Blood and Steel

Par Borisdeep69

Vorgen Galahad. A knight who is a member of the order of the Black Priors. Knights who are not bound to the c... Plus

Part 1 "On the Job"
Part 2 "Assignment"
Part 3 "Hard Water"
Part 4 "Brawl"
Part 5 "Just My Luck"
Part 6 "Home sweet home"
Part 7 "Farewell"
Part 8 "Warlords and Cowards"
Part 9 "Fishy"
Part 10 "And Stay Out!"
Part 11 "YOU'RE BANNED"
Part 12 "Be kind to him"
Character BIO
Part 13 "Finding a Fugitive"
Part 14 "The kid"
Part 15 "Freedom"
Part 16 "The Blackstone Legion"
Part 17 "Animal"
Part 18 "A Man Can Dream"
Part 19 "The Scouts"
Part 20 "Valkenheim in winter"
Part 21 "Love?"
Part 22 "Drunk"
Part 23 "Wolves Among Sheep"
Part 24 "The Rabid Wolf"
Part 25 "Sacrifice"
Part 26 "Something to Remember Me by"
Part 27 "The Ritual"
Part 28 "A Familiar Face"
Part 29 "Back to The Roots"
Part 30 "The Dream"
Part 32 "Raiding The Raiders"
CHARACTER BIO : UPDATED
Part 33 "Life Goes On"
Part 34 "Family"
Part 35 "Old Wounds"
Part 36 "The Angel of Death"
Part 37 "Memories"
Part 38 "Arrival"
Part 39 "Oh Cousin"
Part 40 "Family Reunion"
Part 41 "Wolf and Meat"
Part 42 "Just a Stranger"
Part 43 "Late Night Conversation"
Part 44 "Lunacy"
Part 45 "The Shady man"
Part 46 "Flowers"
Part 47 "Confrontation"
Part 48 "Cursed"
Part 49 "Dead Man Walking"
Part 50 "End up in Smoke"
Part 51 "Scarred"
Part 52 "Wounds of The Past"
Part 53 "Red Stains"
Part 54 "Knife to The Gut"
Part 55 "A Friendly Face"
Part 56 "Chivalry"
Part 57 "A White Lie"
Part 58 "Knowledge"
Part 59 "Unexpected Effects"
Part 60 "Father Dearest"
Part 61 "Just Have To say It"

Part 31 "The Cycle of Violence"

515 25 32
Par Borisdeep69

*Warning*
Content might be inappropriate and disturbing to some readers.

In the middle night of the forest of Valkenheim, a small house could be seen. Inside the said house, a family of three was sheltering themselves from the harsh weather outside.

The fireplace was lit, illuminating the room and providing warmth to the family.

A man, a woman and a boy was sitting on a dining table. The man looked frustrated, pinching the bridge of his nose he then asked his wife

???1: "Do we have enough food for this week?" Asked the man to his wife.

???2: "We still have some dried meat and bread..... Enough for three days"
Replied the wife to her husband.

???1: *Sigh* "It Will be really rough year from now on"

???2: "There's nothing we can do except hope for the best."

???1: ".... Me and Gram will go hunting tomorrow morning. Maybe we might be able to catch something."
Said the man as he turn his head to his boy.

The boy nodded in response, agreeing to his father's decision.

???2: "No, Erik! It's too dangerous! How could you go hunting in this kind of situation?! Svengard was invaded by those knights and people started fighting over the food that's left. If that wasn't enough, A killer is on the loose out there, in valkenheim!"

Erik: "Then what do you expect me to do, Alvilda?! I can't feed this family if i stay in the damn house forever!! Do you want us to starve?!"

Alvilda: "No I'm just...."

Erik: "You're worried, Alvilda.... I know..."

The family sat in silence. Until a The screech of a Hawk broke the silence.

*SCREECH*

Alvilda: "You hear that, Erik?"

Erik: "A bird.... A Bird made that sound. So what?"

Alvilda: "I've heard that sound before.... It came from a hawk...."

Erik: "A hawk? We don't have hawks in Valkenheim."

