Shark Bait

By MadameCooki

Two Bestfriends Jimi and Katy were always there for each other. They were inseparable. Until one day, Katy m... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 9

56 1 0
By MadameCooki

I spent the last few days working on this doll, Rin would come by and check on me -but when he does, he seems distant. He woke up that morning and took another shower,kissed me,and left. Going to work out before swimming practice. that was the last time I had seen him, I had dance practice and sewing up this damn shark. I ran into Sosuke a few times before going to class. He actually smirked at me. I grin rarely came up,but it was better than that scolding look he'd give me.

I wonder why?  Did Katy talk to him? or did he do this on his own?

When I was walking towards class, I noticed Rin and some girl talking - or shall I saw arguing?

"Get off me,will ya? " he said pushing the girl paces away,his hands going back into his pocket. Wiping his mouth.

"You used to like me.. why change your mind? " she asked crossing her arms. I caught a good glimpse of the girl. Long dark straight hair, skinny than Katy, she wore too much make up.  

"Because...I don't want you. " he sounded moody, maybe something was going through his mind. I wonder what it was. He grabbed his bag and was walking towards the steps. 

"Is that why you're so close to that girl?  Because I didn't want you at first? " She called out. Rin stopped, and looked over his shoulder at her.  Who was this chick to him?  Did he actually like her while I liked him? 

"Are you even dating her?  Or do you just wait until the time comes for you to sleep with her?  Just like you did her friend? "

"Yes," I said in a soft whispering tone. "We are dating. " I was hoping he would say that. If not remotely close. I wanted him to tell her that he's moved on, because he did; but from whom?  Me or this girl?

"That's none of your business.. " he said, I felt my heart beating in joy. 

" I figured you say that.. still hurt about your swim with Nanase from Iwatobi. " she remarked. I can feel his anger boiling from here.

"What do you want from me?" He snapped.

"A date. On Valentine's Day. I have a wonderful gift for you. " she said before walking off.  "I'll call you after practice. ~"
God, I hope he doesn't go with her.

I watched him punch a locker and he crouched to the ground. I hated how frustrated he gets, but if I showed up now he'll think I was listening the entire time. legs But my legs had a mind of their own, I found myself crouching next to him.

"How much did you hear? " He asked.

"Enough. " I said. "Are you going with her this weekend? "

I didn't want to know his answer, my heart was to vulnerable. Maybe I'll just keep the pillow to myself and go find something to do on Valentine's Day. Maybe read a romance novel and fantasize about how I want my own romance to be.

Rin shook his head, " you have plans for me too, -"

"But you used to like her. How do I know if you're even going to like what I have planned for us? You'll probably complain about it when I'm not here. " He smiled again.

"I'll probably complain to your face, but never behind your back. " he corrected. I smiled, and put my head on his shoulder.

"I'm horrible at making plans, so prepare for the worse. "

This time he laughed.

"I can bare it...I actually have plans for you too afterwards. " I blushed. Gripping my bag tight.

"Yo- you do? " I asked .He nodded, and kissed my forehead before standing up and walking to class.

"You'll have to wait until Tomorrow. ~" he winked at me.

"Awww, he's dedicated to you. ~" Katy said, while watching me sew up this fin to Rin's pillow. I had to make sure he was long enough for Rin to manly cuddle with. Katy, being a sweetheart, grabbed more stuffing for the inside.

"Yeah, but I still wonder who that girl is?  She really wanted him to go with her." I said, holding up the shark and searching for errors.

"Who cares?  Rin likes you more!" Katy said, her arm next to my own.

"Jimisha Matsouka... ~" Kimi was laughing, and I just shook my head.

"Has a nice ring to it, ne? " Katy asked. 

"Sure Katherine Yamazaki..~" .we both laughed.

"Now that has a nice ring to it. " Katy said, before finishing her jacket.

"I just can't believe it's tomorrow. This week went by fast. " I said.

"I know, I still haven't thought of a good present for Sosuke. " she says poking the shark's nose. "I think I should make him something too, but what? "

I shrugged. "Maybe a panda? "

She sighs, "only you like pandas that much. "

"Goldfish..? " Kimiko suggested. I nodded at that. Goldfish are cute. 

Katy just nods, drawing up a goldfish. Never knew she had dra -never mind, she still doesn't. I mean, it's not bad.

I kept thinking about that girl.  She looked a lot prettier than I'll ever be. If I was there earlier, I imagined she threw herself on to him.he looked like he didn't want her, but looks can be deceiving,right? It's not that I don't trust Rin, I do wholeheartedly, but -

"Puka... " I jumped as Katy called out to me. "Do you want to go get some supplies with me? "

I nodded. Hoping That my mind would be if some use to Katy.

While at the store, I kept looking around at the yarn. I haven't knitted anything in a while, so maybe I can knit a scarf for Rin's shark. Or for Rin period. I picked out a bunch of yarn and crochet sticks. when I looked around for Katy, I saw someone else.

"Yamazaki-san... " I mumbled. Gripping at the tag on the balls of yarn in my hands. He looked over at me and grinned. 

"Milano-chan.. what are you doing here? " he asked. Holding a bag in his hands.  I tried my best to smile at him, Hoping he won't hate me.   For what? I don't know.

