talk to me

Bởi somebody246

"Talk to me" |complete| Start : Feb 1st 2021 Finish : Sept 5th 2021 slow burn ish Xem Thêm

an
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chaper Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Fourty
Epilogue
Final AN
heya

Chapter Ten

5.9K 372 14
Bởi somebody246

Click the star!
Sorry for any mistakes!

Continued...

"Cmon get out." He told her

Mai rolled her eyes and grabbed her bag and got put the car.

They walked up to the desk and an older lady looked up at Mikah and Mai and smiled then turned to the boy "hey baby, you can go on" she nodded.

Mikah walked ahead of Mai at a fast pace.

"slow down please." She jogged to catch up to him.

He slowed down and Mai pulled of his arm making him stop.

"Why are we here ? Is there something wrong with granny ? Where is Jamal ? Your mom? Just please tell me....please.." she was begging at this point.

Everyone was avoiding her and her questions and she was fed up.

"I can't do that aight ? I promise that you gon know what's up soon okay ?" He looked at her.

He wanted to tell her but it just wasn't his place todo so, he was just scared for her reaction.

"Wh-" she took a deep breath. "Go on man, lead the fuckin way." She told him

He looked at her "im sorry foreal okay ?"

She nodded "yeah okay, go head"

He turned back around grabbing her hand and pulling her into the elevator.

He clicked the number 4, when Mai went to pull away Mikah simply would not let her, she sighed at let it be, he probably needed some kind of comfort and didn't mind being the one to give it to him.

When the doors opened he pulled her along past the front desk of that department and down the hall, he took a left then stopped at the fourth door.

She was staring at the door when it opened and Darline came out of it.

Then it clicked in her brain, she looked around and everybody was there..Jamal, Mikah, Leanna, Kameron, Ezikiel, Jamari and Darline, but Gina was missing and she knew that she took the month off, so there she was standing in the middle of hallway, putting two and two together.

She then let go of Mikah's hand causing his frown to deepen, and looked at Jamal.

"No." She shook her head.

"Mai..." he tried to step forward to hug her but she held her hand up.

"You lied..." she scoffed at him then turned back to Mikah.

"And you knew, you sat there and looked me in my damn eyes, you talked to me like it was a regular day." His face fell even more if it could.

She looked at Leanna "yo mama ain need no help huh ? Just a day where we lyin to Mai ?"

"You knew..." she looked at Darline.

"Baby-" but Mai had enough.

"Nah nah nah, all of yall knew...everybody KNEW, I WAS THE ONLY ONE" she pointed to herself.

"WHAT IF...JUST WHAT IF SOMETHING HAD HAPPENED AND I WASN'T THERE...I WOULDN'T.." she choked out shaking her head and wiped the tears and walked off.

"MAI.." she heard Kammy run after her, so she picked up pace.

She ran and ran until she reached the stair well and ran down the stairs and ended up outside.

She sat on the bench just staring out into space until she finally broke down. She was mad, maybe she shouldn't have reacted that way towards the rest but everyone in that hallway knew except for her, something could have happened, she could have passed and she wouldn't have gotten to say goodbye. She should have known.

She was upset? Absolutely.

Was she being petty ? Yes.

Did she care ? At this point, not at all.

She sat outside on the bench for another 30 minutes until her phone rang.

She sighed and sniffed picking up her phone and looking at who was calling, it was Gina's number.

She answered it "hello".

"Child why are you not in this room?" Gina asked her.

"Mama-"

"Nope, i know you mad at me, i know that i'm wrong, and i am sorry, i know that i am hard headed, don blame the rest especially not that boy, blame me okay ?" Gina told her.

Mai sighed "yes ma'am."

"Good now come up here with me..please." Gina told more than asked her.

"But im still mad." Mai told her.

"Girl i just told- yuh know what, i know you just wanna avoid them, stop being petty." Gina fussed at her.

"But- okay I'm coming now." Mai told her getting up.

"Good because i got some jello that ion want as a peace offering." Gina laughed.

"Yes ma'am, I'll see you in a few minutes."

"Bye baby." Gina hung up.

**

Mai walked to the room, she turned the corner and walked up to the door trying to avoid the rest sitting, she could feel them staring at her.

She knocked on the door.

"Come in." Gina called out.

Mai walked in.

"Maia Johnson" Gina smiled at the girl.

(Added on an "a" now mai is short for maia pronounced "maya")

Mai nodded and smiled a bit "yes ma'am."

Gina pat the bed "come sit baby."

Mai walked over and sat down. She played with her fingers.

Gina reached up and tapped under Mai's chin and tapped it.

"Talk to me." The older lady smiled.

"What you wanna talk about lady." Mai placed her bag on the chair.

