Black Butler, In The Modern E...

By _SubtoWillNE_

"Ciel, come to the front of the store, or I'm cooking lunchables." "Sorry, I got distracted by the tea aisle... More

-Chapter One-
-Chapter Two-
-Chapter Three-
-Chapter Four-
-Chapter Five-
-Chapter Seven-
-Chapter Eight-
-Chapter Nine-
-Chapter Ten-
-Chapter Eleven-
-Chapter Twelve-

-Chapter Six-

1.5K 75 32
By _SubtoWillNE_

A week later, Readers PoV

"Alois you stupid blonde fuck, give me my phone back!" I narrow my eyes at the older teen in front of me, debating whether to pounce onto his back or not.

"No! Spend time with us, with me, instead of grinning at your phone all day!" He folds his arms and huffs as a stubborn child would do after being told they couldn't get ice cream. I roll my bright/dark (E/c) eyes and take a step toward him. 

"Alois." I pause, taking a deep breath through my nose. "I need to know what Stacy did last Friday!" 

"Stacy didn't do shit!"

Just as I'm about to jump onto Alois' back and show him what I think of spending time with them, I feel a tug onto my black t-shirt before I slam into a hard chest and arms wrapping around me before throwing me over their shoulder. I pause for a minute, stunned as I process what had just happened, and who's shoulder I'm leaning over.

"I'm going to have to refrain you from jumping on my master, (Y/n)." I hear Claude's voice ring out in his monotone voice, as always. I groan as I place my hands on his back and push myself up so the blood isn't rushing toward my head, also so my face isn't right next to Claude's ass.

"Fine, fine. Whatever. I'll stay off my phone. Just let me down." I pat his back as he begins to set me back down on the floor. He stays next to me, however. I turn back to Alois with my hand out. "Pass me my phone, bitch." 

Alois smirks as he places my phone in his jeans back pocket. "Hm, no. You can get it back after spending time with us." 

I throw my head back and let out an exaggerated sigh with my eyes closed, abruptly stopping as an idea comes to mind. 

'Okay, I'll spend time with them.' 

I turn to Claude, who looks at me with suspicion laced in his narrowed gold eyes. Before he had the chance to say or do anything, I stand on my toes and snatch the glasses off of his face before sprinting away with them.

"I've got your eyes!" I grin as I run around the bottom floor of the house. Once I hear Claude's light footsteps slamming into my tiled floors, I speed up and run into the living room where almost everyone is. I spot Sebastian cleaning around it and instantly run over to him, clutching onto his leather jacket. I don't give him time to say anything before I began climbing up the poor demon and making myself comfortable on his shoulders. Once I'm comfortable I look around the room. Everyone, including my brothers, was in here, except Ash, Grell and Undertaker.

Everyone looks at me, smirks or raised brows on their faces. There is no in-between. 

"Oh, okay. Why are we doing this exactly?" Sebastian asks as he places his hands on my legs to keep me in place, making eye contact through the mirror facing us. I let out a laugh as I show him the glasses. He nods in understanding, smirking. 

"(Y/n)! Give me my glasses back!" I jump slightly as I hear Claude's voice suddenly. Sebastian turns around so I can face him. I give him the middle finger. 

"Blame Alois, he wanted me to spend time with you lot, so I am!" I hold the glasses above my head so he isn't able to reach them.

"My highness isn't the one who has taken my glasses." He deadpans. I roll my eyes.

"You're not getting them back." 

Suddenly I'm pulled down off of Sebastian's shoulders and am now being held bridal-style in Claude's arms. 

"That's my sibling you just pulled halfway across the room!" Jake jumps up from his place on the couch, frowning. 

"Eh, it's cool. He's just on his period." I look over at Sebastian and see him on my floor. I frown.

"Fucking hell, Claude. You got dirt on my floor." I huff before shoving his glasses back onto his face. Yes, they were wonky, but he can fix that. Which he does after literally throwing me onto the couch next to Ciel. I land with a loud 'oof'.

"Claude, what the fuck!" It's now Dylan's turn to shout. I use Ciel as support to push myself up from my awkward position, rolling my eyes.

'Twat.'

Ciel looks down at me, smirking. "Was it worth it?" I grin.

"Of course it was! Look at his face, he looks ten times more depressed!" I let out a fake squeal as I pinch Claude's cheeks. He slaps my hands away before walking out of the room, muttering about how he isn't getting paid enough for this. 

"I can't say that I'm not offended that you called me dirt after I helped you." I turn to look at Sebastian. I shrug.

"You win some, you lose some. I'll give you my last monster if it makes you feel better."

'That bitch is not getting my last monster.'

Sebastian sighs in defeat before also leaving the room.

"Hello!" A chirpy voice calls out. We all turn to the doorway to see Alois skipping into the room, smiling like a crackhead on payday. I hear a groan from beside me.

"This is where I leave, ciao." Ciel stands from his position but before he can get far I grab a hold of the back of his t-shirt, forcing him back onto the couch. I narrow my eyes.

"Stop being a brat, you blue-haired twat."

He raises his hands in defeat and slumps back into the couch, sighing.

"Yeah, Ciel. Enjoy my company." Alois teases as he sets himself on the other side of me.

Before Ciel can retort with a snarky comment, I decide to jump in. "If you two even begin to argue, I'm going to shank you both." 

