des tout cotes, k. bakugo

By -rintoons

❝ guess the universe wants us together❞ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ╭ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ⋆ ★ ┆in which y/n keeps ┆running... More

𝗗𝗘𝗦 𝗧𝗢𝗨𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗧𝗘𝗦
1 - airport
2 - take flight
3 - now arriving in musutafu
4 - welcome wagon
5 - papillon
6 - bandaids, sunsets, and introductions
7 - how to tie a tie
8 - bakubedroom
9 - deja vu
11 - downpour
12 - forts and fuzziness
13 - cat cafe
14 - kitten sneeze
15 - movie night
16 - late nights
17 - choose your character
18 - accidents
19 - food wars
20 - adventure time
21 - hot rocks
22 - aphrodisiac
23 - authentic
𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐆𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐂

10 - festival

1.9K 74 120
By -rintoons

chapter 10
2 weeks later

☄. *. ⋆
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

KIRISHIMA, DENKI, BAKUGO, SERO, AND MINA walked into class as a group, all slapping each others backs to see who can it the hardest. Bakugo started emitting explosions and threatening to slap their backs while his quirk was activated, causing them to back off.

"Woaahhh, Bakubro, let's not get hasty now," Kirishima advised, a large grin plastered on his face when Bakugo rolled his eyes, bushing Kirishima's chest.

When Mr. Aizawa entered the room, everybody went quiet, taking their proper seats and waiting for him to begin.

"Alright, I have one announcement," Aizawa gruffed, pausing to rub his bloodshot eyes. "UA is hosting a small festival this weekend. All classes are required to attend and have a role. Our class' role is to attract people and persuade them to join UA."

Slight chatter broke out throughout the classroom as students shared their opinions with each other.

"Any questions?"

Denki's hand went up before he asked a question: "Isn't it a little late for this, Mr. Aizawa?" He tilted his head quizzically.

"Mm, yeah, but suddenly old man Nezu is desperate for new recruits or something. Who am I to protest?" Aizawa shrugs, earning and nod from the class. "Not that I give a damn anyways..." he mutters, setting himself in his sleeping bag.

Mina shot up from her seat her hand raised in the air to gather the class' attention. "Momo and I call being in charge!" This statement earned a mountain of protests, specifically from Iida.

"I. Am. The class president! I should be in charge!" He protested, his hands flying all around him.

"That means nothing!" Mina retorted, followed by a list of reasons why she thinks her and Momo should organize the festival.

Bakugo stared them all down with murderous intent. Their loudness pissed him off. "God, what a shitshow..."

☄. *. ⋆
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

saturday, the weekend

After their study session, Bakugo and y/n barely spoke to each other— not that they had an issue, but were just both busy with their own lives. Mainly y/n, who focused on her goal to catch up on most of UA's curriculum and possibly get ahead. She couldn't stand having to ask Bakugo for help.

"Okay, guys!" Mina cheered. "So the plan for today is to pair up and basically just walk around campus to look for possible recruits." She turned to Momo, gesturing for her to continue.

"We've made signs and simple little costumes for you guys to wear so we could attract more attention," she takes a few of the signs from the floor and hands them to Mina to pass around. "There are also these little animal ears we got, they're so cute!" Momo nearly gets distracted when looking at the animal ears as Mina squealed.

She cleared her throat and straightened up, nudging Mina to pay attention. "We also have face paint here for anybody who wants to go the extra mile."

"Alright, now we're going to call out the pairs!" Mina exclaims, waving a piece of paper in the air. "We have: Momo and I, of course, Midoriya and Todoroki, Sero and Tsu, Jiro and Tokoyami, y/n and Bakugo—"

"What— why do I have to be with her?" Bakugo interrupts.

"Well, she seems to be the only person that can survive your wrath, so.. you and her!" Mina said, backing up out of Bakugo's range.

As she continued calling out names, Bakugo and y/n eyed each other, Bakugo's face contorted with annoyance. 

"Good luck!" Momo and Mina say simultaneously, throwing up confetti that no doubt, many of the students wondered where it came from.

"Hey, Bakugo!" y/n called out, jogging in order to catch up to him. "What's up with you?" She asked, scrunching up her nose. "Why are you so grumpy?"

He glared at her from the corner of his eye and huffed. "Nothing...— not that it's any of your business." He added.

y/n rolled her eyes and looked down at her feet, "Whatever, I just thought we were past that stage..." she mumbled, kicking a couple rocks out of her way.

Bakugo's eyebrows raised, his head turning slightly towards him. Why does she look like that?

"What the hell are you going on about, now?" He growled, frustrated by her vagueness.

y/n smiled, though it didn't reach her eyes, "It's fine, don't worry about it." She continued to kick pebbles away until Bakugo stopped her once they reached class 2-A's tent.

Bakugo went in the tent to grab the animal ears. He came back out and handed her a cat headband.

y/n stared at it and hesitantly donned it before looking at Bakugo. "Hey, where are yours?"

"Ha, I'm not putting those things on," he scoffed, pointing and looking at the ears in disgust.

"Absolutely not, that won't do. I refuse to be the only one wearing the ears," y/n seethed, marching into the tent and searching for the right pair of ears.

"Hey—" Bakugo started before giving up with a sigh. "You just do whatever you want, don't you?"

y/n came back out of the tent and shoved a pair of tiger ears in his hands. "Put it on." She threatened through gritted teeth, trying to hold her smile and seem more intimidating.

"Tch." Bakugo angrily donned his pair of ears, earning a smile from y/n who leaned in to pet him.

"Good boy!"

