Red dragon

By 0934xxcaptain

Harry was fighting a powerful foe but he was defeated just before harry died the time Turner around his neck... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
55
55
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92

14

4K 172 22
By 0934xxcaptain

"Meow." Zana was stretching on the bed; she was trying not to wake her master up but he was waking up anyway.

"Meow." She nudged his hand and jumped off the bed to drink from the bowl on the floor.

"Morning girl." She swished her tail at him and drunk delicately from the bowl. She then meowed once more and padded off in the direction of the matron's office. Both matron and Cat came out.

"Someone tells me you're up."

"Morning ma'am." Harry had to look away; he couldn't face her after the night before.

"Feel better." He felt a strange tension lying on the surface of his skin; prickling of an old spell.

He knew the matron had tested him with a spell but couldn't care at that moment. "Yeah I'm calmer now."

"Yes, Dreamless sleep had a calming draught in it."

"Oh I see." Harry nodded; and though he didn't care, he did wonder what she had found. Harm that had befallen his body or the pain that tormented his mind. Maybe she had searched for both.

"I'll have your breakfast sent up." Madam Pomphrey told him. "I expect you to stay here whilst I go and find Professor McGonagall."

"Yes Ma'am."

Harry nodded and sat patiently to eat his breakfast; strangely the ward was completely deserted besides himself and Zana. There was usally at least one sick person in the ward; Harry supposed that person was himself. He fed his familiar carefully; drawing out the processes as he waited.

Professor McGonagall came in to sit beside Harry. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm not ill professor."

"Of course; force of habit I suppose." She gave him a week smile. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes thank you."

"I was talking to Professor Snape and The headmaster. We are bringing your- Gran in for the meeting." She glanced away from the boy and back again. "I need to make sure you're prepared. Your aunt and uncle may potentially be tried at the Wizengamot."

"I would have to speak."

"Indeed."

"Okay." Harry voice was obviously quiet. "Has anyone been told?"

"We've made inquiries in the ministry but your name was not mentioned. No other teachers have been informed."

"Okay… I don't want people to pity me Professor."

"I understand Harry." She nodded and stood back up. "You are to go to your lessons today Harry and then your Gran will be here at eleven o'clock tomorrow. So I guess you'll want to catch the snitch quickly yeah." The professor actually gave him a wink.

"Yes professor." He smiled back.

"Alright then, finish your breakfast and head off to class. I suppose your friends will be worried."

Harry walked into class a little late -the medical wing was pretty far from the dungeons- Professor Snape turned to him as he did.

"Mr Evens. What is the crushed bulb of a jonquil used for?" He asked sharply.

"The sunbeam fertility potion sir." This was a near trick question as most people called the jonquil by its common name; Daffodil.

"Sit down Mr Evans." Severus knew he would be able to answer it.

Harry nodded and slid into his seat beside Draco. "Hey."

"Hey." Harry then turned to the potion on the board and began slicing the bison tongue into strips. Draco didn't try to talk to him in the middle of the class but Harry could easily see him was itching to.

Snape gave Harry a small- almost comforting- nod as they left the class.

"Are you okay Harry?"

Harry turned to the large haired girl. "Yes." He spoke softly. "I'll be better if people stop asking that."

"Sorry. I guess I worry too much."

Harr nodded to her. "Thanks- my grans coming to see me tomorrow."

"Really." Neville smiled. "That's great Harry."

"I missed her over Christmas. I can find out how she liked her gift." Zana had been waiting outside the class; just as she had with the medical wing. Harry stroked her and she followed at his heals.

"Ron led the run this morning. Hermione said you were seeing Madam Pomphrey about insomnia." Draco told him.

"Wood was a little worried that if you were tired you wouldn't be able to catch the snitch- so he told us to make sure you sleep."

"Thanks guys- I should be there tomorrow."

"Quidditch match- Wood will have your head if you are." Seamus laughed.

"Good point- alright back again Monday."

"Come on let's go and revise for the charms test on Wednesday." Hermione hooked her arm into both Harrys and Draco's and dragged them up to the common room.

With Hermione as a taskmaster they got through a lot of the material. Hermione made sure everyone was working on the things they needed to; she could be really persuasive when she wanted to be. Harry was glad to have the distraction.

Headmasters Office

Albus Dumbledore hadn't left his office since Severus had dragged him from bed. He had never been so ashamed in himself; even after the death of his sister did he feel like this. He couldn't believe what Harry had been through; under his own flesh and blood.

Dumbledore had truly believed that Petunia would grow to love the boy and it made him sick to think about what had happened to Harry. What the matron had told him made him sick; physically ill.

As if to make him feel worse he had been watching the boy since he arrived at the school and hadn't noticed any of the signs. Although in all honesty he had no experience with what the signs would even be.

He regretted all the decisions that led him up to this place. If only he'd have allowed Severus to see the boy. He could have been raised by a wizard or at least known about their world. If he's have listened to Arabella; she had cared for the boy herself and sheltered him from as much harshness as she could. If only he'd have listened.

Slytherin Head of House Suite.

Severus Snape wanted to commit murder.

He had always hated Petunia Evans now he had a reason to hate Petunia Dursley even more. He wanted that woman and her joke of a husband dead.

He had always wanted to see Harry; Lily had made him promise that if something happened to her he wouldn't let Harry go to her sister. He would never forgive himself for breaking that promise.

When Albus had told him that was where Harry had gone Severus wanted to storm the house down and take the boy back. If only he hadn't listened to the man.

He should have saved the boy.

Harry Evans. Severus felt as if someone had punched him in the gut when he heard Harry was using that name. He wanted to have a connection to both of his parents; Potter and Evens. It had made Severus change any thoughts he had about the boy. Lily Evans Son.

Harry was very clever and determined. He worked hard and was very polite. Severus couldn't help but admire the boy now; he was far stronger that anyone could have guessed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 77 7
Harry gets thrown back in time and ends up in his ten year old body. This time, he's going to do everything different, this time he will have a prope...
436K 9.9K 22
Harry gets killed and came back as his ten and a half year old self now that he know about everything to do with the people he thought where his frie...
105K 4.4K 27
What if when Harry's parents died on that old Halloween's eve, he died with them? What if Dumbledore already knew the need for Harry to live? What if...
247K 9.6K 20
What happens if Harry is so broken after Sirius's death that he gets whisked away to the Marauders era? What if Dumbledore is not as good as looks li...