Ace The Wager (TO BE PUBLISHE...

Autorstwa drakoyne

[DECK OF CARDS # 1] Defending him meant signing her death certificate. Siobhan Thiago never wanted to be inv... Więcej

Ace The Wager
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
THE SEQUEL

Chapter 13

1.8K 87 142
Autorstwa drakoyne

AFTER A WHILE OF CONTEMPLATING WHETHER if my curiosity should kill a cat—the cat being me—I decided to go to the last person on Earth I should be around with during the night.

"Ate Saoirse."

Nilingon ako ni ate na nagtutupi ng mga damit niya sa kama. Bahagya niya akong nginitian bago niya ako sinenyasan na pumasok ng kwarto niya. Weird. She never smiles. Ano kaya ang meron ngayon?

Late na kasi siya umuwi kaya naman naabutan ko siya. It was already 9:30 PM pero nag-aayos pa siya ng mga damit niya. Pagkatapos ko ibigay kay Haji ang phone niya through one of our housekeeper, I did a background check on his family in my room.

So far, kakaunti pa lang ang alam ko. The Romeros are known to do many good deeds but I didn't get enough information on their personal life. According to several articles, Haji's mom lives in Paris as a designer—a very successful one at that—while his father stayed here in the Philippines and got elected as governor last year.

Ang weird lang kasi wala namang nakalagay doon na may kapatid si Haji. Sa mga political campaigns rin ni Gov Romero, si Haji lang parati ang kasama niya. Siguro hindi alam ng media na dalawa ang anak ni Gov. Romero. I guess Haji's sister is from another woman? I didn't want to make assumptions but it was possible.

"What?" tanong ni ate nang umupo ako sa tabi niya.

Ate Saoirse and I have never been close. Simula noong bata pa 'ko, parati siyang nagkukulong dito sa kwarto niya para mag-aral. Pinagpatuloy niya ang habit na 'yan hanggang sa nakagraduate na siya. Ngayon ko lang siya nakikita na lumalabas kasi may trabaho siya sa kumpanya.

Speaking of company, may nabasa akong article na tumulong ang Thiago Holdings sa pag-suporta financially kay Gov. Romero noong eleksyon. That time, ate was already an executive director in Thiago Holdings. I bet she knows why our funds were offered to the governor.

"Why are you here?" tanong niya at nagpatuloy na sa pagtutupi.

I cleared my throat before facing her. "What did Governor Romero give to the company when you decided on investing for his campaign?"

I craned my neck beside her because her back was facing me. Tumigil siya sa pagtutupi at dahan-dahan na binaba ang kamay niya sa dalawa niyang hita. She faced me with a serious expression on her face.

"What?" Her expression was dark.

"I mean—" I fidgeted as a cold shiver ran down my spine. In the end, I gave her a one-shoulder shrug. "I'm just curious."

"Well, don't be."

Okay... This isn't going as planned.

I swore to myself I'll never push anyone's buttons—you know, knowing my family's history of anger issues—but I'm too curious. I need to create a bait, and I need to do it fast.

"Thiago Holdings went near bankruptcy after the election. Right after the company wired twenty million for Gov. Romero's campaign..." I trailed. "Those funds that the company offered were stolen, right? It was supposed to be investments from the stockholders but mommy sent it to Gov. Romero without their consent."

Ate Saoirse's gaze hardened. "Where are you going with this, Siobhan? Yes, mommy sent it for the election campaign, but it was all from her own pockets."

A ghost of a smile shown on my face. "But why would she do that? It's not like Gov. Romero is an asset for the company. In fact, our lives nearly went to shit last year because of that decision she did. Unless mommy is fucking the governor, what else is the reason?"

"Don't talk about her like that!"

I grinned. I'm starting to get a reaction. "Mommy was blackmailed, wasn't she?"

"Enough, Siobhan!"

Napatayo agad ako nang bigla niya akong sinakal. My back hit the wall as she choked me using her hands. What the hell?

