Misunderstood [K.P]

By ponyosmom35

Madison is the younger sister of the well known Salvatore brothers, she has gone through hell and back for he... More

Background Info
Preface
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Epilogue
Prequel
AN

Chapter Forty One

899 18 11
By ponyosmom35

"that's not quite the reunion I expected"

"that was for all the shit you pulled"

"I guess I deserve that"

"I you missed a lot" she admits, pulling him into a hug as tight as she possibly can and he does the same. The feeling of his arms wrapped around her body is enough to bring tears to her eyes. She had begged the universe for just one last moment with him so many times, she had spent countless hours crying herself to sleep, as he plagued her in her sleep as well. Now she had him back in her arms. It was like nothing had changed, he was still the exact same.

"I missed you too", They pull away but he keeps his arm wrapped around her while continuing to hold her as close as possible.

"so I take it you don't have someone else?" he says

"I couldn't move on"

"In hell, Cade has unique tortures for everyone it's a fun little party trick he uses, and mine was watching you die in every way possible. It was all so real and I never knew if you were actually dead or if it was just a mind game" he admits

"Kai its ok, now we are together and Cade is not gonna take you away from me"

"look no offense but you're human now, you have no chance against him" he says

"he's right mads you need to stay out of this" Damon says

"how can I?"

"Maddie can I talk to you alone?" he asks, she nods and smiles as he grabs her hand and walks them over to the corner of the cave

"So I'm sure you know about what I did that night we..." he says

"Kai?" she says sadly

"what? did something happen?"

"the baby didn't make it" she responds sadly as tears begin to fill her eyes, she decides not to mention how in fact she'd lost in knowing that Kai would terrorize the already broken man until he had nothing left. Kai stares down at her sadly and places a hand on her cheek, she smiles slightly and leans into him enjoying the feeling of his warm skin against her own after all this time.

"Oh god I'm so sorry"

"me too"

-

She sits in the car with Kai and Damon, she was in the front and Kai is in the middle back playing on his phone, while Damon talks to Bonnie. Kai breaths on the window and draws a heart and writes m+k in it. He shows her and laughs and while she winks at him. Once Damon is done talking they park and hop out of the car but watch as Kai struggles, she raises her eyebrows and snorts as he trips out of the car. Once he gets out he walks to her and grabs her hand and we walk to Damon into the grill. We take a seat at the bar and of course, they leave her to sit in the middle as Damon interrogates Kai about how in the hell he's here once again. However, Kai ignores him and lifts his phone up, and snaps a quick selfie of the two of them.

"this is definitely Instagram worthy" he says kissing her cheek, She nods and frowns as she feels a sharp pain in her stomach. Both of them sense it at the same time and whip around to see a large bloodstain spreading in her shirt and she falls off of the chair, Kai is able to catch her just in time and brings her back to her feet as he brushes a piece of hair out of her face gently. Damon lifts his bleeding wrist up and she takes several gulps of the blood feeling herself heal.

"what happened?" Kai asks,

"stefan he's hurt"

"why would that affect you?"

"we're linked" She informs him

"I can perform an unlinking spell now let me just-"

"no I need to make sure he stays safe" she refuses to ignore Kai's confused gaze

"I'll call Caroline" Damon says

"are you ok?"

"I think so" responds as Damon returns sitting down and drinking the rest of his bourbon.

"that's new" Kai mumbles blood from his nose, he wipes it on his pants and shrugs it off, Maddie stares at him angrily waiting for him to explain why he was bleeding randomly. He notices her gaze and she raises her eyebrows so he sighs.

"I think I'm slipping back into the double hockey sticks" without a warning he then leans over and empties the contents of his stomach which happens to be just full of blood onto the floor of the grill. Several people stare at us and he just shrugs it off as Damon hauls him off of the chair and over to a booth before sitting across from them.

"are you ok cutie?" a waitress asks walking over to them and placing a hand on Kai's shoulder, Maddie stares up at her angrily wondering why in the hell this woman had her hands on her man and glares at her.

"he's fine thanks"

"lactose and tolerant" Kai comments raising his hand and shrugging her off of his shoulder, she releases her grip and Maddie moves closer to him and places her hand on his thigh. He turns and looks at her surprised however she continues glaring at the waitress.

"can we just get napkins thanks" Damon responds, the woman nods and struts away leaving the three alone. Kai turns to his girlfriend and smirks at her

"you're jealous "

" no I'm not" she defends herself crossing her arms, Damon rolls his eyes and runs his hands through his hair angrily. Not only did he now have to deal with Kai Parker but also his sister who sure as hell wouldn't be letting him go this time.

"jealous "

"well after 4 years I think I'm allowed to be"

"thats true"

"Kai you don't look so good, is there anything I can do?" she asks rubbing his thigh hoping to bring him some sort of comfort

"ugh it feels like I'm being dragged back to hell, ugh I can't go back there you're on fire all the time and all I saw was Maddie die everyday" he complains shuttering at the thought of watching her burning alive, she rubs his hand wishing she could do more to make this situation better. Without a warning Damon gets up from the table and takes a phone call leaving the two alone, Kai leans turns, and pulls her into his arms enjoying the feeling of her skin against his once again.