Alvilda: "I saw one flying near the house at noon and it followed me back to the house ...... then it was gone at dusk.... now it's flying right above us.... "

Erik: "......must be one curious bird"

Alvilda: "......Have you locked the door, Erik?"

Erik: "Of course i have"

Alvilda: "Good...."

Replacing the screech of the Hawk,
A long deep howl of a wolf could be heard from outside the house.

*AWOOOOOOOO*

*Growl* *Woof* *Woof*

*AWOOOOOOO*

Howls, growls, snarls of wolves slowly grew near and louder.

Erik: "Wolves? What are they doing around here?"

Alvilda: "What do we do now, Erik?"

Erik: "As long as we're in this house, we're fine. The door's locked either. Nothing to worry about." Said the Husband to his wife, trying to comfort her and his son.

After a moment, The sound of the animals outside were gone. No screech, No howls, no more growls from the wolves. Everything went silent except the crackling of the fireplace and the howls of the wind outside.

Erik: "See? They're gone. Everything is fine"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

*Knock* *knock* *knock*
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

*knock* *Knock* *Knock*

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Gram: "Someone's at the door"

Erik: "Who's there?!"

The man asked, the knocking stopped, but there was no reply. Just as they thought the person on the door had left, the knocking continued.

Erik: "We don't want any company here!! Move along!!"

*KNOCK*....... KNOCK*...... KNOCK*

The knocking started to turned violent and harder, indicating that the person behind the door was slowly loosing their patience.

Erik: "For Odin's sake..."

The man stood up from his seat and walked to the door, while grabbing his axe on the way.

Alvilda: "E-Erik where are you going?"

Erik: "I'm going to see what kind of stubborn bastard keeps knocking on our door "

*Clack* *Creak*

As he opened the door, he was greeted by the face of death.

A Knight in clad in armor, covered in dark robes. A sword and shield in hand.

The Knight looked down upon him, Erik felt Shivers down his spine as he stood frozen in fear.

???: "Hello there.... You kept me waiting..."

Erik immediately swung his axe, only to be blocked by the Knight.

???: "Is that how you treat a guest?"

*SLASH*

In a flash, the man's arm was cut off. The sliced limb fell to the ground.

*THUD*

And blood started to gush out of his wound.

Erik: "AAAHHHHH!!!!"

???: "Shut the fuck up...."

Erik's face was then hit by a shield, knocking him unconscious.

And everything fades to black.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

???: "Yoohoo~"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

???: "Wakey wakey, sunshine"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

???: "Hello? Earth to Erik?"

Erik: "...what.....who... Who are you?"

???: "Oh I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. Where are my manners right? Hehehe.... The name's Vorgen."

Gram: "Mmrhhr mmppphh"

Alvilda: "Mmmphh mrrhphh"

The man's family and himself was tied up to chairs. His wife's and son's mouths were gagged with rags to prevent them from speaking.

Vorgen: "While you were asleep. Me and your family here have made ourselves comfortable and If you don't mind I placed my beautiful weapons on your table. Don't want them sitting on the floor now... Hehe... Your floor might get dirty from the blood on my sword.... Your own blood..."

Erik noticed a strange feeling, he couldn't feel his arm.

Erik looked at his right arm. It had been cut off and wrapped in white cloth.

Erik: "My.... My arm.... Argh... You son of a.... You cut off my arm!!!"

Vorgen: "Oh don't worry about that... I patched your arm.... I applied some pressure there so the blood won't gush out.... Don't want you to bleed to death now do we? Hehe.... Not yet anyway...."

Erik: "We have....nothing of value here.... You picked the wrong house.."

Vorgen: "Oh... So i look like some kind of bandit to you? Some kind of robber? Welp... I don't blame you..."

The knight then brought another chair for him to sit. He then placed the chair between the family.

Sitting in the middle he looked up to the ceiling of the house. He observed the room with an amused face.

Vorgen: "I gotta say Erik... I like this house. This is a nice fucking house."

Gram: " Mmrrhh mmpphh"

Alvilda: "Mmpphhrr mmpphh Agrhg"

Vorgen: "A beautiful son.... A beautiful wife.... Damn.... You're one lucky guy"

Vorgen sighed as he looked to the floor, before looking up again. Staring at the horrified faces in front of him.