I croaked, trying to reach for anything that can get her off me. Sinubukan kong tanggalin ang mga kamay niya but to no avail. Her grip was too tight!

"What do you know?!" sigaw niya. She was gripping my collar habang paulit-ulit niyang niyuyugyog ang katawan ko.

Nahihilo na 'ko. Why is she getting so worked up about this?! The hairs on my skin stood up when she let me go and took several steps away from me. I could see her clearly now. Magulo ang buhok niya habang nanlilisik ang mapupula niyang mga mata. She looks like a younger version of mommy right now.

Her eyes looks like they were going to get detached from their sockets as her face went closer to mine. "Tell me," she hissed. "Tell me what you know!"

"Wala akong alam! Kaya nga ako nagtatanong sa'yo!"

"Liar!"

Halos tumakbo na 'ko palabas ng kwarto nang bigla siyang kumuha ng gunting mula sa isang drawer niya. She pointed it at me as her mouth curved into a smile. A shiver went up my spine at the sight of her. God, she's gone crazy.

Sinubukan kong tumakbo palabas ng kwarto niya ngunit nadulas ako dahil sa rug na nasa sahig. My left elbow hit the floor. I felt electricity rushing through the bones of my elbow to my left shoulder. Tangina, ang sakit!

Nakadapa ako sa sahig habang dahan-dahan si ate na naglalakad papalapit sa'kin. There was an eerie grin on her face and her eyes lacked focus. Nakakilabot siyang tingnan lalo na't hawak-hawak niya ang gunting sa isang kamay.

She crouched in front of me, wiping the scissors blades using the end of her shirt.

"You're not going to kill me," I said. Maybe I was just convincing myself because based on the demented look on her face, she would surely run the tip of the scissor down my throat.

"Dead men tell no tales, Siobhan."

Tumindig ang mga balahibo ko nang bigla siyang tumawa. God, she's a fucking nutjob. How the hell is she even an executive director?! How the hell is she even here and not inside some mental facility?!

Her face turned deadly. "Tell me what you know before I run this down your throat."

"Wala nga akong alam!" I cried out.

Ano naman ang malalaman ko sa internet?! 'Yon nga lang ang pinagkukuhanan ko ng impormasyon. But based on the way she's reacting to this, I know there's so much more dirt inside their sleeves.

Dahan-dahan siyang naglakad kung saan ako nakadapa. Her expression was a mix of fake sympathy and real pleasure. "I don't want to slit your throat, Siobhan, but that little mind of yours will be the death of me. It will be the end of our family. You don't want our family to end, don't you?"

I swallowed a lump in my throat as she ran the smooth plane of the scissors down my throat like a deathly caress. "Last chance, Siobhan."

Gusto ko na umiyak nang titigan ako ni ate. Hindi ko na siya makilala. She's... she's so far from that composed Saoirse that mommy praises.

I spit at her face as I hissed, "Fuck you."

Her face contorted into annoyance, and I was sure I'd be a dead man.

Nakahinga lang ako ng maluwag nang biglang bumukas ang pinto at pumasok sila mommy at daddy. They were wearing their pajamas at suot pa ni daddy ang reading glasses niya.

Ate paused as she dropped her scissors. Bigla siyang napaupo sa sahig tsaka hinimas ang braso niya. It was only then when I realized that she's acting as if someone hit her. Someone being me.

"Saoirse!" sigaw ni mommy nang makita kaming dalawa ni ate. She immediately rushed to Ate's side and hugged her. For some reason, Ate Saoirse started crying in mommy's arms. What the fuck?

"What is the meaning of this, Siobhan?"

Napatingin ako kay daddy na nagsalita. What is the meaning of this? Her eldest daughter nearly killed me! I know that this family is dysfunctional but I've never imagined that we could be far worse!

"Siobhan! Answer me!" sigaw ni daddy.

Dahan-dahan akong tumayo mula sa pagkakadapa. My left arm felt numb at hindi ko ito nagagalaw. Great. The last thing I want before graduation is a broken bone but here I am.

Huminga muna ako nang malalim bago siya tiningnan sa mata. Daddy was breathing heavily, na parang hindi siya makapaniwala sa nakita niya kanina. Yes, that's true, her eldest daughter is a monster. Tanga na lang ang mag-aakala na mabait pa si ate. She nearly killed her own sister for what? Fucking information!

"Siobhan!" sigaw ulit ni daddy, mukhang nagtitimpi na sa'kin.

"Ba't ka sa'kin nagtatanong?!" I shouted. Tinuruan ko si ate na humahagulhol ngayon kay mommy. "Why the hell are you suddenly playing victim?! You nearly killed me!" I screamed.

"I didn't!" sigaw ni ate, may mga nagbabadyang mga luha sa mga pisngi niya. Mommy caressed her head and she cried in her arms again.

Parang aso siya ngayon na hindi nakakagawa ng masama. Then here I am, the enraged one who just wanted to punish her assaulter but turned out to be the fucking assaulter in their eyes. Just because I'm the one who was losing my shit doesn't mean I'm the one who provoked her! Well, I did, but it's not enough of a reason to point a fucking weapon at my throat.

Lumingon si daddy kay ate. "What really happened, Saoirse?"

"Why are you asking her, Kenneth?!" sigaw ni mommy, tightening her hug with the devil. "She's hurt! Can't you see that?!"

"She's perfectly fine," I said, exasperated. God, I can't with these overdramatic people.

"You!" mommy pointed a finger at me. I gaped at her. Ano na naman?!

"You provoked her!" she accused. "What did you do to your sister?!"

I scoffed in disbelief. She should just say she'll side with ate no matter what. Tangina, sa kaniya kasi nagmana. Pareho lang sila mga demonyo! "Your daughter nearly stabbed me with fucking school scissors!"

"I didn't, mommy..." Naiiyak na umiling si ate. God, the nerve of this bitch. They should appoint her to a mental hospital. She's not acting like a human being, for Christ's sake!

"Saoirse said she didn't so what did you do, you little monster!" sigaw ni mommy sa'kin. Her nostrils flared as a finger pointed accusingly at me.

Pasikip nang pasikip ang dibdib ko nang paulit-ulit akong pinagbibintangan ni mommy. Ang daming insulto na sinabi niya... anak ba niya ako? Ba't ang sama niya sa'kin?

"You did this to her! Now, she's traumatized! Get out of my sight, you... you disgrace!"

I swallowed a lump in my throat as I stood my ground, willing my tears to stay at bay. Ang sakit. Parang paulit-ulit na pinipiga ang puso ko sa tingin ni mommy sa'kin. Kriminal na ba 'ko sa tingin niya? Hindi ba niya ako anak? I know she's a piece of trash but I never stopped hoping that maybe, one day, parang anak na rin ang turing niya sa'kin.

I guess this is the last straw. Pagod na ako. Ubos na ako. Kahit anong gawin ko, nananatiling si ate pa rin ang maayos na anak sa mga mata niya.

"You know what?" Tinaas ko ang noo ko. I'm not giving her the satisfaction of seeing me cry. "You can all rot in hell."

Tinalikuran ko na sila. Daddy tried to stop me by gripping my right wrist but I thrashed until he eventually let go of me.

"Ikaw, Dad!" I could feel the tears on my cheek as my chest tightened. Ang sakit. Sobra. "You're actually far worse than mommy."

"Shut your mouth, Siobhan!" sigaw ni mommy but I kept on talking.

"You never abused me physically, but you never stopped her from getting to me!" Marahas kong pinalis ang luha sa pisngi ko bago siya tiningnan ulit. Daddy's expression remained stoic, na parang wala siyang pake kahit nahihirapan na 'ko dito. These devils.