"why didn't you move on?" he asks softly

"I tried, once I found out that raising someone from hell was impossible I accepted the fact that you were gone and I'd never see you again. But I just couldn't bring myself to be with another man, it just felt wrong. The only person I want is you"

"I'm sorry you went through all of that, none of this should have happened to begin with"

"it shouldn't have"

"I wish I could take it back" he admits

"me too, but you can't now all we can do is worry about spending the rest of your time together"

"Damon is never gonna let that happen"

"he's gonna have to because I'm not losing you again Kai" she mumbles pulling back and staring at him seriously. He lifts his hand to her face and places his palm against her cheek kissing her softly, they both instantly melt into each other as the simple act made them feel much better. She had missed the feeling of his lips against her's more than anything, the way he kissed her made her feel loved like she was the single most important person in the entire world. When Kai kissed her it made her feel like she was home, and she wasn't going to let anyone ruin that, not even her brother. After the two break apart they follow Damon to the alleyway behind the grill and he walks over to them.

"the boss found out you're here, Cade is coming for you"

"Wait oh my god, what do we do?" Kai asks faking a worried expression by placing his hands over his mouth

"we find a way to redeem you" she offers

"what?"

"I'm talking about atonement"

"something to ease all the pain you caused" Damon says

"I hate this already. what does he want?" Kai says

"its not up to him its up to me because once you're forgiven redemption is possible" Damon

"if you want my forgiveness your gonna bring Elena back to life now, and then you're going to get the hell out of this town and never bother my sister again" Damon says, Kai glances over at his girlfriend and she nods watching as Kai steps forward and snaps her brother's neck watching as he falls to the ground. She stares at him sadly knowing that she and Kai could never be with each other as long as Damon felt the way he did. Both of them want to spend as much time together as possible before cade finds Kai and takes him back. Elena wasn't their number one priority because after not seeing him for 4 years she can wait a bit longer, for the past couple years it was always about her, now she was choosing to make a decision for herself.

A few hours after they had made it out of Virginia and were trying to decide where to start their new life together, they wanted to live in a small town where nobody would bother them. This was going to be the peace they so desperately wanted, currently, they were debating between Niantic Connecticut and Lubec Maine. Both were extremely small towns where they would certainly be able to live quietly. Maddie had been doing research on both towns and it was a hard call, however they were able to decide that Niantic would be their new home. It was a small town right on the ocean with a population of just over three thousand, this place would be perfect, they could find a home on the water and spend whatever time they had left in a cute home which she would decorate to perfection.

"I can't wait to start forever with you" Kai states moving his attention from the road and over to her with a smile on his face. She reaches over and brushes her thumb across his cheek gently as he turns his gaze back to the road. Before she can respond her phone rings and she sighs as this was the call she'd been expecting all night.

"Hello?"

"Maddie what the hell have you done?" Stefan asks angrily

"I'm making a decision to be happy Stef"

"The world is literally going to end, I'm sorry but your happiness isn't a number one priority"

"Thats the thing brother, it never was. But now I'm taking my life into my own hands, we're leaving and we're not coming back" she tells him trying to ignore the pang in her heart as she imagines his face. She hated hurting him but it had to be done. Kai then reaches over and grabs her free hand stroking it gently as she tries to push back the tears in her eyes.

"Now is quite literally the worst time for you to have a coming of age moment where you go off on your own" he grumbles

"I don't care Stefan after all these years I haven't had one day of peace, even when I moved out you both dragged me into your problems even after I told you I was done! Now that we're human again I'm going to take advantage of that and I'm gonna be happy with whatever time I have left with Kai and nothing you can say will change that"

"Ok if thats what you want then I will support you, I want you to be happy Mads and I'm sorry for ever making you doubt that" Stefan sighs, the truth was he wasn't upset with her decision, he wanted her to be happy. He just wasn't ready to lose her, he knew that once she left she would stick to her word, she wouldn't come back.

"Thank you"

"Goodbye sister"

"Goodbye brother"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 5 24
(Rewrite of the Vampire Diaries) Kai Parker x Original Character Book 1 of the Sociopathic Symphony Saga, a collection of books written about the sto...
700K 22.8K 44
❝ I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PAST, I ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE ❞ in which malachai parker plots the ultimate revenge scheme against the salvatore brot...
95.3K 2.9K 28
She had hoped that despite her family name leading her down a supernatural path, she'd manage to pull away from it and have a career free of vampires...
306K 9.4K 27
▌ ·˚ ༘ ミ 𝒐𝒐𝑖. ┊ ❪ 𝓛𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝓛𝙸𝙺𝙴 𝓛𝙴𝙶𝙴𝙽𝙳𝚂! ❫   ↳ 伝説のように生きる ❛ 𝖼𝗈𝗅𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝖿𝖺𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒔 �...