From Paris with Love || Detec...

By dcfan0

Kudou Shinichi's famous celebrity cousin, Fujimine Shiori, visits Japan for a long-term vacation where she li... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
🥀 GIN

Chapter 9

2.5K 102 12
By dcfan0

(Episodes 578 - 581)

Shiori woke up late and went to find Subaru all over the place but he's nowhere to be seen.

She have to tell Subaru that she'll leave to buy some ingredients because her manager is already on the plane to leaving New York.

Opening her black phone, she just messaged the man that she'll be out of the house and left the keys to Professor Agasa next door.

Wearing her glasses and another black winter clothes, she went to the department store by taxi to buy stuff for her necessities and some stuff for Yael, knowing the man didn't bought stuff for himself but the ones that Shiori left on her house.

It was quite crowded but Shiori managed to blend in with the people, not knowing that a pair of cold eyes were watching her as she went inside the store.

There was a car parked on the dark alley opposite to where she is, the man with long silver hair was following her direction with his eyes wide with surprise. 

...

"Areh, what's happening?" The woman noticed that there people forming a crowd near the escalators and stairs.

She could hear them talk about the ongoing hostage taking on the floor above them. There were also a group of riot squad positioned near the exits.

"That famous Sleeping detective is there with you?" One of them was talking to someone, probably on the same floor as the one hostage taking takes place.

That's weird. Why is the culprit allowing his hostages talk to someone outside? And if Kogoro-san is in there, Conan probably ...

She took out her phone and called the boy, "Hello, Conan? Are you with Kogoro-san right now?"

[Shiori-neesan, yeah. Why? I'm a bit busy,]

"Nothing, I'm worried. I'm feeling a bit stuffy, maybe because of your situation there."

[Don't worry too much, because I'm close to solving the puzzle.]

"Really? Then, solve it and prevent something from happening. Good luck, Holmes' apprentice."

With that, Shiori went to resume her shopping. There are people watching her in disbelief because she's one of the few who kept on buying even though there is a commotion on the upper floor.

After an hour or so, the people from the upper floor went down, causing a huge scene inside the building. Shiori went up to see Conan's condition.

 She saw Conan and Ran running to talk to a man, who is he?

"Excuse me, did you get a 'thank you' message just now?" Ran asked, while holding a phone.

"Ah yes, I got one." The man answered.

"Then it was you who made these deductions?" She showed the phone to the man.

"No. I have no idea about that message."

"But this email came from your phone didn't it?"

"Yeah but it was probably from that guy who picked up my cell phone earlier." The man looked totally clueless for Shiori, "He handed it to me and asked if it was my cell phone. He was wearing a black hat, his right cheek was burnt and he was peering at me with evil-looking eyes."

This made Shiori and Conan froze for a second. The boy then ran towards the direction the man pointed while Shiori stayed, "That man is he wearing an all black clothes and his hair is short and black?"

"Yes. Why? Wait, you look really familiar."

Shiori then ran after Conan to chase the man with a burnt cheek. Why does Conan know that man?

She was going along with the crowd who are walking outside. Then she spotted a man ahead with a familiar presence. 

"Moroboshi Dai!" Shiori yelled and the man looked back, their eyes connected but for only a second because the man walked ahead. This irritated Shiori and tried to get ahead but someone pulled her to stop. It was Conan.

"Wow! It's that famous Sherry Grey!" His statement shocked the woman and covered his mouth while the rest of the people around her stopped to take a look.

"It's true! It's Sherry! That famous model!" 

"Sherry-san, could you sign my bag? It was the same as you modeled before."

When everyone was noticing the presence of a famous star, they went back to take pictures or signages, Shiori was overwhelmed and tried to hurry up by interacting with the fans and give her signages. After this the media would know about Shiori's whereabouts in Japan.

She glared at Conan but the boy was no longer beside her. That boy, why did he revealed my presence?

While taking pictures she noticed from the corner of her eye, there was Subaru talking with a foreigner, the same woman she met in the hostage taking happened on the bank.

She was irritated and accidentally broke the pen of her fan.

...

"Aniki, that woman-" The man with glasses, Vodka said as he saw the familiar face among the huge crowd. "It's the one from the airport."

Both Kir and Vermouth noticed Gin smirked.

Arah, what a surprise. Vermouth thought and looked back at the half-Japanese woman, who was busy interacting with her fans. 

...

"What does this mean?!" A man on his early thirties yelled as soon as he went inside Shiori's Porsche, with his luggage and some boxes placed on the back seat with a huge white teddy bear. "Why does the media know that you're still here? I already leaked some false information that you're in Australia!" 

"Now, now Yael, just calm down." The woman said on the driver's seat.

"How could I calm down? Now you won't be able to go out as you please without the suspecting eyes of your fans. And anyone who researched enough would know that you're related to the Kudou's and that you're living in their house."

"They won't. I'm good at hiding and you know that well, Yael." The woman said. "Yes, before I forgot, would be staying at the mansion?"

"No, people would question why does Sherry Grey live with her manager." The man sternly said and opened his phone, "See, these photos of you, it's not like you're hiding properly."

"It's because foreigners look the same to Japanese people, I didn't bother disguising that much. By the way, we'll be having dinner in the mansion. Is that alright with you?"

"Of course, I missed your cooking." Still the same Yael, Shiori thought as she stole a glance, his blonde hair was brushed backwards and his piercing ice blue eyes could make any girl's heart race, he looks like a prince from a faraway land.

Shiori smiled and drove faster to reach the mansion earlier. Upon arriving, Yael made her carry the huge white teddy bear while he carried the boxes.

"Aren't those heavy?" Shiori asked but the man denied.

The woman rang the doorbell, confusing Yael. "Why are you ringing that? Has your nephew been tamed?" Before Shiori would open the door because Shinichi is too busy in the library, sleeping or still out of the house because of a case. 

"No, I'm currently living with someone else. Apparently, the man's apartment was burned down and as a fellow Holmes' fan, Shinichi let him live here."

"What? Why didn't you tell me that?" 

"You don't have to get angry, I assure you he's a likeable man." Shiori said that then the door opened from the inside, revealing Subaru-san with an apron.

"Good evening, Shiori-san and her guest."

They went inside and Shiori introduced the two of them to each other, "Subaru-san, this is my manager, Yael Watson. Yael, this is Subaru Okiya."

"Nice meeting you, Yael-san." Subaru said as he extended his hand towards the manager.

"I would like to shake your hand but I'm carrying something, Shiori, let's take these to your room." Is it just me or Yael is being rude?

"If you don't mind me asking, may I ask what are those? Would you like me to help you?" Subaru tried to start a conversation.

Knowing Yael would diss the man, it was Shiori who replied, "You don't have to do that, Subaru-san, you've done enough by cooking for dinner. And these are from my fans. They know the stuff I like so they always send me things. Even this huge teddy bear."

"Ho," Subaru exclaimed. "Then will you come down as soon as you place them? The food tastes better while it's still hot."

"You're right, let's hurry up Yael." Shiori said and went upstairs, still hugging the bear.

"Yes," Yael was glaring at Subaru before following the girl.

Once they got inside her room and placed everything in order, Yael asked her. "I thought you'd be cooking our dinner?"

"If Subaru is cooking, it could be considered as mine. I've been teaching him how to cook, after all, so the taste and his technique are similar to mine." Shiori explained and placed the teddy bear on her bed. "And this bear is cute, who gave this?"

"I was already on the airport when a child gave it to me, saying that it's for you from her brother who was in the hospital."

"Really? How cute." She pinched the teddy bear's arm and went out of the room, followed by Yael.

"Is that man treating you well?" Yael asked like a whisper.

"Of course, he's quiet but observative like Sherlock Holmes."

Yael scowled and observed the two of them as Shiori sat beside Subaru  and asked about his day as if it was natural for the two of them.

...

"Are you sure you can take it from here?" Shiori asked after walking with Yael to a highway where he can take a taxi easier.

"Yeah, but-" Yael looked conflicted but he reached for her black hair for a second before taking it back with a defeated expression, "Can you hurry up your investigation and come back to me?" 

Shiori bowed down to prevent him from seeing her hurt expression, "I'll try."  

"That man, I don't like him."

"You've always been picky, Yael." Shiori laughed it off.

"For now as much as I don't want you to be with him, don't leave the house. I will contact you as soon as I solve this problem." He just smiled sadly, before leaving her to take a taxi to his hotel.

The woman sighed heavily and walked back to the mansion but she felt like someone was watching her. She quickly turned and saw a shade of brown hair hide on another alley.

"Subaru-san, stop scaring me!" She yelled and went to the alley. There was the man hiding in the shadows.

Subaru was surprised that Shiori was able to see him even though he hid faster than usual, "I'm sorry, I was just making sure you're not being followed by a fan." Which is also half-lie.

The woman blushed, "Really? You don't have to do that." Shiori said and walked beside Subaru. 

"No, no, I will feel bad for your manager if something were to happen to his treasure."

Shiori just stayed silent.

"It's rare for you to be this quiet." Subaru made another remark.

This made Shiori smile and look at the man beside her, "And it's rare for you to initiate conversations, Subaru-san."

The man nodded in agreement, he feels as day goes by his disguise as Subaru Okiya is slowly being figured out by Shiori or is it because he let his guard down when she's with him?

"Subaru-san, why don't you let me like you?" Shiori gathered her courage and asked, they stopped walking in the middle of the street.

"Yes?" Subaru looked surprised.

"I know that you probably are on disguise or you are trying hard to hide your past, but what I feel for you wouldn't change." 

"Is that so? But I don't recommend you going down to my path." Subaru said as he walked ahead of her. "You may regret it in the end."

"No, I won't ever regret liking someone as amazing as you."

"What if I were to tell you, that this person you are seeing right now is not the real me?" Subaru whispered with an intimidating glare as he towered in front of her. "You only like this disguise and not the real me."

This made Shiori inhale a sharp breath, "I also considered that but in every disguises, there are still some of your own characters portrayed. So whoever you are and you were, I will try to understand because I like you."

"Fujimine Shiori, do not be reckless." His voice was rougher, scaring the woman. Subaru sighed and rubbed the back of his head, "This will be the last time we'll talk about this. Understand?"

The man left her standing there, dumbfounded.

Who in the world is he? What had he done to tell me to stay away from him? Is he a part of a gangster? But if that's so then Shinichi wouldn't let him stay there.

Shiori scowled as she wrecked her brains out thinking about the possibilities of Subaru Okiya's real identity.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 1K 36
[COMPLETE] Pair: Shinichi Kudo x Shiho Miyano Ps. I do not owned Detective Conan Characters it's all belongs to Gosho Aoyoma :) Started: 2-15-21 Ende...
246K 6.3K 60
Previously Number 1 On These Tags -Shinichi -Shiho -Kaito -Heiji Yes, basically my main characters LMAO. Haibara Ai and Edogawa Conan or Shiho/Sherry...
50.8K 1.8K 44
Kaiya Matsuki finds herself in the Detective Conan world! Join her as she journeys through the world.
2.6K 53 9
A detective returns from her studies in America. But not even wanting to she meets her childhood friends Kudo Shin'ichi, Mouri Ran and Suzuki Sonoko...