EIGHT

I woke up to shouts and laughter outside of my room. Were they always so loud?

I put my hand up to my head and sighed, slowly going to my door and opening it. I tried following the extremely loud laughs, but was caught off guard when bumped into JJ, who was laughing the loudest.

I turned red immediately when I saw that he had nothing on but a towel wrapped around his waist, and I quickly threw my hands up to my eyes and yelped.

"Sorry! I didn't see you," I stuttered. "I, uh, I heard laughing, and uh—"

He chuckled, and judging by the tone he was definitely making fun of my awkwardness. Me, being the dumbass I was, slowly brought my hands away from my eyes and stared at his figure.

He raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Like what you see?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

"JJ, leave the poor girl alone," Simon came over and put his hands over my eyes, dragging me away from JJ before I made more of a fool of myself than I already had. "I'll have a chat with him about the whole 'living with a girl' thing in a bit."

I nodded, and it took everything in me not to turn around and look back at him. What was wrong with me?

I guess the other guys had stayed the night, because Tobi came over to me and smiled at me.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Oh," I looked down at my feet. I hadn't gotten that much sleep. I never did. "Fine, thanks. I didn't know you guys stayed the night."

"Well, Simon spent the night editing yesterday's video. We wanted to watch your reaction to the first video you're in."

"You're already posting it?"

Harry rushed over and nearly tackled me in a hug. "Yep!"

I giggled and ran a hand through my hair to try and tame it, realizing I probably looked like a mess. I'd only slept for an hour or two, but I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep for much longer than that.

My phone started to ring so I sighed, answering it. "Hello?"

"Cassie, baby, how've you been?"

My grin immediately slipped off of my face as his voice rang in my ears. "Jason, what do you want?"

"It's been a while. I was thinking we could catch up, maybe go to dinner or something," He sounded like he was smiling, so I rolled my eyes.

"Look, I already told you how I feel about—"

"Baby, I'm different now."

"Will you stop calling me 'baby?'" I snapped. I looked up and noticed the boys trying not to eavesdrop, so I closed my eyes and lowered my voice. "We were never a thing. Look—"

My phone was snatched from my hand and I jumped, looking over and seeing JJ put it up to his ear. He'd changed into shorts and a t-shirt, and he looked stern as he spoke. "Who is this?"

Jason said something to him, so he sat down next to me. "Well, this is her boyfriend. If you call this number again it won't be pretty."

Silence. I was still trying to gather my thoughts at the fact that JJ had called himself my boyfriend. I couldn't remember the last time I'd dated anyone.

"Well, she has, so bye."

He hung up and handed me my phone, but I just stared at him. "What did he

say to you?"

He shrugged. "Said there's no way you'd get yourself a boyfriend, and to put you back on the phone."