Red dragon

By 0934xxcaptain

Harry was fighting a powerful foe but he was defeated just before harry died the time Turner around his neck... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
55
55
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92

22

3.1K 140 4
By 0934xxcaptain

Harry carried his Hogwarts things and Zana through the floo into the Weasley living room. Mrs Wood had made sure he at least had a birthday breakfast with the family. They brought him a broom maintenance kit. Oliver smiled proudly when Harry blushed as he thanked them.

"Harry." Hermione was the first to find him. This was in fact the wrong thing to do.

"REAOW!" Zana once again jumped as far away from the floo as she could get. How dare her master subject her to that twice!

"Mrs Weasley; would you please fix Zana's coat or she'll never forgive me."

Molly waved her wand and Zana was clean and shiny again. She padded up to the woman and rubbed around her legs. "Meow."

"She says thank you."

"You speak cat now?" Fred asked raising an eyebrow.

"It's not hard to decipher." Harry smiled. "Hi guys."

"Hello." Fred and George grabbed him. "Now spill it; is Wood training you into the ground?"

"Pretty much but he's actually pretty easy to live with. They all seem to like me."

"Told you he would." Fred told his brother as they replaced the boy back on the ground.

"Umm Harry where are your glasses?" Hermione asked.

"Oh it was a birthday present to myself. I asked professor Snape to make me a potion to fix my eye sight." Harry grinned; blinking a few times.

"HARRY! Are you insane?!" Draco was the only one who reacted this way. "You don't do that. Its, Its."

"Draco calm down. I spoke to people who had had it done. I checked over it fully. I asked a mediwitch and the Potions master. It's perfectly safe."

"So you can see now?" Hermione asked.

"Better than I could when I was wearing my glasses." Harry smiled.

"Umm will I get some Harry time?" Ron pushed past his brothers. "I was the one who invited him."

"Hi Ron."

Ron threw his arms around his friends. "Thank you Harry."

Harrys body froze. "Umm what did I do?"

The twins were the ones who answered. "I think he may be talking about the 'forgotten' birthday in March. It was quite a shock when we came home to find the broom here. Nimbus Astro just like Oliver's I believe."

"Oh yeah. Surprise."

"Harry you dick." Ron shoved him but was smiling.

"You really thought I had forgotten your birthday?"

"Well you did have a lot going on."

"Ron aren't you going to show your friends around." Mr Weasley stood at the door way. "Hello Harry it's great to see you."

"Hello Mr Weasley." Harry waved as he followed Ron, Draco and Hermione up the stairs.

"So it's not much- but I guess its home." Ron finished the tour in his own room.

"Ron it's great." Harry told him.

"Yeah far better than my house." Draco told him.

"Oh please you live in a manor."

"Yes a very empty manor where only the house elf will talk to me; they're not great for conversation you know."

"They're right; its magical." Hermione made her way to the window to look out over the garden. "Just; umm where will I be sleeping?"

"Oh yeah." Ron turned to her. "Mum said either Ginnys' room or if Harry will let you borrow the room in his Chest."

"Oh yeah sure. Just don't use the kitchen. You can go in the fridge but…" Hermione nodded.

Harry loved being at the burrow. He celebrated his birthday in true Weasley style. It was a bit strange sitting at the Weasley table with Draco there. Mr Weasley seemed less than happy to have a Malfoy at his table.

Harry sat between Ron and Draco with Zana sitting on his lap. Ginny was opposite him with Hermione beside her.

"So Ron tells me you four are top of your year?" Mrs Weasley asked.

"Yes. We've been working really hard for it; we we're tutoring each other." Hermione smiled proudly. "Draco walks everyone through Potions; Harry Defence Against the Dark Arts. I'm the best at Charms; Ron's pretty good at Transfiguration; Neville does Herbology. Then Harry and I do our best with History of magic." Her smile filled her face; she was really proud of herself and her friends.

"So you all helped each other?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah the whole common room was part of our little study sessions. Even some of the older years chipped in to help if they weren't busy themselves."

"That is quite amazing."

"Mum almost cried when she saw Ron's report card." George spoke between bites. "No Weasley has ever got such good marks. He beat both Bill and Percy."

"Nerd." Fred coughed as if to cover the word.

"Shut up Fred." The twins just laughed.

"You've set the bar pretty high for Ginny though." George stated. "We left it pretty low for you; don't know why you didn't extend her the same curtesy."

"Are you starting next year?" Hermione asked her. Ginny just nodded. "Congratulations."

"Do you have your books yet Ginny?" Harry asked but she shook her head. "I've got a set if you want them."

"Harry you need them for this year." Hermione told him.

"I've got my mom and my dad's copies if I need them. They were in my vault but I had already brought my own when I found out. Do you want them Ginny? I haven't used them."

"Okay." Ginny blushed nodding.

"That's saved you at least one journey."

"Thank you Harry."

"No problem Mrs Weasley. It's not like I was using them. I'll get them out of my trunk later." He promised. Harry placed his fork into his meat. "These are really good Mrs Weasley."

"You flatter me Harry."

"He's not wrong Mrs Weasley; it's great." Draco insisted. "I've never had anything this good before."

"You're both so sweet."

"So what do you children plan for the future?" Arthur asked; he was wondering what was driving them to work so hard in their first year.

"I don't know dad. I think I want do something exiting like Bill and Charlie." Ron shrugged as he grabbed more chicken from the middle of the table.

"I think maybe a professor or I might work in the ministry. Maybe in muggle relations." Hermione smiled; she already had a plan. Harry knew that would change eventually.

"I know some people in that department. Good place to work. What about you Harry?"

"Well Oliver said it would be a crime if I didn't go for professional Seeker; they already lost Charlie to the dragons. I'm not really sure though. Part of me wants to be an author or maybe own a shop."

"Aurors are paid pretty well."

"No Mr Weasley Author. A writer."

"Really?" Hermione turned to him a little surprised.

"Yeah. It sounds perfect really. Nice and peaceful. I could probably do that and another thing. You've never mentioned anything Draco."

The blond blushed. "I umm…. I want to be a healer." He told them nervously.

"A Mediwizard Mr Malfoy?" Arthur was quite surprised.

"Don't tell my father; he hates me enough as it is."

"I'm sure he doesn't hate you Draco dear." Molly pushed another slice of the birthday cake onto his plate. Draco didn't respond but shook his head. "See that boys; even they have plans for the future." Molly scolded the twins.

"Mum…"

"You'll never get anywhere just playing those pranks for yours. You need to be able to support yourselves and your families." She was worried about her sons.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 140 21
Written by chattypandagurl on fanfiction.net One morning Harry wakes up in a different world. His parents are alive and Neville bears the scar. Thing...
12K 400 15
H̶a̶r̶r̶y̶ c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ i̶n̶t̶o̶ a̶ s̶u̶r̶p̶r̶i̶s̶e̶ i̶n̶h̶e̶r̶i̶t̶a̶n̶c̶ a̶n̶d̶ d̶i̶s̶c̶o̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ t̶h̶e̶ t̶r̶u̶t̶h̶ a̶b̶o̶u̶ h̶i̶s̶ l̶i̶f̶e̶......a̶n...
67.2K 2.3K 11
Harry Potter, after being mistreated by his ex-best friends, is sent back in time and meets the Marauders. Except, things aren't as they should have...
1.6K 64 7
After a fatal encounter with dark forces, Harry Potter finds himself thrust into a realm between life and death. Resurrected by forces beyond compreh...