Come Gentle Bliss

By SlendermansBae

"It's funny how they can negotiate peace in time of war, yet they can negotiate war in time of peace." - R. G... More

Epigraph
1) be prepared
2) Choosing what feels right
3) What am I?
4) Freedom at last
5) Stunned
6) Natural strength
7) A tattoo will help, right?
8) Afraid of the dark
9) On the edge
10.) We fight to protect
11.) Mother?
12.) Undermining Orders
13.) Fresh air
14.) Biggest fears
15.) A Trick?
16.) My time to die
17.) Stay...Away
18.) Control
19.) Do you realize?
20.) The Exhibition
22.) The inevitable
23.) I have...Lost
24.) Mother knows best
25.) Runaway
26.) Peaceful?
27.) Brutal Out Here
28.) Infinite Love
29.) There's A Possibility
30.) Death Penalty
31.) you win or you die
32.) I'm Not A Predator
33.) Of The Blue Flames
34.) the quality of mercy
35.) where is your mind?
36.) All The Lonely People
37.) Run...
38.) Seeking
39.) don't speak
40.) familiar faces of the dead
41.) a change in evolution

21.) No Control

2.5K 75 15
By SlendermansBae

Cal

"You may loose battles, you may even loose wars, but you are really defeated and utterly annihilated if you loose faith and hope."

- Bangambiki Habyarimana, The Great Pearl of Wisdom

"Well, that was the most lack luster speech I've heard." Will pointed out and I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you'd think after years of seeing transfers they would've perfected that." I added, Will chuckled with Tris and Chris. I smiled at them and we turn a corner to go into the pit where everyone else was.

"In line, come on." A Dauntless said to everyone, I glanced around confused and looked at Tris lost. "What do you think is going on?" I questioned then Eric answered my question by standing on the top. "Alright, listen up." He said capturing everyone's attention. "Before you leave tonight, I want you all in four lines. Everyone gets a tracking device." He added and I looked at the the lines to see people being injected by something I could not see. "Don't ask questions, just a precaution." He finished off, I looked at Will confused and he shrugged in response.

"What do you think?" Tris asked lowering her voice. "I don't know, but I don't think it's good." I answered truthfully. "Where's Four?" I questioned to myself and looked around trying to find him.

"This feels weird." Will pointed out standing next to me and I nodded.

"Well, isn't my number one girl glowing." I hear Eric say from behind me, I let out a sigh and turned to look at him as he put his hands behind my back. "I'm not your girl." I back talked him, he chuckled and placed his hand on my shoulder. "God, I'm gonna love seeing our relationship bloom." He smirked, I looked at him confused and his hand cupped my face. "We don't have any type of relationship, Eric." I pointed out to him. "Don't worry, I already talked to the leaders. They approved for us to be together." He said, before I could say anything he injected my neck and I gasped.

"There is no us. There is no together. I want nothing to do with you." I argued, he handed the needle to another soldier and his hand went to my shoulder again.

"Lucky for me, I won't have to hear you bicker or...Fight back." He added then squeezed my shoulder, he walked away and I held my shoulder while watching him leave.

