A SECOND CHANCE OF LOVE

由 moonsun_light0726

Karla Estrabao, the heir of Estrabao TechGroup, 18yrs of age when she left LA leaving her stable life to feel... 更多

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Final Chapter
STORY UPDATE!!

7

169 11 0
由 moonsun_light0726

DINAH started her work at ETG, she and Camila did catch things up but never talked about Lauren, because every time she comes up Lauren's name they always interrupted and she understand. Camila's life is busy, she now understand why Camila left and went to Miami, she want some breather because now especially in the future which is now, she'll be busy. She didn't know if Camila is still single or not, she wanted to ask her but the next time they promised, never came because of their busy schedule since peak season is coming.

After a few months Ally and Lauren finally get their licenses, Lauren is now a CPA and Ally an Engineer.

Lauren finally applied at the Grande Firm and Ariana welcomed her. Her news was a surprise when Ariana said that the former VP in accounting department immediately resigned without saying anything, he just left, so sooner or later she will take the position, Ariana said that she's qualified of the position after taking the rank 2 of CPA exam and no one will question her competency.

As for Ally, like Dinah she immediately processed all her requirements and Karla will meet her soon enough and she'll join the peak season.

On the day of Ally's orientation she asked Dinah about Karla.

"What kind of person Karla is, biggy?"

"Yeah, you never told us about her," Lauren said pouting, "you're mean."

"Uhm—" and she subtly gulped, "as what we knew she's a kind hearted person, less strict than Madame Sinu."

"Madame Sinu?"

"Yeah, Karla's mother, every employee called her like that, since I'm an employee now of ETG, I called her the same way, it's a show of respect for the former CEO."

"You have a point," Lauren said.

"But biggy you still didn't answer my question," Ally whined.

"I already did, you don't need to be nervous, as what Ralph said be yourself."

"It really helps?"

"Wow Allycat, really?" Lauren asked pretending to be hurt.

"Sorry Laur it's just I'm nervous, you see, I'm really going to be a part of my dream company."

"Don't be, she didn't bite," Dinah assured.

"DJ!"

And the trio laughed.

**

"AT 8am Ms Karla will meet you, and I need to be in the department before 8, sorry Smallz I can't be with you," Dinah apologized while they're taking the path towards the elevator, since the security screening towards Ally is done.

"I understand, you had worked, so focus on it."

Dinah nodded, "but we'll take both lunch since the orientation is whole day, you need to tour the whole ETG."

"Hm now I know why you whined after the orientation, just thinking of it really hurts you know, let's go now."

And they entered the elevator. After a few minutes Dinah arrived at her designated floor.

"This is me, just be yourself and you'll be fine, trust me."

"Okay, uhm wish me luck."

"There's no really need, see you later," and Dinah stepped out of the elevator.

**

Ally saw Normani, it greeted her when she arrived finally at the presidential floor. Just like Dinah, Ally was nervous and get frowned when she heard a familiar voice.

She gulped when she entered the office of Karla. Just like what happened to Dinah, Karla was facing the glass wall.

When Ally greeted, Karla faced her. Same as Dinah, Ally widened her eyes and put a hand on her mouth and quickly embraced Camila when her best friend approached her, she even cried on her shoulder. Unlike Dinah, Ally didn't punched Camila, she just embrace her tight, sobbing like a baby in Camila's arms.

"DJ didn't tell us."

"I wanted to surprise you, that's why and also I kind of expect that you will punch me or anything because I will really accept it."

"DJ punched you?"

"Yes, she did," and she wipe Ally's tears.

"Wow Mila, even until now I couldn't believe, we only hope before but now we see you again, Lauren will be happy to see you."

Camila just smiled and Normani's voice will be heard around the office.

"Tell Mrs Crisostomo I'll be there," Camila answered.

"Copy, Ms Karla."

Just like Dinah, Ally signed at the glass desk which is the computer.

"So, what will I call you now?"

"Ms Karla, they didn't know the name Camila Cabello."

"You're not using it again, aren't you?"

Camila just smiled, "I don't know Alz, I really wanted to but it's already done, I guess Camila Cabello will be left in Miami, after all."

Ally nodded, "I understand, Ms Karla it is."

"Welcome to Estrabao TechGroup."

"Thank you, Ms Karla."