He looked to the woman's face. He then looked at the boy's face and lastly he looked at Erik, with a smile behind his Helmeted face.

Vorgen: "I'm sorry. I don't like the way......"

*BRACK* * CRACK*

All of a sudden Vorgen, stood up and threw his Chair away to a wall, breaking it in the process.

Vorgen: "you're LOOKING AT ME!!"
The Black Prior shouted in anger.

Vorgen: "You make me look like I'm the bad guy here!! I was being polite and this is how you treat me? You think I'm a fucking joke?! Huh?! You Fucks!!"

Erik : "What do you-- AACK!!"
His mouth was shut from being hit by the Black prior.

Vorgen: "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" *Huff* *Huff* *Inhale* *Exhale*

Alvilda: "Gggrmmmpphh mmpphh"

Gram: "Mmpphh Grrrmmmhh"

The two started to shout and scream from seeing Erik being hit by the knight.

Vorgen turned his attention to the two. Stretching his neck, he then asked them.

Vorgen: "What you say? Huh? I can't fucking understand you"

Alvilda: "Mmrrpphh grrmmhh"

Vorgen: *Sigh* "For fuck's sake.... You know what? Let's just get rid of this..."

The gag on their mouths were removed by Vorgen, allowing them to speak.

Alvilda: "....please.... Please i beg you... You can take anything in the house.... *Sobs* Don't kill us...." The woman begged while choking on her tears.

Vorgen: "Oh no no no no...... Don't cry okay? I'm not mad anymore... It's all water under the bridge. Everything is going to be alright. I'm not mad. I promise."

Alvilda: *Sobs* *Sniffles*

Vorgen: "Ssssh..... No more crying now.... Okay?" Said the knight as he wiped the tears from the woman's cheek.

The woman slowly nodded in response.

Vorgen: "It's okay.... I'm gonna chill....let's all Just....calm down.... How about i make us some tea, hm?"

The Black Prior Rummaged through the drawers and table in the house for tea.

Vorgen: "Aww... I can't find any tea here....That's a shame. We'll just have to settle with water then.... Good thing that I've warmed it up on your fireplace when you were asleep, Erik.
See? I'm very thoughtful..."

Picking the kettle that was on the fireplace he then brought it to Erik.

Vorgen: "Hot.Boiling.Water......It's bland but it will do."

Erik: "What...wha-what are you doing with water?!"

Vorgen: "To pour you guys a drink of course..... But unfortunately it's only enough for You, Erik. Now you're the man of the house so... You deserve some good ol drink... Plus... You look very thirsty.....Now open wide, big boy. "

Vorgen grabbed the man on the cheek and poured the boiling water down his throat.

Erik: "GAAAKH!!!! Blruqggaaa!!!"

Vorgen: "You have to drink a loooot~ of water or you might get dehydrated"

Gram: "FATHER!!"

Alvilda: "STOP PLEASE!! YOU'RE KILLING HIM!!"

Vorgen: "A little more aaaaand.... There we go. Erik drank the water till the last drop! Oh you're so Greedy, Erik!"

Erik: *Huff* *Huff* "Agh.... *Sobs* *Cough* *Cough*

Erik could feel his tongue and the insides of his throat burned from the boiling water. He breathed in pain from the burn....

Gram: "I'll kill you!! I'll kill you!! You bastard!!" Shouted the young man at the cruel Knight.

Snapping his head to Gram, The Black Prior then turned his attention to him.

Vorgen: "I'm sorry what did you say?"

Gram: "You heard me!! I'LL KIL--"

He was then cut off from being struck to the face, by the Knight.

Vorgen: "Do you want me to slice you open like a fucking pig?! SHUT THE FUCK UP!! Okay?"

Gram: "........" *Sobs* *Sniffles*

Vorgen: "Look at me. Look at me in the eye... I said look at me in the fucking eyes!!"

The boy then looked at him in the eyes. With hatred in his eyes. Seeing this, Vorgen chuckled in response.

