Red dragon

By 0934xxcaptain

Harry was fighting a powerful foe but he was defeated just before harry died the time Turner around his neck... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
45
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
55
55
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92

44

2.6K 109 3
By 0934xxcaptain

Harry packed for Christmas. Sirius and Remus would be staying at Hogwarts, naturally. He wished he could stay with them but was glad to have a family to go back to.

A family with a very excitable older brother.

"Hey Harry. Oliver." Eleanor smiled the two boys off the train.

"Hey Mom." Oliver greeted.

"Hi."

"So Harry you're going to stay with a friend?" Eleanor asked; letters weren't always the most reliable.

"If I can. I'm helping him decorate."

She nodded. "Promise you'll be back before Christmas eve."

"I promise." Harry swore; he liked Christmas with the Woods. New Year's not so much.

"Hey Harry have you seen Draco's mom." Ron looked around. "Hello Mrs Wood."

"Ron right?" Ron nodded.

"I can't even see Draco?"

Ron pointed across the station to a small patch of blonde hair. "Wait there he is!"

"Okay have a nice time Harry."

"I will, Thanks Eleanor. See you Oliver." The two boys hurried over- with their things- to where Draco was standing beside his mother.

"Ah, Mr Potter. Mr Weasleys."

"Hello Ms Black."

"Is that nice muggleborn girl not coming, Draco?"

"No, she's visiting her grandparents?" Draco doubted but both Ron and Harry nodded to show him he was correct.

"Well then I guess we should be going." She picked a thin metal chain from her pocket. "Hold on then."

All three boys knew they were about to travel by portkey and held onto the chain. They then dropped onto the ground. Behind some sheds near Grimuld place.

"Are you all okay?"

"I'm fine mother."

"I'm good."

"Mr Weasley?"

"I'm fine Ma'am."

"Very good. Come on. My house is just here."

Harry was a little uncomfortable walking into number twelve but he hoped that he hid it well. It was nearly the same as he'd ever seen it.

The door to the main room, the one with the family tree in, was locked tightly shut.

"You'll be staying in Draco's room boys."

"Come on; it's on the top floor." Draco led the boys up the stairs but Harry stopped stock still on the second landing.

"Harry are you okay?" Ron asked.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Draco commented.

"Voldemort."

"What?" Draco asked. "It's just an old trinket case."

"Draco can you get that locket out?"

"Umm sure." He opened the case.

"Wait don't touch it. Use this." Harry handed over his scarf.

"What will it do?"

"You know the Diary- we told you about what happened."

"This will do the same?" Ron asked.

"Sort of." Harry opened his chest.

"Is that your password?" Ron asked.

"Yeah- it's a date. Not important." Harry lifted the basklist fang from its bag. He had a serious mask on his face.

"What are you doing?"

"Okay have you heard about Horcuxes?"

"My father mentioned something once I think."

"Well I don't have a clue."

"Okay well when a person commits murder it puts a large strain on the soul. This can be used to split the soul and store it in another thing. These things are Horcuxes. That diary and this locket contain more of Voldemort's soul than he does."

"Dragon shit."

"Yeah." Harry nodded. "There are many of them. I need to destroy them. Do you want to have a look?"

"Sure?"

"The locket of Salazar Slytherin. The last heirloom of his line. Now I'm going to stab it with a giant snake tooth." Harry opened the locket.

"Oh my god."

"I know." Harry slammed the tooth into the locket before it could do any more damage. It began to spurt out blood and venom.

Both boys choked at the image.

"To bad he used this; it's a priceless artefact. Useless now."

"How could you just do…?"

"He killed someone to create this Horcrux."

Draco looked Harry up and down. "It must be painful to be inside your mind."

"Yeah it must be." Harry nodded. "Kreature."

The house elf sneered as he arrived. "You summoned me."

"Here." Harry laid the broken locket in the house elves hands. "Your master can rest in peace."

The house elf just stared at the locket; not moving.

"Right let's move on now."

Harry turned away from the house elf to Draco. He couldn't bear to feel the weight of what he had just done. At least not at that moment. He knew that he would have to focus on the Horxrucs eventually but he couldn't go out hunting at his age. No matter how much he wanted to.

Time to change the subject. "Hey you know Dobby, is he still at your father's house?"

Draco shook his head. "Umm no. When my parents dissolved their bond. Mother got the mountain cabin, the house elf, half the Malfoy Vault, and a pile of furniture and stuff. My father got everything else. Land, titles and stuff. All the flying horses."

"So is Dobby here?"

"Yes but why is that important?"

"He's my friend."

"You're friends with a house elf?"

"I was…" Harry sighed and then smiled. "Come on let's go."

"Harry I love you mate but your insane."

"Completely Mental." Ron agreed.

"I know isn't it great." Harry forced a smile for his friends.

"Come on." Draco smiled shaking his head. "I've got the instructions Hermione sent us."

Harry sat on the bed. According to Draco Narcissa had transfigured the extra to beds for the visit. "So what did Hermione send."

"I don't know yet. Look." Draco held up the envelope. "Draconis Black don't open this until Harry and Ron are with you." Draco read.

"Draconis." Ron smiled at the name.

"Shut up Ronald."

"Sorry." Ron mock shrugged. "So what does she say?"

'Dear Boys.

I have read the whole book. I found in the back of it notes by J, S and P. From what Harry has told us I believe this is his father. They were in fact the most detailed notes in the whole book. Very helpful; I was impressed.

Anyway I have now found what I believe is the most efficient way to become Animagi.

There is a potion that we must make when we get back to school. Harry would you check you have all the ingredients. (The list is on the back of this letter).

There is also a spell and a meditation link to this. You need to hold a mandrake leaf in your mouth when you do this.'

"Right should we get started?"

"You have mandrake leaves in your chest?" Harry tilted his head. "Okay fine."

Harry exhaled out of his nose finding a little humour in Dracos face. "I have since you got petrified. I should have thought it through and had it before hand."

"Harry can we start tomorrow?" Ron asked. "I'm hungry."

"Dobby." Draco called.

"Yes Master Draco sir."

"Dobby could you please get my friends and I some lunch."

"Yes Master Draco." Dobby popped out of the room.

"Okay fine, fine we'll do it now." Ron sighed.

Harry nudged his arm. "Hey you might turn into a dragon or something."

"Can you turn into magical creatures?"

"Yeah; it's rare but highly possible." Harry explained. "Thank you, Dobby." Harry took the sandwich he had been offered.

"Dobby that is Harry and this is Ron."

"Dobby is pleased to be meeting you." Dobby answered. "Master Draco speaks highly of Mr Harry and Mr Ron."

"Thank you Dobby." Harry sighed as Dobby left to his cleaning; the house still had much work to be done.

"Right so where are these mandrake leaves."

Harry, Ron and Draco set apart an hour each day to practice the spell. Bloody difficult it was. Harry also sent a few Mandrake leaves to Hermione in that passing week.

In the time between training and sleeping they were cleaning and decorating. Alongside Draco's mother and the two house elves. It was nearly clean by the time Harry had to leave for the Wood Manor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 77 7
Harry gets thrown back in time and ends up in his ten year old body. This time, he's going to do everything different, this time he will have a prope...
2.3K 75 16
Harry, stuck in the past and trying to navigate Slytherin House with Tom Riddle at its head, is hit with a memory-loss spell. An unhappy accident, as...
66.6K 2.3K 11
Harry Potter, after being mistreated by his ex-best friends, is sent back in time and meets the Marauders. Except, things aren't as they should have...
30.7K 1K 7
Harry gets thrown back in time and ends up in his ten year old body. This time, he's going to do everything different, this time he will have a prope...