Love [Neal Cassidy || OUAT ||...

By bethanyjanebooks

After their return from the past and admitting their feelings, Alana and Neal try to find Tallahassee in Sto... More

Cast
1 - A Tale of Two Sisters
2 - A Tale of Two Sisters
3 - White Out
4 - White Out
5 - Rocky Road
6 - Rocky Road
7 - The Apprentice
8 - The Apprentice
9 - Breaking Glass
10 - Breaking Glass
11 - Family Business
12 - Family Business
13 - The Snow Queen
14 - The Snow Queen
15 - Smash the Mirror: Part 1
17 - Smash the Mirror: Part 2
18 - Smash the Mirror: Part 2
19 - Fall
20 - Fall
21 - Shattered Sight
22 - Shattered Sight
23 - Heroes & Villians
24 - Heroes & Villians
25 - Darkness on the Edge of Town
26 - Darkness on the Edge of Town
27 - Unforgiven
28 - Unforgiven
29 - Enter the Dragon
30 - Enter the Dragon
31 - Poor Unfortunate Soul
32 - Poor Unfortunate Soul
33 - Best Laid Plans
34 - Best Laid Plans
35 - Sympathy for the De Vil
36 - Sympathy for the De Vil
37 - Lily
38 - Lily
39 - Falling for You (Orginial Ep: Mother)
40 - Falling for You (Original Ep: Mother)
41 - Operation Mongoose: Part 1
42 - Operation Mongoose: Part 1
43 - Operation Mongoose: Part 2
44 - Operation Mongoose: Part 2
Next Book

16 - Smash the Mirror: Part 1

794 21 7
By bethanyjanebooks

In Ingrid's ice cave, Delilah was casting a spell to take both Calla's and Amy's magic but failed every time.

"What's going on?" Delilah asked.

"You're not strong enough," Ingrid said.

"That's a load of crap and you know it," Delilah said.

"Are you casting it wrong?" Ingrid asked.

"No, I know how to cast a spell, thank you very much," Delilah said.

At the Charming's loft, whenever Delilah tried casting the spell, both Amy and Calla glowed blue.

"This is getting annoying now... All I need is to light up light and I'm a bloody siren," Amy said.

"Well... At least you're safe..." Neal said.

"That's not the point, my whole tenses up every time and I jolt, it's a bloody piss-take," Amy said.

Elsa walked downstairs from Henry's bedroom, "How are they?" Neal asked.

"I gave him enough ice for the week. It should help with the swelling and... Calla's a little scared, of the protection spell on her, not the twins," Elsa said.

"No. How are they?" Mary Margaret said.

"Henry's upset and Calla's worried. I just wanted Henry to understand the twin's magic is tied to their emotions, like mine. The reason she hurt him is because they were trying so hard not to hurt him. It sounds very convoluted when I try to explain it now," Elsa said.

"No, no. Um... It makes perfect sense," Mary Margaret said.

Regina walked into the loft, "Where's Henry? Is he okay?" Amy flashed blue again, "What the hell was that?" Regina asked.

"Don't ask," Amy said.

"He's fine. He's upstairs. We've been trying to call you all night," David said.

"Well, I'm sorry if I don't respond to your every summons! Though I did bring that locator potion you wanted. Maybe next time, try leading with 'thank you'. Now, may I see my son, please?" Regina said as she placed the potion on the table.

Mary Margaret noticed Regina's shirt wasn't buttoned up properly, "You might want to finish buttoning your shirt first," Mary Margaret said.

"Oh. Well, I was in rush to get here," Regina said as she buttoned up her shirt properly then she walked upstairs.

"A locator potion. How does this work, exactly?" Elsa asked as she pointed to the table.

"We just pout it over anything that belonged to the twins... Something like this," David as he picked up Emma's red scarf.

Mary Margaret's phone rang and she picked it up, "It's Emma," Mary Margaret said and answered.

Neal's phone rang and he looked at it, "It's Lana," He answered, "Hey, babe," Neal said.

"Hey, Neal...D...Did Henry come home?" Alana said.

"Oh, yes, yes. No, he's fine. Lana, are you... Are you okay? Babe, talk to me," Neal said.

"Don't worry about me. It doesn't matter," Alana said.

"No, of course, it matters. Talk to me," Neal said.

"This is all gonna be over soon. I just needed to tell you that I'm okay.  W...We have a way to fix everything," Alana said.

"Lana, no, wait," Neal said and Amy looked at him.

"I love you, Neal, I'm so sorry I hurt our son," Alana's voice shook, "When this is over... Let's...Let's find a home, you, me and Henry," Alana said.

"Lana, what are you two doing?" Neal asked in worry.

"We're getting rid of our magic, forever," Alana said.

"Lana..." Neal said.

"Bye," Alana said and hung up.

"Wait, Lana," Neal looked at his phone, "She hung up on me," Neal said.

"What did they say?" David asked.

"Lana said they're going to get rid of their magic, forever," Neal said.

"Emma said the same," Mary Margaret said.

"How is that even possible?" Elsa asked.

"Emma said it will all be over soon, and they can't wait to be home for a cocoa with cinnamon," She looked at Neal, "What did Alana say?" Mary Margaret said.

"That she loves me and that, uh... When this is over, she wants to live together, us and Henry," Neal said.

"What?" David asked.

"Yeah," Neal said.

"Did either of them say anything about the method? If it was a spell or... A magic object of some kind?" Killian asked.

"Who cares how they're doing it? That's not what matters here," David said.

"No, you're absolutely right. I wonder if Lana tried to call me," Neal and Amy looked at Killian as he checked his pockets, "Bloody hell. I left my talking phone in the back of your truck," Killian said as he started walking towards the door.

"It's just called a phone, love," Amy said.

"Why are you in a slight panic?" Neal asked.

"What an impractical name. I'll be back in two shakes," He looked at Neal, "Because she's the closest thing I've got to a sibling, I've already lost one, I'll be damned if she goes through losing half of herself without talking to me, whole," Killian said and walked out, shutting the door.

Amy and Neal looked at each other then looked at David and Mary Margaret, "Oh, they told you their plan and what? We're not gonna do anything?" Amy asked.

Outside the loft, Killian brought his phone out of his pocket and called Alana.

"Alana, it's Killian. Call me right away, or you may never make it back to find a home with Bae or your boy," He hung up, "Damn it, Lana. Don't tell me you two trusted the Crocodile," Killian said.

Flashback

Anna, Elsa and Kristoff entered in the old bedroom of the three sisters.

Kristoff coughed, "It's dusty in here," He said.

"I'm surprised it bothers you," Elsa said.

"Hey, I may have slept in a barn, but it was a spotless barn," Kristoff defended.

'I've never been in this part of the palace. What makes you think Ingrid hid the urn here?" Elsa said as she looked at her younger sister.

"Mother and father told me not to go in the east wing because it was crumbling and dangerous. So, of course, I had to," Anna explained.

"Naturally," Elsa said.

"But it didn't seem dangerous to me. Just... Forgotten," Anna said.

"Mother probably wanted to forget the painful memories of her sister," Elsa said and she started to look around the room.

"You royals sure go to exhaustive lengths to ignore your issues," Kristoff said.

Anna turned to Kristoff, "You're still here? You're supposed to be outside keeping watch. And, remember, if you see Ingrid, use the secret signal. Wait, do we have a secret signal?" Anna said.

"Uh, I think 'run' will work just fine," Kristoff said and he walked out.

Elsa walked over to a cracked mirror, "What is it, Elsa? Is everything all right?" Anna asked.

"Yeah, I was just thinking about what it must have been like when mother and Ingrid were younger. I wonder what happened that made them turn against each other," Elsa said.

"Knowing Ingrid, I'm not surprised things got ugly. She, uh, she made the woman who she viewed as a big sister forget about her own brother," Elsa looked at her shocked, "She has her memories back, but the hate when she came here with me... It was there. But you don't need to worry. It's in the past," Elsa turned back to the cracked mirror, "And you and I both know that can never happen to us. Now... We need to get searching. We need to find that urn," Anna opened the wardrobe and found a frozen Hans, "Hans! Look, he's... He's... He's frozen," Anna said in confusion.

"I guess I forgot to tell you everything that happened since you were away," Elsa said as she walked towards her.

"Ingrid did this?" Anna asked.

"To be fair, it's the one good thing she's done since getting out of that urn. And look, there it is," Elsa said as she picked up the urn that was next to Hans.

"It's smaller than I imagined. It must not have been very comfortable," Anna said as she looked at it.

"Well, she's going to have to make do because she's going right back inside it," Elsa said.

End of Flashback

At the ice cave, Ingrid was standing in front of her mirror as Delilah kept casting the spell but failing and Mr Gold appeared in the room.

Delilah looked at him, "Did you come here for a reason? As I recall, I already told you what you need to do to free yourself from your dagger," Delilah said.

"Hmm..." Mr Gold said.

"We never nothing to give you... Unless... You simply like watching us," Ingrid said.

"I never do anything without a good reason. And watching your twisted minds at work does not qualify," He watched as Delilah failed again at the spell, "Having trouble, dearie? Perhaps, you're in over your head thinking you have the strength to take their magic," Mr Gold said.

"Twisted? Says the man who betrayed everyone in Storybrooke, including his whole family," Delilah said.

"I haven't betrayed a single person... Well, that's a lie," Mr Gold glanced at Delilah, "No one harms my daughter," Mr Gold said and placed her under a chokehold.

"You... You went back on a deal," Delilah said in a strained voice.

"Did I? I said I'd give you a spell to remove their powers, I never said I wouldn't protect them from it," Mr Gold said and tossed her into a wall, he looked at Ingrid.

Ingrid didn't look surprised, "Did you forget that you gave me those?" Ingrid pointed to the four ribbons in the box next to her, "Did you forget what they can do?" Ingrid said as Delilah walked towards Ingrid.

"I don't forget much, dearie. But if you plan to put two of those ribbons on Emma and Alana Swan, you're about to be disappointed. With their powers our of control, I've now found my own use for them and if Delphinia and Calla still have their magic and under the strongest protection spell of all time, well... Then my daughter is still the Queen of the Shadows and my granddaughter is still the Princess," Mr Gold said as walked around them.

"You think you can take them away from me now?" Ingrid said angrily.

"You double-crossing bastard," Delilah said angrily and when they both tried to attack him, a forcefield appeared around them, trapping them.

"What did you do?" Ingrid asked.

"Look down," They looked down and saw a gold circle appear around them, "Remember the urn your sister placed you in," They looked at him, "It had the power to limit your magic," Mr Gold said.

"Elsa destroyed that urn," Ingrid said.

"Well, funny thing about magic... It can never be destroyed completely. It simply lives on in other forms. Magic survives. I visited the barn where the urn was destroyed, collected its remnants grain by grain..." He held up a bottle with remnants of the urn, "Painstaking process and I must say... The effort paid off," Mr Gold said.

"When we escape, there will be a terrible price to pay," Ingrid said.

"Don't worry. The dust won't last long, just long enough to get what I want. And, uh, you see, I don't have to betray everyone in Storybrooke. Just you two. And I'm afraid... Emma and Alana Swan," Mr Gold said, he turned and walked away, leaving Ingrid and Delilah trapped and powerless.

At Charming's family loft, Mary Margaret was sitting on the bed looking at a picture of her and the twins when David pulled up a chair and sat across from her.

David looked at the picture, "Hmm. I've always liked that picture. The twins have your eyes," David said.

"They have your smile. Do you remember when you took it?" Mary Margaret asked.

"How could I forget? That was the party we had at Granny's after the twins helped us go up again... Pan or Anton the giant?" David said.

"Try Cora," Mary Margaret said.

"Oh. We invited Happy to that?" David questioned.

"I guess it's easy to lost track. They've saved Storybrooke a lot," Mary Margaret said.

"Mhm. I'm worried about them, too, but the girls are tough. They'll be fine," David said.

"What if they're making a mistake? Because of us... Shouldn't we be out there trying to convince them not to give up their magic?" Mary Margaret said.

"Yes!" The married couple looked at her, "Stop wallowing and bloody do something," Amy said.

"Delphinia..." David said.

"No, no, no, no, do not Delphinia, me. You are not my father. You are not my family... Actually, you know what? You two are on your own. Your mess, you two fix it. I'm gonna enjoy a little vacay," Amy said and walked away, sitting on the couch.

"What if Delphinia's right? We should do something," Mary Margaret said.

"Well, it's the twins choice, not ours and certainly not hers. The girls know we support them, no matter what, and if losing their magic is what they want, well... Maybe it's not such a bag thing," David said.

"But it's part of who they are... Saviours. I mean, they were born this way... Heroes. So isn't embracing that the right thing?" Mary Margaret said.

"Well, if the Snow Queen is doing all this because of the girl's power, maybe... Getting rid of them is the heroic thing. Do you remember the night the twins were born? Before Delphinia and I put them in the wardrobe, you said we had to give them their best chance. Maybe now their best chance if for them to be... Normal," David said.

Elsa and Neal were in the other side of the room with Amy, they listened to the conversation that David and Mary Margaret just had. Elsa and Neal looked at each other then Amy who was looking out the window.

Flashback

Elsa and Anna walked out of the three sister's room and into the hallway.

"We can't let anyone see us. Ingrid could have eyes and ears everywhere. Of course, not literally. That would be gross. And unhygienic. Though she does have skeletons in her closet. Because we did just find Hans in her closet. And his body does contain a skeleton," Anna said.

Then two guards walked into the hallway and the two sisters quickly hid behind two pillars. As the guards walked passed them when they knew they were gone the sisters came out of hiding.

"Aah. Okay, that was a close one. Let's go," Anna started walking but Elsa was looking up at a painting of their parents, "You're not going. Elsa," Anna said.

"Is what Ingrid said true? That our parents went to Misthaven to find something to take away my magic?" Elsa asked.

"It is. Sorry, Elsa, I should have told you the second I got back home. I just... I didn't know how," Anna said as she walked to her and they both looked at the painting.

"I don't blame them," Elsa said.

"When people look at this painting, they see a king and a queen. But the only thing I see is mama and papa. They were only human. They made mistakes. If they could see you today, I bet they would never ask you to give up a part of yourself," Anna said.

"But they're not here. And we'll never know," Elsa said.

"What matters is that your powers make you special. And I wouldn't want you any other way," Anna said and they looked at each other.

End of Flashback

Amy looked at Neal and Elsa as Elsa grabbed the potion and scarf, they looked back at Amy who smirked, she wiggled her fingers to them as Neal and Elsa walked out of the loft then Amy laid down on the sofa.

Upstairs, in Henry's room, Calla was looking through one of the fairytales books Regina gave her as Henry and Regina were sat together, flipping through comic books.

"I can keep sitting here pretending to read about Wolverine, or you can talk about what happened with the twins," Regina said.

"Nothing to talk about," Henry said as he was holding ice to the side of his head.

"What's this?" Calla asked as she pointed to a goblin.

Henry looked at it, "That's the goblin," Henry said.

"Oh," Calla said.

"Can I at least look at the wound? Not that I don't trust the ice doctor's diagnosis," Regina said.

"Okay, fine," Henry said as he removes the ice, showing the cut.

"Does that hurt?" Regina asked.

"A little," Henry said.

Regina waved her hand over the wound, using her magic to heal it, "Not anymore, all better," Regina said.

Henry touched where his wound used to be and glanced at Regina, "It must be nice to have magic and be useful," Henry said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Regina asked.

"I went out there to help hem, but I couldn't do anything because I'm just... Ordinary," Henry said.

"Henry. We are each given our own gifts. You have the heart of the truest believer. You brought us all together. Never think you're ordinary just because you don't have magic," Regina said.

"Or claws or... Ripped purple shorts. Now, don't worry about the twins. They're heroes, and, as we both know..." Regina said.

"Heroes always win," Henry and Regina said in unison and rested their foreheads together.

"Huggy," Calla said and hugged Henry.

Henry smiled and gently pulled Calla onto his lap, hugging back, "Thank you, Calla," Henry said.

"What I do?" Calla asked.

"Stayed," Henry whispered.

At the pawnshop, Killian rushed into the shop, "Crocodile?! Where are you?!" Killian yelled.

He looked around and looked down at the counter at the burn mark that Alana had left, he placed his hand over it and he could still feel the heat.

"Lana... No, no, no, no," He quickly took out his phone and he called Alana, "Lana, it's Killian again. You have to listen to me. I know that you've both been to see Gold. I saw what you did. And if he's promised to get rid of your powers, don't listen to him. He doesn't want to help either of you. He wants... He wants to collect your powers in a bloody hat. And when he does, you'll both be sucked in, too. I...I don't know what he's planning, but I know that he's been lying to Belle. The dagger he gave her is a fake. I only know all this because... Because I'm afraid I've been lying to Phinia, too. Listen, I feel like I can tell you, Gold blackmailed me into helping him. He knew. He knew I'd do whatever it takes to be with Delphinia and Calla, and he used it against me. I just wanted to be a better man for her and a better father than I ever had, Lana. But I failed. And now because of it, I might lose you, Lana... You're like a little sister to me. I'm sorry. But I hope you and Delphinia never forgive me because that means that you'll get this in time to save yourself and have a life with Bae and your boy. Goodbye," Killian said and hung up.

Killian saw the map on the table, he saw what Mr Gold circled where the manor was and he quickly left the shop.

Meanwhile, Ingrid and Delilah, they tried to escape from the circle, but they can't. Ingrid turned to her mirror and she used her power to spy on the twins.

Meanwhile, the twins, Alana was driving, she flinched when Killian rang her again, she turned the radio on with her magic.

"Dammit," Alana said and she tried to turn the radio off.

"Watch out!" Emma yelled and she took control of the wheel as Ingrid was in the middle of the road, Emma accidentally crashed the car, knocking both twins out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.4K 1.6K 46
Magic is in Storybrooke. Memories have returned. Families reunited. Cruse is broken. As the curse is broken, Alana and Emma finally meet their parent...
72.2K 2.2K 46
We know the story of Emma Swan, mother of Henry, daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. But what about the story of Elias Swan, father of Henry...
106K 5K 43
Set after 3x11 Going Home, after Pan's curse hits. This fic ignores ANYTHING that comes after this episode. What if everyone hadn't met Zelena in th...
14.6K 519 32
After surviving not only Neverland but an encounter with her past self, Tasha finds herself questioning whether a peaceful life is possible in a plac...