des tout cotes, k. bakugo

By -rintoons

❝ guess the universe wants us together❞ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ╭ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ⋆ ★ ┆in which y/n keeps ┆running... More

𝗗𝗘𝗦 𝗧𝗢𝗨𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗧𝗘𝗦
1 - airport
2 - take flight
3 - now arriving in musutafu
4 - welcome wagon
5 - papillon
7 - how to tie a tie
8 - bakubedroom
9 - deja vu
10 - festival
11 - downpour
12 - forts and fuzziness
13 - cat cafe
14 - kitten sneeze
15 - movie night
16 - late nights
17 - choose your character
18 - accidents
19 - food wars
20 - adventure time
21 - hot rocks
22 - aphrodisiac
23 - authentic
𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐆𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐂

6 - bandaids, sunsets, and introductions

2.1K 97 39
By -rintoons

chapter 6

☄. *. ⋆
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

THE DOOR TO THE ROOM creaked open to reveal Bakugo, peering inside of the room. He then entered the room, a towel to his head as he dried his hair; he was clad in a pair of sweatpants and a plain black shirt. y/n figured that's what would fit him best.

y/n's head jerked up at the sound. She wasn't sure why, but when she looked up at him, she felt a shiver roll down her spine. When Bakugo noticed the expression her face holds, he looked at her weirdly. "What's up with your face?"

"Me? Oh, nothing." y/n stutters out, still trying to overcome what just happened. "Uh, come here, sit."

Bakugo looks at her suspiciously and sits down. She chuckled at his hesitant behavior. y/n starts to examine his face, scanning it until she came across a cut on Bakugo's cheek. It must've been from the impact of being jumped by her clones. She hums and turns over to her desk and starts going through her drawers.

"Where is it..." Her hand finally lands on the box, "Ah!" She begins to scoot her beanbag closer to Bakugo and frowns when he starts moving away from her. "Stop it, I'm not gonna do anything."

Bakugo cautiously moves closer to y/n, awaiting whatever she was going to do. y/n brings a box of bandaids to her lap and takes one out. She looks up at Bakugo's cheek, squinting her eyes and grunting.

Bakugo's hand shot up to grab the bandaid from her hand, "I can do it myself you kn-" y/n slapped his hand away, telling him to shut up. "Don't be fucking-" He stopped talking when she shot him a threatening look, grumbling under his breath.

Scary

Carefully unwrapping the bandaid, y/n reached over and leaned in closer to Bakugo.

She cautiously pressed the bandaid over the cut, tenderly running her finger over the smooth surface to ensure that it wouldn't peel off.

Her focus on the wound was so deep, she didn't realize how close she was to him until she leaned back to examine her work. His hair hung slightly over his forehead now that it was wet and his skin looked even smoother. The glaze of the sun hit certain spots on his skin and highlighted his face.

She widened her eyes, scooting back a little, "T-there, all done!" She smiled.

Bakugo cleared his throat, his hand involuntarily going to cover his face as he felt it heat up. "Thanks, I guess," he mumbled.

y/n hummed and set the box aside. She turned to her open window and gasped at the sight of the sunset before her. Bakugo turned to see what she was looking at and furrowed his brows.

Suddenly, he felt his muscles relax as the orange, pink, and purple hues bored into his eyes. A content sigh escaped him as he stared in awe.

y/n faced him, ready to point out the sunset, only to find him lost in it. His usual tense and cautious posture was no longer there, being replaced by a more relaxed one. He brought his knees halfway up to his chest and rested his elbows on them, leaning towards the sunset.

y/n even noticed how well the reflection of the sunset blended with the red hues of his eyes, making his look even more ethereal. She blinked, watching as his skin soaked in the dusty color of the now setting sun. Then she blinked again and straightened up, trying to blink away the awestruck and warm feeling that inhabited her body in this moment.

She didn't know which sight she found more beautiful.

