Red dragon

By 0934xxcaptain

Harry was fighting a powerful foe but he was defeated just before harry died the time Turner around his neck... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
55
55
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92

11

4.4K 180 12
By 0934xxcaptain

By the time Quidditch season hit, nearly everyone in Gryffindor house was running in the courtyard every morning. Everyone seemed really into it. They would collect into groups with friends, then run laps with each other.

May Clomar- the Fifth year Gryffindor with the prosthetic leg- sometimes walked a lap or two, but she mostly counted laps with Rhea More- a Ravenclaw- Adeline Rems and Cala Kiack- both Hufflepuffs. They had sorted out a chart of development for everyone; to see how they progressed.

Harry was pretty happy with how things were turning out so far. Although he still didn't know what to do about Quirrall.

November sixth was on a Wednesday. This was chaser Angelina Johnson's birthday. At breakfast the owls came in as usual and for the third time that year a large broom shaped parcel headed towards the Gryffindor table.

Everyone turned to either Harry or Angelina as the broom dropped in front of the girl. She opened the package to find a brand new Comet Streak. They had been released onto the market midnight Halloween. Not even a full week ago.

"Harry why?" She rubbed her hand down the broom but turned to the boy looking a little upset.

Harry bit his lip. "I mayyyy have a teeny-tiny shopping problem." He said looking a little uncomfortable. He had missed everything about this when he was on the run or fighting Voldemort; Harry wanted to spoil all his friends and make memories he wouldn't forget. If he was going to die at twenty -he planned on making sure he lived longer than that- it wouldn't hurt to use the money.

Draco and Hermione laughed with the twins and Oliver Wood joining in.

Oliver smiled at Angelina. "Just accept it; he doesn't mean anything by it." The girl nodded. "I think he might be an addict or something."

"Thanks Harry." She was nearly laughing then.

Harry grinned widely. "No problem."

"Hey, what's the betting he's having the rest of the team's brooms delivered for Christmas?" Ron asked looking at the twins.

"Stay out of my mail Ron." Harry pretended to be annoyed, but he was indeed planning to get the rest of the team brooms for Christmas, along with spending hundreds of galleons on the rest of the common room too. He didn't have any other use for the money so there was nothing wrong with splurging a little.

Harry was encouraged -politely forced- by Oliver Wood to skip his morning run on the morning before a game. All the Quidditch team- minus Angelina Johnson who wanted warm shower water- sat on the side-lines and Harry was glad everyone was keeping up without them.

Oliver took his new broom and stood with it as he gave his speech. He told them that they were the best team Gryffindor had ever had. They could maybe even take on Scotland's team by how well they worked together. Everyone was shocked- the Scot was patriotic to his national team thinking they were unbeatable.

"You really think we're that good?"

"I swear every one of you could play professionally. We won't lose to Slytherin."

"Thanks Captain." Harry smiled.

"Come on Evans. Let's see their faces when you come out."

As they walked out Harry whispered to Fred for a favour.

"Harry why?"

"Please. I'll do anything; can you do this for me?"

"Alright. It'll look like an accident."

Harry mounted the nimbus two thousand and kicked off into the air. Harry soared above the game keeping his eyes out for the snitch. The game was going on underneath him.

Harry made sure he kept moving but stayed out of the way of the game. He had time to dodge the bludger that Fred was hurrying past.

He gave harry a sly grin and hit the bludger in the way of the Ravenclaw stands. It knocked into Professor Qurrialls Turban and Fred went hurrying after it.

"And the Defence Professor gets hit by a stray bludger. Madam Pomphrey will sort that out in no time." Lee Jordan commentated. Bludgers went rogue all the time; no one would notice.

Harry was happier as he took a shot after the snitch. He wouldn't have his broom trying to buck him off. Harry easily dogged Flint to a loud Gryffindor cheer.

"It's like Harry knows what's going to happen before it does. The boys a natural flyer. Gryffindor are in the lead only the snitch would Save Slytherin now."

Harry would be damned if he let that happen, with a glint of gold Harry took a straight shot.

"Evans in pursuit but Flint is on his tail. Evans reaches- oh no, Harry fell!"

