A New Reality

By Creative_Pan

Luna Dust was four when her father and mother passed which meant that she was taken into an orphanage. She's... More

Chapter 1 Life Before
Chapter 2 Meeting Him
Chapter 3 A New Home Pt 1
Chapter 4 New Home Pt 2
Chapter 5 Guessing Games and Movie Nights
Chapter 6 Chess Games and A Dramatic Mornings
Chapter 7 A Surprise Visit
Chapter 8 A Mind Filled Adventure
Chapter 9 The Truth
Chapter 10 Sides Bonding
Chapter 11 A Hypnotizing Fight
Chapter 12 Patience
Chapter 13 Intrusive Chaos
Chapter 14 Completive Gaming Sessions
Chapter 15 The Call
Chapter 16 His Friends
Chapter 17 School
Chapter 18 Unexpected
Chapter 19 Listening
Chapter 20 Learning
Chapter 21 Caught
Chapter 22 Morals
Chapter 23 Trouble
Chapter 24 Hidden Within
Chapter 25 Regrets
Chapter 26 A Walk in the Park
Chapter 27 Plans
Chapter 28 Friends?
Chapter 29 Starting Over
Chapter 30 Panic
Chapter 32 Advice
Chapter 33 The Dance
Chapter 34 Finally (The End)

Chapter 31 Crushing

41 0 0
By Creative_Pan

_Luna's POV_

I lied there in my bed confused about what I should feel. On one side I'm happy, but on the other, I'm quite scared. I counted my breaths as I sighed. There was nothing I could do about this. She wouldn't like me anyway so why worry about it.

'What's the point? I barely know her and she barely knows me,'

"One step at a time Luna. Don't make it obvious and relax." I say to myself.

"Luna. You do know the phrase 'Beauty can deceive' yes?" Hazel said sinking up.

"I've heard it enough. Why?"

"Well, all I'm saying is that if you do like her. Take it slow and don't rush it. Also, make sure it's not built off of lies."

"What if she's not what she seems? What if she is straight? WHAT IF-"

"Alright stop spiraling into your what if's. I'll probably tell you what to do knowing that the others will get irrational about all this."

I looked at Hazel desperately. She just sighed and ruffled my hair a bit making it messier than it already was.

"Heh, thanks, Haze."

"No, problem."

All of a sudden I heard the door burst wide open and then dad's voice rang out with excitement. Lexi sank up here quickly out of surprise.

"Yeah, not going into that one that's for sure," Lexi spoke.

"Heh, must've gotten the lead after all," I said with a smile. "Should I-"

"Yeah, be a witness," Hazel said shooing me.

I rolled my eyes playfully at her and went to the staircase. I saw Joan, Thomas, and the other sides with them doing the lines for an episode.

"Dad? Is everything ok- Oh hey Joan!"

They waved at me and Dad saw me leaning onto the staircase.

"Yeah, everything's alright for the most part! Do you want to help us out, Lu?"

"Sure!"

~A few hours later~

We decided that it was enough for the day and Joan went home. We put everything up and relaxed for the rest of the day. My mind never faded from the events that happened today. So I decided to ask dad about the strange feelings I've been having.

"Hey, dad."

"What is it kiddo?"

"How did you know that you liked Nico?"

He froze for a minute like he was deciding whether or not he should say it.

"Well...you know that mall food court where all three of us usually hang out at?"

"Yeah,"

"It's quite funny really." He said coming over to sit on the other side of the couch. "I saw him over there and my heart fluttered like crazy, almost like love at first sight if you wanna call it that. I was pretty awkward and tried to approach him. When I tried to get his attention non verbally I ended up knocking over a trash bin. Making a complete fool of myself, but in the end, we befriended each other over...boiled mail carrots."

I snorted trying to hold in my laughter. I give up and snickered.

"I thought you didn't like carrots!"

"W-well...I don't but I ordered them by mistake."