Vorgen: "Heh... Shut the fuck up... Or you die"

The Black Prior sighed, patting the shoulder of the boy, he said to him

Vorgen: "You see, buddy....the thing is I'm not doing this for no reason. I'm here to do God's work which is to deliver.....Retribution...."

Gram: "Wh---"

Vorgen: "Upupupup....let me finish.....You and your mother never did anything wrong...No.... Nononono..... Your father on the other hand... Had done a very.very. very terrible thing... "

Gram: "My father did nothing wrong! He's a honest hardworking man!"

Vorgen: "Oh really? Oh my...oh my.... Erik! It seems that your son is unaware of what you had done in the past....."

Erik: "I don't even know you...."

Reaching for a fork on the table, Vorgen than stabbed the said fork to Erik's Lap.

Erik: "AAAAHHHHHHH"

The fork was then pressed deeper into the flesh. Twisting the fork, Vorgen chuckled as he saw the pained expression and scream of his Victim.

Erik: "Urrrgh.....ack....." *Huff* *Huff"

Vorgen: "Of course you don't.... I was just a boy back then.... A half blood... A boy who Witnessed his own mother... died in front of him...."

Erik's eyes widened in response. He then looked at the helmeted face of the Black Prior.

A pair of dark Brown eyes. Brewing with hatred.

Erik: "Y-You you're.... Ingrid's son"

Vorgen: "Ding Ding Ding! That's me... The brat you failed to kill..."

Erik: "Listen...I.... I know... What i did was beyond forgiveness... But please... Let my family go.... They've done nothing wrong"

Vorgen: "Huh? You're? You're seriously asking me that? BAHAHAHAHAHA!! SHIT!! You're funny you know that?"

Erik: "They Did nothing wrong!!! Let them go!!

Vorgen: "Haha....haaaa....hmm... They always ask.... For the same... fucking thing...." The Black Prior whispered to himself.

He looked down to the floor. Chuckling to himself, before looking up to the Man.

Vorgen: "You're asking too much from me, old man.... That's a luxury i cannot afford... I've killed Modi, Fjord, Billi, Aren, Ake.... And They asked for the same fucking thing..... Let my family go...."

Erik: "They're....dead?"

Vorgen: "Yeah exactly.... I'm getting bored you know? I am so bored to the point of laughing. From hearing the exact. same. fucking thing... over and over again...."

Erik: "It.... It was you... You're the one behind those murders..."

Vorgen: "Ding Ding Ding! And that's why, Erik.... it would be very unfair of me to your friends if i were to spare these two lovable people....."

Erik: "I'm the one who's supposed to die here!! Leave them alone!!"

Vorgen: "Did i ever tell you about the Cycle Of Violence?"

Erik: "What are you sayi--"

Vorgen: "Let me explain... If your family and friends were to survive, knowing that i killed you.... Would they just stand still? Hm?

Erik: "...................."

Vorgen: "Would they just do nothing? Would they just forget everything? Would they just carry on with their lives?"

Erik: "Yes! Yes they would!!" The man said desperately.

Vorgen: "Maybe.... But i don't want to risk it..... The answer is still no, Erik... No no no.... They'll come for me... Like I've come for you after knowing what you had done to my mother......That's the cycle, my friend.... The Cycle of Violence..."

Erik: "You're insane...."

Erik was the immediately grabbed by the collar by the Black Prior. Looking straight at his face he replied

Vorgen: "Insane?! Look at me, Mother fucker!! You think i don't know that?!"

Erik: ".................."

Vorgen: "That's right........ *Sigh* You are right.... I'm insane as shit...."

The Black Prior sighed, releasing his grip on Erik.

Vorgen: "The cycle Will never end, Erik.... There are only two option in stopping this cycle...."

Erik: "..................."

Vorgen: "Go on. Aren't you going to ask me?"

Erik: ".................."

Vorgen: "Fine I'll tell you... The options are First i forgive you and we both forget this ever happened. The second option is that... I kill everyone in this fucking room... Stopping the cycle once and for all.... So which one is better?"

Erik: "Option one!!! *Sobs* option one you, bastard..."

