Bookworm (A KSI Fanfic)

By Nim_SDMN

Cassie Johnson is a very shy girl. At 24 years old, she spends more time working than anything else in order... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
Hey guys!
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
Just real quick
TWENTY
Sneak Peaks
Distraction (A W2S FANFIC)
Fake Girlfriend (A Behzinga FANFIC/AU)
Nightcrawler (A Vikkstar FANFIC)
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY-TWO
Hi again, it's me
2K READS???????
Sorryyyyyyy
The End
Aye Guess What?
TWENTY-THREE
Just an Announcement
HOW DID I MISS THIS
Q&A
Q&A pt.2
20K!!!!

EIGHT

5.7K 88 29
By Nim_SDMN

I woke up to shouts and laughter outside of my room. Were they always so loud?

I put my hand up to my head and sighed, slowly going to my door and opening it. I tried following the extremely loud laughs, but was caught off guard when bumped into JJ, who was laughing the loudest.

I turned red immediately when I saw that he had nothing on but a towel wrapped around his waist, and I quickly threw my hands up to my eyes and yelped.

"Sorry! I didn't see you," I stuttered. "I, uh, I heard laughing, and uh—"

He chuckled, and judging by the tone he was definitely making fun of my awkwardness. Me, being the dumbass I was, slowly brought my hands away from my eyes and stared at his figure.

He raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Like what you see?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

"JJ, leave the poor girl alone," Simon came over and put his hands over my eyes, dragging me away from JJ before I made more of a fool of myself than I already had. "I'll have a chat with him about the whole 'living with a girl' thing in a bit."

I nodded, and it took everything in me not to turn around and look back at him. What was wrong with me?

I guess the other guys had stayed the night, because Tobi came over to me and smiled at me.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Oh," I looked down at my feet. I hadn't gotten that much sleep. I never did. "Fine, thanks. I didn't know you guys stayed the night."

"Well, Simon spent the night editing yesterday's video. We wanted to watch your reaction to the first video you're in."

"You're already posting it?"

Harry rushed over and nearly tackled me in a hug. "Yep!"

I giggled and ran a hand through my hair to try and tame it, realizing I probably looked like a mess. I'd only slept for an hour or two, but I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep for much longer than that.

My phone started to ring so I sighed, answering it. "Hello?"

"Cassie, baby, how've you been?"

My grin immediately slipped off of my face as his voice rang in my ears. "Jason, what do you want?"

"It's been a while. I was thinking we could catch up, maybe go to dinner or something," He sounded like he was smiling, so I rolled my eyes.

"Look, I already told you how I feel about—"

"Baby, I'm different now."

"Will you stop calling me 'baby?'" I snapped. I looked up and noticed the boys trying not to eavesdrop, so I closed my eyes and lowered my voice. "We were never a thing. Look—"

My phone was snatched from my hand and I jumped, looking over and seeing JJ put it up to his ear. He'd changed into shorts and a t-shirt, and he looked stern as he spoke. "Who is this?"

Jason said something to him, so he sat down next to me. "Well, this is her boyfriend. If you call this number again it won't be pretty."

Silence. I was still trying to gather my thoughts at the fact that JJ had called himself my boyfriend. I couldn't remember the last time I'd dated anyone.

"Well, she has, so bye."

He hung up and handed me my phone, but I just stared at him. "What did he

say to you?"

He shrugged. "Said there's no way you'd get yourself a boyfriend, and to put you back on the phone."

I looked down at the ground as he said that. He wasn't wrong. The last time I went on a proper date was in school.

"Really? It's been that long?" Tobi asked shyly.

I blushed. "I said that out loud?"

"Sure did, Bookworm," JJ laughed and slung his arm around my shoulder. "Can't say I'm surprised."

"JJ," Vik glared at him but I shrugged.

"Let's just watch the video," I muttered. Jenna had offered plenty of times to set me up with some guys she knew. I constantly declined, but the more I thought about it the more I started to feel sorry for myself.

Maybe I should give one of them a call.

As they were setting up the video, I opened up one of the more recent guys that had given me his number and texted him.

-Hey. I'm not busy this week if you wanted to go out?

I almost immediately received a response.

-Yeah ok. Shall I pick you up this afternoon?

I glanced around at everyone, and caught JJ's eyes on me. The mocking look in his eyes answered the question.

-Sounds good to me. Here's my new address.

I sent him my address before shutting off my phone and sighing. I was going to prove JJ wrong if it was the last thing I did.

As the video started playing, I scooted closer to Vik. He was the first one I met, so there was a comfort in sitting next to him.

We watched the video, and I was grateful that I didn't look terrible throughout it.

After the video, we all talked for a while, but I looked down at my phone and stood. "I have to go get ready."

"Where are you going?" Harry asked.

"I have a date," I couldn't help but glance over at JJ, who tensed as I said that.

Ha. I bet you feel real stupid now.

"Okay, well, have fun," Josh told me. I smiled at him before going into my room and getting ready to leave. I changed into casual clothes, since I wasn't expecting a guy like him to take me anywhere fancy.

He was just like all of the others. Most likely did drugs. But I didn't care.

I met him outside and immediately smelled the smoke as I got in the car.

I didn't know he smoked.

"Hey Sam," I smiled nervously at him and he grinned.

"You're the chick that reads, right?"

I grimaced. Was it really a big deal that I read? So I shrugged. "Not really anymore."

"Good," He pulled away from the building. "That means we get more time together."

I shifted, but it felt good to be going out again.

*****

Sam leaned over the console in the center and didn't hesitate to pull me into a very deep kiss. I was a little uncomfortable, since it was only the end of our first date, but I kissed him back so that I didn't seem like a loser.

"So," He smirked. "See you tomorrow?"

I blinked. That was when we were staying at the haunted mansion. "Oh, uh, I can't tomorrow. I'm hanging out with my friends."

He sighed, looking at the steering wheel and immediately making me feel guilty.

"Well, um," I looked over at him. "Maybe we can in the morning? I don't have to leave until evening."

"Sounds great, babe," He chuckled and I cringed at the nickname. I guess I'd have to get used to it now.

I said goodbye to him and got out of the car, inside and straight into the house. It was late in the evening, so it was kind of dark, but I heard Simon laughing in his room, which told me he was recording a video. Vik, JJ, and Josh were all quiet.

I went into my room and realized the fairy lights were already on, and as I stepped inside I raised an eyebrow.

JJ was on my bean bag, reading one of my books and not even looking up at me as he spoke. "How was your date?"

I sat down on my bed and shrugged. Honestly, I didn't enjoy my day with Sam as much as I wished I had. But it beat being single. "It was fun."

"That was convincing," He chuckled and I watched his eyes move across the page. After a minute or so in silence, he closed the book. "I just figured I should read in here to get the full 'experience.'"

"I bet you feel stupid," I smirked calmly at him. "You didn't think I'd be able to get myself a boyfriend, did you?"

"So you're dating him now?"

I nodded. I had a bad feeling in my stomach, but I ignored it as I laid down. "Yep."

"And you like him?"

"Mhm," I tried convincing myself it was true and closed my eyes. I wanted nothing more than to read, but I decided that it would be good for me to get out of the habit. That way Sam didn't dump me.

"You're not going to ask me about the book I chose?" He sat down next to me.

I shrugged. I'd been dying to ask him the minute I saw it in his hands. I hadn't expected him to actually read it. But I had to tell myself to let it go.

"So," He leaned back so he was lying next to me. "What's he like?"

I bit my lip and stared up at the ceiling. He was...interesting. He only talked about himself, and whatever he did ask me was more about my sex life or my body.

"He's nice," I turned and winked at him. "Great kisser."

He raised an eyebrow. "You already kissed him?"

"He kissed me, but yeah," And though I didn't enjoy it much, it was something. "It was nice."

"I'll bet I'm better," He countered.

"The world may never know," I giggled and laid down on my side so I was facing him. "I don't know anything about you, actually."

"Ditto."

"So what's your story? How do you make enough money for all of this fancy stuff?"

"YouTube," He chuckled. "I've got 18 million subs on my main channel, KSI."

"Way to flex," I rolled my eyes to mask my shocked expression. So this guy was famous and I didn't even know? "Do you just box for fun?"

He grinned. "Yes and no. I have a match in a few months so I have to start training."

I nodded and found myself scooting closer to him. Not too close, but I did purely because I was practically on the edge of the bed.

"What about you?" He asked me. "Any goals or dreams you have?"

I bit my lip again. I did, but they were stupid compared to his. So I shook my head.

"Bullshit. Why won't you tell me?"

"I'm not lying," I laughed nervously. He looked over at me and into my eyes with a look that suggested he didn't believe me. I groaned. "Fine. I've wanted to finish university for a while. I started a semester but got too busy."

He was quiet for a second before answering. "Well now you have time."

I giggled. "I won't for long. I have to look for another job and try to find a place—"

"Do you always look so far into the future?"

"Well..." I ran a hand through my hair. "Yeah. I have to. I'm not like you and the guys, who can just live for the moment and not worry about what I'm going to eat the next day. Like my date today. I couldn't stop thinking about what I was going to eat and whether it was too expensive, or whether he'd get mad at me—"

"Then you haven't had a proper date," I felt his hand brush against mine and I nearly shuddered, even though I knew it was an accident. "You're not supposed to worry. It's supposed to be like you're hanging out with your best friend. Only there's kissing and then almost always sex—"

"You're disgusting," I laughed and he did too.

"What? The sex is always the best after the first date. You—"

"I do not want to hear that," I cringed. "You have to get to know each other first. Unless you've known each other for a while before the first date, it's weird."

"Hey, it works."

"So you have a girlfriend?" I looked over at him and smirked.

"Well, no—"

"Then it doesn't work," I stated. "All of those girls who you did it with after the first date were only in it for the sex. Nothing else."

He shrugged. "Fair enough."

My phone rang so I sighed and sat up, answering it. "Hello?"

"Hey baby," Sam's voice came in through the phone, and I narrowed my eyes. He sounded out of it. "Why don't you come by and we can have some fun?"

I gritted my teeth and faked a laugh. "Save it for the third date, big guy. I'm tired, anyway."

"I can't stop thinking about you," He sighed into the phone and I glanced at JJ, who seemed to not be paying attention as he put his hands behind his head and stared up at my fairy lights.

"Goodnight, Sam," I still had gritted teeth.

He hung up the phone and my eyes darted away from JJ as I stood to my feet. "I'm going to get something to drink. Do you want anything?"

"Nope," He sat up. "I should start recording a Trivial Pursuit video with the guys. Don't stay up too late, Mouse."

"I won't."

It's kinda cringe but leave me alone I tried haha. Let me know what you think so far! Yes, I know it seems like they're all buddy-buddy, but don't worry, there's plenty of drama to come!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 327 43
Madelyn Walsh is a gamer and fashion loving girl. She posts YouTube videos and spends most of her time with her 2 best friends. One day at a concert...
714K 8K 56
"everything is different when i'm beside her, i couldn't handle it"
6.8K 298 44
Hadiyeh Ezra can't bear heartbreak especially now when there is a child involved, but some things are unforgivable. If it's true love, they'll always...
13.7K 231 20
In which a girl meets some new friends and allows herself to fall for one. 'Touch me like you never, and push me like you never, and touch you like y...