☄. *. ⋆
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

y/n sat at the island counters of her kitchen, trying to blink off the hazy feeling left over by the inadequate amount of sleep she got last night. She groaned as she stretched her body.

The amount of natural light their house let in was almost too much for her, hurting her eyes as she tried to keep them open. She yawned.

"Max!!" y/n yelled for her brother. When she heard nothing, she tried again. "Max?" It was then she realized, "Did that little bitch leave already??" y/n deadpanned

Sighing in frustration, y/n grabbed her backpack and her blazer and sluggishly made her way out the door. Since her parents already left for work, there was no one to say goodbye too, so she just left.

The weather was bright, sunny, and humid, as the summer temperatures took their last tole. y/n didn't even bother putting on her blazer, knowing she'd just rip it right off. She wasn't gonna risk sweating too.

"Hey, Medusa!" Bakugo called out. y/n rolled her eyes, immediately knowing who was calling for her, not that she could miss the raspy edge to his voice anyway. "You lied," he gruffed.

"Lied? About what?" y/n asked, tilting her head in confusion. She looked at his deadpan face and shrugged. "What? I seriously have no idea what you're talking about!"

"'I'm not interested in being a hero,'" Bakugo mocked, trying to immitate y/n's voice but putting a girly, high-pitched edge to it.

y/n rolled her eyes and breathed, taking her time to answer. "I never said I wouldn't train for it."

Bakugo shot her an incredulous look, "That makes no fucking sense!" He looked up, as if trying to put the pieces together or put himself in her shoes, but gave up after a few minutes.

He then looked to her, clearly waiting for an explanation.

y/n sighed, "I'm just doing it for fun— and maybe experience if it'll get me anywhere."

For the rest of the walk, Bakugo made a face that made it seem like he was constipated. Whether he actually was or her was still trying to make sense of what y/n said, nobody knows.

How'd her dumbass even get in?

Once they got to UA, Bakugo turned to her. "You better not act like you know me or like we're... friends or whatever." He growled before taking off.

"Alright class," Aizawa gruffed, "New student joining us." He beckoned y/n forward. "Go ahead and introduce yourself."

y/n bowed her head, her head of curls bouncing. "Hello, Class 2-A, I'm l/n y/n and I just moved here, please take care of me." She tried her best to sound energetic, but their was the slightest hint of a slur to her words. Though it seemed to go by unnoticed.

"Alright, nice to meet you y/n," Aizawa said along with the rest of the class. "Take a seat."

Aizawa then stepped into his sleeping bag and muttered something about summer homework and make up work, then proceeded to doze off.

The classroom was soon bustling with voices of conversations, and students greeting y/n and welcoming her to the school.

"I love your hair!" Mina cried, making dreamy eyes at the bouncy curls hanging on her shoulders. "They're so bouncy and moisturized!"

y/n beamed at Mina, smiling at her compliments and looking flattered. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see the irritated face Bakugo was making, a hint of confusion in it. He looked at her quizzically, and then straightened his face and looked away.

She pressed her lips together, trying not to laugh because she knew exactly what questions were whirling around in his head.

"'Bouncy and moisturized? Doing it for fun?'" Bakugo mumbled incredulously. "What the hell is wrong her her?"

☄. *. ⋆
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

dαzed By ⱱҽղ

Fanfiction

30.7K 979 11
💢 ) ׁ⸼ ° katsuki bakugo x black fem ﹆ׂׂ ˖ DISCONTINUED
9K 113 12
Fem. reader x Katsuki Bakugo My Hero Academia Fanfic ✨✨✨ (Y/n) wants more than anything to become a hero. But, she knows how hard it will be because...
46.1K 1.2K 55
Mikki finds herself moving from France to her birth country of Japan due to extreme circumstances. She joins UA as it is a similar course to the one...
279K 10.4K 38
"Oi! Turn around, ya Mute!" "I see that your manners only got worse, Katsuki." "And I see that you only grew uglier." When Katsuki Bakugou's missing...