Vorgen: "......Who told you that you could pick?"

Erik: "Huh? What?"

Vorgen: "Those options are for me to pick, You dumb fuck..."

Chuckled the Black Prior as he playfully slap the man's cheek.

Vorgen: "The cycle of violence is a very horrible thing, Erik...... That's why i need to stop it....Right here.... Right now.....You know? Maybe i could just forgive you and spare the rest of your family...."

Erik: "Please... Forgive me.... Let my family go..."

Vorgen: *Sigh* "I'm sorry Erik... But I'm no Saint...."

Said the knight as he grabbed a knife from a nearby table.

He started sharpening the knife on his hand against his gauntlet.

*Shick* *Shick* *Shick*

Vorgen: "You know.... the people i killed.... Recently....died slowly.... And painfully...."

Walking away from Erik, Vorgen stopped behind Gram and put the knife against his throat.

Vorgen: "However Erik.... Your family really touched my heart..... And so....I'm being generous today..... And i decided to do just this..."

*SLITS*

Vorgen dragged the knife across the boy's throat, ending him swiftly.

Blood seeped out from the boys throat. His clothes were slowly covered in red from the blood that gushed out from his sliced throat.

Erik: "NOOOOO!!!! YOU BASTARD!! YOU GOD FORSAKEN BASTARD!!!"

Alvilda: "AAAHHHH!!!*Sobs* My son"

Vorgen: "And next up is...."

Alvilda: "E-Erik......."

Erik: "No.... No no no please just kill me... Leave my wife alone....JUST KILL ME!!!"

Alvilda: "I love you, Erik"

*SLITS*

Erik: "No..... *Sobs*.....aaaa... Alvilda... Gram... My wife.... My son....."

Vorgen: "I gave them a swift end... You should be thankful..."

Erik: "You monster..... You goddamn monster........"

Vorgen: "I am.... I am a monster, Erik.... I am the monster you made..."

Erik: "...... *Sobs* Go on then.... What are you waiting for? Kill me..."

Vorgen: "I will... But Unlike them.... Your end.... Won't be as pretty..."

______________________________________________________________________________

*Crackle* *Crackle* *CRACK* *BRAK*

Erik: "AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

*Crackle* *Crackle* *Crackle*

The house burned brightly, illuminating the dark forest. Smokes could be seen clouding the sky partly blocking the moon.

Vorgen: "..............."

The Black Prior with his weapons on his back, stood in silence. He stared and listened to the screams and the burning sound of the house in front of him.

He had killed a family in cold blood. He killed a wife. He killed a child. Right in front of the man who had wronged him.

And that man was slowly burned alive inside the house with the rest of his dead family.

Satisfied with the result, Vorgen walked away from the house. On his way, a pack of Wolves appeared from nearby bushes.

*Awooooo* *Growl*

Approaching The knight, The wolves growled showing their fangs.

Vorgen: *Growl*

Vorgen growled in response causing the Wolves to whimper and lower their heads. As a sign of obedience.

Vorgen: "Follow me...."

Obeying his words, The wolves walked with him. Following the Knight.

*Screech* *Flap* *Flap*

A moment later, The screech of Hawk could be heard, flapping it's wing down to the Black prior, it then Perched on his shoulder.

Vorgen: "You did good... Here's you reward"

Amber: *Screech*

Vorgen pulled out a piece of human finger from his pocket and fed it to the hawk.

Vorgen: "One more to go...."

The knight said to himself as he continued to make his way to his next destination.

TO BE CONTINUED

2899 words

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

91.4K 1.4K 23
When Astrid discovers Hiccup bonds with a Night Fury, she sells them out to Stoick and the rest of the tribe. Barely escaping with their lives, Hiccu...
971 89 21
It started as a pagan king who ruled over a land. Christianity was introduced and like the rest of the world it spread like wildfire. In rage the kin...
158 9 23
Deadbeat incel loser experiences the final breaking point and dies a wanted death. Only to find himself in a strange predicament. In a new world, wit...
75.6K 1.6K 37
Good soldiers follow orders, but true warriors know what is right. Since the start of civilization, soldiers have been a part of every society. They...