"Ironic, isn't it?" I let out a sarcastic chuckle before looking into his eyes, hoping my words hurt them as much as theirs hurt me. "The both of you brought me to this world but you're also the reason why I slowly want to die."

"We gave you everything, Siobhan!" sigaw ni mommy. "Food, shelter, and all the things other kids could only dream of!"

"You're my parents, for God's sake! Not my fucking sponsor! I needed you to at least act like a decent mom but you always chose to pin me as the ungrateful one!"

"Get out."

Napaawang ang bibig ko nang sinabi 'yon ni daddy. My chest constricted when I felt a hand land on my cheek, causing me to look sideways. Ang bigat ng palad niya.

He never sided with me anyway so why does it still hurt? Why did I still hope?

"I should've disowned you when I had the chance."

Puta.

Puta, patayin niyo na lang ako.

Tiningnan ko si daddy ng isang beses—ng huling beses. He was breathing heavily as he glared at me. They were all glaring at me. Why are they glaring at me? Gusto ko lang naman na pakinggan nila ako kahit ngayon lang.

"Get out of my house. I don't want to see you tomorrow."

I made a show by bowing in front of them. When my gazes met theirs through my lashes, I hoped they saw the vengeance within my eyes. One day... one day I'll make them regret.

Lumabas na 'ko ng kwarto ng demonyitang 'yon. They want me to go? Fine! I've been preparing for this exact moment months ago.

Padabog ako na pumunta ng kwarto ko at kinuha ang maleta mula sa taas ng cabinet. Medyo nahirapan pa 'ko kasi isang kamay lang ang gamit ko. Alas diyes pa lang ng gabi... saan ako matutulog nito?

'Di bale, maghahanap ako ng lugar. I have enough money to rent an apartment. Siguro, magpapart-time job na lang ako para magkaroon ng pangtustos.

All of this just because I was curious about Haji's family background. Damn it.

But for some reason, hindi ako nagsisisi sa ginawa ko. I'll finally get out of this toxic family. If they did something heinous, at least wala na ako doon. I'm not a Thiago anymore. Alam kong masama sila pero ni hindi ko inakala na makikisali sila sa pulitika. What's the motive? Anong mayroon sa Thiago Holdings na posibleng kailanganin ng isang politician?

"Money," I said to myself. "It's always about money."

Kasi kapag hindi pera, then what? Diyan naman nagsisimula ang lahat ng masasamang mga bagay. The greed for more money.

One of the housekeepers helped me carry my bag downstairs because my left arm was injured. Siguro didiretso lang muna ako sa isang hospital and, I don't know, stay the night there? Papayagin naman ako nila, 'di ba?

"Miss Siobhan."

I paused. Lumingon ako sa likod kung nasaan ang isang housekeeper namin. She's been here ever since I was eleven years old. My parents prohibit us from talking with them but I wasn't really a fan of following their rules.

I gave her a soft smile as I turned around to face her. "Ano po?"

She was shifting in place. Nang nilahad niya ang kamay niya sa'kin, parang may kung ano na pumisil sa puso ko.

It's a five-hundred pesos bill.

"Alam ko na hindi 'to sapat pero tanggapin niyo na lang po."

My throat constricted. Financially, it's not enough, but the thought that someone who doesn't even know me—someone who cared—alleviated the pain off my chest.

My own family may not care for me, but there are far more people who do.

"Thank you," I said as I accepted the money. "Malaking tulong na po ito."

She smiled. After a while, she stepped back, bowed, before going inside the house.

With a heavy breath and a sense of direction, I placed the bill inside my pocket before treading down the front lawn.

Lumabas na 'ko ng gate at doon ko lang napagtanto na wala pala akong sasakyan tapos malayo pa ang labasan ng subdivision. Running out of other options, I fished my phone out of my pocket and dialed the number of the person who would surely show up.

Buti na lang nakuha ko ang number niya kanina noong naiwan niya sa'kin ang phone niya. For a secretive person, he doesn't even have a password for his phone.

After a ring, he picked up.

"Who's this?"

"Haji." I said.

The other line paused for a moment before he answered. "Siobhan?"

"Yeah," I awkwardly said. "Can you drive me to the hospital?"

Pumikit ako. Alam kong ang kapal ng mukha ko pero wala akong kaibigan bukod kay Rain at sa frat boys. Rain doesn't have a car and I don't think I'm close enough with Charles to ask that favor. Si Loki naman... well, kasama niya ang pamilya niya. That leaves Haji, the only person I know who is obsessed with his car.

"Where are you?" tanong niya. May narinig ako na kumalampag sa linya niya pero hindi na 'ko nagtanong.

"Nasa tapat ng bahay" I answered honestly.

"You're not playing with me, are you?"

Umiling ako kahit hindi naman niya 'yon nakikita. "Hindi, ah."

"Okay," he chuckled. "Wait, how about your parents?"

Huminto ako. I bit my lower lip, trying desperately not to shout profanities against them.

"Wala... pinalayas ako." I chuckled to ease the tension but he didn't respond. Seconds passed by pero wala na 'ko narinig sa kabilang linya.

"Haji?" tawag ko. Tiningnan ko saglit ang screen ng phone ko kasi baka binabaan na niya 'ko pero hindi pa naman.

"Haji?" I repeated.

"I'm on my way."

Nagpakawala ako ng hininga. Hindi ko talaga alam kung ano ang gagawin ko kung hindi pumayag si Haji. Siguro babalik ako sa loob tapos magmamakaawa kay daddy na ibalik ako sa pamilya niya kahit labag sa loob ko.

"Don't drop the call," dagdag pa niya.

"Bakit? Sayang load. Nagsasave pa naman ako."

"I'll pay you later just... don't drop the call. And wait somewhere far from your house."

My brows creased. "Bakit?"

"I'm on the verge of punching your parents right now so I think it's better if I'm not anywhere near them."

Natawa ako sa sinabi niya. I heard his low chuckle from the other line and a smile automatically escaped from my lips when I heard it.

"Just do as I say, Siobe."

"Okay." Hinawakan ko ang handle ng suitcase ko tsaka hinila na ito. Nagsimula na 'ko maglakad papuntang labas ng subdivision. Parang tanga ako dito. Nakaipit sa gitna ng tenga at balikat ko ang phone ko habang kausap si Haji. Hinihila ko naman ang trolley ko na may isang malaking unan sa ibabaw.

Sa labas ako ng subdivison naghintay. Buti na lang hindi ako tinanong ng guard but he gave me suspicious glances from time to time.

Pagkatapos ng mahigit sampung minuto, Haji's G Wagen stopped right in front of me. Bumaba siya mula sa driver's seat, wearing Nike's shorts and a loose black V-neck shirt. Bumaba ang tingin niya sa injured arm ko at agad na kumunot ang noo niya.

I thought he was going to say something but his gaze swiftly moved back to my distressed face.

"Here, I'll help you." Kinuha niya ang maleta ko pero nakatingin pa rin siya sa braso ko. Tss, hindi na lang magtanong.

Sumakay na 'ko sa shotgun seat at pumasok naman siya ng driver's side pagkatapos niyang ilagay ang maleta ko sa back compartment. He glanced at my arm first, as if it was bothering him, before he looked at the road.

"Saan tayo pupunta?" tanong niya.

"Sa pinakamalapit na hospital."

He subtly glanced at my arm again before his mouth formed a tight line. He started driving but his attention was only on the road. The nerves on his wrists were evident and his jaw was clenched. Problema niya?

"What?" he asked. He must've noticed me staring.

"Galit ka ba?" Nag-aalangan na tanong ko.

He let out a humorless laugh. "Very."

"Ibaba mo na lang ako diyan," turo ko sa isang kanto.

Kumunot ang noo niya nang lumingon siya sa gawi ko. "Huh? Why?"