What the hell was he on about?

~~~

"It is better to seek peace than to start wars."

- Matshona Dhliwayo

It is true what they say about tension. You can feel it even in your sleep. I opened my eyes hearing the shuffling of the Dauntless and I take in a breath, nobody uttered a word.

I looked to my side to see Tris sit up from her bed and looked around confused by what was happening. I sit up from my bed as well and take a look around.

Everyone was quietly putting on their clothes and boots.

"What's going on?" Tris asked me, I looked at her and removed the blanket from over me. "Mind control." I answered quickly grabbing my boots and put them on. "What do we do?" She questioned grabbing her boots as well. "Blend in." I answered standing up and grabbed my original jacket.

I turn my head to look at Will who began to walk past by my bed.

Tris and I quickly form into a line with the rest then follow them out to the pit. All I could think about was what was going on inside everyone else's mind. Could they still see what was going? Was their mind just blank? I wasn't sure.

I carefully looked around to see that everyone was being controlled. Even Aaron who was across from me. Her smile was gone. I go down the stairs with Tris following right behind me and we get in line with the rest of the crowd.

"They can see and hear us, but just don't process it the same way. The command's come in to be transferred." Max said to Eric, I kept my eyes ahead and tried to blend in. From a few feet ahead I see them pick up guns from the table and I cautiously glanced to my side.

A man comes through the line and looked around confused.

Oh no.

"Hey, what's going on? What...What are we doing?" He questioned slightly shaking another soldier. "It's a Divergent." Max said to Eric, I glanced at the confused looking man and felt my heart begin to race. "I'll take care of this." Eric said cockily, I picked up a gun from the table and kept it close to me like everyone else did.

"Hey, you know, everything's going to be fine. No need to worry." Eric said faking his comfort to the man. "I don't get it. What's going on?" The man asked him. "It's all going to be okay." Eric said.

I hear a loud gunshot echo through the pit and I held my breath to stop me from flinching.

The line led out to the train and everyone began to get in. I wanted so badly to try and wake up everyone, to free of them, but I would only end up killing myself in the process.

I jumped in after the person in front of me and see Four standing a few feet away from me. I sneakily went behind him and stared at his back.

Everything was silent in the train, I couldn't even hear the other's breathe. It was all quiet.

I take in a breath as the train doors closed and looked to my side. Aaron stood there with a poker face and I felt terrible for her, not being able to have control your mind is one of the scariest thing somebody has to go through. My eyes go back to Four and his hand dangled to his side, in my gut there was this feeling of certainty with him.

Without hesitation, my hand gently grabbed his and he immediately reacted. He lightly squeezed my hand and I let out a sigh closing my eyes.

I don't have a clue in what I must do. My mind was drawing blanks in ideas to stop this. Different case scenarios went over my head, but they all led to traumatic events. Everything about this will lead to trauma, even if I did my best to prevent it for others.

I just hoped I could keep Will safe. I could not bear the idea of losing him. He was my family. I loved him too much to lose him.

Minutes went on for me like hours as the trains were leading us back to the city. I looked down at Four and I's hand, and I felt some sort of calming down tenderness. The trains come to a stop and I let go of Four's hand to grip my gun correctly, then the doors slide open.

I inhaled deeply from my nostrils then followed the soldiers off the train. I glanced at Four and Tris who was on my other side, and I tried to look around to see what was going on.

Dauntless then begins marching towards a confused Abnegation and they all begin to round people up, almost like cattle.

Children who were playing in the streets took one look at us and scrambled. Then soldiers began to break into peoples' homes, dragging families out to the open area and I glanced at Tris who looked in horror.

"We have to find my parents." She whispered and I nodded.

Just as she said that, a man from Abnegation confronts some of the soldiers and began to argue with them. I could tell the man was just confused and most likely scared, but as soon as I blinked, the man was shot. I slightly flinched capturing Four's attention and I inhaled deeply through my nose to calm myself.

"Compose yourself...Keep moving." Four whispered to me, I lightly nod and looked to Tris. "Take us to your house." I said to her.

"We are looking for information. All houses will be searched." The announcements said.

We keep moving forward with the army and I looked to the ground at the lifeless man. My heart begins to race and I picked up my head making sure not to react. I did not want to expose myself.

Four and I followed Tris into her home, with guns up we walked in and Four closed the door behind us.

"Mom?...Dad?" Tris called as she walked deeper into her home to look around, I looked around as well and point my gun down. "Cal, how are you feeling?" Four asked me, his tone full of concern. I looked up at him and let out a sigh then cleared my dry throat.

"I have to help Will...And Chris, Tori." I responded then looked at the door. "I need to find him." I said making my way to the door, but Four grabbed my arm stopping me. "Cal, you go out there as yourself, they will kill you. Think this through." He pointed out, I pulled my arm back and nodded. "I know, it's a risk. But just stay with Tris...I need to find Will." I said trying to reassure him, but I could see through his eyes that he did not want me to go.

"I can't find them." Tris said coming down the stairs and we both looked at her. "Where do you think they would've gone?" I asked her and she shrugged, her face expressing how frustrated she was. "I don't know." She answered, I take in a breath and nod. "All right, let's keep looking." I said, she nodded and I carefully opened the door then walked out with the two following me.

From a few feet ahead I see Eric and Max standing there talking to each other, watching people.

That's when Eric noticed me. His eyes glued to me and I had to disguise the disgusted face I almost made with an emotionless one.

I had to blend in and act natural. I cannot be caught.

"Well, well." Eric said stepping in front of my tracks and I stared right through him. "Can she hear me?" Eric questioned slightly leaning down to look into my dead eyes. "She can listen to your commands, her mother made sure of that." Max responded and Eric smirked, I already knew what he was thinking off. "Let's put that to the test, shall we?" Eric said to him, Max crossed his arms and Tris passed by with Four following.

"Hand me your gun, initiate." He ordered me, I took no hesitation and handed him my gun. He chuckled taking a hold of it and looked to Max with a grin. "You know...Her mother said we were approved to be partners, imagine the child we will both have." Eric said as he moved my braided hair off my shoulder and I wanted so badly to hit him. "A child?" Max questioned and Eric nodded glancing at him. "Oh no, don't worry. She acts up and she will be out back into this, completely obedient." He answered, I feel his eyes dart back at me and he furrowed his brows.

"Son of a bitch."

I quickly used my foot to kick him back and he falls on his back, I picked up my gun pointing it at him then Tris and Four point their guns at Max and Eric.

"You got the stiffs helping you out, sweetheart?" Eric questioned as he stood up from the floor and I kept my gun pointed at him, my shoulders becoming tense. "Call me sweetheart again...I dare you." I threatened him and he chuckled as Max fixed his gun on Tris who pointed her gun at Eric and Four kept his gun pointed at Max.

Western style.

"Three divergents, one being Jeanine's own daughter, she's going to hate that." Max pointed out and I glanced at him. "That's not a surprise, she hates everything." I retorted and Eric chuckled shaking his head. "You think you're going to shoot me, sweetheart?" He instigated, my eyes pierced his and he grinned.

"You couldn't even shoot your simulated friend. You had to shoot yourself, like a coward. You are a-"
"You're right, I am a coward, but at least that's better than becoming you." I cut him off mid speech.

Before he could even say anything else, he goes to grab my gun, but I pull the trigger hitting his leg. He falls to the ground and Four knocks out Max. This manages to grab the other soldier's attention, so we dash out of the crime scene.

We run around a corner and I feel a bullet graze my thigh, I groaned in pain falling into Tris' arms and she caught me. Four runs back to my aid and throws my arm over his shoulder as Tris kept her gun up.

"Does it hurt to step?" Four questioned and I nodded looking down at my leg, the blood oozing down to my calf. We take a few steps forward and we were surrounded by more soldiers, I internally groaned and Four kept a tight grip on my waist.

"Freeze!" A soldier demanded us and we stopped in our tracks. "Put your weapons down." They ordered. I let out a sigh and glanced at Four who looked at me, his eyes searching for an idea to escape.

"Drop them!" Max ordered as well from behind us as they kept their guns pointed at us, I inhaled deeply dropping my gun along with Four and Tris.

"Don't let her win." Four whispered to me as the soldiers got close to pick up our weapons. "Use your shields." He added.

The soldiers then pull us apart and put us in cuffs, they pushed me forward first and I glanced behind me at Tris and Four who looked at me with reassuring eyes.

They knew what was to come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 22.4K 53
"Who's she?" "That's Silver. Stay away from her. She's Eric's girl and he doesn't take it lightly if she if hurt. The unofficial rules here in dountl...
570K 15.2K 63
Riley Eaton was the daughter of Abnegation leader Marcus Eaton. Her father is a terrible man to both her and her brother Tobias. His ways worsen when...
84.9K 1.8K 33
Tris is trying to get comfortable in this new relationship. Its all new to her and Tobias. She knows she liked him more than she probably should; tha...
198K 4.5K 36
Amity, the love faction. Dauntless the dangerous faction. Autumn the kindhearted Amity. Eric the heartless Dauntless leader. What happens when Amity...