Red dragon

By 0934xxcaptain

Harry was fighting a powerful foe but he was defeated just before harry died the time Turner around his neck... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
55
55
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92

chapter 4

8.7K 298 29
By 0934xxcaptain

July 31st 1991

Privet Drive

It was Harry's birthday. He stayed asleep for the first time ever. He usually stayed awake but after one of the best summers of his life- usually summers were a countdown to school- he slept straight through. The cupboard was cold and as damp as it had always been but Harry slept well.

He woke at six as usual and began to make breakfast. He wondered if Hagrid would be being the one coming for him or someone else now. He was eleven years old.

The family was sitting down for breakfast when the door knocked. It was so loud that Harry didn't doubt it could be anyone but Hagrid.

"Who the blood hell is that?!" Vernon stood up and walked to the door. "Who the bloody hell do y-y-you think you are knocking on my door like that?"

"Ah Vernon Dudley the great muggle man." Hagrid laughed heartily. "I'm 'ere to pick up 'arry."

"What do you want with the boy?" Vernon growled.

"I need to take 'im to pick up his 'ogwarts things."

"What?! He's not going to that school-"

"Hello. I'm Harry."

"'ello 'arry. You've gotten so big."

"You look familiar." Harry told him. "I had a dream about you and a flying motorbike."

"I've told you boy motorbikes don't fly!"

Hagrid ignored the muggle man. "You remembered." He said, grinning "That's how I brought you here."

"I read my letter. Can I really learn magic?"

"Of course. I could tell you so many stories about your parents at Hogwarts."

"My parents went? I never knew." He faked innocents. And then all hell broke loose for Hagrid.

"You didn't tell him about his parents, the greatest witch and wizard of their generation?" Hagrid ranted at Vernon and Petunia joined in ranting about Harrys mother and the 'freak' she married.

It was a moment before Hagrid lost his temper and Dudley got his famous pigs tail. With all the squealing and mothering of Dudley; Harry and Hagrid were able to escape.

"Can't believe you 'ave to live with them."

"It's not all bad, they let me see Mrs Figg a lot." He explained, as they headed towards London. "She's an old Lady who lives a few streets over. She has lots of cats- they're huge you know." Harry distracted the half giant with small talk whilst his inner self wept tears of Joy at Dursley misfortune; he was too shocked the last time to really enjoy it.

Hagrid took him into the Ally and the ten-year-old part of Harry still was filled with wonder. He admired every shop taking in all the details he had missed every time before. The Ally was bustling with people hurrying around doing their own shopping. Some were in muggle clothes but most were in simple wizard robes. There were lots of children out today; crowding around the broom store and the sweet shops.

Harry made a list of his supplies as he admired the scenery; he needed to get a few things that weren't on his list. He may have to come back without Hagrid but hoped not.

"Come on 'arry keep up, we need to head to Gringott."

"Sorry Mr Hagrid, but I only have little legs." Harry smiled remembering his fondness for the man as he grew into one himself.

"Oh sorry 'arry. I'm going a bit fast for ya' aren't I." Hagrid slowed down a little so Harry could walk beside him. "And you just call me 'agrid. No Mister for me."

"Sorry Hagrid." They walked into Gringott and Hagrid gave the two keys over to the goblin at the desk.

"Umm excuse me." Harry stood up on his tiptoes to speak to the goblins. "I don't mean to waste your very precious time but is it possible to speak to someone about my parent's vaults. I have a question, or maybe a few."

The goblin seemed to puff out a bit; at the knowledge that even the child knew his job was very important and his time was limited as such. "Mr Potter, I will send you up with your Vault manager Marolk as well, he has been looking after the Potter vault for sixty years now. He will answer your questions Mr Potter. "

"Thank you so very much, sir."

"What could you possibly need to ask 'arry?"

"I want to make sure the Dursley's can't get to my money." Harry told him. "I also want to ask about things, I don't know how money works here and I thought its best to ask the experts."

"You're a smart kid 'arry."

"Thank you Hagrid." Harry said, smiling faintly.

"Griphook and Marolk." The goblin sitting at the desk introduced the two goblins that appeared beside Harry. They were both shorted than Harry but Marolk looked to be about an inch or so taller than the other goblin and was dressed in slightly tighter clothes but, despite this, there were few differences between them.

"Follow me." Griphook led them out of the large marble room. "The carts are this way." Harry noticed how uncomfortable Hagrid looked at the fast moving cart. "Vault 687 Harry Potter's Vault. This way."

"Thank you, sir." Harry looked around the vault. "Umm how much would you suggest I would need for my school supplies?"

"In my calculations if you want quality materials and everything new. At least ninety galleons."

"Okay can I withdraw umm- two hundred then?"

"Easily."

"Umm 'arry I'm going down to get the thing for Professor Dumbledore. I'll be back up 'ere when I'm done."

"Of course Hagrid, no problem." Hagrid left with Griphook and Harry turned to the other goblin. "Mr Marolk sir, How many pounds is there to a galleon?"