Gina shrugged "anything."

Mai looked at the woman that was like a mother to her "why you ain tell me..."

Gina sighed "because you had been through so much." She told the girl.

Mai looked at her and tilted her head "that makes no sense mama, i never knew i was gonna lose them that night, why would you keep the fact that you might be fightin for yo life from me ? Why does it have to be such a big secret from me ? God forbid, that something happened to you, i would not have gotten to say bye, you not tell me is "putting me through" more hell than I've already been through."

Gina sighed "i know im sorry Mai, i am..you forgive me ?"

"Yeah i guess." She shrugged.

"You guessss ?" Gina smiled.

"Yes, i guess" Mai laughed.

"Now...tell me bout that boy." Gina sat up while handing her the red jello and spoon.

Mai looked up from undoing the cover and rolled her eyes and shrugged "it's nothing mama" she stuck her spoon in the jello.

"Nothing ? Girl..." she side eyed Mai.

"You know how it is...i jus been spending time with him, probably why i feel this way, so yes, it's nothing." Mai nodded putting the spoon in her mouth.

"You are so blind and stupid." Gina looked at Mai.

" you jus called me stupid mama ?" She held her chest.

"That boy like you so bad." Gina shook her head.

Mai waved her off "whatever."

Gina just shook her head and sipped the water that was given to her.

For the next half hour they sat and talked about any and everything.

**

The door opened and everyone walked in.

Mai looked up from her phone to see Mikah looking at her, she looked away.

"I'm sorry yall, i was over reacting..." she told them.

"Nah you wasn't, you ain know an we did, we kept it from you, that wasn't fair at all." Mikah said with the rest agreeing.

"Nah im sorry yall foreal..."

"Im sorry for ditching you" Leanna pouted.

"It's fine" Mai waved her off.

Leanna walked over and planted a kiss on her cheek "i love you shawty" she smiled.

"Girl get off of me" Mai laughed.

For the rest of the evening they all sat in Gina's room talking to each other until the nurse kicked them out saying it was time to leave but Darline sweet talked them into letting her stay.

**

They had just stepped off of the elevator.

"Who you ridin wit ?" Jamal asked her

"Uhh it don matter.." she looked at him.

"You can go wit Mi...yuh know since my car full.." he smirked.

She rolled her eyes at the boy knowing what he was trying todo, she turned to Mikah who was on his phone "cmon man, i'm sleepy" flicked Mikah on his arm.

"Uhuh, i want food, hungry as hell." He talked to himself.

"Ou you wanna stop an get some food ?" She asked him.

"I thought you was sleepy.." he said tapping on his phone.

"Yeah...i never said that I wasn't in the mood for some food did i?" She told him walking.

"Whatever."

"So you wanna stop and get some?" She asked, she was in the mood for something, she just didn't know what it was, all in all she was just being greedy.

He shrugged and looked up "i got time."

Mai rolled her eyes "you always got time."

"And you always wanna spend it wit me.." he tilted his head at her.

She rolled her eyes again and walked off to the car "unlock the door please" she pulled at the driver's door.

He pointed to the other door "make yo tiny way over there please, you ain driving" he shook him head.

"Please." She said more than asked him.

"Nah" get in the car.

"I still want food." She stomped her way over to the passenger.

"Wid that attitude, you could starve." He got in and started up the car.

"Widthatattitudeyoucouldstarve" she copied him.

He flicked her forehead and drove off blowing the horn at Jamal and the rest.

"What you want to eat girl.." he asked her causing Mai to smile at him.

"You gonna buy me foooooodddd??"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Helloooo
I really have mixed feelings about this...idk man...i just do not know...uhh i had another idea but decided to let that hold on until further down in the book...i just wanted to add something.

If you thought i was gonna kill off Gina, you wrong fuh det 😐, especially not this soon...✋🏾

I wasnt happy with this chapter but i spent between last night and today trying to make it up to my satisfaction, i feel like this is the best it's going to get.

Yeah thinking bout a three week time skip. That should put me in mid-end of August meaning school and unnecessary drama 🤩.

If you read that whole thing I appreciate you, bc i was just rambling. 💀

Anywhoooo.
Byeeee.
Stay safe.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

14K 258 24
Just read it trust me you will love it Started:June 30,2022
79.1K 4.5K 28
♪ "I want some of your brown sugar..." Started: July 13, 2022
304K 18.8K 64
NOTE: THIS IS A SEQUEL TO EYES ON US STORY! PLEASE READ BOOK ONE FIRST BEFORE READING THIS ONE. STORY ARE FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
200K 5.7K 27
𝘞𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦 - 𝘭𝘪𝘭 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺 | OCTOBER 2020 |