**

"YOU have the same look," Normani said while looking at Ally.

"What?"

"Dinah and you, the same look, staring at Karla's back, she's not leaving you know, she belongs here."

"I know, I just couldn't believe that we finally found her, Lauren will surely be happy to know about this."

Normani nodded but sadden at the same time, "come on, we need to start immediately."

Ally nodded in agreement.

**

DINAH receives a playful slap at her arm from Ally when they saw each other once again on the canteen to take lunch.

"What's that for?"

"You, for not telling me that Karla is Mila, why you didn't tell me?"

"Oh that, uhm—she wanted to surprised you."

"I really am."

"You didn't punch her or slap her even?"

"I didn't but I heard from her that you did punch her."

"I did, for making us worry," and she notice when Ally fell into silence, "what's wrong?"

"I feel that—Mila is already moved on from Lauren."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, DJ, because when I mentioned Lauren's name, she didn't react, her face is still the same, what do you think? Did you mention Lauren to her?"

"I did but there's no time for it, that's what I think too, I don't know too Smallz, it makes me confused."

"Do we need to mention to Lauren that we finally found Mila?"

"I don't know, Smallz, what about you?"

And Ally shook her head, "I don't know too."

And they both sighed in the end, unsure what to do.

**

CAMILA was tapping her chin when she and Normani took a ride towards the hangar. She had a 3 days business conference in Europe and the other business people wanted her presence there so she doesn't have a choice but to go. She was tapping her chin when she remember what Ally said earlier this morning about the name Lauren because she was sure that Dinah mentioned that name too so she was bothered. Who is Lauren? Is she their friend, because Ally and Dinah mentioned this Lauren on their first meet? They mentioned this Lauren to her, so it means she knew Lauren too? Good thing too because before, after waking up from a 3 days coma every time she heard or read a word Lauren it makes her head aches, but now it's different. So back to the question, who is Lauren in their life? Did she meet this Lauren? Is it a man or a woman? She's confused. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"What's wrong, Mila?"

Camila heard Normani asked then a blurry scenario cross on her train of thoughts that makes her massage the bridge of her nose.

"Stop the car," Normani ordered to the driver.

The car immediately halted then Normani faced Camila.

"Mila, Mila!"

"W-What?"

"Christ! I've been calling you! What happened? Are you okay? Does your head ache again?"

Camila shook her head, "no, Mani."

"Please be sure because if it is I will never doubt to cancel this trip, your health is important."

"I'm fine, Mani," and she tap the shoulder of their driver, "start the car now."

Normani saw the driver's eyes asking if he will start the car so she looked at to Camila, "are you really sure you're okay? Don't scare me again, please."

"I'm fine, really."

"Okay," and she nodded at the driver then the car moved once more.

"I know you're worried but I'm fine, Mani, Taylor already said that the tumor is gone."

"We can't be sure, okay? I don't want a repeat."

"I'm fine."

"Then what happened to you earlier?"

Camila sighed and look out to the window staring at the moon, every time she looked at the moon, an emerald quickly followed then the word Lauren.

"It's not only Cheechee mentioned that name, but Ally too."

"And that is?"

"Lauren..."

Then Normani remembered what Ariana always said that the mind may forget the heart doesn't and now Camila is showing the meaning of it.

"I don't know who this Lauren is, Ally and Dinah showed to me that I know this Lauren well," and she looked at to Normani, "do I know her?"

Normani closed her eyes because it's time so she nodded, "yes, you know Lauren."

"What?"

"Lauren is one of your friends along with Dinah and Ally while you're in Miami, you know her the same time you knew Ally and Dinah, based on your story to me, because you tell me that those three is your friends, I never met Lauren personally so I don't know what to explain further about her."

"If this Lauren is my friend, why I forget about her? Isn't it strange?"

"It's because she's closer to you, to your heart."

"So, a she, Lauren is a woman."

"Yes."

"Moon."

"What?"

Then Camila stared again at the bright moon in the dark sky, "every time I saw a moon, I remember that name then an emerald, I don't know if it's an eye colour, her favourite colour, a place, I don't know, Mani, it always came next every time I saw a moon."

"Really..."

"Where is she right now?"

"I don't know, Dinah and I never mentioned her name."

And Camila bit her lips, "it's blurry."

"Blurry?"

"Scenarios, it's blurry."

"I will call Dr Swift, let's consult to her, she needs to know because this could be a progress of your selective memory loss."

And Camila just nodded.

Then they finally arrived at the hangar. They both got out of the car after their driver assisted them.

"I will call Dr Swift first okay?"

"Sure, I will just talk to our pilot."

"Okay," then Camila left, she then grabbed her phone and call Dr Swift, the doctor answered after a second ring.

"Normani, what's up? Is there something wrong?"

"I don't know if it's a problem or not."

"What happened to Cami?"

And Normani heard Ariana's voice in the background and she rolled her eyes, "you know what Ariana, if you wanted to convince the public you must refrain to go to Taylor's office," then she heard Ariana's voice.

"We're not in the office, we're on our hideout."

"Silly."

"What happened to Cami? Is she okay?"

"That's what I wanted to tell, because earlier on our way to the hangar, we're here on the hangar now, earlier, she mentioned that Ally and Dinah talks about Lauren, you know that those two are her closest friend in Miami aside from Lauren, it made her confused why Dinah and Ally mentioned Lauren to her so she asked me if she know her and I don't want to lie anymore so I told her the truth."

"What did she feel?"

It was Taylor's voice then she answered, "she's not in pain, actually, I just panic, she just closed her eyes tight, that's all, she's in her reverie I think, but she told me that there are scenarios but it's blurry."

"Hmm looks like mentioning Lauren's name is kind of a gamble now."

"Tay, even if we don't mention Lauren she still thinks of her."

"Really?"

"Yes, just by looking at the moon, that's what she said." Then she heard Ariana's voice.

"I'm right, the mind may forget the heart doesn't."

"She's showing me now what it means actually, what do we do?"

"Tell her to take it slow, tell her she don't have to fight it, let it flow, she's on the stage of recovery but tell her not to make it fast or quick to the point that she'll become frustrated to not know who is this Lauren in her life, it'll make worse if she do, she have to wait, her brain is accepting now what her heart screams."

"Okay, Tay, I'll tell her."

"Let her take the medicine it'll help, when you come home, straight to my office I will lessen the dosage."

"Okay."

"Good luck and have a safe trip."

"Ari you have to prepare to explain to Mila, I didn't tell her that she's in your firm."

"I know that already that's why I invited her to the event."

"Okay then, we needed to leave."

"Ciao!"

And the call ended.

**

IN the end, Ally and Dinah decided not to mention to Lauren that they finally found Camila because of some theories that they still needed to support. They have to thank the Gods because every time they come home from work, Lauren is already asleep and they went to work earlier than the raven haired.

It was months before the trio shared dinner again so they talked. Ally and Dinah were happy for Lauren for getting the VP position in accounting department in Grande Firm and other things.

"You know what guys, I've been invited to an event, what about you two?"

"When is it?"

"This Saturday."

"Oh, the event in ETG," Dinah said.

"It's the ETG's event? Why did Ms Grande invited me if it's ETG's event?"

Dinah shrug as an answer.

"Is it you only that she invited?"

"I think so, because she handed it to me personally."

Dinah and Ally shared a look, they sometimes saw Ariana at ETG, it's clear that Camila knew Ariana.

"So, are you two invited?"

"Ally and I, yes, because Normani invited us."

"It's not Karla who invited you?"

"She's busy as hell, so thru Normani she invited us," Dinah explained.

"Hmm okay, so, we're going together?"

"Sure since we're going to the same event," Ally agreed.

Ally and Dinah shared a look once more, there's possibility that Lauren will see Camila there, finally.

On the Friday night where tomorrow is the event, they gone shopping for their dresses.

And on the same night, when Lauren is asleep, Dinah sneaked in to Ally's room.

"Smallz, what are we going to do?"

"I exactly don't know, do we need to divert Lauren, because it's the only option I got."

Dinah bit her lips and shook her head, "I don't want to lie anymore, I felt guilty every time I saw Lauren hoping to see Chancho."

"So, what are we going to do?"

"We'll find a way I think, depends on what the scene is to offer."

"Okay then."

Saturday came, they prepared and went together to the event.

There are a lot of people on that event when they arrive.

"I feel out of place," Lauren said looking at the people around.

"Why you said that?"

