Never Gonna Quit It [h.s.]

By StylisticMoods

*WARNING: This book contains mature content; read at your own discretion* [Inspired by the song and video fo... More

Chapter One:
Chapter Two:
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
Chapter Five:
Chapter Six:
Chapter Seven:
Chapter Eight:
Chapter Nine:
Chapter Ten:
Chapter Eleven:
Chapter Twelve:
Chapter Thirteen:
Chapter Fourteen:
Chapter Fifteen:
Chapter Seventeen:
Chapter Eighteen:
Chapter Nineteen:
Chapter Twenty:
Chapter Twenty-One:
Chapter Twenty-Two:
Chapter Twenty-Three:
Chapter Twenty-Four:
Chapter Twenty-Five:
Chapter Twenty-Six:
Chapter Twenty-Seven:
Chapter Twenty-Eight:
Chapter Twenty-Nine:
Chapter Thirty:
Chapter Thirty-One:
Chapter Thirty-Two:
Chapter Thirty-Three:
Chapter Thirty-Four:
Chapter Thirty-Five:
Epilogue:

Chapter Sixteen:

4.2K 172 17
By StylisticMoods

Scarlett

She smiled as she stared up at the ceiling, "That was...I can't even explain it."

Harry laughed beside her and pulled her closer to him, "I told you that I'd make it up to you didn't I?"

"Mmm yes you did. I didn't honestly think that you had it in you for that much sex though, definitely not complaining only wondering why we didn't set a day aside for sex sooner."

His finger trailed lightly over the tattoos on her arms, "Because we'd always crash from the drugs, but now we have free reign! Maybe for your birthday we'll do this again. When is your birthday anyway?"

Scarlett turned on her side to look at him when he spoke, it was something she really loved about him for some reason that she couldn't quite place. The way his lips formed words and the way that he talked so unlike anyone else.

"April 14th, I never told you?"

He shook his head, "Nope. You missed mine by the way, it was the first of last month."

Scarlett stared at him for a moment before she started to laugh, "God, we have such a fucked up relationship."

Harry laughed with her and shrugged, "I don't know about you, but I enjoy it. It works doesn't it?"

In all honesty, they knew just about nothing about one another but he was right, it did work well for them.

Scarlett squirmed around for a moment so that she could kiss him, "Yes, it works very well and I very much enjoy it."

Harry smiled, "I still can't get over how different you are and how you're still the same Scarlett."

Scarlett frowned, she knew he'd say something like that eventually, and went back to lying on her back and staring at the dull ceiling, whispering under her breath, "This is why I didn't want to go to rehab..."

"Scarlett...I didn't say that I didn't like it. I love yoouu!" He pulled her into his chest and peppered her face with kisses.

Scarlett squirmed in his arms, giggling at his actions, "Stop it! I love you too!"

He kissed her as she smiled and pinched her bum, making her jump and squeak slightly.

Harry chuckled and decided to ask her a question that he'd been curious about for months now, "You never did tell me where you got the money to pay for all the drugs and whatever. How did you get it?"

Scarlett tensed and he regretted even asking when he saw her expression.

He opened his mouth to take it back when she answered, "I uh...I was a stripper for a while..."

She watched his expression change and felt better about it when he looked amused, "No way."

Scarlett nodded, "Yep, I worked over at Moonlighters for a solid two years at least."

"I went in there once with my friends but I couldn't go through with it, the whole idea of just objectifying women doesn't sit well with me."

She thought about it for a moment, "But you objectified me for a time, did you not?"

He sighed, "You're right, I did. That's why I never stayed the night you know, I couldn't deal with what I was doing."

"I always wondered why you did that." She entwined their fingers together and turned her head to look at him once again, his green eyes keeping her captivated.

Harry laughed and squeezed her hand lightly, "Now you know. I never asked if you had any siblings?"

Scarlett shook her head, "No, I'm an only child. Are you?"

"I have an older sister but she doesn't want anything to do with me. Or at least, she didn't the last time that I saw her."

"How's your Mum doing?"

He smiled at the question, "She's well, keeps bugging me about meeting you but I don't know, I don't want to do that just yet."

"That's good. I agree with you on that one. Maybe next holiday or something."

"I'd like that."

                        * * *

There was a knock on the door and since Scarlett was cooking, her new distraction, Harry answered the door.

"Hell-" He was cut off by the crazy rehab girl trying to kiss him.

Pushing her away was slightly more difficult than he had anticipated for such a small girl and he found himself against the door frame, holding her away from him by an arms length.

"What in the actual-"

The moment the words left his mouth Scarlett took notice of the situation and not surprisingly, she threw a mug at the girl.

"Get the fuck off of my boyfriend and get the hell out of my apartment you delusional psycho!"

Ironically, that had her looking a bit crazy herself.

The mug had missed and shattered on the wall outside in the hall, probably pissing the neighbors off farther.

Rather than listen, the girl walked into her apartment and looked around, her eyes wide and curious.

Harry was the next to speak, "How the hell did you find me?"

The girl shrugged, "I wanted to, and I always get what I want."

"I hate to break it to you sweetheart, but he doesn't want you so whoops, you can't have him." Scarlett spoke before picking up the phone.

She clearly wasn't going to leave and Scarlett really wasn't in the mood to go to jail for doing something she shouldn't. So, she was going to have the police take care of it for her.

Harry and the girl were distinctly arguing and by the time she had hung up it was to the point where he was yelling.

"Get it through your head!! I am in a happy relationship with Scarlett not with you!"

The stupid girl crossed her arms with tear filled eyes, her answer equally upset as his had been, possibly even more so, "Stop lying! You love me, not some washed up whore!"

His fists were clenched so tightly that Scarlett was afraid he would actually hit the girl, "Don't you dare insult her!"

Scarlett moved behind him and took his hand in hers while speaking lowly in his ear, "It isn't worth it, calm down I already called the police."

"No Scarlett, I'm sick and tired of her. This is bullshit."

There was really no point in calming him down, he was very angry and she didn't seem to have his attention any longer.

Scarlett backed off and waited by the door, the sound of heavy boots ascending the stairs echoing against the dull walls of the hall moments after she'd done so.

They had just made it to the door when she heard the commotion in the kitchen and ran back inside.

Her eyes widened when they landed on the knife held to Harry's throat as he lie on the floor, straddled by the psycho rehab girl.

"Harry!" Scarlett attempted to get to him frantically.

One of the police took hold of her arms and held her back as she fought to get back to him.

"Tell me you love me!" The girl screamed as her hand that gripped the knife shook almost violently.

Harry's eyes moved from her to Scarlett, not once did he move or say a word. He didn't love her at all, the woman he loved was only inches away and probably terrified.

"Tell me!"

His eyes didn't leave Scarlett's, so that she knew he meant her and not the psycho girl on top of him, "I love you."

"Look at me!"

He breathed in deeply as he looked at Scarlett, small wet tracks lined her cheeks where some tears had escaped, her lips quivering as she looked right back.

One of the policemen had his gun raised, aiming it at the girl.

"Drop the knife or I'll shoot!"

As per the usual, the girl seemed to have had heard nothing and only added more pressure on Harry's neck, drawing a thin prick of blood.

Harry grimaced and promptly refused, which only made her even more enraged resulting in her smashing a plate Scarlett had set aside for their dinner.

A loud crack sounded in her ears and a splash of red adorned the girls white sleeves just under her shoulder.

The knife clattered to the floor and she cried out in pain, giving Harry time to slip out from under her and immediately envelope Scarlett in his arms.

Both officers moved to the girl, one cuffing her and the other radioing for an ambulance.

An hour of questioning later and they were free to clean up and do as they pleased.

"I'm sorry that our dinner burned, I didn't know what else to do that wouldn't get me or you in trouble." Scarlett spoke softly as she picked up the larger shards of glass left over from the plate the girl had smashed an hour earlier.

"Scarlett, it isn't your fault. We can make it again another time. Neither of us knew she'd track me down like that or completely lose all her marbles."

He retrieved the shards from her hands and disposed of them before gently helping her to her feet and pulling her closer to him.

"I'll clean this up and order some takeout. Why don't you go run a hot bath and relax, I'll join you in a little while."

Scarlett shook her head and smiled up at him, "You're not cleaning this up by yourself. I'll go after all the glass and burnt food is taken care of."

Harry closed the remaining space between them and kissed her deeply, "Have I ever told you how much I love you?"

Scarlett fought back a giggle, "Only every day."

He kissed her once more, "Good!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

820K 21.9K 94
a killer instinct was coined in the early boxing world as a protective, cold mentality that surges to one's consciousness and turns one into a viciou...
415 33 21
~~ "You asked me if I had ever been in love, and I said no, right?" He inquired while gazing into my eyes, a smile playing on his lips, his dimples...
15.7M 323K 100
I hate her, I hate her, I fucking hate her. If she died right now, I wouldn't care. My main concern would be how I would get my money for this stunt...
286 59 13
Scarlett White, a normal girl who lives with her mother and stepfather in a humble community. Her life becomes exciting in her final year of school t...