I innocently stared at him. "Galit ka, e."

Haji blinked a couple of times as if he couldn't process what I just said before he burst out laughing. Kita niyo naman. May nakakatawa ba sa sinabi ko?

"I'm not mad at you," sabi niya, a ghost of a smile on his face. "I'm mad at the people who did that to you." Ngumuso siya sa braso ko bago binalik ang atensyon sa kalsada.

Bahagyang napaawang ang bibig ko nang mapagtanto na parang nagiging... protective na siya sa'kin. It's like... he cares. I don't know what I should feel about that.

"Do you want to make them pay?" tanong niya pagkalipas ng ilang sandali.

I glanced at him. He was looking at the road with a serious expression. When he looked in my direction, I smiled at him. Na-aappreciate ko lahat nang ginagawa niya kahit hindi naman siya aware na nagpapakabait siya. This man is too prideful to admit that he's being kind for a change.

His features softened when he mirrored my smile. Umiling pa rin ako kahit nakaka-tempt ang offer niya.

Now that I know how powerful his family is even though I have no idea what they actually do, Haji suddenly became a different person to me. He's still the same 'I'm a tough guy but I'm actually a baby' kind of person but I know he isn't someone to underestimate. Sure, I hate my family for the time being but I didn't want to put them in harm's way. That's not how I should get revenge.

"You sure?" paninigurado niya.

Tumango ako. I diverted the topic. "Hindi 'to ang daan papuntang hospital."

Haji stepped on the brakes and observed the surroundings. There were tall buildings on either side of the road and the sidewalks were bustling with people. Ngayon ko lang napagtanto na nasa gitna kami ng city.

"But—" Haji pointed at his GPS and I laughed at his expense. I patted his back to console him.

"It's okay. The hospital is that way," turo ko sa isang kanto.

Haji made a U-turn and in five minutes, we arrived at the hospital's underground parking lot.

"Ibaba mo na lang ang maleta ko," sabi ko nang tuluyan nang namatay ang makina ng sasakyan.

His brows furrowed. "Why?"

"Dito yata ako matutulog..." nahihiya na ani ko.

Hindi muna siya nagsalita ng ilang segundo. Banagyang nakaawang pa ang bibig niya habang nakatitig sa'kin. Nagulat na lang ako nang bigla niyang pinitik ang noo ko habang unti-unting tumatawa. What the hell?

Ngumiti siya. "Check your arm first. We'll discuss where I'll drop you off once you're done."

"Okay lang. Huwag na. Hindi mo na kailangang sumama—"

"Siobhan."

"Hajiro."

"Get out of the car."

"Okay." Bumaba na 'ko sa sasakyan ngunit nagulat pa 'ko nang sumunod siya sa'kin. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Saan ka pupunta?"

"I'll go with you," sabi niya. Inayos pa niya ang t-shirt niya tsaka naglakad sa kung nasaan ako.

Pinagsingkitan ko siya ng mga mata. "Halata ka masyado. Ba't di ka na lang umamin na crush mo ako?"

Natatawa siyang umiling tsaka nilagay ang kamay niya sa likod ko. "Let's go." He guided me in the hospital while the other nurses occasionally gave him subtle glances.

Gosh, pati ba naman sa ospital?

"Oh, what happened to your arm, dear?" tanong ng isang doktor na nakasalubong namin sa hallway. She took a closer glance before shaking her head. "Tsk, tsk. This won't do. Let's go to the ER first so I can examine it. Hmm?"

Tumango-tango naman ako. Gusto pa sana ni Haji na sumama pero sinabihan ko siya na maghintay na lang sa waiting area. Hindi naman ako magtatagal. He nodded and the doctor and I proceeded to the emergency room.

"Your boyfriend looks familiar. Isn't he the son of the governor?" bulong ng doctor.

I awkwardly shook my head. "Hindi ko po siya boyfriend."

