Just Fate

By humanitis

Priya Gupta and Rahul Bhatia, two ordinary people whose families have been friends for a very long time. A c... More

Part One: Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Part Two: Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Fifteen

16.5K 457 6
By humanitis

Priya's  POV 

    What the hell happened last night?

    "What the fuck?!" I screamed loud enough to wake Rahul up. He jolted up in shock and got off the bed instantley. Entirely naked. "Geez, cover yourself! And what the hell happened last night? I can't sleep with you. No. No. No. Tell me we didn't sleep together, god!" I yelled walking back and forth panicking. This was my biggest nightmare. Seven years ago, I would have done anything to make this happen, but now was just not the best timing. He immediatley took the bedsheet and covered the bottom part of his body. 

    "Look I know it's not the best news, but we did sleep together. But there is no need to panic, I mean we were drunk. It does't matter. What's done is done." he said shrugging his shoulders. I couldn't believe it. This was not a big deal to him at all. This was all casual to him. I  bet he screwed a lot of women in his life. I was freaking out and he just stood there casually picking up his pants and putting them on. 

    "What do you mean it's no big deal? I just slept with you. You. Rahul Bhatia. I mean don't you remember what happened seven years ago or do I need to go over it again?" I said walking to my closet and pulling out a long sweatshirt that went up to my knees. 

    "Wait. That's it. I think I remeber now." He said with an alarmed look. I stood there confused waiting for him to elaborate as he placed his hand on his head trying to remember. "I came up here last night to clarify things, thats when you pushed me away and the next thing I know your pinned on the wall and we are making out and then you were on the bed-"

    "Ahh I don't need the details. Wait, what do you mean by clarify things?" 

    "Well to talk about what happened seven years ago. Look as much as you want to ignore it we have to talk this out. Our parents are great friends and I don't want things to be this awkward everytime we meet. I mean one way or another we always end up in the same spot. We fight and we leave eachother and then we meet again. And it's awkward. So let's just talk this through" he said pointing at the both of us. He was still shirtless which made me even more nervous than I was around him. His hotness was unbarable, I wanted to throw myself at him right there, right then. But I managed to resist it. Control it. 

    "Fine. Then let's get this over with shall we? Who starts?" I said crossing my arms arrogantly.

    "No. Not like that. Come on, get dressesd. Let's take a walk by the pool"

    "Seriousley?" I asked. He nodded. "Fine." I said storming into the bathroom.

Rahul's POV

    Priya showed up at the lobby wearing  jean shorts and white crop top with an infinity sign on it. Her skinny legs were in her white vans and her hair in a messy bun. She had changed a lot since I last saw her.  We exited the lobby and walked py the pool in total silence. I had so much to say last night, but by now it was dug into the bottom of my stomach. We arrived at the restraunt near the pool and decided to get some lunch. We sat down as the waiter put down two menu cards infront of us. She looked at the card attentivley and gave her order. My eyes couldn't stop looking at her. There was something about her. Something different, a spark. I suddenly heard the waiter calling me 

    "Señor" (Translation: "Sir") he looked at me with his eyes wide open waiting for me to give my order 

    "Si, lo siento. Pon me una hamburgesa de pollo y una cerveza. Gracias" (Translation: "Yes, sorry. Put me a chicken hamburger and a beer. Thanks") I said handing him the menu. For the next minute there was nothing but silence. Until she broke it. 

    "So, what happened between you and Michaela in the end? You still dating her?" She asked looking her plate avoiding eye contact. 

    "Um... she... she cheated on me two weeks later" I said with embarrassment  also looking down at my plate. I was ashamed. She was right. Michaela was a slut. After our fight I was just too ashamed to face Priya and apologize. Guilt rushed through my body as the words came out of my mouth. She nooded and mumbled a little apology. "So, us. What happened between us seven years ago. I guess we both were really crazy. I mean the whole situation was crazy, you had feelings for me, I had feelings for Michaela. God I mean we would have been complicated anyway but I guess you were right about Michaela, or as you call her, Voldemort." I said trying to get the awkwardness over with. She gave a little laugh and answered

    "What do you mean we would have been complicated. You didn't even try. You chose her over me and then blamed it on me. There is no reason for us to be complicated, I mean if we both can be best friends for so long, inseparable when we were small, we could have worked out a relationship. We could have atleast tried. But no. Michaela was more important." she sipped her beer still avoiding eye contact with me. 

    "Hey look, I didn't know Michaela would turn out like that and besides, we were best friends. If we screwed up a relationship, we screwed up our friendship too." I said putting my argument forward

    "Sure, Michaela tell you to get rid of drugs for her, but no, she is a good girl. And there was nothing to scew a relationship between us Rahul. We would have been perfect together. Everyone thought so. It was worth the risk." Before I could answer my phone started ringing. With an annoyed face I pulled it out of my pocket.

