this summer. I was so happy to get back out there and I wanted to share my joy with him. I mean I felt comfortable enough to do so.

"Yeah, basically. I'm gonna help the coach and make sure all the equipment or whatever." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"You seem happy." He said, nudging my arm and I smirk. "Was that your major or something?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah, sports medicine. It's a good opportunity for me."

"So, you going to college for it?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Nah, I can't."

"You can't?"

"I mean I can, I just can't necessarily afford it at the moment. It's not like I won't go, I will when I get the opportunity though. But, it's whatever." I answered, shrugging my shoulders again.

"I hope you not thinking about giving up?" He asked. I tuck in my lips, not answering since I wasn't even sure anymore.

"I'm taking the silence as a yes. Why you giving up?"

"Ion know, it just seems pointless right now. Plus, never mind." I shook my head leaning back in the seat.

I started playing with my jacket zipper thinking about the real reason why I wanted to give up. Confidence was on a zero and I really didn't have the courage to do anything anymore. My dreams were always shut down from the gecko, so I just didn't have the inspiration anymore.

But, you never know what might happen.

"It's not pointless, especially, if that's something you want to do for a living. Ain't about what's waiting on the other side, it's the climb!" He started singing and I chuckled looking over at him.

"Are you singing The Climb by Miley Cyrus?" I asked and he started laughing.

"Yes I am." He answered, nodding his head. I started laughing as he started singing again.

"The struggles I'm facing. The chances I'm taking!"

"Onest..." I said staring dead at him as he continued singing. I put my hand over his mouth and he squinted his eyes at me.

"You serious right now?" I asked and he just stare at me. I took my hand off his mouth and we just look at each other.

The look he gave me was weird, but nether one of us looked away. His eyes was a light brown color and it was pretty.

"Your hand smells nice."

"Your so weird."

დ︎დ︎დ︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 237 9
Third and final addition to the 'Three Words Series' Naomi and Theo have grown in more ways than one. They've spent years apart but still together in...
631K 23.9K 67
"Why do you do that?" "Do what?" "Talk down on yourself. Every time you get frustrated with yourself you resort to talking bad about yourself." "Thos...
190K 12.2K 50
Vision of Love Book 2 *read book 1 before this* You're special to me. You're the only one who I wouldn't mind losing sleep for, the only one who I ca...
1.1M 70K 41
"Been about you, since I met you and imma keep it that way" You're special to me. You're the only one who I wouldn't mind losing sleep for, the only...