"Really?" Napatigil pa kami dahil tiningnan niya 'ko sa mukha, parang gulat na gulat naman siya. "I really thought he was... Anyway, you look great together!"

A blush crept up to my cheeks. "Doc, hindi po—"

"Shush! He likes you! I can tell!"

Never in my life did I imagine I'll be having a conversation like this with a doctor. Expect the unexpected na lang talaga. Bahagyang tumango na lang ako tsaka nginitian siya para hindi ako magmukhang bastos.

Pagkatapos niyang lagyan ng cast ang siko ko at pinasuot pa 'ko ng arm sling, inalalayan na niya 'ko palabas ng ER. Haji was dozing off when I saw him at the waiting area. Bago pa makaalis ang doctor, sinundot niya muna ang tagiliran ko.

She grinned. "Update me on your love life whenever you visit me for your weekly check-ups, okay?"

Tumango na lang ako. Bored ba siya sa buhay niya na pati buhay ng iba inaabangan na niya?

"Oh, he's coming!" she giggled before walking away. I stared at her retreating figure until Haji towered in front of me.

"You done?" tanong niya. He looked at my new cast before smiling at me. "Are you hungry?"

"Starving."

Bahagya siyang tumawa. "I know a restaurant nearby. Let's go there?"

"Libre mo?"

"Duh."

Nginisihan ko siya at pabiro naman niya akong inirapan. See? He's really too prideful to admit that he's being kind already.

After paying my medical fee, we walked to the restaurant he was referring to. Tumingala ako sa kaniya as he continued talking about the things he saw when I was in the ER. Nakakita raw siya ng buntis. Ewan ko ba kung bakit naweiweirduhan siya sa mga buntis.

"Do you really think an actual human is in their stomach?" seryosong tanong ni Haji. "I mean, maybe it's just a big inflatable ball inside there and the child is actually given to you during labor."

Natatawang umiling ako sa conspiracy theory niya. "Ang weird mo."

"But be honest, you thought of that at least once in your life."

"Hindi."

"Not even once?"

"Hindi talaga."

"Okay, but you haven't been pregnant so you're not one to talk."

I smiled a little as he continued rambling about pregnant women and how it must be hard for them to carry a person inside them. He looks tough on the outside but actually, he's still a human who's fascinated with pregnancy. I find it cute.

People were painting him as the bad guy but in my eyes, he's the only good thing that's ever happened to me since that movie night in the frat house.

Or maybe you're painting him as the good guy, an anti-Haji side of me thought.

I pushed the thought aside. It was a possibility. Baka sa'kin lang siya nagpapanggap na mabait. It's easy to act kind. Ate Saoirse is proof of that. What if he turns out to be the person the people hate and not the Haji I built in my mind? Natatakot ako.

He looked down at me, a ghost of a smile on his face.

I really don't care, though. Or I just don't care enough now.

But one thing is for sure... he's my anchor now. If it weren't for him, I'd be in a much darker place than where I currently am.

"Haji."

He pushed the glass door of the restaurant first before he raised his brows at me. "Yeah?"

Nginitian ko siya, leaving him dumbfounded as I entered the restaurant.

I wanted to say I was ready to gamble my feelings.

Whether he's a good person or not depends on my perspective of him. So as long as he doesn't show me his bad side, I'll stick with the idea of him that I formed in my head.

He's a good person.

He should be a good person.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

103K 1.5K 102
Months after a failed relationship, Kaiser Koa, a varsity player set his eyes on this girl in the bleachers. Since then, he can't take her out of his...
296K 4.3K 101
Juan Gomez de Liaño fan fiction. [completed]
705 55 43
[Choi Series #2] Being a princess is hard unlike what everyone thinks. As a princess from Spain, who's bound to marry someone she doesn't know, she d...
77K 3K 40
WEST AVENUE SERIES #1 (COMPLETE) Maria Zoella Santiaguel believes that you can make something work as long as you have a not just good, but strong re...