"Mistake 'he said," I spoke mocking him playfully.

"Hey!"

"You can't tell me that I'm wrong."

Then he gave me a certain look and I looked back at him confused.

"What?"

"Who's the special person?" He said with a mischievous grin on his face.

"What- No one-"

"Liar!" Hazel yelled from  Janus's room.

"Why do you do this?!?"

"Because I can! Closet girl!"

"Oh, you're one to talk Haze!"

"Sure!"

I sighed heavily as I palmed myself knowing that there was no use in arguing back.

"Sassy snake," I murmured. "If I tell you we won't have to talk about this anymore."

"Yup!"

"Fine, it's just some girl at my school who looks...attractive."

"Awe! My little girl has a crush!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah..."

"What is she like?"

"Adorable! Remember Lu Lu?!" Lexi said popping out.

"I remember Lex. Can we just drop this for now? Please." I pleaded.

"Alright fine. Only for now though." He said with a somewhat stern voice.

I held back a small laugh when he did that. I smiled blissfully while closing my eyes gently. I didn't realize that soon after a blanket was draped over my body. I fell asleep on the couch with a small smile on my face.

_Third POV_

A few minutes later after Luna fell asleep Thomas draped a blanket on top of her and saw a small grin on her face. He let out a small 'awe' before going on the other couch and grabbing the remote turning on Steven Universe. He got out his phone and scrolled through his social media. Little did he know that two of her sides were watching him from a distance. Raven and Hazel to be exact. Hazel still didn't trust him after the incident while Raven was too focused on Luna's safety to even consider Thomas as a parental figure. Today though they were at the table playing chess.

"Checkmate."

"Liar."

"Oh, how did you know that?"

"I just do."

"Fair enough."

To them, it wasn't just a game. They don't bet anything, they knew better, but they saw it as a test of intelligence. 

"Did you seriously forget that I'm the logical side?"

"No, out of all the others you're easy to handle. Which makes it easier to get things done around here. Besides the twins of course."

"Heh, yeah, and don't forget Jenni and Violet's issues," Raven said as she pushed her glasses up.

"Like I'd forget them."

To no surprise, Raven won and they sat in silence as Thomas went to the restroom leaving his phone on the couch. It was not until Raven spoke up.

"Is this worth it?"

"What?"

"All of this."

"Don't tell me you're giving up already. First Lexi now you."

"I'm not like her, I'm intelligent. At least that's what I want to be."

"Is it about her 'crush'?"

She nodded carefully messing with a night chesspiece.

"What if she comes to me for advice. You know that emotions aren't my thing."

"I know, just tell her the most logical answer you have and work up from there ok?"

"Alright."

"If she calls for you it must mean something. Just remember that ok?"

"Heh, alright. I'll do my best."

"Like you always do."

The two continued talking to each other until the night where they went to the mindscape to rest knowing that they'll have to deal with her situation for now and lay low about it.

.

.

.

.

.

(A/n: Hey guys! It's been around- Wow two months since I last updated. Hope it didn't worry anyone. Life happened and yeah! But Hey on the bright side it's summer vacation for me so that's fun. Btw I'm not dead writers' block and the end of school got in the way and caused me to stop. Besides that I'm alright. Hope you have a great day/night!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lily By Red/Rev

Fanfiction

75.4K 5.9K 100
Virgil Lily, Prince of Lillium, never really had a 'normal' life. He was housebound and treated differently... although that was because of his magic...
543 57 30
-Completed- Book 2 (The Sequel To The New Kid) Roman was known for his talent. He was an amazing singer and Football player. Everyone knew him, and e...
2.1K 149 14
Janus 'Deceit' Sanders and Remus 'Duke' Sanders have been bestfriends since the split, though Janus acted as the responsible, adult one despite being...
210K 9.8K 60
Despite being abandoned at an orphanage when he was just a few hours old with nothing more than a necklace and a name, Virgil was happy. He had a goo...