    "Great, it's my mother." I said before I picked it up and faked a smile, and tone. "Mum, hey."

    "Rahul dear, where are you? Do you know where Priya is? We have been trying to get hold of you chilren all morning, where are you guys? Please tell me Priya is with you?" she sounded very upset, and pissed.

    "Yeah mum don't worry, we are fine. Priya and I are having lunch down by the poolside. Where are you guys?" I said attempting to calm her down. My mother gave out a big sigh and responded 

    "Oh thak god. Where were you guys last night? I came to your room at night, you weren't there?" She asked. I froze. I couldn't tell her the truth, I started panicking thinking of an excuse.

    "Hold on mum, one sec" I covered the microphone of my phone and asked Priya "Priya, deep trouble, my mother is asking where we were last night. What should I  tell her?" she looked at me with big eyes. I could tell she was panicking too.

    "Um... Oh tell her we were at the casino" she said flicking her fingers. I nodded and replied to the other end of the phone

    "We were at the casino mum." I said with relief. 

    "Oh, alright. Had a fun night then did you?" Yes, my mind yelled recalling the kiss. 

    "Yes mum" That fact, was infact true. Wether I was drunk or not, I could sense it was good. Really good. 

    "Oh good, well you two kids have fun. Give me a call later, your father and I are going to be spending the day with the Gupta's. Alright see you then." before I could answer anymore, she hung up on me. What was up with her? She was acting a little different. Normally she would want me by her side all day, now she didn't really care where I was. Strange.

    "Well, our parents are going to be spending the day together" I said putting my phone back into my pocket.

    "Great, so where does that leave us?" 

    "Well, we spend the whole day together I guess" a rush of excitement run through my body as I said that. I don't know why, but it just did. My heart started beating faster as she suddenly unclipped her hair and got up from her seat.

    "Fantastic" she said before exiting the restrraunt. I followed her and stopped her

    "Wow, where are you going?" I said grasping her hand

    "Well we have the hotel till night so I'm going for a swim. You coming or what?" She said walking towards the pool.

    After our fun swimming sessions we almost forgot that two days ago, we hated eachother. We were laughing our asses off and having a blast. We walked back to the room when things turned silent again. She nervousley opened her door, she oviousley didn't want to repeat the events of last night. 

    "So, hey, you want to grab some dinner?" I asked her with my hands in my pockets, shyly. I couldn't have enough. I wanted to spend more time with her. I wanted to spend all my time with her. I missed her. A lot. 

    "Um... sure. Meet you down in ten?" I nodded and a smile extended on my face. I think I just asked her out. Weird. I walked down the hallway to my room when my phone started vibrating. I picked it up and answered it

    "Hello?"

    "Rahul dear, it's your mother. How was your day? Did you have fun with Priya?"

    "Hey mum, yeah, we are actually going to dinner now"

    "Oh thats fantastic" she said with great enthusiasm. Again, weird. "Anyways listen, we have some big news actually, do you remember Mr Singh's daughter, Alia Singh?" I scratched my head for a moment trying to remember, and I did. Alia Singh was  the worst enemy me and Priya had. She was the biggest bully back in high school and always tried to tare me and Priya apart, thankfully, our friendship had a stronger bond. 

    "Yes why?"

    "Oh well dear she is getting married in two days. Now I know you and Priya don't like her very much, but her parents are close friends of ours, so we will be attendin the wedding. All of us, even the Gupta's. Now we have already booked the tickets, however there was a little probblem. We couldn't get a flight for all of us to go together and seeing that you and Priya are getting along so well we booked a separate fligh for you guys. We will be leaving shortly for Italy, your flight is tomorrow at noon, till then I suggest  you stay at Priya's house tonight, understand?" For a moment I was frozen and speechless. How was this happening so fast and why were our parents isolating me and Priya all the time? There was so much I had to ask my mother but before I could say anything she cut me off "I'm sorry for such a late warning darling, but all the details are in Priya's house. You have to check out of the hotel in an hour. Good luck dear, see you in Italy. You can call me again in three hours. Feel free to tell Priya. Bye" she immediatley hung up on me. At this moment I was really pissed. This has never happened to us before. I can't believe this is happening. I walked out of my room and walked back into Priya's room. I knocked on the door angrily. She opened it and I was stuck. She looked beautiful. She was wearing a pink summer dress, with her hair loose and white wedges on her feet. I had never seen anything more amazing in my life. I stared at her until she cleared her throat and woke me from my short distraction. 

