Destiny | Bucky Barnes [2]

By HannahDottier

"This plan is crazy." "It could be worse." "It's based on a movie!" ... More

Destiny
Graphics
Playlist and Trailer
Prolouge
Act 3
01|Lost Family
02|Aftermath of Sokovia
03|Royalty Friendship
04|Chained Fear
05|My Dear Soldier
06|My Princess
07|Safe Heaven
08|Building a Home
09|Sibling Reunion
10|Family Secrets
11|A Brother needs his Sister
12|Forgiveness is her Armour
13|They are my Brothers
14|Long Lost
15|The Devil's Anus
16|Get Help
17|Dragonrider
18|The Fall of Asgard
Act 4
19|Then There Were Two
20|Pirate Angel Parents
21|Frigga's Daggers
22|A Dusty Kiss of Death
Endgame poster
23|Even Hope Fractures
24|Vili's Legacy
25|We're No Longer Avengers
26|We All Have Missions
27|Home Is The Same But I'm Not
28|The Halls of Valhalla

29|My Sunshine & My Soldier

2.8K 66 67
By HannahDottier

(ps. listen to You Are My Sunshine at the end)

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"But before I go, remember
one thing, promise me one thing:
be brave when you're afraid."
~wordsbyjm
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Freya dear, you have to wake up."

Freya blinked, trying to allow her eyes to adjust to the light. "Mother?" Frigga smiled and helped Freya up. "Hello."

Freya frowned and looked around the red tinted world, her green eyes landed on a large golden gate. Then it clicked. She was at the entrance of Valhalla. At the gate stood her friends and family.

Odin

Loki

Fandral

Hogun

Volstagg

Natasha

Tony

Hlin and Frigga stood beside Freya.

"Am I dead?"

Hlin shook her head. "No, you have simply unlocked your full powers," Hlin said, gesturing to Freya's new white armour. The Soul Stone glistered from it's spot on her upper chest. "Then why am I here?" Freya asked, eyes fixed on the gate of Valhalla.

"Because Valhalla is your kingdom."

Frigga sighted and took Freya's hands in her own. "However it is time you return to the land of the living. Your family there is very worried." Frigga gestured to the air and an image was projected.

Freya was in a hospital bed. Bucky was on a chair by her side, sleeping. Idun was curled up in Bucky's lap. Thor was sprawled on a couch in a corner of the room. And ever so often, Freya could see someone peeking in through the window.

"Goodbye, I'll see you again," Freya promised, taking her mother and her aunt's hands before staring at her loved ones in Valhalla. "Make us wait," Hlin whispered, squeezing Freya's hand.

The first thing Freya felt when she woke, was Bucky's soft hair on her right hand. Her features turned into a look of adoration. Slowly, she lifted her hand and brushed it through his tousled hair.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration,"

Bucky stirred slowly and rolled his head to the side to smile up at her. "Good morning, doll." He sat up and leaned in to press a sweet kiss to her forehead. Freya's lips tugged up and she enjoyed the small sign of affection. "Good morning."

Bucky leaned back. "You were out for a day," He started, looking away. "We were worried." His lips twitched and Freya sat up, leaning closer to him. "I'm sorry." She pecked his cheek.

"I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now,"

"Mother!" Idun raced over from their own chair, jumping up onto the bed and flinging their arms around Freya's neck. "Hello, Blossom." Freya squeezed Idun back. "We're finally together again," Idun whispered. "Yeah, and we're going to keep it that way," Bucky said, wrapping an arm around the two.

"If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know?"

Dark heavy silk pooled around Freya's frame as she fastened the strings of her black dress. The dress she had worn to Frigga's funeral and to the funeral for The Warriors Three. She fastened the metal belt before fixing her braided hair.

"The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And, for better or worse, that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in,"

Freya stood behind the couch in the Stark living room, watching Tony's hologram. She had been in the Soulworld when Tony died, so she had felt his soul leave and join her kingdom. He had told her to play the message he had recorded in his helmet.

"So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting... In the case of an untimely death on my part. I mean, not that, death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's– it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end," Tony rose to his feet and walked towards the couch. "What am I even trippin' for? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to," He leaned in Morgan's direction with a comforting smile on his face. "I love you 3000."

Those who had been in the living room, followed Pepper and an unknown Asian woman outside. Both women carried wreaths, one for Tony and one for Natasha.

Tony's wreath held his first arc reactor with the words 'Proof That Tony Stark Has A Heart' written on it.

Natasha's wreath held a tea box, Freya actually knew the emotional value of the box. So it clicked when she saw an Asian woman with fair skin, dark hair and a knee brace, she realised who the woman was. The woman who had gifted Natasha that little wooden tea box.

Freya entwined her fingers with Bucky's, her other hand rested on Idun's shoulder as they watched the wreaths drift away on the lake.