They pause as they stare at me before coughing and succumbing to the silence. The awkward silence. I look around the room to take in who is still in here. Dylan, Jake, Ciel, Alois and myself. 

'Maybe I should have let them argue...the silence is loud, ironically.'

"Anyway! School. How are you both feeling?" I ask the boys beside me as I reach over and grab the tv remote off of the coffee table. The corner of my lips curves up as I hear groans, enjoying their distaste for school. 

"Shall I remind you that it's a catholic high school?" My grin widens as I torment them, all the while flicking through Netflix. I settle on Disenchantment, just because I love Luci.

"Wait, if you worship Satan, or whatever, why do you go to a catholic high school?" Alois furrows his brows. I shrug,

"Well, there's not a school for Satanists, as far as I'm concerned. Catholic schools aren't too bad, to be honest. The debates are funny." 

"But, God-"

"The only person that brings up God in the school is the R.E. teachers and my assistant head of year. It's hardly relevant." 

He goes quiet, nodding. I turn to Ciel to see his take on this. He doesn't seem to have one, however. He's engulfed in the show on the tv. I decide not to comment.

'Tomorrow is going to be so chaotic.'

-------------------------

I huff as I pace around the kitchen, anxiety, worry, and doubt building up in my chest with every passing second. I flinch as I feel a hand on my shoulder, twisting around instantly and grabbing said hand in a tight grip. I come face to face with Undertaker, both of our eyes wide at my sudden movement. I slowly loosen my grip before letting my hand fall to the side.

"Undertaker, I'm so sorry!-"

"It's alright, deary. You're worked up, you need to relax. Everything is fine, the demons have it sorted and ready. The Earls have places in the school, and we all have jobs as teachers. We have to leave soon, do try and calm yourself beforehand." He pats my head softly before leaving the kitchen. I nod to no one.

"I'll just do a card reading on how the day will go, then I'll be ready for what comes next," I murmur as I take to my room. 

(I don't use tarot, I use playing cards. It seems easier to read in my opinion, and my dad won't let me get a tarot deck.)

I release a breath I hadn't realised I was holding before making my way to my altar and grabbing the playing cards. I calm myself before shuffling the deck, muttering my questions and allowing the cards needed to jump out. I stop after three lands on the black, silk cloth spread over the table. I take the three cards in my hold, staring them down as I decipher them.

'King of hearts, Eight of clubs and finally Jack of spades. Wait-'

"Jack of spades?" The card isn't necessarily good, nor is it a bad card. It represents pure logic or someone who is frank, honest and direct in their communication and behaviour. It can also represent someone who is a straight-up twat. I've always had bad experiences with this card.

I groan and slam the cards down onto the table, slightly annoyed. 

'At least I'm ready for it, and it isn't unexpected.'

I decide to leave it at that and be grateful that I'm aware it's going to happen. I put my cards away and head to leave my room. 

Just as I'm about to shut my door, that awful headache decides to hit again. They have become a lot more frequent, unfortunately. I get one at least every hour. I pause my actions in hopes that that will somehow make the pain go away. It doesn't, however. It gets worse. Like knives being dug into my skull repeatedly. I feel my knees buckle before I drop to the ground with a loud thud, my nails digging into my covered thighs as the hallway starts to spin.

'I swear if this is how I die.'

"Jake, Dylan!" 

I take in a few deep breaths as the pain continues to get worse, propping myself up against the wall.

Dylan's PoV

I look over at Jake with concern and worry after hearing our names be called by our younger sibling after a thud rang out in the room. He makes quick eye contact with me before racing up the stairs with me close behind. We get to where the noise came from, seeing (Y/n) laying against the wall taking deep breaths. 

"What the fuck, what happened?!" I drop to my knees next to them as I move their hands from their face. I flinch back as I see their eyes. Instead of (E/c), they're bright red.

'Fuck.'

Readers PoV

I cling onto Dylan's shoulders as I try to recompose myself. As soon as I had yelled out for my brothers, the pain died down. It's not completely gone, but it is manageable. I unconsciously tilt my head to the side with my eyebrows furrowed as I see Dylan flinch back after removing my hands from my face. 

"What?" I question him as I slowly stand up. I look over at Jake when I don't get an explanation from Dylan. He shakes his head after a moment.

"Nothing, he's just being weird." He pulls Dylan up by his collar, who lets out a weird noise before slapping his hand away. "We should leave, we're going to be late." Jake pushes Dylan to walk in front of him, which he does, as Jake gently puts his hands on my shoulders and guides me down the stairs as he makes sure I don't trip and die.

"Alois, Ciel! Come on, we need to leave." Dylan calls out as soon as we reach the last step.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've decided on an update schedule, updates will be out every Friday from today on, and maybe another day of the week. This depends if I'm busy or not with school. I'm currently off for two weeks so I will most likely be updating twice a week. Thank you for reading my story so far :) x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

741 14 1
"๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜บ." og book creds: creativecooki
215K 10.3K 42
You know how in every clichรฉ chick flick there's always that scene where the girl looks across the crowded room and her eyes magically connect with a...
54.4K 649 17
I obviously don't own black butler (I wish) but the title is all the explanation you need (I think unless you are dumb but all my readers are smart s...
472 4 24
You just got to read to find out ... Xoxo Aby209tom & Asha_faustus ๐Ÿ˜™๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜š