Tell Me A Lie (One Direction...

By EmeraldCraazy

The thing about white lies, is that they darken more than the real ones actually. They start out trying not t... More

Tell Me A Lie
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Future Stories

Chapter 16

112K 1.9K 1K
By EmeraldCraazy

Shit. I'm really updating a lot! And after this story I;m going to start writing another one!

Who's your favorite One Direction member?

Beside Harry though!

I wanna see who you guys want the next fanfic to be about!

Niall, Louis, Liam, Zayn? I could do any of them!

Chapter 16:

     I laid on my back on the floor staring up at the white ceiling. It's been a couple of weeks since I saw Harry at the club with that girl. I've ignored the other boys calls and texts. They come by every once in a while asking to see me, but I told Emma to not let them in. She feels bad for me, I can tell. I was a back-up singer/dancer for Cher then I became her opening act. We've gone to a couple places close to London and performed. Now I'm riding solo. I'm my own singer. Of course me and Cher are still close friends, but she's a little upset that I've gone off on my own branch.

     My dream is starting to become real. Or my old dream at least. I've become famous, I guess you could say that. I've performed gigs at random places and have some fans too. Their starting to make people pay money to see me, and I perform in concert centers now. I wish I was happy, but being happy is over-rated.

    I can't help but feel like I'm worthless. Like I shouldn't be laying here breathing with a healthy heart. This should be my parents laying here alive, not me. This should be Anna sitting here and giggling like a happy child. Like a child with no pain. Her funeral is today, and I'm going. I think her mother needs the support. I couldn't imagine how she felt to loose her little baby. I sighed and let the tears fall that come so often now, It's strange if I'm not crying. Amazing how I'm not dead from loss of water in my body.

   I ignored the salty tears and wiped them away so furiously. I shuffled to my closet and pulled out the beautiful outfit I bought for Anna's funeral. I slipped into the strapless black velvet dress with studs around the neck. It flowed outward to my mid thigh or a little longer. I shoved my feet into black heeled booties that were quite comfortable. I finished the outfit with gold bangles with rhinestones and a black blazer to cover my arms.

   I applied red lipstick to my lips and a layer of mascara along with a bit of eyeliner. Being famous means you have to look good, even when you feel like shit. I brushed on some white shimmer eye shadow and puckered my lips in the mirror. Now hair, what to do with my hair. I pulled it to the side in a cute braid and nodded to myself in approval.

   "Mel? Babe you ready? It's going to start soon!" Emma shouted from down stairs. I straightened my posture and met her downstairs. She smiled at me and handed me my small leather purse which I took. Before I knew it we were at the graveyard where Anna's mother wanted the ceremony to be. She didn't want it to be in a church, because she lost faith in God when Anna died. I sat still in the passenger seat and Emma got out and opened my door for me.

  "It'll be ok Mel." She smiled down at me and held her hand out for me to grab. What have I done to deserve such a beautiful, kind friend? I nodded and took her warm hand in my own. We walked hand in hand to all the people. Everyone was in black and surrounding a white wooden casket with beautiful Lilacs covering it. Those were Anna's favorite flowers, we used to pick them in the garden outside of the hospital together. I spotted her mom at the same time she spotted me. As soon as I embraced her in a hug she began to cry.

  "She was such a precious child. And innocent beautiful child...my child." She wailed into my shoulder and I hugged her tightly trying to stay strong for her. I will not cry. I will not cry. I rubbed her back in soothing circles as she cried.

  "Do you still want me to sing for her?" I pulled back and took hold of her shoulders.

  "Yes. She loved you and your voice so much. Could you say a word too? I don't think I can do it without crying." She asked with tears still streaming down her cheeks. I nodded and took my place in front of the casket. I cleared my throat and everybody went to the other side of the casket so they could see me clearly.

  "Anna Marie Johnson. She was an angel, I think anyone who's met her knows that," I looked around at the surrounding people holding each other and crying. "She was the sweetest child I've ever met, like a sister to me. Lilacs were her favorite flowers," I picked up one of the lilacs and placed it in my hair. "We used to pick them in the hospitals garden and even though she was sick she would throw them at me and laugh. She is the only person with cancer that I've met that had a positive outlook on life. Her laughter was like an angels and she'll be watching over us, " I looked to Ms. Johnson and smiled weakly at her. "I would like to sing a song for her if you guys would like that." Everyone nodded and I nodded back.

  I straightened my back and Emma started the instrumental CD that is a substitute for my band. The music started and I began,

God knows what is hiding in those weak and drunken hearts
Guess he kissed the girls and made them cry
Those Hard-faced Queens of misadventure
God knows what is hiding in those weak and sunken lives
Fiery thrones of muted angels
Giving love but getting nothing back

I held one of my hands out in front of me and placed the other on my stomach, because it was a habit I did when I sung. Like if I didn't I would explode into a million tiny pieces.

People help the people
And if you're homesick, give me your hand and I'll hold it
People help the people
And nothing will drag you down
Oh and if I had a brain, Oh and if I had a brain
I'd be cold as a stone and rich as the fool
That turned all those good hearts away

God knows what is hiding in this world of little consequence
Behind the tears, inside the lies
A thousand slowly dying sunsets
God knows what is hiding in those weak and drunken hearts
Guess the loneliness came knocking
No one needs to be alone, oh singin'

People help the people
And if you're homesick, give me your hand and I'll hold it
People help the people
Nothing will drag you down
Oh and if I had a brain, Oh and if I had a brain
I'd be cold as a stone and rich as the fool
That turned, all those good hearts away

Nah Naaah nah nah naaaaahhhhhh oooouuuu

By now tears were flowing down my cheeks and my eyes were closed as I continued singing the beautiful song for these beautiful people and my beautiful Anna.

 Nah Naaah nah nah naaaaahhhhhh oooouuuu

People help the people
And if you're homesick, give me your hand and I'll hold it
People help the people
Nothing will drag you down
Oh and if I had a brain, Oh and if I had a brain
I'd be cold as a stone and rich as the fool
That turned all those good hearts away

  I continued to squeeze my eyes shut. I was kind of nervous of what everybody would think of me. Stupid right? Someone who's performed in front of a million people is afraid to perform in front of 20 people. There were whispers then almost all at once they started snapping. Like what you do in a coffee shop after someone's sung a song. It was peaceful and a lot nicer than clapping. I gasp when I felt a warm gust of air around me. I walked up to Anna casket, placed a hand on it and let my body shake from my sobs.

   "I promised you everything was going to be alright, I lied. I'm always lying. I'm sorry Anna, I'm so sorry." I felt a warm hand on my back and looked to my side to see Niall with tears falling from his eyes. Louis appeared to my right and embraced me in a hug. Then in an instant Niall, Zayn, and Liam all wrapped me into there arms for a group hug. I cried on there arms and held on to the one closet to me, Liam. He kissed my forehead lightly then they all pulled away.

   "I'm so sorry I was ever mad at you. You've been through so much and I just realized that." Liam rambled and I lightly tapped his chest.

  "Careful now Liam, you're starting to sound like a girl." I tried to joke but no one laughed. Ouch.

  "We're sorry Harry didn't come." Zayn popped in the conversation. The other three boys started at him like he was an idiot. He was.

  "He hates me, it's totally fine." It's totally not fine. I'm going to go curl up in the fetal position because you mention his name, screw you.

  "He doesn't hate you he just....well no he hates---OWW!" Zayn yelped when three boys hit him in different places at the same time.

  "Thanks for trying to cheer me up Zayn, but you suck at cheering people up." I sniffled and looked up at him. "I'm going to go. I just need some time alone." I waved bye to them and started walking away.

  "It was a beautiful song!" Louis yelled after me and I just waved and kept walking. It was then that I realized paparazzi was everywhere. Well thanks One Direction for leading them here.

  "Melody, who's funeral was this?"

  "What song was that?"

   "What brand are you wearing?" Really? I'm at a funeral and they ask what I'm wearing?!

   "Is it true you had cancer?" A smirking blonde reporter asked me.

   "Yes, but it's gone now." I answered and walked past them, but they followed.

   "Harry Styles from One Direction said that you would've lied and said no." The blonde reporter tried to shove deeper into my life.

   "Well screw Harry Styles, and screw you!" I flipped the camera off and hopped into the car where Emma was waiting for me.

  "Damn paparazzi never goes away." She rolled her eyes at them and drove away. I nodded in agreement and we sang along with the radio. As soon as we got back to the house I made my way upstairs and locked my door.

   I logged on to my laptop and looked up things about Harry. Like I usually did, I like to know how he's doing. Call me a stalker, but I love him. That will never change. I read an article about Harry and his new girlfriend. The pictures indicate that he's forgotten all about me and focused on this stunning lady. It was the girl from the bar, I'm sure of it. Her green eyes and brown curly hair made her and Harry look like twins, but they were cute together. She's better for him anyways.

   I sunk into the bed and nuzzled my head into the soft white pillow. I grabbed my phone off the bedside table and dialed his number. I didn't even bother making it an unknown caller call this time, he'd know.

   "Melody? I uh saw you at the funeral...on TV. That reporter that I talked to filmed everything. It was on a live broadcast.." He trailed off awkwardly.

   "Can you sing to me? I just want you to." I asked quietly, afraid that he'd say no.

   "Harry, come back to the bed baby." A girl whined in the back ground. I tried to cover my mouth as I started to cry, but I think he still heard it. On the internet it seems so unreal, but when I hear her in the background...It's so real.

  "I-I'm sorry. I'll just go. Sorry for intruding on you and your.." I let out another sob.

  "Wait, Don't---" I hung up before he could make me feel even more embarrassed with myself. I breathed loudly and allowed myself to cry. What's the good in holding it in anyways?

  "I love you Harry." I whispered to my pillow and hugged it. What the hell am I doing?

  "Sorry pillow, I know you aren't Harry." So this Is what my life's come too. Talking to my pillow. Cool.

************

I told you Mel was going a little crazy!

hahahah, I talk to my pillow too prentending it's Harry. o_O

Who doesn't?

Hahaha ok forget my weirdness and enjoy the update. WTF, why am I updating again so quickly?

 have I made up for the long wait yet?
 I hope so!

Also read this girls story!!  SincerelyLisa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.6K 3.4K 33
It's not everyday you get to babysit your favorite boy band. COMPLETED (i wrote this when i was 14. you've been warned.)
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
1.1M 44.3K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
22.3K 516 37
Danny O'Donoghue fanfic