"Um...I was planning to make a scarf for Rin-kun." I said.  He smiled at me. "I'm sure he'll love it. I needed to grab something for my dad, just to help out with the shop. "

I nodded, smiling. Then he leaned closer to me. 

"Is Katy here with you? " he asked.  I nodded.  Sosuke just smiles, laughing even. What's so funny?

"Rin's here too. " get finally let me in on the joke, I nearly dropped my knitting supplies. 

What's he doing here? 

"Katy-chan...? " I can hear him from here.  I felt my knees buckle and sat on the bench.

Hopefully he won't see me. I pulled out my phone and text away on the keyboard.
Keep Rin busy, and I'll keep Sosuke busy.

My phone chimed. 
Okay.  >.<

I sighed and looked back at Sosuke, smiling. Holding my balls close to my chest, I let out a sigh.

"Actually, " I say in a distant tone.  "There's something I wanted to ask you. "

Sosuke sat next to me, rubbing his hands. I told him about earlier today, about the girl and Rin. I left out the part about his plans and my trust in him, but Sosuke's smart.

"...So, do I really have to worry about her?  Or does Rin seriously want to get involved with me? " I ask.  Looking around, I can see Rin's hat and Katy's hair bouncing around the store.  Getting far and far away from us. 

"Believe it or not, Rin actually loves you. He just doesn't know how to say it, he thinks that if he loves something too much it'll leave him, and take his dream along with it. " I looked over at Sosuke. "Just like his dad. "

He smirked at me.  " He keeps calling you his mermaid. Kinda like how me and Katy are.. she's my mermaid too."

I smiled at him. He really was a nice guy. I found myself able to entrust him with my best friend.

"Katy is more than my best friend, she's very fragile. When she was younger, she was always getting hurt. She didn't know what to do;  all of this yelling and arguing she's heard her parents do..." I waved my hands around, thinking of words. "It made her... jittery. I try not to yell at her much, but our fight..."

I can recall our big fight.  All of this yelling and screaming, we were crying even. Drowning in cookie dough and ice cream fights.  All because of Rin, because I was too harsh on both of us. I just want Katy to be happy, to fall in love and not regret it. That's what our new pact was about.

"I know the details,Katy looks at you as her sister. You were just trying to protect her. I do the same thing for Rin. "He said.

"But I bet you and Rin-kun fight a lot;  Katy and I never fought. " I said. Biting down on upcoming tears.

"I just pray that you and Katy have a good life together if there will be a future. "  He smiled at me, and pat my shoulder.

"I won't, you have my word. "

Katy ditched Rin somewhere in the store when it was time to go back home. while waiting for her up front, I already started on my scarf. Making sure my rows are good.Katy was too busy smiling like a mad woman who just got off on blowing up a building. I'm scared to ask what her smile was for, but she ended up telling me anyway.

"I,know what's gonna happen tomorrow... ~" she was giddy. Rin must've told her something, now I'm curious.

"What?  Between me and -"

"Yes! Yes,He's got plans. Big plans! "

We walked all the way back to Samezuka, but she still didn't tell me about Rin's plans. I was slowing losing my patients with this, Katy and I were in the hallway when I saw that girl standing by Rin's door,looking around before knocking on the door again. I remember Sosuke telling me, he'll keep Rin out a bit longer. As long as he could.  The girl saw me and started walking towards me.

"Excuse me, " the girl called out. Bowing apologetically.  I rolled my eyes. "Are you Rin's new friend.  Jimosha? Jimaea? "

"Jimisha.. " I corrected her. She waves me off.

"I need a favor from you."

"Sorry, " I said, holding my bag close. "I don't talk nor do favors for strangers. "

The girl clicked her teeth. 

"Just hand over Matsouka Rin, he doesn't need nor want you. ~" she said.  "I have plans for him on Valentine's day. "

"Well what a coincidence.. ~" I said, leaning against the wall.  I wasn't bothered by her, I wanted to laugh in her face.  "So do I.."

The girl snarled. Getting closer to me.  "I'm telling you nicely, leave Rin alone... or else! " 

I held my shoulders and pretend to let out a shiver. Like I was scared of her.  Mocking her. 

"O-oh yes, " I stammered playfully. "I'll send him over when I see him. ~"

I played with my two index fingers.

"I just don't know your name. "

"It's Saya.. " she said with a smile. 

"Saika? " I said. Saya hissed. 

"Just don't get in my way. I want Matsouka for myself. "

Yeah, Okay

When I got into the room I saw Katy text on her phone. She stood up when she saw me, so I just sat on my bed and knit the entire night away. Hoping that tomorrow is going to go as planned,and Rin doesn't go with Saika tomorrow. For some reason, I just hope this doesn't go bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 1.1K 19
Have you ever heard about Love at second sight? A feeling when you meet someone and know that you're going to fall for them. Maybe you don't love the...
44.3K 1.2K 35
Swimmer x Reader! You arrive at Iwatobi High School and meet 5 boys-- Haruka, Makoto, Nagisa, Rei, and Rin. You are given an option to choose only on...
797K 53.7K 81
"Oh baby...You make me want to risk it all" When it comes to marriage, love is what blossoms between the couple. Living life together and being there...
4.2K 106 36
Book 2 of Shark Boy || Free! Iwatobi Swim.. || Rin Matsuoka x Reader. I would suggest reading Book 1, before you start reading this one, if you want...