    "Um.. hey. Listen, we need to talk. Urgently". She stepped away and let me come in. "So my mother just called and said that Alia Singh is getting married in two days and that we have to go." she was about to say something when I stopped her and interrupted her "Wait, thats not all. The wedding is in Italy and our parents are already on the flight, they told me that all our tickets and bags are at your  apartment and that we have to stay there at night and go together tomorrow at noon." She looked at me confused. She laughed a little and said

    "You joking right?" her eyes opened widley staing at me in fear.

    "No. I know it's strange. I have to say, something is going on between our parents, and I want to find out what it is." She placed her hand on her forehead and agreed with my decision.

    "So what do we do now?" she asking walking back and forth with her hand on her stomach. 

    "Well, we have one hour to check out. I say we head back to you apartment and just eat dinner there instead. There is no other option. We have to catch that flight tomorrow." she looked at me momentarily, walked up to her bed, and sat down. I followed her and sat down beside her. "You ok?" I asked her placing my hand  on her shoulder. She looked at me, smiled and nodded. 

    We got to Priya's house in around two hours and were already done with dinner. Priya was a great cook. After a fun dinner we decided to call it a night and hit the bed. I turned in the bed for almost two hours before I got sick of it. I couldn't believe it was happening to me. I couldn't stop thinking about Priya, about how her soft lips felt against mine last night. I got up and walked to her room desperate to kiss her. I turned on the lights and scremed.

    "That's it, we are settling everything out now." she opened her eyes slowly and got out of bed  confused

    "What the hell are you talking about?" she said crossing her arms whilst sitting on her bed.

    "After you left, it was impossible for me to be around anywhere, I was depressed. I thought you forgot me. And then when I saw you in Vancouver, things got awkward again. I didn't want to be with you, but at the same time I was dying to be with you. Michaela was just a big excuse. Wether I knew it at that time or not. But I was pissed. I hated you. You didn't contact me, at all, if you would have you would have realised how freaking crazily I was in love with you Priya. That's why I said we could have been together. I was so pissed after that, that I couldn't be with you. I just couldn't so I focused on Michaela. I pushed you away. I wanted you to feel what I felt. And now..." I stopped. I know what I wanted to say, I just wasn't sure I should. So I changed the question "Why? Why didn't you tell me?" I said. She got up to answer

    "Why? Well here is why,  because I am the biggest loser who didn't want to lose the freaking love of her life by confessing her feelings towards him. And then in Vancouver I got screwed over by that person. Revenge played against me. Your stupid revenge against me just put a bigger whole through my heart." She was almost crying. "What was I to do? You wanted to go to London, and me to America. We were on different paths." she said with guilt. 

    "Are you crazy? Do you even know why I ended up in Vancouver? It was because of you. I followed you back then and I'm going to follow you now. Why? Because I'm in fucking love with you" I couldn't believe it. The words I had been keeping inside me finally escaped and angrily I walked towards Priya and kissed her. I didn't want to be away from her anymore. I wanted her, badly. I had never accepted this to myself before, but I was desperate for her. She kissed me back hungrily, our layer of clothes started decreasing again. 

Priya's  POV 

    I woke up the next morning and found Rahul staring at me. 

    "How long have you been staring at me like a creepy old man" 

    "Well only a few minutes. You looked so peaceful sleeping. And it's called observing your beautiful girlfriend sleep, not staring like a creepy old man" he said as he leaned it and placed a soft kiss on my lips. Joy, excitement at happiness rushed through my spine everytime he kissed me. He kissed my neck and I chucked.

    "So your my boyfriend now?" I said teasing him. 

    "I would be your boyfriend even if you didn't want me to. There is no way I am letting you go now" he said playing with my hair. I smiled and kissed him back passionatley. 

    "Come on, we have got a flight to catch." I said getting up from the bed. Before I could get any further, Rahul's hand pulled me back in bed

    "Oh no, our flight is at noon. We still have three hours to leave for the airport. Imagine all that can happen in three hours. Five times." he said with a smirk on his face. Before I knew it we were back digging into eachother hungrily. This was everything I ever wanted. It felt right. I didn't want the moment to end. Ever. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 99.7K 57
Rehan's mother is a typical Indian mother, who wants to get her son married before he turns 28. And also she doesn't want him to marry his cunning au...
719K 32.5K 53
[Edited β€’ Completed β€’ Revised] When twenty four years old software engineer, Shree Jaisingh is proposed to marry an equally talented, young and fortu...
100K 4.6K 49
After fulfilling the deal Prachi made with Rhea. She was left heartbroken. And to make things worse Rhea was detaching her from the family too, makin...
81.1K 3.2K 31
"Biwi, biwi lagti hai yeh meri. Aur kuch sunna hai?" ***** "Jab biwi nahi thi tab itna farq parra tha ab to biwi ho" ****** " tumhara hi hu , andar b...