Bakugo slapped her hand away, grumbling. "I just don't understand why I always get stuck with you.."

y/n shrugged, looking at him through her lashes, "I dont know, guess the universe wants us together," she teased, giggling at his reaction.

"As if. More like the universe wants to torture me endlessly."

At his underlying insult, y/n jabbed a finger into Bakugo's side, causing him go hiss in pain and threaten to blow her up. She waved off his emty threats, pouting a little. "Am I really that bad?" She nagged.

Bakugo opened his mouth, "N—"

"Well if it isn't Class 2-A's hothead, Boom-Boom Boy! a.k.a, 'kAtsUkI BakUgO!'" A boy roared, mocking Bakugo's raspy voice.

The boy seemed to be a replica of Bakugo, except for a few differences; he even stood at the same height as him. His blonde hair was more tame and sleek than Bakugo's and his eyes a bright blue."

*Monoma

Bakugo's eyes flashed with anger just at the sight of the boy. Despite all the times she's pissed him off, y/n doesn't think she's seen Bakugo look that riled up.

"The fuck do you want, Extra?" He growled.

Ignoring his question, Monoma's eyes flickered over to y/n, a smirk plastered on his face. "Well, what do we have over here? This your girlfriend, Bakugo?"

y/n's face scrunched up and she backed away from Monoma, a slightly disgusted look on her face.

"Ooh, she's feisty!"

"DON'T YOU DARE PUT YOUR FILTHY HANDS ON HER OR I'LL BLOW YOUR DAMN HEAD OFF!!" y/n's eyes widened and a smile tugged on her lips. The last thing she expected was for Bakugo to defend her.. yet, here he was. He did it in his own way of course.

"Oh?" Monoma leered, a semi-surprised look on his face. "Tell you what, I'll let you have her if you fight me for her," he smirked.

"Fight for me? I'm not a fucking pet—" y/n was cut off by Bakugo's outburst.

"Alright, then, bring it on!" He roared, his hands sparking up with tiny explosions.

y/n's head snapped to look at Bakugo, her eyes wide.

"Don't get too riled up, now, It's not the kind of fight you're thinking of." He said, his voice smooth as honey.

Bakugo stopped, quirking an eyebrow. y/n too, looked confused.

"Our class is hosting a game for UA students. The Newspaper Game!" When Bakugo and y/n stared at him, he scoffed dramatically and explained. "Its a game where a pair stand in the middle of a paper and try not to fall as the levels get harder." He mumbles, throwing his head around exasperatedly. "Hurry up and decide, we're starting soon."

"We're playing. Let's go," Bakugo rasped, grabbing y/n's wrist and pulling her onward.

"Wha— Hey!" She tugged her arm, but his grip was tight. "Are you sure about this, Bakugo?" y/n asked nervously.

"Course I am, what's so hard about standing on a piece of paper?"

Once the two get to class 2-B's booth, they set their signs down and went up on the platform that held four newspapers. There were already two pairs standing there, waiting for the game to start.

Bakugo and y/n took their place on one of the papers and waited until Monoma and Kendo did the same.

The announcer then started speaking. "Alright, Level one, let's go!— No quirks allowed! Good luck, contestants."

A couple "Whoo"s and claps sounded from the crowd.

The two of them awkwardly scooted closer together as they looked out at the crowd. Before they went up on the platform, the crowd was only a few people spread out, but now that the game had started, more people started coming in.

After seeing how easy it was for everybody, the announcer spoke again. "Let's crank it up a notch, level two! Both contestants, lift a leg!"

Bakugo and y/n looked at each other and raised their foot, balancing on only one.

One of the couples began to falter, wobbling into one another. Since they managed to stay upright, the announcer announced the next level.

"Level three! Stay on one leg, but turn to your partners and cross your foot with theirs. Kinda like you're comparing shoe sizes. This one might make you have to move closer~"

The two turned to each other, crossing their feet like the announcer instructed. After a few minutes, y/n shifted a bit, causing her to almost falter. She hastily grabbed onto Bakugo's waist for support.

Bakugo visibly tensed up at the sudden contact. To try to make it less awkward, he wrapped a hand around her shoulders to provide extra support.

y/n felt her cheeks heat up at the gesture.

"This is so stupid.." Bakugo grumbled.

y/n nodded, looking up at him, "You're the one who wanted to do it, though," she sneered.

He groaned and flicking her forehead hard, as id telling her to shut it, causing her to hiss in pain. Bakugo looked down at y/n, smirking when she glared at him and rubbed the spot. "I refuse to let him win."

After seeing two of the contestants got eliminated during level 3, the announcer came back in. It was now only Bakugo, y/n, Monoma, and Kento. Even though y/n was facing the other way, she could feel Monoma nd Bakugo glaring at each other heatedly from across the platform.

"Level four! One contestant needs to pick the other up— bridal style!" He added with a michevious chuckle.

☄. *. ⋆
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

A/N :: THIS CHAPTER IS INSPIRED BY EPISODE 41 OF THE WEBTOON "To Love Your Enemy" ON THE WEBTOON APP!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 1.3K 15
{Completed} Bakugou texts someone who he assumes is Deku, but instead finds himself talking to a very excited and friendly stranger. Language warning...
334K 10.7K 28
➭ a friend of a friend decides to annoy the katsuki bakugou. you have one (1) new message! " am i still blocked? :'( " you have blocked @bonitoflakes...
17.1K 252 18
There are three months left of their first year at UA high which has everyone's stomachs in knots; Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya have gotten clos...
74.8K 2.9K 24
❝ you'll be the first to get on your knees. ❞ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ╭ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ⋆ ★ ┆in which the bold, lighthearted ┆new girl targets the p...