"Young sir there is one muggle pound to a Knut. There are seventeen Sickles to a Galleon and twenty-nine Knuts to a Sickle. That would make four hundred and ninety-three pounds to a galleon." (*)

"Wow that's a lot. Could I get five hundred pounds please? "

"Yes that is possible." The goblin looked unhappy with the idea.

"Is there something else I can ask? You are the professional."

"Yes Mr Potter."

"I have some family who are muggles." The Goblin looked even more unhappy with this. "I don't want them to have any access to my father's money. My father hated them a lot."

"I see; I was fond of Mr Potter. He respected our speciality knowledge." The goblin placed his hand on the pile of gold and began to pull the galleons into a money wallet. It was the size of a ten pound note and the galleons seemed to disappear into it. "The answer; unless your family come here and provide ministry evidence that they can have a cut of your inheritance, no they will not be able to touch the gold. My professional advice is to simply not tell them you have this."

"I agree." Harry nodded, he knew the Dursleys never touched his money in his memory's but they were dead before they got the chance. Harry wasn't planning on letting that happen again and it was good to have some sort of confidence. "Is there any more- do I have anything that's not here?"

"Your assets are far more than this. There is a vault; 691 that is the Potter family vault. You gain access to that when you turn fifteen. This is your trust vault; it has a small percentage of your family's vault, a few books and items in the shelves at the back. There are also deeds to your property's and heirlooms in the Potter vault."

Harry moved towards the shelves and looked at the things it held; his parent's things. It was then that a pale looking Hagrid returned.

"I have a house?" Harry asked, he had seen the burnt remains of Godrics hollow last time; he wasn't eager to go again too soon.

"No Mr Potter. You own a building in Godrics hollow. There is a cottage in the seventh unpotable county and a flat in the ally, transferred back to Mr Potters vault when Sirius Black turned twenty. Finally, you own Potter manor, the ancestral home of your family. There a few shares in companies that the goblins have been analysing for you."

"I have a four houses?" Harry knew about Godrics hollow but not about the other places. By the time he was old enough he had become distracted with finding Voldemort.

"'arry, Godrics hollow is in a bit of a state. It 'asn't been restored yet. I 'eard the manor needs a little fixin' too."

"Oh, well still? Can I live there?" Maybe he could use this- to get away from the Dursleys. He would probably use the flat. Anything to get away from them more quickly.

"When the vaults are passed over sir- yes." The goblin informed him. "You also gain your family Lordship at this point too."

"When I'm fifteen." Harry nodded and sighed. Well it was better than last time; he had an extra two years of freedom if he could get this right.

"Alright come on 'arry. We need to get in your shopping."

"Okay Hagrid. Thank you very much Mr Malrok sir. I'm sorry for using up so much of your time I'm sure you have more important things to do."

"Indeed Mr Potter I do." The goblin nodded. "It is good of you to understand. Your gold is in good hands."

"Thank you again, Mr Malrok."

Harry was quiet in the cart ride back and let the very pail looking Hagrid go to the Leaky Cauldron. He took a second to breathe before entering the robe shop. This was the start; he was going to change everything starting from this conversation.

"Hello." He said quietly as he entered the shop.

"Ah hello, are you for Hogwarts too."

"Yes Ma'am."

"Come on then let's get you measured up." She placed him beside Draco and began measuring.

Harrys memory's had a lot of Draco in them. He was a horrible child, bullying him and his friends for no very good reason. However, when Draco grew into a man Harry found out there was so much more to Draco than that. He became something so much greater.

Draco was terrified of his father. Both the boy and the man had been subjected to some of the most violent curses in the world, by non-other than Lucius Malfoy himself. Harry had been led to save Draco from this and the two had come to an understanding. Draco had saved Harry's life many times throughout the war and Harry returned this favour. He was one of the last of Harrys friends to die; painfully and horribly. But at nineteen Harry considered Draco to be a friend.

"Hello, I'm Harry." Harry held his hand out for the boy to shake. "Harry Evans." This was a cleaver plan of Harry's. He was hoping to change the future starting with Draco.

"Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." Draco shook his hand looking him up and down with judgements.

"Umm, are you looking forward to Hogwarts?"

"I suppose. What house do you think you'll be in?" Draco asked. "I'll be in Slytherin, obviously."

"Well, all my family were Gryffindor's but I don't know until we get there."

"I suppose, but I'd rather not be a Hufflepuff."

"There's nothing wrong with Hufflepuff; but I would rather pretty much anything else."

"Definitely anything else." Draco smiled.

Harry hated old Draco, almost as much as he hated old Dudley. "Hey it might not happen but if we're in the same house; do you want to be friends?"

Draco thought for a moment. "Deal."

"Great." Harry nodded and held his arms up. "Hey can you get me a set of normal clothes too. I don't want to go to Hogwarts in my cousin's clothes."

"Oh of course darling." The witch began letting his school uniform become stitched up behind her; floating in the air.