"I didn't know even a single person that is from Grande Firm."

"Ralph, you know Ally and me, just sit with us, I know Normani reserve a seat from us," and she smiled, "speaking," and she waved her hand, she saw Normani's eyes widened and a big smile appeared on its lips and approached them, she let out a happy sigh, "she's really gorgeous."

"Try not to drool, biggy."

"This is my moment Ally."

And Normani greeted them, it greeted Dinah first.

"You look gorgeous today..." Dinah complimented.

Normani blushed and said, "thank you, you are too."

And Dinah smiled sheepishly, "oh, you probably know Ally, this is our other friend, Lauren, Lauren Jauregui."

"Hi," Lauren greeted while handing her hand.

"Hi, finally meet you."

"Oh my, looks like DJ here said a lot of things about me."

"Just a few," 'emerald, it's not a place, nor her favourite colour, but her eyes, Lauren had an emerald eyes,' it make her giggle, "come and follow me, I reserved a seat for us," and she lead the way.

"I will follow wherever you go, my love..."

"DJ!"

Lauren just chuckled.

Throughout the evening they chatted until the event started with the emcee starting it.

Lauren on the other hand, didn't know why she kept looking around as if she is looking for someone until her gaze landed on the spot, a familiar wavy brunette hair caught her attention, its back is facing her so she don't know who is that brunette but she saw Ariana talking to the brunette, she frowned because she didn't think that Ariana loves women too because they're intimate, but the brunette stance is very familiar to her until a spotlight was landed on the brunette. She widened her eyes when she finally saw the face of the brunette, her heart beats rapidly and at the same time it breaks apart when she saw the brunette kissing the cheek of Ariana.

"No..."

"Ralph?"

Then Ally followed Lauren's gaze and her eyes widened too so she nudge Dinah and pointed Camila's direction.

It worsened when Lauren heard that the event is also an engagement party of Ariana and Camila, her tears finally fell, she couldn't take it anymore so she stood from her seat and ran away, away from the event, away from the person she loved because her heart is breaking.

"Lauren!" Ally called then she said to Dinah, "I will follow her," then she stood following Lauren.

"Go," Normani said to Dinah.

Dinah nodded, "I'm sorry beautiful, our friend needed us."

"I know," and she kiss her on the cheek.

Dinah smiled and left, following her Ally and Lauren.

Ally and Dinah didn't catch up with Lauren because when Ally got out of the place she saw Lauren entering to a taxi cab so she waited Dinah. They went home to their shared apartment. Lauren's room was already locked when they arrived at their shared apartment, they tried everything, begging to Lauren to open the door but the raven haired didn't respond, refusing to talk to them.

**

ARIANA and Camila were happily accepting the congratulations from the guests until they saw Normani on the table, alone.

Camila frowned because she thought Dinah and Ally are with her.

"Mani, I thought Ally and Dinah are with you."

"They are, they just left."

"Too early."

"Emergency."

"What?" Ariana asked, "why, what happened? I didn't saw Lauren too."

Normani saw Camila talk to the other guest so she pulled Ariana and whispered to her, "Lauren is Ally and Dinah's emergency."

Ariana gasped when she get what Normani is saying, "she saw it?"

"WE saw it, so congratulations you made my woman worried."

"Mani, you know that this is all an act," Ariana whispered, making sure that no one heard them.

"I know but they didn't know about it," Normani replied in the same manner.

"Shit, this could be a big problem."

"Yes it is!"

"Where are we?" Camila asked.

"Ally and Dinah's emergency."

"Yeah, yeah, what kind of emergency it is?"

"No worries Mila, they already took care of it."

"Yeah..." and Ariana bit her lip and she saw Normani's eyes widened, they needed to talk.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

5.7K 166 19
20 year old Camila Cabello is a working dog sitter with a dream to make it big on Broadway. It has been her dream since she was little. It was also S...
86.6K 2.3K 25
Camila and Sofia Cabello move out months after their parents' death. They always lived at Miami, but now, with the money earned from the house, they...
23.9K 1.3K 36
Camila was Lauren's first real girl crush. They were in love and had beautiful moments together despite their different backgrounds and characters. A...
102K 3.8K 35
Meet Dinah Jane Hansen, a well known video and music producer who got into the business at the age of 19. She's hard working and smooth with the ladi...