Harrys broom clattered unharmed to the ground and Harry stood up a little dirty but un harmed. He held up the little gold ball and the crowd roared.

"He's got the snitch! Gryffindor win!"

"Way to go Harry." Oliver clapped him on the back and all the Chasers hugged him. Of course the twins had to get in on the action lifting Harry up on their shoulders.

The Gryffindor's cheered for him. Harry was happy.

December arrived and Harry made sure that he had everyone's presents ready to be delivered. He had an owl ready to go to Hermione's house and to Mrs Figgs. Draco had told Ron and Harry that he was going to stay at Hogwarts over Christmas; he didn't want to go home just yet.

Harry was also very surprised when less than a quarter of the Gryffindor's stopped the morning runs because of the cold. The numbers were actually even higher as the Hufflepuff Quidditch team -including reserves- had joined with five others and four Ravenclaws.

Harry spent many of the runs speaking with Cedric. Another person he planned to save; if he couldn't he didn't know what to do.

Even greater the Slytherins had avoided the Gryffindors since Halloween. Harry believed Snape gave them a real talking too.

On the day everyone was leaving for the holidays Harry helped Neville, Dean and Seamus pack. Draco joined him. Most of their things were staying in the castle.

"I'm going to continue the running; I think it would please my Gran." Neville mentioned as he was crawling around the room looking for Trevor.

"That'll be great. I find it really helpful- oh I know." Harry went and pulled Zana off her bed. "Okay girl- you're the best at this. Find Trevor and bring him to Neville." The cat swished her tail proudly and stalked off in search. "GENTLY Girl."

"Thanks Harry."

"She likes to feel useful." Harry deflected the answer. "Do you guys want to play Zoltan Box, or Anomia's Jacks?"

Seamus jumped up at the last game. It was a card game based mostly on chance and reading of other players; he enjoyed it despite losing most of the time.

On their way down to the common room to find a table; Zana came and dropped a very agitated- but unharmed- toad at Nevilles feet.

"Trevor!" Neville loved that toad more than anything. "Thank you Zana." Neville petted the cats head as he picked up his toad.

"You could use Zana around all the time." Dean nodded. "I wonder why he keeps leaving.

"Maybe he likes exploring like Zana?" Harry suggested before calling Ron over to join.

"One second." He moved one place, seventh year Ali Main made his own. "Checkmate." Ron shook his hand and went over.

"You were leading him on, weren't you?" Draco commented.

"Obviously. He thinks he's so smart."

"He is."

"He was the first person to beat Charlie's record in Transfiguration- I wanted to knock him down a few pegs. Is that so bad."

"Aww, he does have a heart." Hermione grinned placing her bags by the door.

"Want to join us?"

"Are we gambling?"

"Not right before Christmas." Dean commented- he was officially broke after the last game.

"But loser has to try and break into Hufflepuff."

"Alright you're on." Hermione was the last one to win- she enjoyed the higher risk gambling as she couldn't resist a challenge.

Harry, Ron and Draco went to see their friends off- once Dean had showered the vinegar off. The train left at eleven. Hermione was really excited to see her parents; Hogwarts was her first time away from them.

It was strange just being the three of them. Hermione was still the smart one even with Harry and his prior knowledge. Harry wished he could tell them about his past; he would love advice.

There were more people he would like to be completely honest to. Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall and Snape. He wanted to speak to Professor Snape and have advice from Professor McGonagall.

It was hard to be Harry but he wouldn't have it any other way. In his memories Harry had missed his friends; to even have a chance at one more go of life with them.

He wasn't going to waist a moment of his time with them or working to save them. Harry refused to do anything else.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 901 11
Here Harry got betrayed by his allies as second wizarding war is over and here he got to a oppurtunity by death as he came back and changed the world...
4.9K 140 21
Written by chattypandagurl on fanfiction.net One morning Harry wakes up in a different world. His parents are alive and Neville bears the scar. Thing...
66.6K 2.3K 11
Harry Potter, after being mistreated by his ex-best friends, is sent back in time and meets the Marauders. Except, things aren't as they should have...
8.2K 258 20
Sorry but I'll take this ff down soon I'm just not happy with it anymore if you want to still read it go ahead and save the chapters. I don't know fo...