"Why do you wear your cousin's clothes?" Draco asked.

"It's a family thing. I'm smaller than him- I-I don't really want to talk about it."

"Oh right. Hey, what's your Quidditch team? I'm going to take my parents to look at racing brooms when were done shopping. It's a crime that they don't let first years have brooms."

"Oh I like Ireland but I'm not big on the smaller teams."

"They are pretty good." Draco nodded admiring his new robes. "Right I've got to go find my mum. See you at Hogwarts…"

"Harry."

"Harry." He paused. "Sorry."

"See you at school." When Draco left Harry let himself smile.

"I see you've made your first friend." The witch observed.

"Maybe."

"Hagrid, can we get something to put all of this in?" Harry carried his clothes and knew he needed a trunk for it all. He carried it around the last time and the trunk was the last thing he got; he didn't want to be lugging his things around this time.

"Sure; there's a shop down 'ere."

Harry looked around the trunk store. He never looked around this place before and in all honesty there wasn't much to see. There were bags on the walls and the trunks were stacked in strange piles.

"Hello, I suppose you're looking for school trunks?" There was a wizard there, he was carving onto a chest lid.

"I wouldn't mind something a little higher end."

"Harry you don't need something like that." Hagrid told him.

"Hagrid I'll be at Hogwarts for a few years. I need something good."

"Very true." The wizard stood up and brought him to the different piles. The trunks had been shrunken to fit into the store. "Well how about one with multiple compartments. You can store clothes, food and books. Or if you plan on keeping it after school there are traveling trunks which have rooms in them as well. These are a little pricy."

"What kind of rooms?" Harry remembered Draco having one; when he, Draco and Ron were on the run after Draco defected to Harrys side. It was one of the most useful things Harry had ever had the pleasure to use; saved their lives more than once.

"Most only have one room with a bathroom. But that room has a kitchen, and living room. The sofa turns into a bed. There are ones that have the bedroom separate but the rooms aren't very big."

"Size is nothing to me." Harry told him; thinking of the cupboard under the stairs. "Will they also have storage like the other ones?"

"Of course, every trunk does. It's a set in feature."

"Okay, I'll take a travel one. The one with the bedroom. And that black bag there."

"That's one hundred galleons with the protective charms?" The wizard looked at the boy, hoping to get a little more money from him.

"Here." Harry handed the galleons over to a very shocked wizard. He didn't expect the boy to be able to pay.

"Thank you, sir. Would you like it coloured?" The wizard still looked a little pail as he pulled the trunk over.

"Just black please."

"Inside sir?"

"Oh no, red and black. Maybe some gold in there."

"I see your hoping for Gryffindor."

"Hoping yes."

The man tapped his wand on the chest he had pulled from the pile. "See this band. You can shrink it and such from here. And if you press your wand on the key hole you can get inside the rooms. I would set a password when you can. This way you're not doing under aged magic."

"Thank you, sir." Harry packed his clothes into the first compartment and shrunk the truck down.

Next they headed to Flourish and Blotts where Harry got his school books. He could remember reading them before and wasn't looking forward to do it again, so he also got a couple for light reading.

The next shop was for his Phials, telescope and scales. Once again Hagrid wouldn't let him get the solid gold one but Harry insisted on the brass one- Snape loved complaining about inferior cauldrons. He got himself a gold plated telescope and brass scales. He got the largest set of crystal Phials and a set of utensils for potion making- the Hogwarts ones were terribly dull. Finally, Harry got a set of potion ingredients, as Snape was always nicer if you messed up a potion when using your own ingredients.

"Just your wand now 'arry. Oh and your birthday present."

"You don't have to get-"

"Now 'arry I'll get you an animal. Not a toad or a cat, you'll lose a rat. I'll get you an owl Harry."

"Hagrid that's really kind of you, but Mrs Figg already gave me a Kenezal."

"Well owls are really useful 'arry they carry post and everything. Here I'll talk to Dumbledore. You've been through a lot you can have an owl to send that Mrs Figg letters. Yeah. Just wait here".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42 0 9
#harrypotterfanfiction When Harry is defeated by Voldemort in their final duel and all hope is lost. Hermione is determined to fix what went wrong in...
51K 2.6K 31
Harry was living as ordinarily as he could until changes he could not have expected rocked his foundation. With new purpose and resolve, he found he...
66.7K 2.3K 11
Harry Potter, after being mistreated by his ex-best friends, is sent back in time and meets the Marauders. Except, things aren't as they should have...
10.4K 348 15
H̶a̶r̶r̶y̶ c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ i̶n̶t̶o̶ a̶ s̶u̶r̶p̶r̶i̶s̶e̶ i̶n̶h̶e̶r̶i̶t̶a̶n̶c̶ a̶n̶d̶ d̶i̶s̶c̶o̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ t̶h̶e̶ t̶r̶u̶t̶h̶ a̶b̶o̶u̶ h̶i̶s̶ l̶i̶f̶e̶......a̶n...