"So, when can I expect you back?" Freya asked, eyes closed as she enjoyed the warm sun on her face. "Um–about that--" Thor was interrupted by Freya who had opened her eyes and turned to face him. "You're not planning on coming back....." She mumbled, trailing off.

Thor reached out, squeezing and shaking her shoulder a little.

"But, they need a king. They have served under a reagent for far too long," Freya spoke up. Thor shook his head, looking at her with that big brother gaze she knew so well. "They won't serve under a reagent."

Freya's eyes widened. "Thor, I am not their queen." Thor shook his head and turned to watch over New Asgard, the sun reflecting off of his sunglasses. "You are now," He walked closer to her and cupped her cheek. "These past five years you lead them when I couldn't. You stopped a civil war, you helped us rebuild, New Asgard wouldn't be here without you, Ghost. It's time for me to be who I am rather than who I'm supposed to be. But you, you're a leader. That's who you are."

Freya blinked away tears and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I'll miss you, Feathers."

The two pulled back and stared each other in the eye for a few seconds before they heard Nanna approaching.

"I take it he told you, Your Majesty." Nanna smirked and bowed ridiculously, making Freya laugh. "Yes, yes he has. I assume you made Brunnhilde, the Valkyrie Queen now." Nanna nodded at Freya's statement. "I'm sure you two will make good queens."

The two hugged each other tightly.

Thor and Nanna walked onto the Guardian's ship, leaving Freya on the hill.

"They're asleep now," Bucky spoke softly, tiptoeing into the living room, where Freya just walked in. "That's good...." For a moment there was an awkward silence, which was broken by Freya. "I heard about Steve, I am so sorry."

Bucky shrugged, looking away. "He had to have a last dance with his best girl. I probably would have done the same." He gave her that lopsided smile and Freya walked closer to him. "You needn't travel back in time to dance with me."

He wrapped an arm around Freya's waist pulling her closer. "Luckily I have you here in my arms." Slowly he swayed from side to side.

"Bucky, there's no music," Freya giggled, standing still. "Yes there is," He replied, still swaying. "The other night dear, as I lay sleeping. I dreamed I held you in my arms. But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken. So I hung my head and I cried."

Freya twirled before being pulled back into Bucky's arms, where she rested her head on his chest.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

Bucky rested his head on top of Freya's and continued to sing into her soft hair that smelled like roses.

"I'll always love you and make you happy, If you will only say the same. But if you leave me and love another, You'll regret it all some day: You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

Idun opened their bedroom door three inches and peeked through it. Watching their parents dancing together.

"You told me once, dear, you really loved me. And no one else could come between. But not you've left me and love another; You have shattered all of my dreams: You are my sunshine, my only sunshine You make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

Freya's eyes lulled close as she and Bucky continued to slow dance. The words of their song calming her. After all, their first dance together was to that song.

"In all my dreams, dear, you seem to leave me. When I awake my poor heart pains. So when you come back and make me happy. I'll forgive you dear, I'll take all the blame. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

Bucky peppered Freya's hairline with kisses and she pulled back laughing. Orange wisps formed around her hands and she floated up.

"Doll, that's cheating!" Bucky called. Freya floated down just enough to pepper his hairline with kisses. "No, I don't think so," She chuckled and then squealed as Bucky wrapped his arms around her waist, looking up at her.

A smitten look in his eyes. "I love you."

Freya leaned down and kissed him passionately. "I love you too.

a/n:
i enjoyed writing this. the bucky and freya
dance was a scene that has been in my head for
a very long time, and it's something that has made me
ship them again. i haven't really been feeling this story for
a while, but this chapter definitely changed that. also, it's weird
how perfect the song is for them! just look at the lyrics and their story.
anyway, this was the final chapter. i do have plans for a third book, but i have
to see in which movie or show i can fit that, so it might take a while. when i publish it,
ill update a chapter here saying that. i hope you enjoyed and consider reading the next book.

freya's new armour ^ (just imagine her skirt is longer, her cloak
isn't attached to her wrists and is just straight down, the x isn't there,
and the gold prints are more norwegian/viking/asgardian like)

sweet post

date published: 19 march 2021
[word count:1864]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 1.5K 24
Sequel of Rumors of War. Book Two of Five. Set during The Avengers. .•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•. "That's something else you've missed while being a capscic...
584 14 24
You set out on a poorly planned mission to avenge a close friend and end up making an unlikely ally (Loki in disguise). The brief partnership ends up...
5.3K 94 17
You are Y/N Odinson, all your life you have been stuck on Asgard by Thor's rules. You knew that Thor was a part of the Avengers, but you never really...
9.3K 331 84
My MCU Book 1 *Books can be read alone or all together* 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴: 33,196 Almost everyone knows how the events in the MCU went down, right? Lots of...